Is This A Thanos Clone?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Shin_Nikkolas
So is this a clone or just not canon at all?

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b385/Orlando716/thanos.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b385/Orlando716/copthanos9yk.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/Pariah122/thanoscopter6ti.jpg

Symmetric Chaos
It was put out by the ElectricCompany or something wasn't it?

masterbruce
wow that's awful dialogue: "oops I let go of the cube!" What the f**k?

TricksterPriest
Despite Quanchi's fervent beliefs, it is real, and that is the real Thanos. wink You shut up about the steps and S/B, I'll shut up about this.

masterbruce
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Despite Quanchi's fervent beliefs, it is real, and that is the real Thanos. wink You shut up about the steps and S/B, I'll shut up about this. yeah but that's like a retard wrote Thanos...I think that should not be used as any representation of Thanos

willRules
I love that Thanos was undone by being far too tricky laughing

Bad Ash231
Originally posted by willRules
I love that Thanos was undone by being far too tricky laughing

He's always like that!

It's canon.

masterbruce
so that helicopter scan PROVES that Thanos can't fly

Shin_Nikkolas
He should have flown that thing when he had the Infinity Gauntlet.

And why is that canon? I thought stuff like that was retconned as "clones".

masterbruce
Originally posted by Shin_Nikkolas
He should have flown that thing when he had the Infinity Gauntlet.

And why is that canon? I thought stuff like that was retconned as "clones".

malfunctioning retard clones perhaps

King Kandy
When the **** did that happen?

In fact, when could it have possibly happened? Where would it fit in the timeline?

Bad Ash231
Originally posted by masterbruce

It all makes sense now...

Any Eternal can fly...

But, we've never seen Thanos fly... 131fist

srankmissingnin

Thanos flies a helicopter because he is an ace helicopter pilot, not because he can't fly on his own... well that and because the helicopter has his name on it so anyone else using it would like silly stick out tongue

Bad Ash231
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
not because he can't fly on his own

When has he?

Mr.Biscuits
Originally posted by Bad Ash231
When has he?
Never?

Hyperion 07
Issue numbers people.

Morridini
wow that's awful dialogue: "oops I let go of the cube!" What the f**k?

Oh how I love that page.
"Oops, I let go of the cube!"

Nice to know that if Thanos got hand on the Cosmic Cube he would use it to make earthquakes...

King Kandy
Originally posted by Mr.Biscuits
Never?
He "Air Walked" once.

Bad Ash231
Originally posted by King Kandy
He "Air Walked" once.

Issue number?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Thanos flies a helicopter because he is an ace helicopter pilot, not because he can't fly on his own... well that and because the helicopter has his name on it so anyone else using it would like silly stick out tongue

But he can't fly on his own. Otherwise he wouldn't have had a problem when he was left drifting in space.

Mr.Biscuits
"Air Walked"
Hardly counts.

He did it in that 8 issue series he had a few years ago,iirc.
Though with all the other powers he has flight shouldn't be a problem.

Soljer
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Despite Quanchi's fervent beliefs, it is real, and that is the real Thanos. wink You shut up about the steps and S/B, I'll shut up about this.
Actually, Darkseid getting taken out by 'thugs' is comparable. Superman beating Darkseid is not - it's appropriate.

Harry Fingerman
Real Thanos, just horrible... horrible writing. I don't even know if it's considered canon...

Also, Thanos flew... once (or however many times he flew in that series). In Celestial Quest.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Harry Fingerman
Real Thanos, just horrible... horrible writing. I don't even know if it's considered canon...

Also, Thanos flew... once (or however many times he flew in that series). In Celestial Quest.
Wasn't that also a clone?

Harry Fingerman
Wasn't that also a clone? Ya...

DigiMark007

I'm not really sure we should be using these sketchy scans to attempt to prove anything. Canon, sure. Final word on Thanos, probably not.

roughrider
Those scans showed up in the Funny Comic Pictures Thread. We cracked up over the dialogue then, too.
Most likely it was written by Larry Lieber - the guy who once wrote an issue of Spider Man where Thanos was robbing a bank. Talk about slumming. thumb down

King Kandy
Originally posted by roughrider
Those scans showed up in the Funny Comic Pictures Thread. We cracked up over the dialogue then, too.
Most likely it was written by Larry Lieber - the guy who once wrote an issue of Spider Man where Thanos was robbing a bank. Talk about slumming. thumb down
WTF?

What issue was that?

Endless Mike
Actually Thanos did fly through space on his own power at least once

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Thanos/thanosspaceflight.jpg

Bad Ash231
Originally posted by Endless Mike

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Thanos/thanosspaceflight.jpg

PIS!!!!!111

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Endless Mike

More like falling ermm

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
More like falling ermm

No, you can clearly see him changing his course and landing at a specific spot.

willRules
I just realised that Spidey and Hellcat don't do anything. The police who arrest Thanos come closer to attacking him. If Spidey and Hellcat were replaced with five year olds in that scene, Thanos would still lose laughing

Erik-Lensherr
"Let's konk that kook"

"And I know how to shake you up ! I order the earth to quake !"

"Cheese and crackers ! "

"Oops ! I let go of the cube"

Lmao laughing

roughrider
WTF?

What issue was that?

Some issue in the mid-1970's. Jim Starlin was aware of that issue, and later deadpanned: "I don't think Larry understood Thanos." big grin

manjaro
cmon man what do you ppl expect that like thanos circa early to mid 70s...things like oops i lost the cune and personalized helicopters were the norm

Wally West
Its from a series called Spidey Super Stories or something, aimed at very young children (hence the dialogue). I don't think they were meant to be in continuity, just fun stories for kids.

Darth Macabre
The dialogue isn't what makes that scan priceless: it's Thanos being carted away by the cops, that does.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
The dialogue isn't what makes that scan priceless: it's Thanos being carted away by the cops, that does.

There was a thread on the Naruto battledome forums called "Cops who arrested Thanos vs. Crooks who beat up Darkseid (from the Super Powers series)"

That was funny

boriquaking55
These comics were written for kids. Does anyone else find the fact that people are arguing the canonicity of a children's comic published by the Electric Company pathetic? For christ's sake - go out, people.

back when comic books where written for children ...

Endless Mike
Old comics are funny

Accel
I honestly lawl every time I look at those panels.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.