School bans Halloween and Christmas!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ADarksideJedi
Ok according t o the news.I think this is in cleveland ohio or some state.Parents are getting mad becaue the school is not letting kids celebrate or dress up for Halloween but instead can celebrate a muslim celebration.
I forget the name.Anyone find this horrible?THis is the states not India or whatever why does this school ban this?I cna understand Christmas but not halloween?Anyone argee or disargee with this?jm

Symmetric Chaos
Halloween is evil and promotes devil worship smile

More likely there is a huge Islamic population or this is an extreme PC reaction thing.

Alpha Centauri
Halloween isn't even a big deal over here, which is kind of sad because I always thought it was a potentially fun idea.

Over here kids buy cheap masks, put no effort in and just go around with trash bags asking for candy.

-AC

debbiejo
Halloween is fun!

I'm going to a bunch of scary houses next week!!

eek------->>> ghost2ghost2ghost2

botankus
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
Ok according t o the news.I think this is in cleveland ohio or some state.Parents are getting mad becaue the school is not letting kids celebrate or dress up for Halloween but instead can celebrate a muslim celebration.
I forget the name.Anyone find this horrible?THis is the states not India or whatever why does this school ban this?I cna understand Christmas but not halloween?Anyone argee or disargee with this?jm

Jackie, you made a thread on this topic last year. Don't ask how I remember, but I somehow do. Just bump that one and we can...eh, to hell with it.

Zeal Ex Nihilo
As much as I hate replying to a Jackie-topic in seriousness, my former elementary school has done away with Halloween and now has a "Fall Festival" or some crap. It didn't bother me, but one of the moms got all pissy and invited kids over to her house for a party.

I really didn't care, as I find costumes to be annoying.

Czarina_Czarina
what is the sugar industry going to do now? oh, that's right, they'll displace any lose into the beauty industry (skin care), so now, we have skin care products with sugar granites (used to exfoliate the skin, but the skin is porous ,and ppl can develop diabetes of the skin, and rashes, yeast, and fungus due to the sugar if it's not rinsed off good enough, plus, that stuff can go straight to the blood stream).

i got in trouble many years ago (about 6 years ago), b/c i didn't support lower taxes on a sugar company, they were aggressively seeking support, esp. via the christian community, to have lower or no tax at all. i mean, sugar is in just about most processed foods and now, in cosmetics, what do they want from ppl, they are making billions off of a substance that can cause diabetes and they aren't getting sued for it, and when ppl have diabetes, most of these ppl dying are americans, (minorities -african americans, hispanics, etc.) having diabetes in their youth. and color or culture isn't the issue, the issue is the idea of it all, i mean, sugar from the cane, how much money does it take to extract it? it's a total cash cow. i am not sure if they want the discount to purchase a nicer jet or 10 more airplanes and they don't want to support the tax system even though they are filthy rich. i told them no, and they started bothering me, poor me, a little woman with barely any income (esp compared to the money that they have coming, putting that sugar into every mfg food product they can weasel into, all awhile, children, american children are slowly developing sickness b/c of it). they can keep halloween and x-mas, that's just a sugar mfg holiday, same with valentines and Easter, it's all about sugar. and imo, their response is like "who gives a **** about ppl dying, kids having to be on medication for life?". i know anyone can develop diabetes w/o overconsumption of sugar, but sugar is catalyst. i wonder if the sugar industry is also into pharmaceuticals. assholes (curse word is for the children suffering b/c of the sugar industry).

Fishy
Originally posted by Czarina_Czarina
what is the sugar industry going to do now? oh, that's right, they'll displace any lose into the beauty industry (skin care), so now, we have skin care products with sugar granites (used to exfoliate the skin, but the skin is pores ,and ppl can develop diabetes of the skin, and rashes, yeast, and fungus due to the sugar if it's not rinsed off good enough, plus, that stuff can go straight to the blood stream)

i got in trouble many years ago, b/c i didn't support lower taxes on a sugar company, they were aggressively seeking support, esp. via the christian community, to have lower or no tax at all. i mean, sugar is in just about most processed foods and now, in cosmetics, what do they want from ppl, they are making billions off of a substance that can cause diabetes and they aren't getting sued for it, and when ppl have diabetes, most of these ppl dying are americans, (minorities -african americans, hispanics, etc.) having diabetes in their youth. and color or culture isn't the issue, the issue is the idea of it all, i mean, sugar from the cane, how much money does it take to extract it, it's a total cash cow. i am not sure if they want the discount to purchase a nicer jet or 10 more airplanes and they don't want to support the tax system even though they are filthy rich. i told them no, and they started bothering me, poor me, a little woman with barely any income (esp compared to the money that they have coming, putting that sugar into every mfg food product they can weasel into, all awhile, children, american children are slowly developing sickness b/c of it). they can keep halloween and x-mas, that's just a sugar mfg holiday, same with valentines and Easter, it's all about sugar.

Is there anything you don't turn into a conspiracy against you and blacks? My god...

botankus
Originally posted by Czarina_Czarina
i got in trouble many years ago (about 6 years ago), b/c i didn't support lower taxes on a sugar company, they were aggressively seeking support, esp. via the christian community, to have lower or no tax at all. i mean, sugar is in just about most processed foods and now, in cosmetics, what do they want from ppl, they are making billions off of a substance that can cause diabetes and they aren't getting sued for it, and when ppl have diabetes, most of these ppl dying are americans, (minorities -african americans, hispanics, etc.) having diabetes in their youth. and color or culture isn't the issue, the issue is the idea of it all, i mean, sugar from the cane, how much money does it take to extract it? it's a total cash cow. i am not sure if they want the discount to purchase a nicer jet or 10 more airplanes and they don't want to support the tax system even though they are filthy rich. i told them no, and they started bothering me, poor me, a little woman with barely any income (esp compared to the money that they have coming, putting that sugar into every mfg food product they can weasel into, all awhile, children, american children are slowly developing sickness b/c of it). they can keep halloween and x-mas, that's just a sugar mfg holiday, same with valentines and Easter, it's all about sugar. and go gives a **** about ppl dying, kids having to be on medication for life. i know anyone can develop diabetes w/o overconsumption of sugar, but sugar is catalyst. i wonder if the sugar industry is also into pharmaceuticals. ass holes (curse word is for the children suffering b/c of the sugar industry).

Does anyone else get the same impression that these descriptive recollections of Corrina's storied past are simply cut and pasted from the editorial pages of college newspapers?

Or has someone else already hypothesized this?

Smell the glove
Damn right! Kids are at school to learn. Looking at the threads in this forum, most kids here could do with concentrating harder in lessons.

debbiejo
Well, switching souls with someone would make the greatest costume!!

Jumpy

SelphieT

What the hell!? Don't say "This is the states not India". Man, you know how many things I could say back to you about that?

lord xyz
Originally posted by SelphieT
What the hell!? Don't say "This is the states not India". Man, you know how many things I could say back to you about that? I was going to mention that, but you beat me to it. Hmm.

I forget the name.Anyone find this horrible?THis is the states not India or whatever why does this school ban this?I cna understand Christmas but not halloween?Anyone argee or disargee with this?jm The second to last question. It suggests they can celebrate halloween.

Evil Dead
holidays.......all holidays are best shared at home with those you agree with or support the reasons you are celebrating the holiday. There is no need to celebrate such things in a place of education, shared by thousands of others who may or may not agree with the reasons you choose to celebrate a holiday. The only exceptions I can think of are those holidays that have benefited every single person to step foot in this nation......Independence Day, Martin Luther King day, etc.

I don't see the fuss. Oh noez! I can't dress up in a costume to go to school to learn. A costume is not a pre-requisite of learning. You can still dress up in any costume you wish at home every single day of the year if you wish.

SelphieT
Originally posted by Evil Dead
holidays.......all holidays are best shared at home with those you agree with or support the reasons you are celebrating the holiday. There is no need to celebrate such things in a place of education, shared by thousands of others who may or may not agree with the reasons you choose to celebrate a holiday. The only exceptions I can think of are those holidays that have benefited every single person to step foot in this nation......Independence Day, Martin Luther King day, etc.

I don't see the fuss. Oh noez! I can't dress up in a costume to go to school to learn. A costume is not a pre-requisite of learning. You can still dress up in any costume you wish at home every single day of the year if you wish.

True dat.

joshb
the world is getting crazy. i think if we have to ban events (Christians) why cant they

WrathfulDwarf
On a personal note.

For me Halloween was a very cool holiday...when I was a child (don't take this the wrong way)

But then as growing older I started to appreciate the 4th of July more and more. It has everything I love. There is fireworks, BBQ, Baseball games, Nice sunny days.....to me Halloween is like...well, dress up in a costume and ask strangers for candy....meh. I'm an old bastard.

debbiejo
Well, there are still all the Haunted Houses to go too. I'm not a candy fan, but I do love a good scare!!

Schecter
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
On a personal note.

For me Halloween was a very cool holiday...when I was a child (don't take this the wrong way)

But then as growing older I started to appreciate the 4th of July more and more. It has everything I love. There is fireworks, BBQ, Baseball games, Nice sunny days.....to me Halloween is like...well, dress up in a costume and ask strangers for candy....meh. I'm an old bastard.

i guess nobody ever invited you to a halloween party? dress like an idiot, get shitfaced, hit on scantily dressed women, whats so bad about that?

Victor Von Doom
What the hell!? Don't say "This is the states not India". Man, you know how many things I could say back to you about that?
T-two?

Does anyone really care about this story?

Thought not.

BackFire
I still love Halloween and I think it's a bit sad that schools are bending to the pressure of morons who feel that just because they don't like the holiday, they should force other people to try and turn against it and dissallow it at school because they're offended/stupid.

But what's worse, is this pressure seems to be extending beyond the school and affecting the number of kids that actually go trick-or-treating. Though this is probably partly to the outrageous and baseless claims that children are going to open their halloween bag and find a razor/poison/aids/Schector in their candy waiting to attack them.

Schecter
i ejaculate in their trick or treat bags.

BackFire
All the more reason why they SHOULD go trick or treating.

Schecter
its tough when they all come knocking at once. i need a few minutes to recoop.

BackFire
You need to start in advance. Predict when they're going to show up. Even have a few baggies of your juice ready prior to them showing up, just to be on the safe side.

That's what I do. Ejaculate in baggies starting 3 hours before they show up. Also allows me to time slip razorblades into my bags-o-sauce.

lord xyz
Maybe freeze your cum?

debbiejo
oh my god.

BackFire
Originally posted by lord xyz
Maybe freeze your cum?

You are brilliant. Plus it will make it easier to hide the razorblade in frozen jizz.

I will call them Semen Slerpz!

Z's are cool, you know. The kids like them.

Violent2Dope
I forget the name.Anyone find this horrible?THis is the states not India or whatever why does this school ban this?I cna understand Christmas but not halloween?Anyone argee or disargee with this?jm Your extreme misuse of proper grammar scares and angers me. I'm dressing up as an undead killer clown for Halloween!!dur

lord xyz
Originally posted by BackFire
You are brilliant. Plus it will make it easier to hide the razorblade in frozen jizz.

I will call them Semen Slerpz!

Z's are cool, you know. The kids like them. Make that kidz then.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Schecter
i guess nobody ever invited you to a halloween party? dress like an idiot, get shitfaced, hit on scantily dressed women, whats so bad about that?

Raves are boring and overrated for me.

I dress to feel comfortable not trying to look or feel like something I'm not.

Hit on scantily dressed women....I could do that at Comic con but I rather just talk to them...even better take a picture with them.

SelphieT
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
T-two?

Does anyone really care about this story?

Thought not.

.........**** off.

JacopeX
Halloween, I understand. I love the holiday but whatever. IF it has devil worshipping references, then it is clearly understandable.

Banning Christmas however is totally beyond right. erm

Victor Von Doom
.........**** off. ****.

ADarksideJedi
Originally posted by debbiejo
Halloween is fun!

I'm going to a bunch of scary houses next week!!

eek------->>> ghost2ghost2ghost2

Neighbors?Make sure you share that candy with us!jm wink

lil bitchiness

You mean Eid?
And India does not ban holidays for some retarded reasons. Hindu tend to get on with most.

chillmeistergen
Halloween's not really a celebration though is it...... it's an excuse to egg houses, dress like an idiot and for Americans to eat more.

debbiejo
You're just jealous.

ADarksideJedi
Originally posted by BackFire
I still love Halloween and I think it's a bit sad that schools are bending to the pressure of morons who feel that just because they don't like the holiday, they should force other people to try and turn against it and dissallow it at school because they're offended/stupid.

But what's worse, is this pressure seems to be extending beyond the school and affecting the number of kids that actually go trick-or-treating. Though this is probably partly to the outrageous and baseless claims that children are going to open their halloween bag and find a razor/poison/aids/Schector in their candy waiting to attack them.

Well if the parents want t o keep there kids safe all they have to do is check the candy after trick or treating.I too like Halloween not sure what it has to do w it school and dressing up.
It is the ony year you can dress up and not look folish.jm laughing

lord xyz
Originally posted by JacopeX
Halloween, I understand. I love the holiday but whatever. IF it has devil worshipping references, then it is clearly understandable.

Banning Christmas however is totally beyond right. erm It has nothing to do with Devil Worship. smile

Schecter
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Raves are boring and overrated for me.

I dress to feel comfortable not trying to look or feel like something I'm not.

Hit on scantily dressed women....I could do that at Comic con but I rather just talk to them...even better take a picture with them.

who said anything about a rave?

botankus
i ejaculate in their trick or treat bags.
its tough when they all come knocking at once. i need a few minutes to recoop.

LOL. If you take out the word "knocking," it really makes PVS' idea genius. Trick or Treat circle jerk.

Captain King
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Halloween is evil and promotes devil worship smile

More likely there is a huge Islamic population or this is an extreme PC reaction thing.
Either way, it's a direct assault on the American constitution. The state will not recognize or respect any single religion.

And I would say banning holidays but permitting Islamic religion would be respecting a single religion.

Evidently it makes me wonder about this war on terror when we're being forced to respect Islam what with the holidays, the butchering little Mohammad cartoons, etc.

I don't even like haloween or Christmas. But it's the princaple of the damn thing.

ADarksideJedi
Yes it is!That is why the school has no right in doing this.I mean we are not Iraqs or anything like that so why are we celebrating there holidays?jm

Bardock42
Yes it is!That is why the school has no right in doing this.I mean we are not Iraqs or anything like that so why are we celebrating there holidays?jm

You may not be a Muslim, but there are US Americans that are Muslims. It's not "there holiday".

Anyways, I think religious freedom should be granted to everyone (not that Halloween is a religious holiday) and if a majority of the people in a school would like to celebrate Halloween that should be considered. All in all, no one should be banned from something if it does not interfere with anyone else.

InnerRise
I forget the name.Anyone find this horrible?THis is the states not India or whatever why does this school ban this?I cna understand Christmas but not halloween?Anyone argee or disargee with this?jm So some kids won't be able to dress up to school for one day. Whooped Dee Doo. no expression

Dress up after school.

No problem.

As for christmas. What can one actually do but exchange gifts at school on Christmas.

Again........no bid deal. Exchange after school or save your money.

Jesus.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.