Eternal Sonata

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

InnerRise
This is a new XBOX360 Game that is out. I've heard some good things about it. I haven't gotten it yet. Don't know when I will, but I plan to eventually.

Anybody get this and if so, what do you think?

How is it?

Anata Wa Wakarimasu Ka.....

Morridini
I kinda really like the idea and the look of the game, so I had been keeping an eye out for it. I downloaded the X-box demo, and it was fun, even tho it didn't really show much of the game. However, at the moment it just doesn't seem good enough t warrant being bought, too many other games coming.

Mr.Biscuits
I'm picking this up soon.
I played the demo and I liked the combat system a lot.
The graphic style is also very nice...

~Forever*Alone~
if i owned an xbox i would buy it....

Mr.Biscuits
Originally posted by Mr.Biscuits
I'm picking this up soon.
I played the demo and I liked the combat system a lot.
The graphic style is also very nice...
Got it 2 days ago.
The game is great.
Easily the best RPG on the 360.

ThoraxeRMG
I may get it.

Lana
If I had a 360 I'd definitely get it, games like this and Blue Dragon are straight up my alley.

CaptainStoic
Lana, I don't want to rain on your parade, but Eternal Sonata is not all that great. it's kind of preachy. Too much dialog and not enough action. The combat system and graphics are pretty good, but I'd wait until it went down in price before jumping into it. If I were to compare it to Blue Dragon I would say that it was inferior by a land slide. You seem like you have played many RPG's so I would give it a solid 6 out of 10 at best.

InnerRise
Professional Reviewers greatly disagree with you.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

ragesRemorse
Good graphics and fun gameplay, but it is for little kids. It is certainly a solid RPG if you can get past the child like lure. Oblivion still stands as the monster hit RPG for the 360.

fanboy 1988
I really didn't think the graphics were all that great, it looked like Wild Arms for the PS2.. But I'll probably consider getting this after I beat Mass Effect though.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by fanboy 1988
I really didn't think the graphics were all that great, it looked like Wild Arms for the PS2.. But I'll probably consider getting this after I beat Mass Effect though.

no, the graphics really arent that good when you compare them to other games that take on a more realistic tone, but for the direction they were trying to go. The graphics work well. It looks and plays like a saturday morning cartoon

InnerRise
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Good graphics and fun gameplay, but it is for little kids. It is certainly a solid RPG if you can get past the child like lure. Oblivion still stands as the monster hit RPG for the 360. What's childish about this game, which you actually said in so many words.

Originally posted by fanboy 1988
I really didn't think the graphics were all that great, it looked like Wild Arms for the PS2.. But I'll probably consider getting this after I beat Mass Effect though. Originally posted by ragesRemorse
no, the graphics really arent that good when you compare them to other games that take on a more realistic tone, but for the direction they were trying to go. The graphics work well. It looks and plays like a saturday morning cartoon Actually the graphics are good. They're beautiful. Comparing these graphics to something like Oblivion or any other game with completely different graphics and then saying the graphics to Eternal Sonata aren't good b/c they aren't of the realistic type like others is ridiculous.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Darkhalen
Each game is different

InnerRise
Originally posted by Darkhalen
Each game is different Umm...thanks for pointing out the obvious in this cliche post.

Darkhalen
Whatever thanks for replying to the obvious post that makes you just as obvious since you followed the cliche well done

Anata wa wakarimasu ka..... OUT

Lana
Darkhalen, do you actually have anything to add to the convo? Because I've noticed you have a habit of posting for the sake of doing so.

Darkhalen
Well um... I.. agh. hmmmm I'm going to... Sorry

Well most time I post I relate to the topic just sometimes I agree with people but I have contributed most of the time Bye

Lana
Simply saying "yeah" "okay" "I agree" and "..." isn't contributing.

Darkhalen
I only say Indeed, I agree, and, true
but I shall contribute more and stop posting random stuff is that Ok
I apologise

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by InnerRise
What's childish about this game, which you actually said in so many words.

Actually the graphics are good. They're beautiful. Comparing these graphics to something like Oblivion or any other game with completely different graphics and then saying the graphics to Eternal Sonata aren't good b/c they aren't of the realistic type like others is ridiculous.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

I said the graphics are good. I wasnt attacking the graphics in the slightest. I was replying to a different post. I pointed out that the graphics pale in comparison to rpg's that focus on realism, but stand out for the direction that was taken for this game. The graphics were obviously a chosen style.

As for the game being childish, that is my personal opinion. I find most rpg's such as wild arms, dragon quest,xenogear and star ocean to be childish. This isnt necessarily a bad thing it is just that these games tend to compromise maturity to appeal to younger demographics. With this said, i am not insisting that these games do not posses mature tones. Final fantasy suffers the same problems. There are not to many rpg's devoted entirely to a mature audience.(when i say matue, i mean adult) Of course there isnt anything wrong with this. Most of these games are made with both children and young adults in mind. It is just my opinion that the game is childish. This doesnt mean the game is any less fun, but it doesnt appeal to me.

InnerRise
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
I said the graphics are good. I wasnt attacking the graphics in the slightest. I was replying to a different post. I pointed out that the graphics pale in comparison to rpg's that focus on realism, but stand out for the direction that was taken for this game. The graphics were obviously a chosen style.

As for the game being childish, that is my personal opinion. I find most rpg's such as wild arms, dragon quest,xenogear and star ocean to be childish. This isnt necessarily a bad thing it is just that these games tend to compromise maturity to appeal to younger demographics. With this said, i am not insisting that these games do not posses mature tones. Final fantasy suffers the same problems. There are not to many rpg's devoted entirely to a mature audience.(when i say matue, i mean adult) Of course there isnt anything wrong with this. Most of these games are made with both children and young adults in mind. It is just my opinion that the game is childish. This doesnt mean the game is any less fun, but it doesnt appeal to me. And it's okay to think that. I was just curious as to why you thought it was childish. If you think it's childish just b/c of the graphics, I was going to tell you that that wasn't a good enough reason to deem this game childish.

And regarding the graphics comparison to more realistic graphics. That's the thing. There is no comparison and you can't say that these graphics pale in comparison b/c there is no comparison.

You can say you prefer a type to another and say you like realistic better than this but you can't say one is factually better than the other if they're both done equally good in their own respective fields.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by InnerRise

And regarding the graphics comparison to more realistic graphics. That's the thing. There is no comparison and you can't say that these graphics pale in comparison b/c there is no comparison.

I'm not sure that this is worth debating because we are now arguing opinion, but i dont think that is true. You can compare graphics engines. Ratchet and clank, Mario,psychonauts and other games of the type all boast outstanding and cutting edge graphics for their style. Other games such as splinter cell, REsident Evil 4, Ninja Gaiden...,etc. Possess graphics technically superior. As far as style...,that is personal choice.

I believe the graphics for eternal sonata are very good and do a great job in creating an immersive atmosphere for the artistic style that was chosen for the game. Again, i was only replying to a previous poster whom said he wasnt that impressed with the graphics. I was actually trying to defend the game. I shouldnt have worded my opinion in the way of saying that the graphics arent as good as more realistic games because you are right. There is no base of comparison considering they are two different styles

Mr.Biscuits
I've put in more than 20 hours on both Eternal Sonata and Blue Dragon.ES is just the better game.

Both games are linear from start to finish,say for 1 or 2 side missions you can do for achievements.I found that to be pretty weird when side quest have become a big part of RPGs.

I've put 20 hours in FF XII and I was still in the beginning of the game.Where as both ES and BD you'll be almost at the end.
The only way I see anyone put more than 30 hours in any of these games is to get every single achievement,level up,etc.
Leveling up in Sonata is actually pretty fun cause of the combat system where as BD it's just boring.

Sonata does require you to play through the game again for extra items and achievements and possibly an alternate ending...
I doubt I'll ever get through the game again....srug

Schecter
just beat it. apart from a decent battle engine, the story is idiotic and makes no sense, particularly the ending...all 45 ****ing minutes of it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.