Does Luke Cage and colossus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Battlehammer
have superhuman relfexes by comic standerds.

I was told by newjack that they do.

DigiMark007
Newjak lies....

...about not liking it when Blair touches him.

JasonK4
Originally posted by JasonK4
Luke Cage doesn't, Colossus does.

ninja

Battlehammer
...........if this was true hawlk eye and punisher would have them too.........both have better reflexes then colossus.........

Newjak
Originally posted by Battlehammer
have superhuman relfexes by comic standerds.

I was told by newjack that they do. By normal human standards yes they do 313

JasonK4
...........if this was true hawlk eye and punisher would have them too.........both have better reflexes then colossus.........
Originally posted by Newjak
By normal human standards yes they do 313
and they're not mutants nor do they have steel skin 131

*High Fives NewJack*

Battlehammer
.......................normal what comic humans? lol hawlk eyes relfexes would pwn colossus and he does not even ahve peak-human reflexes.........

Newjak
.......................normal what comic humans? lol hawlk eyes relfexes would pwn colossus and he does not even ahve peak-human reflexes......... Yep because you know Hawkeye hasn't tagged Quicksilver or anything like that. Good comparison.

Besides Colossus does have speed feats.

Once Wolverine got blasted by a Robot while charging.

Colossus standing and a good8 feet away from the robot still hit the Robot before the blast had even finished.

The narrator even saying "Reacting with Blinding Speed" wink

Battlehammer
.......................so now ever single person has superhuman reflects.........your arguement is rediculous..............

by comic standerards a person with superhuman relfexes can deflect, dodge bullets.........they can weave in and out of bullets..........none of which colossus comes close to doing...........

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Newjak lies....

...about not liking it when Blair touches him. the responsible mod.

ermmnone

Harry Fingerman
Yep because you know Hawkeye hasn't tagged Quicksilver or anything like that. Good comparison.

Colossus standing and a good8 feet away from the robot still hit the Robot before the blast had even finished.

The narrator even saying "Reacting with Blinding Speed" wink Colossus>Wolverine?

Soljer
.......................so now ever single person has superhuman reflects.........your arguement is rediculous..............

by comic standerards a person with superhuman relfexes can deflect, dodge bullets.........they can weave in and out of bullets..........none of which colossus comes close to doing...........

Why the hell would colossus try to dodge a bullet?

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Soljer
Why the hell would colossus try to dodge a bullet?
why would wonder women........or wolverine? Sure he does not have to but if he could he have aleast one showing doing it.

or catching bullets like superman, sentry.

none of these does colossus have

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Harry Fingerman
Colossus>Wolverine?
would not be surpized if he thought that lol

Harry Fingerman
why would wonder women........or wolverine? Sure he does not have to but if he could he have aleast one showing doing it. Because neither of those guys are bullet proof?

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Harry Fingerman
Because neither of those guys are bullet proof?
wonder woman is and wolverine has no need to dodge bullets are really nothing to him

Harry Fingerman
wonder woman is and wolverine has no need to dodge bullets are really nothing to him Bullets do hurt Wolverine still, maybe not put him down, but they do hurt him. It would be like dodging a cat scratch. It won't kill you, but it will sting.

Also, Wolverine doesn't really dodge bullets anymore... not that I've seen anyway.

And there's a reason WW blocks bullets with her bands...

Newjak

by comic standerards a person with superhuman relfexes can deflect, dodge bullets.........they can weave in and out of bullets..........none of which colossus comes close to doing........... Yep all things Batman, Spider-man, Wolverine, Captain America have all done surprisingly and Daredevil, Hawkeye, Nightwing.

Newjak
would not be surpized if he thought that lol If we go by your logic then yes Colossus is faster than Wolverine seeing as he did something Wolverine couldn't 313

Soljer
Uhhmm....

Wonder Woman isn't bulletproof.

Wolverine isn't bullet proof.

A bee sting may not kill me, but you damned well better believe I'll dodge a nest.

Colossus doesn't even FEEL bullets.

Newjak
Uhhmm....

Wonder Woman isn't bulletproof.

Wolverine isn't bullet proof.

A bee sting may not kill me, but you damned well better believe I'll dodge a nest.

Colossus doesn't even FEEL bullets. But when he needs to he can move very, very fast.

Once when this Sentinel was about to fry someone with a flame thrower Colossus raced through a hole in the wall for about ten feet before anyone knew what was happening and took the full force unscathed.

Soljer
But when he needs to he can move very, very fast.

Once when this Sentinel was about to fry someone with a flame thrower Colossus raced through a hole in the wall for about ten feet before anyone knew what was happening and took the full force unscathed.

That's cause, when in his armored form, Colossus has enhanced reflexes.

Newjak
That's cause, when in his armored form, Colossus has enhanced reflexes. Surprising I know stick out tongue

Soljer
Surprising I know stick out tongue

Not really....

Newjak
Not really.... Yeah I know sad

pr1983
You're right of course newjak, at least on the colossus part (i don't know shit about luke cage), yeah, he's enhanced etc...

Badabing
I couldn't find any speed or reflex feats for Colossus or Luke Cage but I did find a few for Thing.
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/thingsuperbreath3tl.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/thingarrowuv5.jpg

It was brought to my attention that I didn't elaborate myself enough.
*cough* PR *cough* So........

IMO, Colossus and Luke Cage could duplicate these feats. It has never been shown that Ben Grimm is faster or has quicker reflexes than Colossus and Luke Cage. Unless somebody can prove otherwise we must conclude that Colossus and Luke Cage have a degree of superhuman speed and reflexes.

roughrider
Colossus is above-average; certainly fast for a guy his size.
Luke Cage has normal reflexes. Whatever playing on the basketball court has given him.

pr1983
Originally posted by Badabing
I couldn't find any speed or reflex feats for Colossus or Luke Cage but I did find a few for Thing.
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/thingsuperbreath3tl.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/thingarrowuv5.jpg

It was brought to my attention that I didn't elaborate myself enough.
*cough* PR *cough* So........

IMO, Colossus and Luke Cage could duplicate these feats. It has never been shown that Ben Grimm is faster or has quicker reflexes than Colossus and Luke Cage. Unless somebody can prove otherwise we must conclude that Colossus and Luke Cage have a degree of superhuman speed and reflexes.

big grin

SnazzySmurph
I'm sure it's been stated, but while armored, Colossus has increased reflexes and agility.

Soljer
Originally posted by SnazzySmurph
I'm sure it's been stated, but while armored, Colossus has increased reflexes and agility.

It's been pointed out several times.

SnazzySmurph
It's been pointed out several times. I just like to feel smart.

Go rain on someone else's parade.

Battlehammer
That's cause, when in his armored form, Colossus has enhanced reflexes.
how does this make sense?

I mean for one his reflexes are not even close to the level of characters like punisher, hawlk eye and so forth.

so are we to that punisher and hawlk eye are now well into the super human levels of reflex?

masterbruce

I mean for one his reflexes are not even close to the level of characters like punisher, hawlk eye and so forth.

so are we to that punisher and hawlk eye are now well into the super human levels of reflex? a lot of stuff in comics don't make sense, in fact most of it don't

Doctor-Alvis

Colossus doesn't even FEEL bullets.
But what if someone got bullets that could hurt him. Tough crap, Colossus, you didn't even try and now you're boned because you have zero bullet dodging practice.

Soljer

so are we to that punisher and hawlk eye are now well into the super human levels of reflex?

It makes sense cause the writers said "Colossus has enhanced reflexes while armored."

The Punisher and Hawk Eye do not have enhanced reflexes - meaning that they have slower reflexes than Colossus.

Battlehammer
It makes sense cause the writers said "Colossus has enhanced reflexes while armored."

The Punisher and Hawk Eye do not have enhanced reflexes - meaning that they have slower reflexes than Colossus.

.........but here the thing that never been stated to my knowledge.

also punisher and hawlk have greater feats of reflex then colossus?

and you are the one who says that feats defines the character not what there stated to do.

Newjak
Originally posted by pr1983
You're right of course newjak, at least on the colossus part (i don't know shit about luke cage), yeah, he's enhanced etc... big grin

Blair Wind
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Newjak lies....
...about not liking it when Blair touches him.

confused no expression

sick

Newjak
Originally posted by Blair Wind
confused no expression

sick Yep Digi a mod

And someone I once thought of as a friend sad

pr1983
.........but here the thing that never been stated to my knowledge.

also punisher and hawlk have greater feats of reflex then colossus?

and you are the one who says that feats defines the character not what there stated to do.

they have better feats because they have to... colossus doesnt have to dodge projectiles, those guys do...

just because he has less feats doesnt make his any less valid...

if colossus wasnt enhanced, he'd probably be like the citizen steel who's in jsa atm...

Battlehammer
Originally posted by pr1983
they have better feats because they have to... colossus doesnt have to dodge projectiles, those guys do...

just because he has less feats doesnt make his any less valid...

if colossus wasnt enhanced, he'd probably be like the citizen steel who's in jsa atm...
thats a lossy excuse and you know it. If colossus in deed had there reflexes he have feats to prove it.

it not less feats it the fact his feats don't compare to theres.

please tell me were it states colossus has enchanced reflexes.

Alfheim
Yep because you know Hawkeye hasn't tagged Quicksilver or anything like that. Good comparison.

The narrator even saying "Reacting with Blinding Speed" wink

Yeah but by that reasoning he should be able to speedblitz really. It just seems like an inconsistent showing.

This could explain why Bishop said that there were stories of Collsus being as fast as whirlwind....this is news to me never considered him to be fast.

Newjak
thats a lossy excuse and you know it. If colossus in deed had there reflexes he have feats to prove it.

please tell me were it states colossus has enchanced reflexes. He does have feats to prove it and I've already explained them to you.

Heck even go to Marvel.com and read his Bio it even states he has enhanced reflexes wink

Battlehammer
He does have feats to prove it and I've already explained them to you.

Heck even go to Marvel.com and read his Bio it even states he has enhanced reflexes wink

ya becuase marvel.com is a good soruce......... roll eyes (sarcastic)

sorry but no.

his feats still lack that of punisher and hawlk both of which are still under peak-human.

Sparkz
Its that catch 22, Colossus has enhanced reflexes because he is super human, but the weaker characters with no super human powers have to look faster otherwise, well they would be dead and obsolete, Its a "in the real world collosus would be faster but in comics punisher is faster or looks faster cause he has to have some sort of edge on a power house"

Battlehammer
what you said makes really not sense since if punisher has greater feats and is shown with greater reflexes then he has them.

I mean can any one actaully give pannel evdience of colossus beign stated with enchanced reflexes?

Newjak
what you said makes really not sense since if punisher has greater feats and is shown with greater reflexes then he has them.

I mean can any one actaully give pannel evdience of colossus beign stated with enchanced reflexes? Like he said Punisher doesn't really have better feats it just look like he does.

But the speed feats Colossus does have are better wink

Sparkz

I mean can any one actaully give pannel evdience of colossus beign stated with enchanced reflexes?

i didn't say Punisher wasn't faster, what i said was in the real world and by logic colossus would be faster, which is why all his bio's state it, what happens on panel is something eles.

Battlehammer
Like he said Punisher doesn't really have better feats it just look like he does.

But the speed feats Colossus does have are better wink

colossus reflex feats are clearlly not better then hawlk eye or punisher.

again the confersation is reflex not speed.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Sparkz
i didn't say Punisher wasn't faster, what i said was in the real world and by logic colossus would be faster, which is why all his bio's state it, what happens on panel is something eles.

bio mean jack. In the real world colossus would be a statue.......and by Logic......he be a statue unable to move.

so in comic world colossus reflexes are not that of beyond a human such as punisher.

Newjak
colossus reflex feats are clearlly not better then hawlk eye or punisher.

again the confersation is reflex not speed. Really because last time I checked being able to run and turn at certai nspeeds requite reflex speeds.

For instance for character X to travel certai nspeed without running into everything character X needs to have reflexes to prevent it.

Battlehammer
..........depends what the feat is. For example hulk can run 500 miles per hour yet his reflexes don't work at that speed.

running very fast in a strength line is not a reflex feat. relfext and speed are different. Though it can be a reflex feat depending on what the feat shows.

Sparkz
bio mean jack. In the real world colossus would be a statue.......and by Logic......he be a statue unable to move.

so in comic world colossus reflexes are not that of beyond a human such as punisher.

Fine if you wanna be that way in the real world Collossus would actualy be a russian farm boy...NYAAA!

Newjak
..........depends what the feat is. For example hulk can run 500 miles per hour yet his reflexes don't work at that speed.

running very fast in a strength line is not a reflex feat. relfext and speed are different. Though it can be a reflex feat depending on what the feat shows. Moving between Wolverine and hitting a Robot before he can finish his attack wouldn't be a reflex feat then?

Battlehammer
Moving between Wolverine and hitting a Robot before he can finish his attack wouldn't be a reflex feat then?

I have to see the feat what the issue number and title.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Sparkz
Fine if you wanna be that way in the real world Collossus would actualy be a russian farm boy...NYAAA!
hahahaha that can turn into a statue............ stick out tongue

Newjak
I have to see the feat what the issue number and title. You have to see the feat to what validate it for yourself? confused

Battlehammer
You have to see the feat to what validate it for yourself? confused
yes becuase im not simply taking your word on the matter. now whats the issue number and title? what are you worried about if it a legitment feat?

Newjak
yes becuase im not simply taking your word on the matter. now whats the issue number and title? what are you worried about if it a legitment feat? How about you actually describe a feat that Punisher and Hawkeye have that outdo Colossus wink

I need to valiadte it for myself because I don't take your word for it.

Battlehammer
How about you actually describe a feat that Punisher and Hawkeye have that outdo Colossus wink

give me the title and issue number for your feat and I will respond with my feat.

Jyppe

I don't follow your logic. First you say stuff like, Wolverine doesn't need to dodge bullets, but he is able to yet most of the time it doesn't seem like that.

Then you ramble about the fact that Colossus (a friggin' durable armored beast) doesn't have many/ superior speed feats compared to guys like Punisher or Hawkeye.. Ugh..

It's a pretty much universal law that people who don't have healing factors/super durability have super feats of speed and reaction time. Who'd want to read a comic where a peak human hero dies in the second panel because he's slow enough to dodge a bullet?

Besides, are you sure they're not just faster than the one operating the weapon, outspeeding the shooter.

Sparkz
hahahaha that can turn into a statue............ stick out tongue

Awww damn I'v been outdone...

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Jyppe
I don't follow your logic. First you say stuff like, Wolverine doesn't need to dodge bullets, but he is able to yet most of the time it doesn't seem like that.
huge differences Logan has feats support this such as dodging gun fire, deflecting gun fire, cacting a bullet, being stated to have beyond human relfexes and so on.

Originally posted by Jyppe
Then you ramble about the fact that Colossus (a friggin' durable armored beast) doesn't have many/ superior speed feats compared to guys like Punisher or Hawkeye.. Ugh...
Not that he does not have many it the fact he does not have one superior to there and he hardly ever shows any sort of increadable reflexes.

Apolloknight
Colossus has enhanced reflexes and speed.

Soljer
Originally posted by Apolloknight
Colossus has enhanced reflexes and speed.

Yup.

Battlehammer
prove it. The reflex part since speed pritty moot most heavy hitters have soem sort of enchanced speed.

I mean when was colossus stated with enchanced relfexes? if colossus has enchanced reflex would not thing and so forth?

Soljer
if colossus has enchanced reflex would not thing and so forth?

Nope.

Battlehammer
why not? it not like colossus has doen any thing reflex wise thing can't or has not.

also I have yet to see any one provide evidence of colossus on pannel being stated with enchanced reflexes

Soljer
why not? it not like colossus has doen any thing reflex wise thing can't or has not.

Sure he has.

He's received enhanced reflexes from his transformation into armored form.

Thing received no such enhancement.

Battlehammer
Sure he has.

He's received enhanced reflexes from his transformation into armored form.

Thing received no such enhancement.
again prove it. You state it alot but have yet to prove it.

when in any comic has colossus ever been stated with enhanced reflexes?

there way to much cock stroking on colossus part.

his reflexes are no better then thing it his agility that is. Though even that still well with in human limits comic wise.

Soljer

his reflexes are no better then thing it his agility that is. Though even that still well with in human limits comic wise.

Untrue.

His reflexes are enhanced. Thing's are normal human.

Battlehammer
Untrue.

His reflexes are enhanced. Thing's are normal human.

PROVE IT. WERE HAS THIS EVER BEEN STATED IN A COMIC?

Soljer
PROVE IT. WERE HAS THIS EVER BEEN STATED IN A COMIC?

Yes.

Battlehammer
Yes.

Really what issue and title?

becuase I read most all of colossus apearences and I never seen this

Soljer
Really what issue and title?

becuase I read most all of colossus apearences and I never seen this

If you haven't read it, then I doubt you've read the majority of his appearances.

Battlehammer
If you haven't read it, then I doubt you've read the majority of his appearances.
Oh I have it kinda of hard not to when you read x-men comics..........

you still have yet to give me an issue number and title of the issue. If it so obviously presented in comics then you should ahve no trouble doing this?

Soljer

Battlehammer
what was the point in putting that down? I ask for you to present the title and issue in which it states colossus has enchanced human reflexes.

.......which again you ignored and now instead of giving me the issue you just post a whole bunch of issues he been in..........seems like your avoiding the question as if you don't have any evdience to suport your claims. Which is odd coming from you. Though the colossus hype is huge around here and most people take what people say about him as fact when in fact it not.

Soljer
what was the point in putting that down? I ask for you to present the title and issue in which it states colossus has enchanced human reflexes.

.......which again you ignored and now instead of giving me the issue you just post a whole bunch of issues he been in..........seems like your avoiding the question as if you don't have any evdience to suport your claims. Which is odd coming from you. Though the colossus hype is huge around here and most people take what people say about him as fact when in fact it not.

Nope.

It was in one of those.

For someone who has read almost every issue colossus has ever been in, it's kinda funny that you've never read something that's been stated no less than a dozen times before 1985.

Battlehammer
Nope.

It was in one of those.

For someone who has read almost every issue colossus has ever been in, it's kinda funny that you've never read something that's been stated no less than a dozen times before 1985.

............are you serous.........im not looking through every one of those issues. Hell it likly not in any of them.

hell you don't even know if it was stated so instead you listed a shit load of random issues..............

thats not even evdience thats just stupid. No one will look through all the shit.

so untill you present the issue it actaully in and stated which one it was in, you have eyt to provide evidence.

........dozen times my ass.

Soljer
Nope. It was in one of those. I just don't believe that you've read almost every one of Colossus' appearances to date.

Battlehammer
Nope. It was in one of those. I just don't believe that you've read almost every one of Colossus' appearances to date.

Im not looking through that many comics.

I think your full of it and just don't have evidence.

Lets see ive read ever issue of x-men at least onces as well as uncanny, then there was ecaliber which I neevr read the entire thing due to money issues. Then there astonishing x-men and new x-men. and so forth. Then a few marvel team ups and some cross overs and secret wars. The only real issues I be missing are a few ecaliber and some cross overs and team ups. Then his limited solo which I never read.

ya in all in all ive read most of them. And every one of his x-men apearances to date unless there was a new one since ive been at school which is likly.

Alfheim
How about you actually describe a feat that Punisher and Hawkeye have that outdo Colossus wink

Deflecting Caps shield and stopping it with his feet is a pretty good one. There also a breif fight between Frank and Ulik where he dodges Ulik for a bit, not as impressive as how Spiderman would do it but not bad. I would assume that Ulik evnthoug he doesnt dodge bullets he would at least have atheletic speed.

pr1983

please tell me were it states colossus has enchanced reflexes.

He does have feats to prove it and I've already explained them to you.

shrug

Nope.

It was in one of those.

yes

Im not looking through that many comics.

I think your full of it and just don't have evidence.

Lets see ive read ever issue of x-men at least onces as well as uncanny, then there was ecaliber which I neevr read the entire thing due to money issues. Then there astonishing x-men and new x-men. and so forth. Then a few marvel team ups and some cross overs and secret wars. The only real issues I be missing are a few ecaliber and some cross overs and team ups. Then his limited solo which I never read.

ya in all in all ive read most of them. And every one of his x-men apearances to date unless there was a new one since ive been at school which is likly.

if you had read every issue of x-men you claim to have, then you should have seen several impressive feats by colossus...

oh, and marvel.com is reliable when it comes to bios and what powers a character actually has... its the power charts that are mostly bullshit...

Jyppe
Ugh, my point still stands. Colossus, a brawler, doesn't need that many speed feats to determine that his speed is greater than it normally is, when he's in the armored form. Because speed isn't one of his primary super power.

Hell, let's use some logic here, his speed feats when armored > to his speed feats when not armored. That alone would prove that his stats increase when armored.

It's also pretty common logic that his speed would increase if his normal strength/durability/endurance increase that much from his normal stats.

I'm not sure about his reflexes but he has surprised Wolverine at times with his speed, that's a feat in itself. Don't you agree? I'm sure there are some good feats in the Colossus respect thread.

Because he doesn't need to dodge bullets? IIRC he has dodged some beams, or he has gotten in front of beams that are about to hit his team members. Besides, most writers just wont focus on his speedy side. Or maybe it's because of CIS?

Anyways, I thought you knew that superpowerless characters portray A WHOLE SH*TLOAD of feats that would put super powered characters to shame. Snikt bub

snoopdogg
Colossus has displayed some good reflexes before.

Catches a missle in one hand and punches another with the other at the same time:
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20agillity%20and%20speed/ColossusandRogueMTU150-2.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20agillity%20and%20speed/ColossusandRougueMTU150.jpg

Reacts with blinding speed that belies his massive form:
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20agillity%20and%20speed/Colossusspeed.jpg

Alfheim
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Colossus has displayed some good reflexes before.

Catches a missle in one hand and punches another with the other at the same time:
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20agillity%20and%20speed/ColossusandRogueMTU150-2.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20agillity%20and%20speed/ColossusandRougueMTU150.jpg

Reacts with blinding speed that belies his massive form:
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20agillity%20and%20speed/Colossusspeed.jpg

Ok that proves he has enhanced reflexes but that is very inconsistent.. Hell he can catch missles but he couldnt even catch Spiderman in Secret Wars, im pretty sure if you tried hard enough you could find showings that contradict that. At any rate evn the Hulk has caught missles.

Soljer
Originally posted by Alfheim
Ok that proves he has enhanced reflexes but that is very inconsistent.. Hell he can catch missles but he couldnt even catch Spiderman in Secret Wars, im pretty sure if you tried hard enough you could find showings that contradict that. At any rate evn the Hulk has caught missles.

Yeah....and the Hulk has enhanced reflexes. Gee, gee.

Alfheim
Yeah....and the Hulk has enhanced reflexes. Gee, gee.

Yeah that was my point. Its just that people like Hulk and Colosus have inconsistent showings. This proves that their reflexes are enhanced but not as enhanced as Cap or Spiderman....do that math. no expression

Soljer
No, it doesn't. Inconsistent showings mean inconsistent showings.

Not a certain 'level' of enhancement.

Alfheim
No, it doesn't. Inconsistent showings mean inconsistent showings.

Not a certain 'level' of enhancement.

Well Collous has enhance reflexes. If he can catch a missle it could be argued that he really shoulndt have had that much trouble catching Spiderman. After all thats one of the feats that people use to show how fast Namor is.

It also depends as well. If somebody has inconsistent showings you have to evaluate the feats and come to some average. depending on how good the feats are you may come to enhaced reflexes you may not.

Soljer
Nah.

llagrok
Well Collous has enhance reflexes. If he can catch a missle it could be argued that he really shoulndt have had that much trouble catching Spiderman. After all thats one of the feats that people use to show how fast Namor is.

It also depends as well. If somebody has inconsistent showings you have to evaluate the feats and come to some average. depending on how good the feats are you may come to enhaced reflexes you may not.

So if he displays 100 ton strength at some point, and no super strength at the other, he's a class 50?

Soljer
Originally posted by llagrok
So if he displays 100 ton strength at some point, and no super strength at the other, he's a class 50?

EXACTLY!

roll eyes (sarcastic).

llagrok
They're still faster than Wolverine.

Battlehammer
what does wolverine have to do with this thread?

ExodusCloak
That X-Men/Spiderman showing was one poor showing for the entire X-Men team. Granted Spidermans reflexes are superior but both Ms.Marvel Rogue and Nightcrawler should be able to dodge webbing. And then Xavier sensing Spiderman eavesdropping...but doing nothing to telepathically take him out...

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/5681/feat25fight1ka2.jpg
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/9109/feat25fight2lw3.jpg
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/5280/feat25fight3hs8.jpg

Alfheim

Thats a really bad example you cant show me one character who has class 100 strength and then has no super strength...gezzzzz. If you have a character that displays no superhuman strength then shows he has class 100 thats PIS. C'mon man, think.

It really depends....if he has only a few enhanced showings but predominately non-enhanced showings that could be considered to be PIS. If he has lots of enhanced and lots of non-enhanced depending on the context and the feats it could be argued that he has enhanced reflexes but not as good as other heroes with more consistent feats. I dont see what the problem is.

Originally posted by ExodusCloak
That X-Men/Spiderman showing was one poor showing for the entire X-Men team. Granted Spidermans reflexes are superior but both Ms.Marvel Rogue and Nightcrawler should be able to dodge webbing. And then Xavier sensing Spiderman eavesdropping...but doing nothing to telepathically take him out...

Well actually Xavier did take Spiderman out he wiped his memory. Nightcrawler has been owned by Punisher as well.

Accel
wtf?

ExodusCloak
Well actually Xavier did take Spiderman out he wiped his memory. Nightcrawler has been owned by Punisher as well.

That was after Spiderman pwned him. erm
Xavier should have sensed that Spiderman was about to attack them instead of verbally telling the X-Men that we have an eavesdropper. He could have told them telepathically or just dealt with the eavesdropper himself.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Accel
wtf?

EXACTLY!

roll eyes (sarcastic).

That was after Spiderman pwned him. erm

Sorry what exactly are refering to Xmen vs Spiderman or Punisher vs Nightcrawler.

Xavier should have sensed that Spiderman was about to attack them instead of verbally telling the X-Men that we have an eavesdropper. He could have told them telepathically or just dealt with the eavesdropper himself.

Yeah thats true.....but I dont think its unrealistic for Spiderman to dodge the oether heroes like that.

Soljer
Originally posted by Accel
wtf?

Alfheim argued that if someone displays the ability to go C on one occasion, and the ability to go mach 1 on another, then their 'true' speed was more analogous to C + Mach 1 / 2.

no expression.

Alfheim

Well thats what I said.... Dont see what the problem is to then give an example of somebody with no superhuman strength who can suddenly lift 100tons doesnt fit.

Heres the problem. We are talking about reflexes. Reflexes are harder to quantify than strength so there is more of a grey area. I also stated that somebody could have non-enhanced feats and enhanced feats, that includes peak human feats. So if somebody has peak human feats thats not far off from enhanced feats, so to give me an example of non superhuman strength and a 100 tons does not fit.

Also I mentioned context. For example a personb may not dodge becsue he doesnt need to but when he can he can move very fast.

llagrok
Alfheim argued that if someone displays the ability to go C on one occasion, and the ability to go mach 1 on another, then their 'true' speed was more analogous to C + Mach 1 / 2.

no expression.

The point is that they're both faster than Wolverine.

Battlehammer
The point is that they're both faster than Wolverine.

what does wolverine have to do with this thread?

Faceman
I don't think Cage does, after all he was owned by Scorpion.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Faceman
I don't think Cage does, after all he was owned by Scorpion.

That was terrible......

snoopdogg
I don't think Cage does, after all he was owned by Scorpion. What issue was this?

Faceman
What issue was this?

I can't recall , I'll find the scans for you and pm them to you.

snoopdogg
I can't recall , I'll find the scans for you and pm them to you. Sounds good to me. I don't remember seeing that.

Alfheim
Sounds good to me. I don't remember seeing that.

Yeah I saw them it was badddd...to be quite fair he should not have got owned like that after all I think Powerman has given Spiderman a good fight.

Alfheim
http://img371.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vscage1a9ms.jpg
http://img219.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vscage1b1dj.jpg
scan mssing
http://img192.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vscage1d4at.jpg
http://img360.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vscage1e2ca.jpg

Didnt do too badly

Round 2

http://img359.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vscage2a3by.jpg
http://img320.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vscage2b2kh.jpg
http://img494.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vscage2c7mt.jpg
http://img500.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vscage2d8ok.jpg

...gets a beating in the end but not a total curbstomp. Spiderman is much better than Scorpion looking at these showings he shouldnt really get owned by Scorpion and I guess judgeing by the fight yu could say he possily has enhanced reflexes to a degress as well.

Intresting I found this..big grin
http://img360.imageshack.us/my.php?image=uncanny127cyclops20uz.gif
http://img360.imageshack.us/my.php?image=uncanny127cyclops35nr.gif
http://img360.imageshack.us/my.php?image=uncanny127cyclops43oe.gif
http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?image=uncanny175cyclops14zp.gif
http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?image=uncanny175cyclops29cc.gif
http://img459.imageshack.us/my.php?image=uncanny175cyclops32nk.gif

Yeah Colosus can be quite fast.... shifty

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.