School shootings and bad news used to promote institution

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Czarina_Czarina
Yeah, last time I stated I would never post here again, it was to see the character of a few hecklers.

So, why is this happening more frequently? For attention?

Ever since VaTech and Duke, I suspect some campuses think that bad news will give attention and more ppl thinking about that school.

Add on!!!!!!!!

Mairuzu
What...

Robtard
Originally posted by Czarina_Czarina
Yeah, last time I stated I would never post here again, it was to see the character of a few hecklers.

Ever since VaTech and Duke, I suspect some campuses think that bad news will give attention and more ppl thinking about that school.

Add on!!!!!!!!

How many times does that make now, that you've "cried wolf"?

Attention? Are you implying the schools are someone promoting students to go berserk and go on a gun rampage, so they can benifit somehow?

botankus
I think that issue is going to be on all the major schools' agenda at the 2008 Planning Meeting.

"Can we get shotgun vending machines?" asks the Dean.

Devil King
Originally posted by Robtard

I'd say it has more to do with the news channels promoting the violence, than the schools.

inimalist
Enrollment at Va Tech is up since that idiot shot some people...

And a correlation is causation

And because people are benefiting, the must have planned it

My new supposition is that Cho was hired by the university to increase enrollment by shooting students. If only I were witty enough to throw in the asian reference to that jab.

Victor Von Doom
Well, I wasn't going to go there.

Victor Von Doom
Apparently there's just been another school shooting.

lord xyz
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Apparently there's just been another school shooting. I just heard it on the news. My first reaction: What the **** is wrong, with America.

Victor Von Doom
They need more guns, so people can retaliate.

SelphieT
Eh, if peers weren't such dicks to other peers, there wouldn't be so many problems. However, thats unavoidable.

And firearms are waaaaay too easy to get here. If I really wanted one...... well scratch that, there's more than one gun in my house, and it's not even mine, so I wouldn't even have to make an effort to get one.

Quiero Mota

Add on!!!!!!!!

What the f**k? Tu no sabe nada.

It's not for attention. I've never seen an ad that said 'Duke University: We Frame Our Athletes.' Or V-Tech attempting to boost their enrollment by capitalizing on the shooting.

Bardock42
Well, was to be expected. Every day's a 50 50 chance of a school massacre in the US.

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by inimalist
Enrollment at Va Tech is up since that idiot shot some people...

And a correlation is causation

And because people are benefiting, the must have planned it

My new supposition is that Cho was hired by the university to increase enrollment by shooting students. If only I were witty enough to throw in the asian reference to that jab.

No, it's the idea that negative news is better then no news at all, and out of sympathy, ppl will hold that instituation in the forefront of their mind.

Victor Von Doom
Right, so they paid a student to kill other students to get more enrolments?

Zeal Ex Nihilo
i won't post here anymore neither. nor will i come back and visit.

i'm tired. there's inner fighting within yourself, there's the battles you have to face within the world, and now this.

good-bye.

i'm tired. there's inner fighting within yourself, there's the battles you have to face within the world, and now this.

good-bye.

good-bye.

good-bye.

good-bye.

good-bye.

good-bye.

good-bye.

good-bye.

Devil King
I think 4 times woud have been enough.

Zeal Ex Nihilo
For anyone but her, I would agree.

Victor Von Doom
Hitler?

Zeal Ex Nihilo
50hitlerpost.

Schecter
so we got a 2 day break. i thought she would be gone for at least 4....i had hoped.

wait...we're not supposed to talk about the elephant in the kitchen.

don't shiv
Newspapers/Networks like a good crisis coz it gets peoples attention
the more people watching reading the more the coverage for the advertisers and sponsers whose money pays the networks/newspapers salaries pension plans travel expenses overheads etc...

News sells bad news good news whatever.
A story with strong human interest gets lots of air play and attention from everyone. From the Govenor from the Mayor The Fire Marshal

When companies publish end of year accounts in the Big Journals much paragraph space is given to explaining how freak winds and hurricanes depressed the utilities market "boo hoo hoo" which means less paragraph space for explaining how faliure and negligence in strategic planning at board levell led to a downturn in profits of 30% which lead to less dividend for shareholders

Stories such as Cleveland act as a diversion for a lotta people in danger of coming under the front page spotlight themselves. So this story will endure.

Victor Von Doom
Now how do we relate all that to the initial post?

Schecter
is it even possible to do that? i mean, barring the typical "um...WHAT?"

BackFire
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Apparently there's just been another school shooting.

Girls in High School need to give more head to their classmates. Can't shoot up a school while you're being blown. Unless they're really, really talented.

Schecter
Originally posted by BackFire
Girls in High School need to give more head to their classmates. Can't shoot up a school while you're being blown. Unless they're really, really talented.

i can shoot up a school while blowing you

BackFire
Show me.

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by Zeal Ex Nihilo
50hitlerpost.

you have 50 hitler posters? why?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.