Captain America with a GUN?!?!?!?!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=132577

no expression

JasonK4
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

no expression
no expression

DigiMark007
Rock.

It's about damn time they jumped the shark with Cap. I hope he goes insane and becomes a villian.

Hyperion 07
His suit looks crap.

He might be like Ult. Cap.

Galan007

no expression
Meh, that's really no worse then Superman with a gun:

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/8747/supesgunkm8.th.jpg

On a sidenote,

I really like Cap's new suit design. thumb up

WrathfulDwarf
What's with the pseudo-Batman utility belt?

chithappens
... You have got to be kidding me.

Validus
Gun doesn't bother me. I never knew why he would have a problem icing someone anyway.

The metallic finish on the suit looks lame though.

chithappens
Originally posted by Galan007
Meh, that's really no worse then Superman with a gun:

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/8747/supesgunkm8.th.jpg

On a sidenote,

I really like Cap's new suit design. thumb up

Does it have kryptonite in it?

Soljer
Originally posted by Validus
Gun doesn't bother me. I never knew why he would have a problem icing someone anyway.

The metallic finish on the suit looks lame though.

"Looking for more on the outfit and where it came from - and why it's shiny? Check back at Newsarama tomorrow at 10:00 am EST for an in-depth interview with both Ed Brubaker and Alex Ross."

My guess?

Iron Man can't keep his hands off.

masterbruce
Originally posted by Soljer
"Looking for more on the outfit and where it came from - and why it's shiny? Check back at Newsarama tomorrow at 10:00 am EST for an in-depth interview with both Ed Brubaker and Alex Ross."

My guess?

Iron Man can't keep his hands off. if IM had something to do with it, Cap wouldn't be using a pistol

Soljer
And exactly why not?

Winter Soldier/Iron Man confrontation.

Iron Man beats the snot out of him, "It's not the way steve would want it..." blah blah blah "He would have wanted you to have this." *Iron Man gives bucky new 'Iron-Cap' armor he's been working on.*

Voila. And Bucky would most certainly use a gun.

JasonK4
Originally posted by masterbruce
if IM had something to do with it, Cap wouldn't be using a pistol
Not really, remember when he gave Spiderman the iron costume, but refuse to add rocket boots.

ermmnone

Citizen V
Yay.

I have faith in Brubaker, I'll wait until this actually comes out before complaining, but I have to say; some of that artwork kicks ass, agreed with Val about the metallic sheen = poop, though.

masterbruce
the metallic sheen is def not just cosmetic imo...it prob improves durability greatly to the most vulnerable area

Soljer
Originally posted by Citizen V
Yay.

I have faith in Brubaker, I'll wait until this actually comes out before complaining, but I have to say; some of that artwork kicks ass, agreed with Val about the metallic sheen = poop, though.

I agree it looks bad.

Still going with my Iron-Cap assumption, though.

masterbruce
his abs look really weird
http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/CapAmerica/EptingCpa34.jpg

Galan007
I'm guessing his suit = body armor of some type -- Hence the reason for the morphed abs. smile

Soljer
Indeed. Those aren't abs.

endrict
Like the one guy says "Captain Chrome".

endrict
His abs look like

w
w
w

DARKLORDCAEDUS

no expression

I like this version of Cap with the exception of the gun. Is this Frank Castle??

endrict
Won't know until Jan.

endrict
I hope they don't make Cap in the movie use a gun.

Soljer
Originally posted by endrict
I hope they don't make Cap in the movie use a gun.

I haven't really been following it, but it seems that most of Marvel's movies are based off of the Ultimate Universe. If that's the case, it's not unlikely that he will.

grey fox
That is SO bad-ass.

About damn time Cap got a fire-arm , the mans part of the Military (or at least represents it) and runs around with just a shield ? Gives more of a 'Naked Snake' feel to him as well.

Costume looks awesome , i likes teh shiny ! Seriously though , it's just artistic merit. Look at the JSA covers.

Black Adam
What's with the pseudo-Batman utility belt?

I'm pretty sure soldiers where carrying their gear like that long before batman ever did..

willRules
I don't mind the utility belt and the gun looks cool, but the costume doesn't look very good, it looks far too clunky and cumbersome sad

grey fox
Originally posted by willRules
I don't mind the utility belt and the gun looks cool, but the costume doesn't look very good, it looks far too clunky and cumbersome sad

laughing

Cap was running around in goddamn tights with shorts and chainmail as well as a mask and you say that looks 'too clunky'

Lolz

Darth Vicious
With the exception of the shininess I like the costume. The gun has to go but because of it I think that is Winter Soldier under the mask.

SnazzySmurph
I haven't been following Cap lately, but I do remember there was speculation about bigwigs in the MU looking for a soldier out there who could serve as a "new" Cap.

I might like it if it's somebody new entirely, and not Winter Soldier/Punisher/etc.

willRules
Originally posted by grey fox
laughing

Cap was running around in goddamn tights with shorts and chainmail as well as a mask and you say that looks 'too clunky'

Lolz

laughing Good point.

Still I think that this costume appears to be much clunkier than the previous yes

willRules
Originally posted by SnazzySmurph
I haven't been following Cap lately, but I do remember there was speculation about bigwigs in the MU looking for a soldier out there who could serve as a "new" Cap.

I might like it if it's somebody new entirely, and not Winter Soldier/Punisher/etc.

There is a blond haired SHIELD agent who has appeared in a lot of Cap issues recently who even asked Stark to be Cap.......

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Let me throw this out...this Cap is really a very much alive Steve Rogers?

Doctor-Alvis
He looks awkward with that gun. I can imagine him saying in Zoidberg's voice "Pow pow! No, world! You put YOUR hands up!"

jumpmann
He doesn't need a gun.

He should just carry around a metallic dildo. Effective weapon and takes the enemy by surprise.

nvrbeenwthagirl

no expression

It's so distasteful. It doesn't honor the memory of the first cap at all and doesn't honor the character in the least. It would be like if Wonder Woman got heat vision or Spiderman could fly. Just all WRONG.

Validus
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
Let me throw this out...this Cap is really a very much alive Steve Rogers?
It's not Rogers. They're saving his return for Captain America #50.

Rufus T Firefly

it goes against the golden age of comics no expression

Validus
Originally posted by Rufus T Firefly
it goes against the golden age of comics no expression
So?

Rufus T Firefly
So?

Certain characters from the golden age of comics, have unwritten codes that should eternally be followed...

Kurash
i dont think he looks bad at all, hes sheen is a bit to much in his large picture but if they tone that down a bit hell look pretty good

Magee
He is Captain America if any thing I would expect him to have several guns and a nuke on stand by in every situation.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by masterbruce
his abs look really weird
http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/CapAmerica/EptingCpa34.jpg

Much better picture of the suit.

Black Adam
Certain characters from the golden age of comics, have unwritten codes that should eternally be followed...

Get out.

marvelprince
Don't mind it. Think they could have used more colour though. Use the same colour scheme and design for the boots and it really would have set off the costume imo.

Daredevil1
This is Captain America but is probably Bucky and not Steve Rogers. Which makes much sense seeing new gear.

Bucky does love using guns and other type of military equipment. Steve we've seen him use guns before but was not standard gear for him. Makes sense since he was enhanced and was one of the most gifted combatants on earth.

Bucky although has a Super bionic arm, isn't quite as skilled or as enhanced as Cap. So what he lacks in power/skill makes up for it with weapons/armor. Bucks skilled don't get me wrong but he's no A-list martial artist like Daredevil and Steve Rogers.

endrict

GET THE FUK OUTTA HERE JUDGE!!!!!

willRules
Meh, I love Brubaker's run on Cap so far but don't see what the fuss is, Marvel is really trying to get everyone hyped up about an upcoming storyline we don't know enough about yet and so all I can say is..........................

IT'S NOT TRUE!!!!! HE'S CLEARLY A SKRULL I TELL YOU!!!! IT'S THEIR PLAN FOR A.....

SECRET INVASION
Coming summer 2008

endrict
Originally posted by Daredevil1
This is Captain America but is probably Bucky and not Steve Rogers. Which makes much sense seeing new gear.

Bucky does love using guns and other type of military equipment. Steve we've seen him use guns before but was not standard gear for him. Makes sense since he was enhanced and was one of the most gifted combatants on earth.

Bucky although has a Super bionic arm, isn't quite as skilled or as enhanced as Cap. So what he lacks in power/skill makes up for it with weapons/armor. Bucks skilled don't get me wrong but he's no A-list martial artist like Daredevil and Steve Rogers.

NRAMA: Speaking of the new Cap's identity, guesses and speculation are running fast and furious – there’s the “it’s Bucky” camp, and then there’s another field of candidates, some of which even take into consideration that the Marvel Universe is a place where image inducers are nearly everyday tech…so – not even a hint

EB: Nope - not even a hint. Will it shock people? Will it be someone no one is expecting or someone they hope it will be? I cannot say. But I think who is under it will only be as interesting as what they do while they wear the costume.

It's not Bucky.

willRules
Maybe it's MVP from the initiative erm

Citizen V
Originally posted by willRules
Maybe it's MVP from the initiative erm

I don't think so.

willRules
Neither do I yes

ColbertNation
Wait, didn't the good Captain carry a gun before? It was on the cover of an issue, I think. Had him opening fire on somebody.....

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Daredevil1

actaully bucky is supose to be more talented then even capt in terms of fighting skill.

He actaully supose to be capts equal if nor superior in raw skill.

Soljer
Originally posted by Battlehammer
actaully bucky is supose to be more talented then even capt in terms of fighting skill.

He actaully supose to be capts equal if nor superior in raw skill.

Nah.

He has more natural talent than Cap, but having a higher IQ than einstein doesn't mean you've mastered special relativity.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Soljer
Nah.

He has more natural talent than Cap, but having a higher IQ than einstein doesn't mean you've mastered special relativity.

He has far more natural talent. He was trained by the same people as capt.

He should be capts equal of course, but feat wise he not so he isent.

WrathfulDwarf
That's because Capt. is juiced.

Accel
We need to get Bucky on the roids stat!

Wally West
Not like the outfit. Don't mind the gun though, hes a soldier after all, sure hes carried a gun before, way, way back, or maybe I'm imagining it.

Soljer
Originally posted by Wally West
Not like the outfit. Don't mind the gun though, hes a soldier after all, sure hes carried a gun before, way, way back, or maybe I'm imagining it.

Don't remember him ever carrying one, though he has used one a few times.

Daredevil1
Originally posted by Battlehammer
He has far more natural talent. He was trained by the same people as capt.

He should be capts equal of course, but feat wise he not so he isent.

Having the same instructors doesn't always mean equal skill. But you are right Buck is a gifted fighter. Will see how he uses that superhuman arm, he looked very impressive against Crossbones who is lethal.

The Cap'n
Captan America with a gun? What's next? Wolverine stops appearing in every damn Marvel title?

JasonK4
Originally posted by The Cap'n
Captan America with a gun? What's next? Wolverine stops appearing in every damn Marvel title?
Perhaps.

tjcoady
Whoever said that Cap with a gun is an insult to the Golden Age of comics is dead wrong... Cap definitely carried a gun in his original, WW2 appearances.

he used it all the time, with the exception of when he decided to just punch Hitler in the face.

If you actually read those golden age cap stories, he kills about a platoon of Nazis in every panel

Grimm22
I doubt it's Bucky erm

It's probobly Cap's lost long son from the Himalaya's or something stupid like that shifty

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Grimm22
I doubt it's Bucky erm

It's probobly Cap's lost long son from the Himalaya's or something stupid like that shifty

Shhh. You'll make Grant Morrison want to give Cap's story another Damien. leftright

jinzin
I kinda like the suit. Considering that it's not actually Rogers wearing the thing I'm surprisingly okay with the costume change....
The only thing that bugs me a little is the black color scheme.. They should have used another color like dark red, or cool greed; Solid black makes him look a LOT like a redux of U.S. Agent...
Should be interesting to see what this is all about... I'm hoping it's bucky.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.