What do you think was the worst retcon ever?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Akuki
Just like the title says, which retcon did you dislike the most and why.

Harry Fingerman
She-Hulk not tapping Jugg's ass?

Akuki
For me personally it was the recent Beyonder retcon in Illuminati.

masterbruce
Wolverine being the right hand of god.

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by masterbruce
Wolverine being the right hand of god. *waits for Jinzin/Capt pwnage soon to insue*

Martian_mind

Meh,just hold it as ammo in Toaa debates.

Just shows how sh*t Marvels god is if his right hand is a smelly,hairy Canadian midget with Toothpicks in his forearms.

Endless Mike
Darkseid created Eclipso

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Darkseid created Eclipso

What? When did this happen?

guy222
Originally posted by Akuki
For me personally it was the recent Beyonder retcon in Illuminati.

agreed

Akuki
Originally posted by King_Mungi
It was stated in Countdown, I don't remember the exact week though.

Martian_mind
It was said in Countdown to Mystery #1.

However in her origin which came out in Countdown,She is still made by God,but the gem was made on Apokolips.

Thats where DS pulled that bit of BS from methinks.

Rufus T Firefly
Superman one, turning the world backwards, Superman 2, kissing lois...so she'd forget...

Good Retcons, burning every copyof X-men 3, so that, that is retconned...

Battlehammer
that was not a retconned you idiot. But of course some one who has never read a full issue of wolverine would say this.

masterbruce
Originally posted by Battlehammer
that was not a retconned you idiot. But of course some one who has never read a full issue of wolverine would say this. so you're telling me, Wolverine was always the friggin hand of god!!! Gimme a break, battlethimble, even a hardcore fan like you has to find it a bit ridiculous that god's right hand is a hairy, canadian runt.

Battlehammer
so you're telling me, Wolverine was always the friggin hand of god!!! Gimme a break, battlethimble, even a hardcore fan like you has to find it a bit ridiculous that god's right hand is a hairy, canadian runt.
your an idiot

a retconned is some thing like wolverine being unable to cut hulk then later it beeing retconned making him able too.

Logan being the hand of god was not a retconned because nothign was changed. They simply told us of Logans past. It was also back during his 20 issue

but of course you would think ti a retconed becuase you don't read wolverine and found out about it with out knowing when this transpired.

masterbruce
retconned or not, it is absolutely ridiculous that Logan is God's right hand

Battlehammer
retconned or not, it is absolutely ridiculous that Logan is God's right hand
think what you want I don't care.

It not a retconned and does not belong in this thread.

you wonder why no one takes you serously and it becuase of shit like this when you state things incorrectly and simply talk out your ass.

Now go away that comment does not belong here take it some were else.

proving furthermore why your consider "wolverine hater"

masterbruce

proving furthermore why your consider "wolverine hater" oh yes, I'm a Wolverine hater because I don't think he should be god's right hand. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Battlehammer
oh yes, I'm a Wolverine hater because I don't think he should be god's right hand. roll eyes (sarcastic)
no your one becuase you braught him up in this thread as the worst retconned even though it was not a retconned and did nto belong in this thread. You jabb at his character when ever possiable and you always end up looking foolsih

emporerpants
just when i thought that marvel had reached the peak of its wolverine stroking, they go and do this. whats next, will wolverine be revealed to be the second coming of Christ? will wolverine become the human incarnation of the anti-life equation (yes i know the anti-life equation is from dc)? will the beyonder be retconed into actually having been wolverine in disguise? will the next wolverine comic feature him riding battlecat atop optimus prime, his claws popped, with mjolnir in one outstreched hand and captain america's shield in the other, all while wearing supermans cape and wonder womans tiara and shooting optic blasts from his eyes, banshee's scream from his mouth, and calling down lighting? God i hate wolverine these days.

Battlehammer
...............does any one here read wolverine at all? for god sakes it been in his character for liek 20 years it not something new..........just stop talking becuase you clearly have no idea what yoru talking about

emporerpants
i don't know what i'm talking about because i don't like the way his character is heading? maybe you should learn to spell before you tell me what to stop talking about.

lando005
i'm more concerned with the fact that he's chosen a killer to be his right hand from a religious stand point that just dont seem right

emporerpants
indeed

Battlehammer
Originally posted by emporerpants
i don't know what i'm talking about because i don't like the way his character is heading? maybe you should learn to spell before you tell me what to stop talking about.

........yes you have no idea what your talking about.

The right hand of god is not a new thing it beena round since his character evolution.

Your makign a fuss as if it is something new and they added this..........when it fact it been around for a very long time.........

why am I always debate by people who don't read wolverine.........

masterbruce
........yes you have no idea what your talking about.

The right hand of god is not a new thing it beena round since his character evolution.

Your makign a fuss as if it is something new and they added this..........when it fact it been around for a very long time.........

why am I always debate by people who don't read wolverine......... do you realize how powerful the right hand of god is? This puts Wolverine perhaps above TOAA...does that not bother you at all?

Battlehammer
do you realize how powerful the right hand of god is? This puts Wolverine perhaps above TOAA...does that not bother you at all?
who said they were powerful? no one. It the marvel universe not you who dictates there power.

emporerpants
i don't care how new it is to you, its new to me right now. am i not allowed to have an opinion on something because i didn't know about it for awhile? you just don't like that fact that i'm being outspoken against wolverine. i heard something new about wolverine and i don't like it. i have a right to express my opinion on it whether you like it or not. deal with it.

Battlehammer
i don't care how new it is to you, its new to me right now. am i not allowed to have an opinion on something because i didn't know about it for awhile? you just don't like that fact that i'm being outspoken against wolverine. i heard something new about wolverine and i don't like it. i have a right to express my opinion on it whether you like it or not. deal with it.

You said I hate they way there takign wolverines character..........because of an event that took palce 20 years ago..........yup that makes senses.

I really don't care. You really do have great or even decent knowledge of his character so it pointless debating you.

You go a long saying all you like about him be as out spoken as you like. Hell take it to the verse forum as well.

emporerpants
do even bother to check your grammar and spelling dude? seriously. also, i said that i don't like the way they are taking the character before i knew the event happened 20 years ago, obviously. what doesn't make sense is the fact that you didn't realize that. honestly, its hard to understand what you're trying to say when your typing is so crappy, but you know what the worst part is? even after you decipher is, its STILL full of crap.

Battlehammer
do even bother to check your grammar and spelling dude? seriously. also, i said that i don't like the way they are taking the character before i knew the event happened 20 years ago, obviously. what doesn't make sense is the fact that you didn't realize that. honestly, its hard to understand what you're trying to say when your typing is so crappy, but you know what the worst part is? even after you decipher is, its STILL full of crap.
good for you .

does not change the fact............you have terriable knowledge on wolverine........making your oppinion well not that important.

emporerpants
and that doesn't change the fact that i can voice my opinion just as much as you can, and you have no right to rag on me just because i don't like your spank bank material.

Battlehammer
lol fine have your opion and my opion is you should never be allowed to vioce an opion on matter you have little to no knowledge about

lando005
do you realize how powerful the right hand of god is? This puts Wolverine perhaps above TOAA...does that not bother you at all? it has nothing to do with power, it's just a title

grey fox
...............does any one here read wolverine at all? for god sakes it been in his character for liek 20 years it not something new..........just stop talking becuase you clearly have no idea what yoru talking about

Oh we read Wolverine. Just not the same Wolverine YOU read.

Now get the hell out of the thread, your ruining it.

emporerpants
and you shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a keyboard as you have no idea how to type a clear sentence. its also my opinion that its a good thing you're not in charge of anything, seeing as how you wouldn't let anyone voice an opinion on anything unless they wank off to the subject material.

Tron
People, please don't give me a reason to close this thread.

Hyperion 07
your an idiot

a retconned is some thing like wolverine being unable to cut hulk then later it beeing retconned making him able too.

Logan being the hand of god was not a retconned because nothign was changed. They simply told us of Logans past. It was also back during his 20 issue

but of course you would think ti a retconed becuase you don't read wolverine and found out about it with out knowing when this transpired.

Him not being immortal (Sort of) is a retcon.

Early issues showed him nearly dieing. Seeing as it wasn't established before and it wasn't thought of in the beginning then thats a retcon.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Hyperion 07
Him not being immortal (Sort of) is a retcon.

Early issues showed him nearly dieing. Seeing as it wasn't established before and it wasn't thought of in the beginning then thats a retcon.

we werent discussing the immortal thing.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by grey fox
Oh we read Wolverine. Just not the same Wolverine YOU read.

Now get the hell out of the thread, your ruining it.

so you read ultimate?

not my fault. I merely stated that bruce was wrong then things spiralled out of controll.

worse retconn would be.........hmmm no idea

Hyperion 07
we werent discussing the immortal thing. I know. I was just saying.

How has it been going on for 20 year? Proof man proof. (Not immortal thing)

BTW the immortal bit is shit.

Priest
Apoc able to pawn a table is a bad retcon.

Bad Ash231
Originally posted by Priest
Apoc able to pawn a table is a bad retcon.

Why? ninja

masterbruce
Originally posted by Bad Ash231
Why? ninja because he was never able to do it, even when he was the powerful classic version....yet he did it when he was a much weaker, dracular fighting version? doesn't quite make any sense

Bad Ash231
because he was never able to do it

Doing what?

Galan007
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Darkseid created Eclipso
Originally posted by King_Mungi
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_ds_eclipso1.jpg http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_ds_eclipso2.jpg http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_ds_eclipso3.jpg

masterbruce
Doing what? besting a hardwood table in melee combat

Bad Ash231
besting a hardwood table

That was an Apocalypse robot.

Anyone thinking Apocalypse would be harmed by the pressures underwater should realize that his lesser servant, Assassin, was not, and Apocalypse has taken far worse. Not to mention that he shown to have been underwater just fine....

manjaro
th wolverine thing is not a retcon its back story...after he go t his true memories back on M-day writers have had free reign to fill in any story they wanted...wolverine is about 200 yrs after all, lots of stuff could have and obviously have happened.... and no he is not god's right hand no where was that even mentioned all that happens his when he dies, his soul battles the angel of death, and is he defeats him he gets to come back...so the retcon in that part is all these years it wasnt his plain ol healing factor bring him back but he's effectively been getting a new body everytime....which would explain why he has been able to survive nuclear incineration at ground zero, and crawling out of vats of molten steel

another note......im willing to give the inhuman beyonder a chance...seeing as how he hasnt done anything yet....worst retcon for me would have to be the she hulk thing....in fact that issue effectively retcons alot of stuff really. becuase what they are saying is all this time when our fave heroes/villains have been jobbing, or performing out of character its just been thier counterparts from another Earth here on vacation...which is lame

masterbruce

Anyone thinking Apocalypse would be harmed by the pressures underwater should realize that his lesser servant, Assassin, was not, and Apocalypse has taken far worse. Not to mention that he shown to have been underwater just fine.... who said anything about water pressure? confused

Big Sexy
The Parrallax worm was bad but I can deal with it but retconning the killing joke sad

Entity
just when i thought that marvel had reached the peak of its wolverine stroking, they go and do this. whats next, will wolverine be revealed to be the second coming of Christ? will wolverine become the human incarnation of the anti-life equation (yes i know the anti-life equation is from dc)? will the beyonder be retconed into actually having been wolverine in disguise? will the next wolverine comic feature him riding battlecat atop optimus prime, his claws popped, with mjolnir in one outstreched hand and captain america's shield in the other, all while wearing supermans cape and wonder womans tiara and shooting optic blasts from his eyes, banshee's scream from his mouth, and calling down lighting? God i hate wolverine these days. Funny, hasn't Superman actually done all that and then some? Well except the claws. That would just be silly. roll eyes (sarcastic)

While I agree that Wolverine is overrated beyond belief and he's Marvel's numero uno cock stroke I really like the character still. I just hate all the unbelievable bullshit they write for him. It really deminishes the character's true value IMO.

Its like Supes, look at what giving him literally EVERYTHING!!! has done for him. There's absolutely really no point to the character except to make money off his image. That's it! His stories have no interest or value now because he can't lose! So whats the point? confused

masterbruce
pretty much all heroes can't lose...ultimately

Entity
pretty much all heroes can't lose...ultimately I know what your saying but I mean he really can't lose at all. While some heroes lose allot. Not just the battles but their inner demons, personal problems. Sometimes, thou admittedly being very few, they do lose the fight. Hell Spiderman has lost allot of fights. Just as Batman has lost a few. When does Superman ever lose anything?

Which reminds me,

SINS PAST!

WORST RETCON EVER!!! mad

Bad Ash231
who said anything about water pressure? confused

Namor was aiming for the glass behind Apocalypse...

Hyperion 07
Namor was aiming for the glass behind Apocalypse... ???

Fact: Namor through a table at Apoc. Apoc feared the table and dodges. No ways about it. He fears the table because it has teh legzz!!11

Bad Ash231
???

Have you actually read the issue?

Hyperion 07
Have you actually read the issue? Yes. He fears teh legz!!11

Bad Ash231
Yes. He fears teh legz!!11

Nah, it wasn't him.

Hyperion 07
It was.....Teh legz, teh legz.

Bad Ash231
It was.....Teh legz, teh legz.

No.

The Namor issue took place during the same time as the X-Cutioner's Song....

Hyperion 07

No.

The Namor issue took place during the same time as the X-Cutioner's Song.... Lies!!!

lordboo
beyonder, its, a disgraceful retcon

Hyperion 07
Originally posted by lordboo
beyonder, its, a disgraceful retcon Whats the retcon?

grey fox
Whats the retcon?

From....

A. Godlike entity which no one can entirely understand

B. Cube being whom was being strung along by the celestials in a cosmically large game.

C. A female version of the above

D. A mutant Inhuman.

I have a personal theory that after the original Secret Wars he mindwiped himself and is subconsciously causing these retcons to happen to keep his life 'intresting'.

Galan007
Originally posted by lordboo
beyonder, its, a disgraceful retcon That's because Beyonder is a ridiculous character. srsly

grey fox
Originally posted by Galan007
That's because Beyonder is a ridiculous character. srsly

Not really. If used correctly he could be great. It's just no one is entirely sure how to portray someone of such power.

Galan007
Originally posted by grey fox
Not really. If used correctly he could be great. It's just no one is entirely sure how to portray someone of such power. How Beyonder was portrayed in SW I was perfect for a character like him, ..

SW II, and the retcons that followed, just mucked all that up for me.

Hyperion 07
Ah. I never read Secret Wars. Got bored half way through.

Galan007
Ah. I never read Secret Wars. Got bored half way through. huh

The original Secret Wars was, imo, one of the best reads to date.

Hyperion 07
Originally posted by Galan007
huh

The original Secret Wars was, imo, one of the best reads to date.

What? Everyone has different tastes. I just didn't happen to like Marvel back then. I tried reading what I missed recently and it bored be shitless.

Mr Master
According to Marvel.com, (who spoiled the surprise)
the Beyonder isn't an Inhuman-Mutant.

The Beyonder actually manipulated X's mind along with the rest of the pack,
into thinking and believing he was an Inhuman-Mutant.

In the next arc Beyonder appears in, we'll find this out, and the reasons behind it.

I guess this is why in the New Updated bios of late-summer 2007,
the Beyonder is still a Cube Being:

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/2061/shmg0.th.jpg
(excerpt from the official Marvel handbook Update - 2007)

Beyonder's last and only official Historical retcon was when he became a Cube being.
(I also thought he went through other retcons,
but in fact,
only his powerset has fluxuated in the retcon business)

grey fox
Originally posted by Mr Master
According to Marvel.com, (who spoiled the surprise)
the Beyonder isn't an Inhuman-Mutant.

The Beyonder actually manipulated X's mind along with the rest of the pack,
into thinking and believing he was an Inhuman-Mutant.

In the next arc Beyonder appears in, we'll find this out, and the reasons behind it.

I guess this is why in the New Updated bios of late-summer 2007,
the Beyonder is still a Cube Being:

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/2061/shmg0.th.jpg
(excerpt from the official Marvel handbook Update - 2007)

Beyonder's last and only official Historical retcon was when he became a Cube being.
(I also thought he went through other retcons,
but in fact,
only his powerset has fluxuated in the retcon business)

I KNEW it !!!!

W00t

Morridini
Um, speaking of the Beyonder. What's the Molecule Man up to now?

Creshosk
Originally posted by Emperor Pants
Seriously, do you even bother to check your grammar and spelling, dude? Also, I obviously said that I don't like the way they are taking the character before I knew the event happened 20 years ago. What doesn't make sense is the fact that you didn't realize that. Honestly, it's hard to understand what you're trying to say when your typing is so crappy, but you know what the worst part is? Even after you decipher it, it's STILL full of crap. I fixed some of the hypocrite's spelling and grammar.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Creshosk
I fixed some of the hypocrite's spelling and grammar.

Terrible terrible retcon.

JasonK4
lol

emporerpants
awww, thanks for showing how much you care creshosk!

llagrok
The JLA messing up Dr.Light was a bad one, and good sort of.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.