Season 7 Episode 7/8 "BLUE"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

~JP~
One-time Supergirl Helen Slater returns for her second appearance as Lara in this episode. Blue kryptonite is supposed to be featured in this epi as well.

thnx to k-site & twop

Arachnid1
Originally posted by ~JP~
One-time Supergirl Helen Slater returns for her second appearance as Lara in this episode. Blue kryptonite is supposed to be featured in this epi as well.

thnx to k-site & twop

What does blue do? And whats the show going to do with 2 supergirls?

Thanks JP!

Kal-El_08
Blue Kryptonite is a "weakness" of Bizarro who is supposed to return this season. Blue Kryptonite actually turned him smart as opposed to being a real weakness, which is why he hated Blue K.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Kal-El_08
Blue Kryptonite is a "weakness" of Bizarro who is supposed to return this season. Blue Kryptonite actually turned him smart as opposed to being a real weakness, which is why he hated Blue K.

Oh. Alright. Thats cool then. We may get to see the bizarrow who walks weird now!

Kal-El_08
I really want them to stick with the smart Bizarro but his face should be permanently distorted when he returns.

sapphiremouse
Originally posted by Arachnid1
What does blue do? And whats the show going to do with 2 supergirls?

Thanks JP! helen slater plays Kara's, Aunt Lara. Which would be Clarks real mother. If that's true... but there isnt 2 supergirls in smallville. Helen too old.... Happy Dance

~JP~

Entity
Yea they're totally setting up Kara for her show and you know its totally gonna fail.
If they actually go threw with making it I give it 2 seasons tops. And it'll be absolutely nothing but a Smallville knock off.

I also wanna know why the ring only effected Clark? Why didn't it have any effects on Lara, Kara, or Zor-El when they were near it? Kinda pissed me off that Zor-El was able to just throw Clark around without being effected by it while Clark was basically human.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Watching the episode right now.

Badabing
I liked the episode. It seems like every week they're setting up for some major events to unfold.

The series is a lot darker this year.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Finished the episode. Very good show...Also..Grant Gabriel is actually Lex's brother Julian

Amazon
Yah I saw that spoiler. I was pretty surprised. Ok so... Lex was born, then he had a little brother named Julian that was killed by his mother in a fit of temporary insanity. Then Lionel slept with his maid or something like that and had another son. But Lionel took him away from his mother and put him up for adoption and now we find out that Julian was never killed and that Lionel put him up for adoption as well??????? WTF If this is true then Lionel is more evil and devious that I ever thought. To actually blame his 13 year old son for the murder of Julian when he knew Julian was still alive is just plain old sick. He should be shot on sight.
I loved how intuitive Lara was in this episode. She could see right through Lana the moment they met. She seems very wise. Zor-el seems a lot like Zod. Scary.
I wonder if Lex will find Kara and get to know her while her memories are temporarily erased. hmm.
I wonder what Lana is really up to.

Entity
I also found it funny how an "Alien" was using human Christan mythology in reference to what he and Lara could be.

When Zor-El said he and Lara could be Adam and Eve to new krypton?

Actually there were a shitload of little things about this episode that didn't make since logically. Still not a bad episode otherwise thou.

FistOfThe North
The episode was cool. I liked the shocker by that Editor that's gonna bone Lois soon.

So wait, Lex has 2 brothers now? Cause I remember the other one the bad boy one. Or is it three, including his baby bro he seemingly lost..

i dunno.

~JP~
Julian aka Grant IS the baby brother he seemingly lost.

This was an excellent episode. Just sux HUGE that we now have to wait until December for another new one. sad

FistOfThe North
Really? Why cause of the strike or the holidays, or something.

o well. December's not that far off anyway. 2 weeks. Unless we're talking late Dec. Then that'll blow.

Darth Vicious
Not a bad episode but they should rename the show from Smallville to New Krypton. How many kryptonians are we gonna keep getting. I think the only thing that didnt survive was Krypton, everyone escaped. When is Beppo gonna show up?

FistOfThe North
Don't forget that Braniac supposedly shrunk and conserved the Krypton's capital city of Kandor and it's whole population from the planets' explosion.

Comicbook-wise, at least.

H. S. 6
How the hell did Clark get to the Fortress without powers?

Shadow_King
he must have went to the cave and used the key to get to the fortress of solitude or i could be wrong.

Amazon
Originally posted by Entity
I also found it funny how an "Alien" was using human Christan mythology in reference to what he and Lara could be.

When Zor-El said he and Lara could be Adam and Eve to new krypton?

Actually there were a shitload of little things about this episode that didn't make since logically. Still not a bad episode otherwise thou.

That's a very good observation.

I noticed another inconsistency. The crystal was supposed to have the DNA of Lara in it. Yet she was calling out to Clark for help. When Clark brought her back she had no recollection of it, not to mention she was brought back fully clothed and the same age that she was when she died. How did she have the memories of the real Lara? OK so maybe the calling out could be blamed on a program trick from Zor-el. The memories, age and clothing thing could be Kryptonian technology. But how did Zor-el appear right after she came back. Was he resurrected to or did he coincidentally come through a portal at the same time Clark brought back Lara? The reason I ask is because when Clark destroyed the crystal Zor-el disappeared too. Making it look like he was resurrected DNA from the crystal as well. Yet the way he was talking he made it sound like he had been on Earth for a while. If so why didn't he look up Kara sooner? Why did Kara get transported to Detroit of all places and why was her memory erased. Why did the crystal effect her at all.
On a different topic, how can that editor be Julian when Lex remembers seeing Julian dead after his mother killed him. Is this another twisted plot of Lex's or is Smallville turning into an unbelievable daytime soap opera at night time. LOL

~JP~
Originally posted by Shadow_King
went to the cave and used the key to get to the fortress of solitude

Exactly, remember when Chloe said "dont forget your book and the key" was inside it?

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by Amazon
Is this another twisted plot of Lex's or is Smallville turning into an unbelievable daytime soap opera at night time. LOL Its been like that for a while

Entity
Hey, I realised last night at work the numbers for Grant being Julian just don't work.
I mean Julian was born at least a few years after the meteor shower that brought Clark to Earth right? I remember Lex being bald and older looking than he was when he lost his hair when he found out about Julian dying.

Then how can he now be old enough to have any kinda of experience and be the editor of the Daily Planet when Clark is like only 22?

Amazon
That's why I say it's like a daytime soap opera. However he did say Lex helped him out big time. Which could mean that Lex gave him a background and set him up as editor of the daily planet. That way he can control what is published about Luthorcorp etc... Plus he can keep an eye on his little brother.
The thing that bugs me is that it pretty much makes the 3rd season obsolete... at least the episodes where Lex is dealing with the Julian issues. I mean even if he thought his brother was murdered that would be very traumatic. However Lionel was traumatized as well... why would he be traumatized if he knew the baby was still alive?? Lionel isn't that good at faking genuine sorrow.
Daytime soap opera LOL

Kryptic
Originally posted by Entity
Hey, I realised last night at work the numbers for Grant being Julian just don't work.
I mean Julian was born at least a few years after the meteor shower that brought Clark to Earth right? I remember Lex being bald and older looking than he was when he lost his hair when he found out about Julian dying.

Then how can he now be old enough to have any kinda of experience and be the editor of the Daily Planet when Clark is like only 22?

Yeah, I suspected the brother thing, but the numbers really don't make sense, unless down the line we're going to find out Lois is a cradle robber and the kids only 17 or something. I thought this whole episode was a little stupid. I think it's a little odd we never see Lara use powers, and I think the Matrix look of Zor-El was kinda of cheesy. Also, why was the eclipse supposed to be such a huge deal. Was it supposed to be permanent and kill all of the vegetation and therefore human, because that would've taken a REALLY long time. Which, granted, K-folk have, so I guess they could've waited it out. But also, why block the thing that gives you powers? That doesn't seem smart to me. A freakish weather flip out might've made more sense, especially when Kara was all juiced about Clark taking out the crystal, like it was important. The eclipse could've gone on for another hour, and I think everything would've been fine. Also, the Kryptonite falls off Zor-El and he just gets up and starts doing damage? He doesn't even have distance from the thing! He steps right next to it. Whack.

And that water molecule explanation was ridiculous, even from my pov.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.