Gambit vs DareDevil

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Daredevil vS Gambit

black robb
somebody already made this thread

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by black robb
somebody already made this thread

good for you blackie.

black robb
Hmmm...this is really hard,i want to say Gambit but Daredevil has a pretty good chance so i am stumped

Wonderman
I think Daredevil is superior. Fighting. Powers. Tactical.
Gambit is more powerful in the destructive sense no doubt.
Daredevil needs to fight more of these types of battles. He's been wearing an apron far to long.

DarkCrawler
Daredevil is going to dodge everything Gambit throws at him and knock him out with good kick to head.

jrodslam
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Daredevil is going to dodge everything Gambit throws at him and knock him out with good kick to head.

Agree. Daredevil wins.

wolverine8888
actauly I say this be a hell of a fight. dare devil throw is bill club gambit will flip out of the way but once dd gets close it over for gambit

jrodslam
^ Over for who?

peejayd
* Gambit loses this one... DD's ahead, too extreme agility Gambit can't cope with it... DD wins...

wolverine8888
actauly dd is only peak agility same as gambit because of gambits powers he cna make him self have peak agility but thats it. but if u add in DD acrobatics which would make him seem far more agile then he is. DD wins most of the time

TheKahn
I'm gonna play devil's advocate and say Gambit wins. Now it doesn't say where this fight takes place so I'm going to assume that it is in a city. While I think that DD the better fighter, Gambit's firepower will allow him to win some. If he goes all out and starts throwing everything near him at DD, with human duribility Gambit could knock him out. But still its close. I say Gambit 6/10

wolverine8888
ya but if gambit throws a card to close to him he will blind him self for a good long time. gambit has light senstive eyes

StyleTime
True but the card has to be like....right in front of Gambit's face. Gambit wins this at least 8/10. Destructive power is going to win this fight.

DarkCrawler
Daredevil can dodge Gambit's cards and throw a billy club at him in the same time. I think Daredevil can get close to Gambit and then he is screwed. Gambit is loser in fighting compared to DD.

TheKahn
Daredevil can dodge Gambit's cards and throw a billy club at him in the same time. I think Daredevil can get close to Gambit and then he is screwed. Gambit is loser in fighting compared to DD.

Gambit could charge up a section of DD's costume if they get in close. It might end up hurting both of them but its worth a shot.

jollyjim311
Gambit could beat DD. Gambit is no scrub in melee combat (of course DD is better, but still). Good call Kahn, he could heat up DD's mask.

Lord Magnus
Daredevil fights Bullseye. Usually wins.
So if Gambit's throwing stuff at him, I don't see how that could work out.

About charging the costume: who says DD would let that happen?

DD, all the way.

Black Rob
Daredevil can dodge Gambit's cards and throw a billy club at him in the same time. I think Daredevil can get close to Gambit and then he is screwed. Gambit is loser in fighting compared to DD. If he threw a billy club he'd probably catch it.

Lord Magnus
Oh, no! He caught the Billy Club!
Think hit and run tactics. Daredevil isn't gonna come into battle exposing his costume and throwing stuff.

Black Rob
Originally posted by Lord Magnus
Oh, no! He caught the Billy Club!
Think hit and run tactics. Daredevil isn't gonna come into battle exposing his costume and throwing stuff. I'm not saying he'd win i'm just saying throwing a billy club doesnt mean much. This could go either way in my opinion.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Lord Magnus
Daredevil fights Bullseye. Usually wins.
So if Gambit's throwing stuff at him, I don't see how that could work out.

About charging the costume: who says DD would let that happen?

DD, all the way.

Bullseye's projectiles don't usually explode though do they? wink

What would happen to DD's radar sense if Gambit threw a bunch of cards/nails/rocks/whatevers towards him and they all blew up around him? Wouldn't that at least confuse DD?

~wickerman~

Black Rob
Originally posted by Wickerman
Bullseye's projectiles don't usually explode though do they? wink

What would happen to DD's radar sense if Gambit threw a bunch of cards/nails/rocks/whatevers towards him and they all blew up around him? Wouldn't that at least confuse DD?

~wickerman~ Right there. Even if he dodged the cards the explosion would create such a sonic disturbance that he wouldn't be able to even know where Gambit is. Of course,i know little of Daredevil and maybe his focus is good enough to still concentrate on Gambit.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Black Rob
Right there. Even if he dodged the cards the explosion would create such a sonic disturbance that he wouldn't be able to even know where Gambit is. Of course,i know little of Daredevil and maybe his focus is good enough to still concentrate on Gambit.

That's what i was thinking. Also, although not on Bullseye level when it comes to mad throwing skills, Gambit's no slouch. I've heard of him throwing his cards so quickly and accurately that he can deflect incoming bullets. So if we have someone near Bullseye level in skill, speed, etc. , with the same incredible versatility of projectiles, except that his also EXPLODE, adding to that beyond peak human speed, agility, etc. etc. + pretty damn good melee-ist with an adamantium staff........well.....i'd say DD wouldn't win so easily.

~wickerman~

StyleTime
So let me get this straight, Gambit has deflected bullets and you all want me to believe he'll get hit by a ****ing billy club? What the f**k?

Gambit wins AT LEAST 8/10.

peejayd
* DD wins, 7/10 Gambit can't catch up, too extreme agility...

StyleTime
Gambit is easily as agile as the human Daredevil. Even if he wasn't, agility is not the same as speed...

Black Rob
Originally posted by peejayd
* DD wins, 7/10 Gambit can't catch up, too extreme agility... Gambit has enhanced agility and reflexes so really its more the other way around.

wolverine8888
actauly no he does not near superhuman. enchanced reflexes is superhuman level 1. near superhuman means he at peak human agility. by the way I can source it if u like and quote it lol

peejayd
Gambit has enhanced agility and reflexes so really its more the other way around.

* DD's got more enhanced agility than Gambit possesses, DD can on par with agility with Spidey himself...

* plus the radar sense, DD can easily dodge and/or block anything Gambit's futile offenses...

* weapons-wise, the versatility of billyclub outclasses Gambit's staff, DD's exceptional in this game...

wolverine8888
actauly DD has peak human agility as well his is just higher then gambitsplus he the most acrobatic hero thats why it apears he more agile then he is. by the way DD can not go toe to toe in with spiderman in agility.

peejayd
* so DD wins... at least 7-8/10

DarkCrawler
Bullseye kicked Gambit's ass once.

TheKahn
Right there. Even if he dodged the cards the explosion would create such a sonic disturbance that he wouldn't be able to even know where Gambit is. Of course,i know little of Daredevil and maybe his focus is good enough to still concentrate on Gambit.

That is the key isn't. If DD has a weakness, too much sonic disturbance is it. If there are explositions going off right and left how will DD be able to fight?

peejayd
* DD will rush close to Gambit, DD's quick & agile, there's no chance for Gumbo to create a sonic disturbance, or else he'll eat DD's fists and feet...

StyleTime
Or he'll blow Daredevil apart...

TheKahn
Yea I doubt the effectivness of the "run up and punch the other guy real quick" strategy myself. In close Gambit could charge up DD's costume and at a distance he as the firepower advantage. This would be a hard one for DD to win.

DarkCrawler
Well, Daredevil fights and beats Typhoid Mary, who has telekinesis, telepathy and pyrokinesis...

StyleTime
Well, Daredevil fights and beats Typhoid Mary, who has telekinesis, telepathy and pyrokinesis...
True but she is a villain. She has to lose.

Gambit fights Wolverine. Wolverine> Daredevil.

TheKahn
"True but she is a villain. She has to lose."

Truer words were never spoken

wolverine8888
gambit does not fight wolverine he gets his ass kicked by the way. oh thats only one of there battles by the way most all of them it takes seconds for wolverine to beat him. so do not use gambit fights wolverine as evidence to help u because he does not fight wolverine he plainly get his ass handed to him.

jrodslam
Originally posted by StyleTime
Gambit fights Wolverine. Wolverine> Daredevil.

When did Wolverine beat Daredevil?

Last i remember, Wolverine ended up with a kitana in his lung.

Black Rob
* DD will rush close to Gambit, DD's quick & agile, there's no chance for Gumbo to create a sonic disturbance, or else he'll eat DD's fists and feet... Once again,they are AT LEAST the same speed,reflexes,and agility so he just couldn't rush him and have him just standing there.

wolverine8888
lol dude don't kid ur self man DD can't stand up to wolverine. hell in that fight wolverine said him self that the whole time he was trying tos top him self from killign daredevil. daredevil could not even take a wolverine that was fighting him self every step of the way. also the only reason dd survived was a plot device he was beating his arm use less he grab a wait and lunged at wolverine hitting him in the nose wolevrien tripped and fell on a sword that did not even nock him out or any thing but snapp him back full incontrol. so no wolverine is betetr then dd but dd is better then gambit

wolverine8888
black rob makes a good piont gambit and DD are only both peak humans thou DD a little better he still gunna find it hard to dodge gambits cards

jrodslam
Originally posted by wolverine8888
lol dude don't kid ur self man DD can't stand up to wolverine. hell in that fight wolverine said him self that the whole time he was trying tos top him self from killign daredevil. daredevil could not even take a wolverine that was fighting him self every step of the way. also the only reason dd survived was a plot device he was beating his arm use less he grab a wait and lunged at wolverine hitting him in the nose wolevrien tripped and fell on a sword that did not even nock him out or any thing but snapp him back full incontrol. so no wolverine is betetr then dd but dd is better then gambit

DD cant stand up to wolverine? Are you serious? And dont forget that also in that fight, Daredevil was killing/fighting about 50 ninjas PLUS Wolverine. Daredevil was also holding back on Wolverine because he was trying to talk some sense into him. OK, do DD used the weight to knock Wolverine on his noggin, but yet Wolverine was using all those ninjas and attacking DD at the same time. So DD using a weight is a plot devise? I call it evening things up. Since Wolverine was so dishonorable.

wolverine8888
dude wolverine was not attacking him well the ninja did. wolverinee foguht seperatly. there a diffrence with holding abck and fighting ur self. wolverine was not fightin not him hydra was controling him he was trying to fight it eevry step of the way during the fight. if u rea dit u woulda known wolverine neevr attacked dd well he was fightign the ninjas. actauly dd attack him first and at the end of the battle was all but beat but as a last resort used a weight to nock wolverine back a little wolerien slipped and fell on a sword that went throu his heart how the hell was that not a plot device he got extremely lucky and it still did not put wolverien down just allowed him to take back control of his body. yes dd can fight wolverine for a little while but not every long at all and with no chance of winning. but of coruse dd fight gambit which he has quite a good chance of beating

peejayd
* dudes, the fact remains - DD beat Wolverine... no excuses...

* considering what Black Rob said, Gumbo and DD were AT LEAST the same in speed, reflexes, agility... highly doubt it. oh, you said "at least" so, the point is, DD's a bit quicker, a bit more agile, so DD got this advantage... plus DD's radar sense that will anticipate any of Gumbo's mounted offense.

* the fight will be close range, DD's quick reflexes (that outclasses Gumbo's) will do the trick, DD's more skilled. and again, weapons-wise, billy-club is more superior than Gumbo's staff...

* endgame: DD wins, 6.5-7.5/10

StyleTime
A billy club is NOT superior to an exploding adamantium staff. Daredevil does not outclass Gambit in reflexes. Gambit has deflected bullets and dodged greater velocity projectiles. Daredevil and Gambit are at least equal in that area.

wolverine8888, Wolverine and Gambit were equal in that fight until the end,but please don't turn this thread into Gambit vs Wolverine. I was just mentioning that he fights Wolverine. I'm not arguing if he can beat Wolverine or not.

peejayd
A billy club is NOT superior to an exploding adamantium staff. Daredevil does not outclass Gambit in reflexes. Gambit has deflected bullets and dodged greater velocity projectiles. Daredevil and Gambit are at least equal in that area.

* ok... but it does not mean Gambit will beat DD... what i mean is both can beat each other but, DD wins more often than not...

wolverine8888
DD never beat wolverine he was able to nock a wolverine who wanted to be back in control in to control. so aagin u can't use that as evidence.
but any ways the fact remain DD can take this and I bet he will take it more times then gambit can.

StyleTime
* ok... but it does not mean Gambit will beat DD... what i mean is both can beat each other but, DD wins more often than not...
I agree that the staff probably won't make or break this battle. Daredevil is capable of getting the best of Gambit ,but I think Gambit has a edge in the destruction deparment that will allow him to win over Daredevil.

Gambit 8/10

Off topic: I really doubt Daredevil can beat Wolverine. I have not seen that comic,so I could wrong I guess.

NoFate007
Gambit wins, DD sucks.

willRules
Whilst DD has been beaten by Bullseye he has beaten Bullseye in turn many times. Gambit fought Bullseye once I believe. Bullseye dominated the fight generally and finished it by stabbing Gambit in the chest..........

StyleTime
Originally posted by willRules
Whilst DD has been beaten by Bullseye he has beaten Bullseye in turn many times. Gambit fought Bullseye once I believe. Bullseye dominated the fight generally and finished it by stabbing Gambit in the chest..........
This is true however Gambit also got a healing factor that fight. I'm not so sure I'd trust that fight lol. With a healing factor Gambit definitely owns Daredevil.

NumerAlX
A) Xmen-38, Gambit beats Sabertooth
B) Sabertooth and Wolverine go at it back and forth.
C) So Gambit is at least as agile as Wolverine.
D) No way DD has the stamina to match a mutant.

jrodslam
What the f**k?

First off, DD already beat Sabes and had the stamina to do so.
Secondly, he had enough stamina to fight hand ninjas as well as Wolvie.
Thirdly, hes already matched stamina with Gambit before.

Stamina isnt a issue here.

meep-meep
Considering the fact that Gambit is roughly equal to DD in agility, speed and reflexes I gotta say that Gambit takes it. Yes DD has superior fighting skills but he 's gotta get close to use them. Also, Gambit isn't a slouch in that category so he wouldn't just be knocked out if DD did get inside on him. Furthermore, Gambit could use his environment to great advantage in this scuffle. If they are in a somewhat crowded environment filled with all sorts of movable objects you can be sure they are going to be charged up and headed in DD's general direction. Throw Gambit's Adamantium staff (which he knows how to use pretty well) into the mix and you have someone who DD might not want to get near.

Gambit 7/10 in a non-desert or open plain environment.

jrodslam
Gambit just has to be very careful of how and where he throws the charged object. Daredevil is among the best at predicting projectiles as well as dodging them.

Gambit keeping his distance COULD work to his benefit, however Daredevil would most likely be able to sense when the object is going to explode and may be able to get out of the way in time. Im not sure is Gambit can throw with the same speed and accuracy as Bullseye, so DD sliping out of the way is pretty likely.

When it comes to figthing up close, Daredevil would have a slight advantage here. Skill wise Gambit isnt on DD's level, however hes good enough to put up a good fight. I dont think he would risk chargeing something at close range considering hes not immune to the things he charges that explode. I believe hes been blinded by one of his cards that exploded in his face. Ive also heard that he killed himself by accident(dont know how true that is).

All in all i give DD the slight edge. 6.5/10

meep-meep
True. I doubt Gambit is quite on par with Bullseye in the accuracy department of throwing objects but Bullseyes knives and such don't explode. I think that is the difference here. Gambit doesn't really need to score a direct hit at first. DD has incredible agility and dogding abilities but to try and get near Gambit if you aren't Spiderman or better is being pretty brave. If DD is aware of Gambit's abilities he wisely stays aways and walks away from the encounter.

Also if the fight is going badly for Gambit he can always go self destruct mode and charge DD's suit or billy club.

jrodslam
thats what i was saying before. Daredevil would know when the object is about to explode. It would generate more energy or heat as it nears detonation. Daredevil would be able to hear that and have the chance to get clear of the explosion.

If Gambit were to go self destruct mode, wouldnt that count as an extra loss? Kiinda like killing yourslef in a fps, you get a -.

inamilist
gambit can make his cards create increadably large explosions

Even if he has the agility to dodge, I dont think DD has the mobility to get out of the way of the blasts if its a bloodlusted Gambit we are talking about

Gambit 7/10

meep-meep
So how long do you think DD can anticipate the explosions goin on around him? eventually one and than many more are going to get him. Also, Gambit isn't going to be standing still while this is happening. You might have a case if Gambit was slow moving and ill equipped to fight DD that way DD could just avoid the cards or whatever and attack him quickly and whip him. However, Gambit isn't slow. He's as fast and agile as DD and can hold his own in hand to hand combat.

This encounter favors Gambit.

jrodslam
Originally posted by inamilist
gambit can make his cards create increadably large explosions

Even if he has the agility to dodge, I dont think DD has the mobility to get out of the way of the blasts if its a bloodlusted Gambit we are talking about

Gambit 7/10

Like is stated before. I dont think Gambit has the throwing speed/power of Bullseye. Im certain he doesnt have the range either. How far do you think they are going to be from each other? Im totaly aware that Gambit can make large explosions, but like i said, would he risk putting himself in danger knowing hes not immune to its effects? DD has peak human attributes. He definately has the mobility to dodge an explosion. Especially when he knows its about to explode. Plus he has the billyclub to help get clear, remember?

meep-meep
And if Gambit where to charge and blow up DD's clothing it wouldn't be a loss really but more of a tie.

inamilist
Originally posted by jrodslam
Like is stated before. I dont think Gambit has the throwing speed/power of Bullseye. Im certain he doesnt have the range either. How far do you think they are going to be from each other? Im totaly aware that Gambit can make large explosions, but like i said, would he risk putting himself in danger knowing hes not immune to its effects? DD has peak human attributes. He definately has the mobility to dodge an explosion. Especially when he knows its about to explode. Plus he has the billyclub to help get clear, remember?

im not saying he cant

and you are right, in any scenario the environment plays a huge role, like, if they are in a sparring ring, DD is gonna own him for exactly why you said

I'm just saying that accuracy doesnt matter as much as you are saying. Give them a decent distance and Gambit should be able to take him down, again, if he isnt worried about killing a fellow hero

embarrasment hehehe, no i had forgot about the billyclub

fine, gambit 6/10 :P

meep-meep
So how long do you think DD can anticipate the explosions goin on around him? eventually one and than many more are going to get him. Also, Gambit isn't going to be standing still while this is happening. You might have a case if Gambit was slow moving and ill equipped to fight DD that way DD could just avoid the cards or whatever and attack him quickly and whip him. However, Gambit isn't slow. He's as fast and agile as DD and can hold his own in hand to hand combat.

jrodslam
Originally posted by meep-meep

As long as DD can hear the energy charging or heating up, he can anticipate most explosions. I know that Gambit wont be standing still, but neither would DD. Im sure we all know that DD has sensitive hearing. However most people mnay think that explosions cause them go out insane. That may be the case depending on how close he is and the level of the explosion. Hes been up-close to cars, choppers and buildings blowing up and wasnt phazed by them much, so its not unlikely for him to not be effected by the explosions. Especially considering hed have a chance to avoid them.

jrodslam
And if Gambit where to charge and blow up DD's clothing it wouldn't be a loss really but more of a tie.

laughing I guess.

Id call Gambit an idiot for the rest of his afterlife.

meep-meep
I don't think that DD will be effected by the sound of the explosions at all. I think that eventually one of them is going to catch him by surprise. DD doesn't have the agility of SpiderMan so I doubt he could avoid them all. If DD can successfully avoid everything that's directed at him he could win it but that's not likely to happen. If DD's smart he will keep his distance and forfeit.

meep-meep
laughing I guess.

Id call Gambit an idiot for the rest of his afterlife.

Who says it would be lethal to Gambit? Afterall it's DD's face and Gambit's hands....

jrodslam
Who says it would be lethal to Gambit? Afterall it's DD's face and Gambit's hands....

It would be lethal to Gambit indeed. Unless Gambit has Mr.Fantastic's powers, hes feeling as much of that blast as Daredevil would.

meep-meep
Like I said DD's face and Gambit's hands.

jrodslam
I don't think that DD will be effected by the sound of the explosions at all. I think that eventually one of them is going to catch him by surprise. DD doesn't have the agility of SpiderMan so I doubt he could avoid them all. If DD can successfully avoid everything that's directed at him he could win it but that's not likely to happen. If DD's smart he will keep his distance and forfeit.

Dd may not have the EXACT agility as Spiderman, but hes not far from it when it comes to being able to dodge projectiles. DD's agility allows him to dodge rapid rife shots, lasers, as well as other projectiles. How many do you think Gamibt is going to throw at once? Daredevil keeping his distance wouldnt be much of a problem at all for him. Instead, hed be trying to close the gap. Its Gambit whod try to keep DD at a distance.

jrodslam
Like I said DD's face and Gambit's hands.

Can you explain how Gambit would charge DD's face? Doest he trip him on the floor and get hold of him? Charging DD's face is highly unlikely since DD is constantly moving.

meep-meep
Dd may not have the EXACT agility as Spiderman, but hes not far from it when it comes to being able to dodge projectiles. DD's agility allows him to dodge rapid rife shots, lasers, as well as other projectiles. How many do you think Gamibt is going to throw at once? Daredevil keeping his distance wouldnt be much of a problem at all for him. Instead, hed be trying to close the gap. Its Gambit whod try to keep DD at a distance.

DD is quick, very quick but still human. He can't out manuever an extremely good shot forever, IMO. I don't think you are giving G enough credit here on many levels but, hey that's your opinion.

meep-meep
Can you explain how Gambit would charge DD's face? Doest he trip him on the floor and get hold of him? Charging DD's face is highly unlikely since DD is constantly moving.

Gambit wouldn't charge DD's face but his mask. I doubt it would take longer than a 2 seconds to charge it either. 2 seconds isn't that long. Gambit's powers allow this match to be at least a draw in a close up conflict.

And anyway this is a last case scenario if DD did get inside on Gambit and begin to whip him. That itself isn't a garuantee. DD eventually getting tagged virtually is, IMO.

jrodslam
DD is quick, very quick but still human. He can't out manuever an extremely good shot forever, IMO. I don't think you are giving G enough credit here on many levels but, hey that's your opinion.

Dd amy be only human, but he sure doesnt operate at normal human levels. He may not be able to outmanuever a good shot forever, but Gambit sure cant throw forever. Im sure DD can dodge longer than Gambit can throw with some type of accuracy.

meep-meep
Dd amy be only human, but he sure doesnt operate at normal human levels.

Neither does Gambit

Im sure DD can dodge longer than Gambit can throw with some type of accuracy.

So DD can dodge (which likely takes the same if not more energy than throwing) longer than Gambit can aim and throw?

jrodslam
Gambit wouldn't charge DD's face but his mask. I doubt it would take longer than a 2 seconds to charge it either. 2 seconds isn't that long. Gambit's powers allow this match to be at least a draw in a close up conflict.

And anyway this is a last case scenario if DD did get inside on Gambit and begin to whip him. That itself isn't a garuantee. DD eventually getting tagged virtually is, IMO.

DD's mask is on his face so it would be the face that takes the severe damage. Gambit has to be close to touch the mask/face. If that blows up, Gambit risks it blowing up in his face as well. Obviously hes not immune to his energy explosions. If hes that close, whats to stop DD from paralyzing Gambits body? Thats takes about the same time it would take Remy the charge the mask. Maybe even less time.

It may be up in the air depending on certain circumstances, but i give DD a slight edge in most.

jrodslam
Neither does Gambit

I know that. Notice how i didnt mention Gambit being only human.

So DD can dodge (which likely takes the same if not more energy than throwing) longer than Gambit can aim and throw?

For DD to dodge 1-3 cards at a time would take less effort than for Gambit to throw the cards with the same accuracy, spped, and distance. Gambits arm would get tired way before DD gets tired of dodging.

meep-meep
I know that. Notice how i didnt mention Gambit being only human.

Yes you didn't mention it.

For DD to dodge 1-3 cards at a time would take less effort than for Gambit to throw the cards with the same accuracy, spped, and distance. Gambits arm would get tired way before DD gets tired of dodging.

Doing flips, reacting to things being thrown at you takes a whole lot of acrobatic skill and concentration. If you have ever played doge ball you know what I mean. Sure throwing takes effort but the effort to dodge an expert marksman is very difficult. More difficult than the energy output of the marksman.

Look I can tell that the reasons I gave for Gambit wininng aren't compatible with your reasoning, and vice verse. Maybe we should just stop.

jrodslam
Yes you didn't mention it.

But you decided tou mention DD being only human? Why? No matter.

Doing flips, reacting to things being thrown at you takes a whole lot of acrobatic skill and concentration. If you have ever played doge ball you know what I mean. Sure throwing takes effort but the effort to dodge an expert marksman is very difficult. More difficult than the energy output of the marksman.

Thing is, DD doesnt have to react to the object being thrown while already in air. He reacts as its being thrown or before it gets thrown. Thats less concentration on his part its more instinctive. In dodge ball, if you knew where, when the ball is going to end up, its would be much easier for you to dodge. Youd have to rely purely on your reflexes. Daredevil always has a heads up in that area. However, throwing the ball would become more tireing. The ball seems heavier and you dont throw weith the same force as you did 10 minutes ago. You accuracy will be off as well giving your opponent a easier chance to dodge.

Look I can tell that the reasons I gave for Gambit wininng aren't compatible with your reasoning, and vice verse. Maybe we should just stop.

Maybe.

meep-meep
But you decided tou mention DD being only human? Why? No matter.

He is only human. But I also stated that he is extremely agile and quick. But your right no matter.

Thing is, DD doesnt have to react to the object being thrown while already in air. He reacts as its being thrown or before it gets thrown. Thats less concentration on his part its more instinctive. In dodge ball, if you knew where, when the ball is going to end up, its would be much easier for you to dodge. Youd have to rely purely on your reflexes. Daredevil always has a heads up in that area. However, throwing the ball would become more tireing. The ball seems heavier and you dont throw weith the same force as you did 10 minutes ago. You accuracy will be off as well giving your opponent a easier chance to dodge.

Maybe.

And being an expert marksman Gambit would know the potential next move of DD making his job easier as well. Gambit is a physically enhanced mutant afterall, I doubt he's going to be tiring anytime soon.

jrodslam
And being an expert marksman Gambit would know the potential next move of DD making his job easier as well.

Please enlighten me on how so. If DD didnt have his senses, id agree with that because Daredevil would be reacting to what has already taken place. Gambit would try to lead DD into getting tagged. However, Daredevil reacts while the action takes place or before it takes place. It would be impossible for him to know DD's next move when DD bases his movements off what Gambit does at the moment instead of after.

Gambit is a physically enhanced mutant afterall, I doubt he's going to be tiring anytime soon.

I agree. But its not like Gambit has to pull a trigger. Every throw needs to be as good as the last one. Once he runs out of cards, hed have to find a replacement. Plus hed have to worry about DD going on the attack as well.

meep-meep
Please enlighten me on how so. If DD didnt have his senses, id agree with that because Daredevil would be reacting to what has already taken place. Gambit would try to lead DD into getting tagged. However, Daredevil reacts while the action takes place or before it takes place. It would be impossible for him to know DD's next move when DD bases his movements off what Gambit does at the moment instead of after.

Snipers or hunters try to picture where a target is going to move next. Sorry but Gambit is a great shot. To say he can't strategize is a little naive. But I suppose you have a point in that DD's hearing is that good to dodge gambit's attacks. Still he can't dodge them all. Basically what this comes down to is DD's relfexes versus Gambit's. And seeing as how DD uses more energy reacting on them I still have to go with Gambit.

I agree. But its not like Gambit has to pull a trigger. Every throw needs to be as good as the last one. Once he runs out of cards, hed have to find a replacement. Plus hed have to worry about DD going on the attack as well.

And like I said Gambit has enhanced physical reflexes and I assume endurance. Gambit's evnergy output is less than DD's. Does Gambit only carry one deck with him? That would be dumb if he did but who knows?

meep-meep
If DD got close than well that's another thing altogether. DD outclasses him in that category but Gambit is too versatile to lose the majority. Gambit. 6.5-7/10

jrodslam
Snipers or hunters try to picture where a target is going to move next. Sorry but Gambit is a great shot. To say he can't strategize is a little naive. But I suppose you have a point in that DD's hearing is that good to dodge gambit's attacks. Still he can't dodge them all. Basically what this comes down to is DD's relfexes versus Gambit's. And seeing as how DD uses more energy reacting on them I still have to go with Gambit.

Yes snipers do, but what good are they when their target knows they being aimed at and knows when they are going to fire thus avoiding with relative ease? Not that useful. I dont see why Daredevil cant dodge all Gambits projectiles. Gang members with automatics empty clips and still hit nothing. DD has to move extra fast and exert extra energy to dodge rapid fire like that. Hes dodged minigun fire. Gambit doesnt throw with the speed for DD to get tagged within a close proximity of the card to do damage. How would ot come down to DD's reflexes vs Gambit's? Do you meant his throwing reflexes? I still dont think DD uses more energy than Gambit. How far can Gambit throw a card anyways?

And like I said Gambit has enhanced physical reflexes and I assume endurance. Gambit's evnergy output is less than DD's. Does Gambit only carry one deck with him? That would be dumb if he did but who knows?

Does Gambit have enhanced reflexes and endurance? I though it was just peak human. Either way, his reflexes couldnt be near as good as DD's.

StyleTime
How far can Gambit throw a card anyways?

Gambit has hit a half millimeter trip wire from fifty feet away faster than thought.

Gambit has a street level speedblitz.

Black Rob
Gambit wins

meep-meep
^I agree

cajun2de
yeap if even in melee combat, gambit fights with his bo-staff charged....gambit wins this

jrodslam
To each their own. I still think DD takes a slight majority. Gambit CAN keep the staff charged, but he doesnt normally do it in combat. I wouldnt count on him doing it vs DD.

StyleTime
To each their own. I still think DD takes a slight majority. Gambit CAN keep the staff charged, but he doesnt normally do it in combat. I wouldnt count on him doing it vs DD.
Gambit doesn't usually go all out(charging staff,speedblitz throw, clothes charging) as he doesn't like to kill people. However, Gambit will know that Daredevil is no joke and Gambit will know to bring his "A" game. Daredevil isn't some random schmoe and I doubt Gambit will play around like he does with Wolverine.

jrodslam
Gambit doesn't usually go all out(charging staff,speedblitz throw, clothes charging) as he doesn't like to kill people. However, Gambit will know that Daredevil is no joke and Gambit will know to bring his "A" game. Daredevil isn't some random schmoe and I doubt Gambit will play around like he does with Wolverine.

I agree completly. If Gambit had a unlimited amount of things to throw, he may get lucky and tag DD with something. However, DD wont keep his distance. Hed be trying to get in close where he would have a better advantage. Gambit isnt AS dood as DD in h2h combat, so i think his goal would be to keep DD at bay, but is also good enough to put up a good fight if DD gets in close. Thats only why i give DD the slight majority of wins here.

cajun2de
hmm i think it'll be a tie if it comes to h2h combat

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by cajun2de
hmm i think it'll be a tie if it comes to h2h combat

blink

Gambit isn't nowhere a skilled in hand to hand combat then Daredevil...

Kontraz
I agree completly. If Gambit had a unlimited amount of things to throw, he may get lucky and tag DD with something. However, DD wont keep his distance. Hed be trying to get in close where he would have a better advantage. Gambit isnt AS dood as DD in h2h combat, so i think his goal would be to keep DD at bay, but is also good enough to put up a good fight if DD gets in close. Thats only why i give DD the slight majority of wins here.

DD's fast...but i dont get why people think speed, agility, and reflex amount to dodging EXPLOSIONS. his endurance isnt nearly high enough to survive any of the explosions gambit can cause, and he doesnt have superspeed, so he cant "dodge" the explosion either... he's F*CKed

meep-meep
Thats what I gather. I mean there isn't a doubt that DD could dodge lots of the projectiles thrown by Gambit. The real weapon isn't the card or whatever but the explosion that ensues. All it takes is one tag, whether it be a glancing or direct hit, and DD is in trouble.

Also, Gambit isn't on the same level of H2H fighting as DD. Gambit(without charging anything) with only his staff and skills vs DD with his own weapons and skills wouldn't look good for Gambit.

katie_girl09
This would be one heck of an interesting fight! Wow! I would pay to see it (if they were real)! I think it would be a toss up.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Kontraz
DD's fast...but i dont get why people think speed, agility, and reflex amount to dodging EXPLOSIONS. his endurance isnt nearly high enough to survive any of the explosions gambit can cause, and he doesnt have superspeed, so he cant "dodge" the explosion either... he's F*CKed

I think you may have missed my point. Due to DD's senses, refelexes and all, hed be very well capable of dodging the explosions. Why? Because like ive said before, Daredevil would be able to "hear" the charge in the object to know when it will explode. That alone gives him an extra edge to get out of the way before it can explode near him. Its not like Gambit is going to charge the objects to where they destroy the whole block. Nor do they follow him as he moves. Ive also explained how DD has been in the close proximity of many things exploding such as cars, helicopters, grenades etc. He indeed has the endurance to survive Gambits explosions. Its not like hed be taking the full breunt of them if hes too close anyways. DD's suit is pretty durable also.

braz
DD takes this via super reflexes, thus knowing his opponets' moves before it even happens. wink

but i still dont think DD can beat wolvie stick out tongue

Kontraz
I think you may have missed my point. Due to DD's senses, refelexes and all, hed be very well capable of dodging the explosions. Why? Because like ive said before, Daredevil would be able to "hear" the charge in the object to know when it will explode. That alone gives him an extra edge to get out of the way before it can explode near him. Its not like Gambit is going to charge the objects to where they destroy the whole block. Nor do they follow him as he moves. Ive also explained how DD has been in the close proximity of many things exploding such as cars, helicopters, grenades etc. He indeed has the endurance to survive Gambits explosions. Its not like hed be taking the full breunt of them if hes too close anyways. DD's suit is pretty durable also.

1) gambit has shown that HE controls when the object will explode, not by charging to an extent, but by simply making it explode when he wants it to

2) gambit might not be quite as accurate as bullseye, but hes PRETTY DAMN ACCURATE, and when its going with explosions, you dont have to be nearly as accurate as he is to make DD a puddle a of goo

3) if it comes down to it, he can kick his ass with his staff. If he charges that b*tch, he is able to easily maneuver it much faster than bullets... DD's endurance wouldnt allow him to take too many hits from that (1 or 2 ought to due him in) and he wont be able to dodge forever.

4) If it looks like DD will win by some sort of miracle (i dont see it happening at all), the guy's pretty much completely covered by his suit. all gambit has to do is charge the thing, and DD goes KABOOM. sure, it'd probably take out gambit as well, but it still doesnt give DD the win

Metalmanx
This is a tough one indeed.

I'm going to have to give this one to Gambit, however: 6/10.

Gambit is no slouch in the agility department, and could give DD a run for his money in the melee area as well. Add in his destructive mutant abilities, and he has the necessary skills to take out DD.

jrodslam
1) gambit has shown that HE controls when the object will explode, not by charging to an extent, but by simply making it explode when he wants it to

2) gambit might not be quite as accurate as bullseye, but hes PRETTY DAMN ACCURATE, and when its going with explosions, you dont have to be nearly as accurate as he is to make DD a puddle a of goo

3) if it comes down to it, he can kick his ass with his staff. If he charges that b*tch, he is able to easily maneuver it much faster than bullets... DD's endurance wouldnt allow him to take too many hits from that (1 or 2 ought to due him in) and he wont be able to dodge forever.

4) If it looks like DD will win by some sort of miracle (i dont see it happening at all), the guy's pretty much completely covered by his suit. all gambit has to do is charge the thing, and DD goes KABOOM. sure, it'd probably take out gambit as well, but it still doesnt give DD the win

1.) Gambit cant make something explode whenever he wants to. He has to lace the object with his biokinetic energy FIRST. Whatever he throws will be already charged. Gambit then allows it to explode at will. Daredevil can feel/hear the charged object before it even leaves Gambits hand as well as know when hes going to throw it.

2.) Like ive already stated a few times before, just any type of explosion doesnt disrupt Daredevil. Unless Gambit is charging things that would destroy half a block, Daredevil wouldnt be messed up much from the explosions. Daredevil dodges Bullseye with relative ease. Considering Gambit isnt as good as Bullseye when it comes to accuracy, Daredevil would dodge his projectives better than he would dodge Bullseye's. Pure logic.

3.) Gambit is going to kick DD's ass with his charged staff? You make is seem as if Gambit has it easy. Daredevil has the use of his billy clubs and would be able to block most or all of Gambits attacks. Gambit isnt the only one who deflects bullets. Daredevil has peak human endurance as well Gambit. What makes you think hed tire before Gambit? And what makes you think DD wont go on the offensive? If it comes down to h2h(which it would if/when DD gets close), i dont think Gambit can hang with DD in that department. Im not saying hes a slouch, but Daredevil is just more advanced in that department.

4.) I dont see why it would be a miracle for DD to win. It would be pretty easy for him to dodge Gambit's projectiles and close in on the distance between the two. Hes a better h2h combatant than Gambit. Is that Gambits only chance for victory is to charge DD's suit and kill them both? Some victory. erm

StyleTime
It wouldn't take out Gambit too. He has charged people clothes/accessories before and the explosion didn't affect him. He is frequently is close proximity to his explosions and has never been hurt by them. One card exploded right in front of his face and blinded him but he still wasn't actually hurt. He appears to be immune to his own power.
1.) Gambit cant make something explode whenever he wants to. He has to lace the object with his biokinetic energy FIRST. Whatever he throws will be already charged. Gambit then allows it to explode at will. Daredevil can feel/hear the charged object before it even leaves Gambits hand as well as know when hes going to throw it.

2.) Like ive already stated a few times before, just any type of explosion doesnt disrupt Daredevil. Unless Gambit is charging things that would destroy half a block, Daredevil wouldnt be messed up much from the explosions. Daredevil dodges Bullseye with relative ease. Considering Gambit isnt as good as Bullseye when it comes to accuracy, Daredevil would dodge his projectives better than he would dodge Bullseye's. Pure logic.

3.) Gambit is going to kick DD's ass with his charged staff? You make is seem as if Gambit has it easy. Daredevil has the use of his billy clubs and would be able to block most or all of Gambits attacks. Gambit isnt the only one who deflects bullets. Daredevil has peak human endurance as well Gambit. What makes you think hed tire before Gambit? And what makes you think DD wont go on the offensive? If it comes down to h2h(which it would if/when DD gets close), i dont think Gambit can hang with DD in that department. Im not saying hes a slouch, but Daredevil is just more advanced in that department.

4.) I dont see why it would be a miracle for DD to win. It would be pretty easy for him to dodge Gambit's projectiles and close in on the distance between the two. Hes a better h2h combatant than Gambit. Is that Gambits only chance for victory is to charge DD's suit and kill them both? Some victory. erm
1.That is what he meant.

2.Gambit is isanely close to Bullseye and Hawkeye when he gets serious. Hitting a half millimeter object and a person with cards thrown from the same hand from 50 feet away faster than thought puts him up there.

3. If Gambit was fighting Daredevil hand to hand with no powers then Daredevil would win, but he isn't. If Daredevil blocks a staff attack, he is going to explode.

4.It would actually be harder for Daredevil to win for the same reason you think Gambit would have a difficult time winning. Daredevil has ONE way of winning. He can only depend on his hand to hand superiority to beat Gambit. Even then, getting in close on Gambit is just as risky as staying back from him.

Kontraz

daredevil can survive gambit's explosions? like i said, gambit decides POST charging the object... he has shown that he can do this, its not due to him charging it before hand (i think it used to be, but then claremont had his way, im pretty sure, and added his wonderful upgrades that everyone hates him for...) its him simply deciding, post throw, when they blow up. the charge simply determines how large of an explosion it is.

you are making decent points, but you arent taking all of it at once. no, gambit isnt good enough to tag dd with a card, and no, gambit probably wont charge a card to the point that it'll blow up a city block, but on average, his explosions are about the size of a car (not the car exploding, just the size it encompasses). but when he throws the card fast enough and accurate enough, with enough charge for the explosion to be the size of a car, and DD pulls a nice little matrix move, with the card flying only 3 feet or so away from his body (note: DD DOES NOT have super speed, and given the speed of the cards, he will not be too far away when he dodges) when the card explodes, DD will 9/10 be WELL within the blast range. so, he has endurance. good for him. he still gets hurt,which slows him down, and gambit's got a full deck... GAME OVER

jrodslam
daredevil can survive gambit's explosions? like i said, gambit decides POST charging the object... he has shown that he can do this, its not due to him charging it before hand (i think it used to be, but then claremont had his way, im pretty sure, and added his wonderful upgrades that everyone hates him for...) its him simply deciding, post throw, when they blow up. the charge simply determines how large of an explosion it is.

If DD takes the full brunt of the explosion, i have no doubts that it would ko him. You say Gambit decides "POST" charging the object? Thats the same thing ive been saying. He has to charge the object first. Daredevil would know when Gambits about to throw the object, so hed always be able to get a head start on dodging. He may didge further awya to where to object wouldnt reach. He may move in closer to where Gambit has to go into a defensive position.

but when he throws the card fast enough and accurate enough, with enough charge for the explosion to be the size of a car, and DD pulls a nice little matrix move, with the card flying only 3 feet or so away from his body (note: DD DOES NOT have super speed, and given the speed of the cards, he will not be too far away when he dodges) when the card explodes, DD will 9/10 be WELL within the blast range. so, he has endurance. good for him. he still gets hurt,which slows him down, and gambit's got a full deck... GAME OVER

Like ive said, Daredevil has been close to explosions before and hasnt been phazed by them such as cars, helicopters etc. DD amy not have Super Speed, but he has peak human speed and advanced reflexes. DD getting hurt doesnt always slow him down. His suit is kinda durable and allows him top take punishment without slowing down. Gambit may have a full deck. Hell, he may even have 2 full decks, but once DD gets in close, its a wrap for Remy.

jrodslam
It wouldn't take out Gambit too. He has charged people clothes/accessories before and the explosion didn't affect him. He is frequently is close proximity to his explosions and has never been hurt by them. One card exploded right in front of his face and blinded him but he still wasn't actually hurt. He appears to be immune to his own power.

I dont think hes immune to it at all.

1.That is what he meant.

Thats what ive been saying.

2.Gambit is isanely close to Bullseye and Hawkeye when he gets serious. Hitting a half millimeter object and a person with cards thrown from the same hand from 50 feet away faster than thought puts him up there.

Bullseye has thrown a toothpick from 100 YARDS through a window and killed someone. Gambit isnt close to Bullseye at all.

3. If Gambit was fighting Daredevil hand to hand with no powers then Daredevil would win, but he isn't. If Daredevil blocks a staff attack, he is going to explode.

Why would DD block the staff with his body? Thats why he has 2 billy clubs. that bounce off wall, cars, ground etc. He also used it to block sometimes. He can also just dodge Gambits attacks. Plus IF DD were to get hit, how would he explode? Wouldnt the staff explode too with Gambit holding it? I would understand him using it as an energy type stun. Im not sure im getting waht youre saying.

4.It would actually be harder for Daredevil to win for the same reason you think Gambit would have a difficult time winning. Daredevil has ONE way of winning. He can only depend on his hand to hand superiority to beat Gambit. Even then, getting in close on Gambit is just as risky as staying back from him.

Getting close would be more risky for Gambit that it would be for DD.

capt it up
gambit not immune to his own power at all. he freaken lsot his sight for a while becuase one of his card blow up in front of him. actauly due to gmabtis eye his own power can be very dnagerous to him.

Kontraz
If DD takes the full brunt of the explosion, i have no doubts that it would ko him. You say Gambit decides "POST" charging the object? Thats the same thing ive been saying. He has to charge the object first. Daredevil would know when Gambits about to throw the object, so hed always be able to get a head start on dodging. He may didge further awya to where to object wouldnt reach. He may move in closer to where Gambit has to go into a defensive position.

Like ive said, Daredevil has been close to explosions before and hasnt been phazed by them such as cars, helicopters etc. DD amy not have Super Speed, but he has peak human speed and advanced reflexes. DD getting hurt doesnt always slow him down. His suit is kinda durable and allows him top take punishment without slowing down. Gambit may have a full deck. Hell, he may even have 2 full decks, but once DD gets in close, its a wrap for Remy.

give me an example where a grenade, car, etc blew up just feet away from DD and he was UNINJURED. because if you cant, DD has no way at all of completely avoiding multiple explosions, and the round is over pretty quickly

jrodslam
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/323/daredevil131138la.th.jpghttp://img51.imageshack.us/img51/2825/daredevil131144wj.th.jpg
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/8827/skiss01196sm.th.jpg
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/6518/gambitv101105rougher1eo.th.jpg
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/6741/daredevil209014vs.th.jpghttp://img365.imageshack.us/img365/4155/daredevil209028qn.th.jpg
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/9578/daredevil233024qx.th.jpg
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/2307/daredevil233093xb.th.jpg
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/7149/spideyandddsenses25qu1vx.th.jpg

jrodslam
The grenade was thrown by Bullseye and yet DD was able to twist in the air to avoid the direct contact. DD was only stunned for a couple of seconds. It just doesnt get any more accurate than Bullseye.

Metalmanx
I don't have the scan, but I've seen it before...Gambit can indeed charge objects without actually touching them. As long as he is concentrating enough on what he wants to charge, the object will charge.

The scan is around here on KMC somewhere.

StyleTime
I dont think hes immune to it at all.

Bullseye has thrown a toothpick from 100 YARDS through a window and killed someone. Gambit isnt close to Bullseye at all.

Why would DD block the staff with his body? Thats why he has 2 billy clubs. that bounce off wall, cars, ground etc. He also used it to block sometimes. He can also just dodge Gambits attacks. Plus IF DD were to get hit, how would he explode? Wouldnt the staff explode too with Gambit holding it? I would understand him using it as an energy type stun. Im not sure im getting waht youre saying.

Getting close would be more risky for Gambit that it would be for DD.
Why has he never been hurt by his own explosions? If he is not immune, then he has become quite adept adept at escaping the effects of them. He should be able to do it while fighting Daredevil.

Nice comeback my friend. Bullseye has Gambit beat in accuracy. However, Gambit threw 3 cards simultaneously which ALL hit their target. This throw was also faster than thought. Daredevil will have a difficult time dealing with this.

I didn't say with his body. Blocking at all wouldn't be wise. No way can he dodge all of Gambit's attacks. Gambit is at the very least as quick and agile as Daredevil is. Also, Gambit does not have to actually combust his staff to release energy from it.

Gambit seriously seems immune to his power. Look. He uses his staff on a Wolverine android and is unharmed. Can't say the same for the droid.
http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/4485/victims4098mg.th.jpg
Originally posted by capt it up
gambit not immune to his own power at all. he freaken lsot his sight for a while becuase one of his card blow up in front of him. actauly due to gmabtis eye his own power can be very dnagerous to him.
I already said he was blinded by the card. I said he wasn't actually HURT by the card.

Look at my above pic. Gambit is never hurt by his own blasts.

metalmanx, where have you been man?

batdude123
Originally posted by Metalmanx
I don't have the scan, but I've seen it before...Gambit can indeed charge objects without actually touching them. As long as he is concentrating enough on what he wants to charge, the object will charge.

The scan is around here on KMC somewhere.

I thought that he only had that power for a little bit. I thought he had that power taken away from him and he has to touch things now. If he still had it, it would defeat the whole purpose of the cards.

meep-meep
The grenade was thrown by Bullseye and yet DD was able to twist in the air to avoid the direct contact. DD was only stunned for a couple of seconds. It just doesnt get any more accurate than Bullseye.

You have a good point but did Bullseye throw multiple grenades directly at DD one after another in extremely quick succession? My point isn't that DD couldn't dodge some of Gambit's cards. He definitely can. I doubt he can dodge 52 of them, though.

Also, I'm going to question the whole Bullseye throwing a toothpick one hundred yards, through a car window, then killing the occupant of the car. Does Bullseye have some degree of superhuman strength and speed? Cause if he doesn't there is no way I can see him doing this, no matter how good of a shot he is. Even if it did happen I suspect that the writer and artist just wanted to do something "cool" without really understanding Bullseyes potential. If Bullseye had this sort of ability DD would have died long ago.

jrodslam
Why has he never been hurt by his own explosions? If he is not immune, then he has become quite adept adept at escaping the effects of them. He should be able to do it while fighting Daredevil.

Nice comeback my friend. Bullseye has Gambit beat in accuracy. However, Gambit threw 3 cards simultaneously which ALL hit their target. This throw was also faster than thought. Daredevil will have a difficult time dealing with this.

I didn't say with his body. Blocking at all wouldn't be wise. No way can he dodge all of Gambit's attacks. Gambit is at the very least as quick and agile as Daredevil is. Also, Gambit does not have to actually combust his staff to release energy from it.

Gambit seriously seems immune to his power. Look. He uses his staff on a Wolverine android and is unharmed. Can't say the same for the droid.
http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/4485/victims4098mg.th.jpg

I already said he was blinded by the card. I said he wasn't actually HURT by the card.

Look at my above pic. Gambit is never hurt by his own blasts.

I dont know why hes never been hurt by his explosions besides the eye incident. I would agree that he escaped the effects when they are thrown.

Gambit throwing cards at the same time wouldnt be anything new to DD. Hes used to avoiding multiple attaks. Like ive said, Gambit cant throw with the speed and power of Bullseye. Daredevil would have an easier time dodging Remy. The multiple explosions would cause a problem if DD didnt know where they were coming and going. However he does. That gives him enough time to get clear.

If Daredevil is fighting at his full potential, hes very well capable of dodging every attack. Gambit may be as agile and as quick but like ive said in other debates, hed always be a step ahead of Gambit. Gambit may have the athletic ability to keep up with DD, but he doesnt have the combat ability to.

In the pic you posted, i looks as if Gambit didnt charge the staff at all. He charged and threw the card and it got stuck in the droids body. He then used the staff to shove the card into the body more. Also in the pic, the card was never detonated, so Gambit didnt really take a blast.

When Gambit was blinded by the card, it hurt.
http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/5575/scardexplodesinface8tg.th.jpg

Wally West
I think DareDevil would take this, if he can handle Bullseye, he can handle Gambit. DareDevil is badass.

StyleTime
Gambit throwing cards at the same time wouldnt be anything new to DD. Hes used to avoiding multiple attaks. Like ive said, Gambit cant throw with the speed and power of Bullseye. Daredevil would have an easier time dodging Remy. The multiple explosions would cause a problem if DD didnt know where they were coming and going. However he does. That gives him enough time to get clear.

If Daredevil is fighting at his full potential, hes very well capable of dodging every attack. Gambit may be as agile and as quick but like ive said in other debates, hed always be a step ahead of Gambit. Gambit may have the athletic ability to keep up with DD, but he doesnt have the combat ability to.

In the pic you posted, i looks as if Gambit didnt charge the staff at all. He charged and threw the card and it got stuck in the droids body. He then used the staff to shove the card into the body more. Also in the pic, the card was never detonated, so Gambit didnt really take a blast.

When Gambit was blinded by the card, it hurt.
http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/5575/scardexplodesinface8tg.th.jpg
Gambit can throw faster than thought. I'm not exactly sure how fast Bullseye throws, but that is pretty damn fast. If Gambit is fighting at full potential, he should be able to dodge or block every one of Daredevil's attacks. You're not giving Gambit enough credit. He has tangled with Blade, who used two swords, and didn't even get hit once. Gambit actually had the upperhand at the end. His combat ability, when combined with everything else he has, is enough to put him on at least Daredevil's level.

Those were different robots.

He said it burned. I'm sure your eyes do burn when you are blinded by a huge flash of light.

AcousticDoc
My vote goes to DD as well. It wouldn't be an easy fight, but he'll find a way to pull it off.

capt it up
Gambit can throw faster than thought. I'm not exactly sure how fast Bullseye throws, but that is pretty damn fast. If Gambit is fighting at full potential, he should be able to dodge or block every one of Daredevil's attacks. You're not giving Gambit enough credit. He has tangled with Blade, who used two swords, and didn't even get hit once. Gambit actually had the upperhand at the end. His combat ability, when combined with everything else he has, is enough to put him on at least Daredevil's level.

He said it burned. I'm sure your eyes do burn when you are blinded by a huge flash of light.
fighting blade is not that impressive.
gambit can not throw his cards faster then the speed of thoguht that impossable. to through he cards he have to think meaning at best he throws it at the speed of thought which is still a stretch.

Black Rob
gambit can not throw his cards faster then the speed of thoguht that impossable. to through he cards he have to think meaning at best he throws it at the speed of thought which is still a stretch. fighting Blade is not impressive? http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=390137&highlight=Blade

and he's physically superior to a human in EVERY aspect,unlike Daredevil

Kontraz
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/323/daredevil131138la.th.jpghttp://img51.imageshack.us/img51/2825/daredevil131144wj.th.jpg
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/8827/skiss01196sm.th.jpg
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/6518/gambitv101105rougher1eo.th.jpg
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/6741/daredevil209014vs.th.jpghttp://img365.imageshack.us/img365/4155/daredevil209028qn.th.jpg
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/9578/daredevil233024qx.th.jpg
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/2307/daredevil233093xb.th.jpg
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/7149/spideyandddsenses25qu1vx.th.jpg

in all of those, except for the grenade one, the exploding object was AT LEAST 10 ft away. now... take the grenade pic... make it 5 greades instead of 1, make each explosion at least 2x the size of that explosion, and make them moving much faster toward DD... thats what gambit throwing his cards would be like... and if that lone grenade wsa able to stun DD like that, 5 cards or so would do him in.

StyleTime
gambit can not throw his cards faster then the speed of thoguht that impossable. to through he cards he have to think meaning at best he throws it at the speed of thought which is still a stretch.
It's not a stretch at all actually. Detective Tanaka had her thumb on the detonate button of a switch in her hand. If she simply pressed down on said button, the entire city she and Gambit were in would explode. Gambit was standing 50 feet away and still managed to draw 3 cards, charge, throw, and have them all hit their targets before she could simply...press down. She only needed to press down at the mere sight of Gambit even moving, yet he was able to fully complete an attack before she could even react. The cards had to travel 50 feet to get to her as well, so they going faster than thought. If they went any slower, she would have noticed and pressed her thumb down.

capt it up
It's not a stretch at all actually. Detective Tanaka had her thumb on the detonate button of a switch in her hand. If she simply pressed down on said button, the entire city she and Gambit were in would explode. Gambit was standing 50 feet away and still managed to draw 3 cards, charge, throw, and have them all hit their targets before she could simply...press down. She only needed to press down at the mere sight of Gambit even moving, yet he was able to fully complete an attack before she could even react. The cards had to travel 50 feet to get to her as well, so they going faster than thought. If they went any slower, she would have noticed and pressed her thumb down.
no thats moving faster then she can react which is not that big of a deal since he does have peakhuman reflexes and superhuman agility.
also thats one feat last time i checked u need 3 other feets like this to be consider use able.

capt it up
fighting Blade is not impressive? http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=390137&highlight=Blade

and he's physically superior to a human in EVERY aspect,unlike Daredevil
he for a long time wa sonly peakhuman so it depends on when he fought blade.

jrodslam
in all of those, except for the grenade one, the exploding object was AT LEAST 10 ft away. now... take the grenade pic... make it 5 greades instead of 1, make each explosion at least 2x the size of that explosion, and make them moving much faster toward DD... thats what gambit throwing his cards would be like... and if that lone grenade wsa able to stun DD like that, 5 cards or so would do him in.

Not all of those explosions were 10ft + away. Plus even if they were, that would be more of an explosion that Gambit does on the regular. In the grenade instance, it was thrown by Bullseye. Daredevil works to dodge some of Bullseyes attacks because they travel at such high speeds. You say Gambit would trow a object fater than Bullseye? Youre truly mistaken.

jrodslam

It was the same robot. He trew the card then ran up on the robot and shoved it in with the staff.

Yea he said it burned. He also screamed AHHHHh! Screaming in pain. And if you notice, Gambit had red burn marks on his face. I know if im blinded by a huge flashlight, my face doesnt get burned and i dont scream about how much it burns.

StyleTime
no thats moving faster then she can react which is not that big of a deal since he does have peakhuman reflexes and superhuman agility.
also thats one feat last time i checked u need 3 other feets like this to be consider use able.
You'd be right IF he was not standing fifty feet away. The cards had to travel that after he pulled them out and threw them. She should have been able to press down on a button if they were moving slower than she could think.
It was the same robot. He trew the card then ran up on the robot and shoved it in with the staff.

Yea he said it burned. He also screamed AHHHHh! Screaming in pain. And if you notice, Gambit had red burn marks on his face. I know if im blinded by a huge flashlight, my face doesnt get burned and i dont scream about how much it burns.
It wasn't same robot. The card landed in the first robot's neck. Gambit shoves his staff into the abdomen of the other robot. Not to mention, he can't shove a card into metal. The cards don't get harder when charged. Even if it was the same robot (which is isn't), the explosion is still inconsequential to Gambit. It's the same distance from his face that the card was that blinded him, yet it didn't hurt him. Him being blinded should never have happened, but he had just gotten his powers back. Maybe his "immunity" hadn't completely returned.

The red marks could have been ash from the card or maybe his "imunity" hadn't come back. It is actually quite reasonable to scream about how much it burns if your eyes get a burning sensation from being invaded by a high intesity wave of light.

capt it up
who saying she saw him throw the card? it pritty hard to see a card. also ar eu saying he throw a card at the speed of though im sorry but that impossable due to his strength level it quite impossable.

StyleTime
who saying she saw him throw the card? it pritty hard to see a card. also ar eu saying he throw a card at the speed of though im sorry but that impossable due to his strength level it quite impossable.
She was staring directly at him man. She defintely saw it. I don't have the scans on my computer and I have no scanner to speak of right now or I'd show you. Trust me though. She was looking directly at Gambit from the time he drew the cards to the time they hit her and her switch.

I agree on the strength part, BUT Bullseye doesn't have superstrength and he throws toothpicks from 100 yd away. Gambit only threw from 50 ft away, so his reflexes may allow him enough speed to actually propel the card. What is Bullseye's excuse?

jrodslam
It wasn't same robot. The card landed in the first robot's neck. Gambit shoves his staff into the abdomen of the other robot. Not to mention, he can't shove a card into metal. The cards don't get harder when charged. Even if it was the same robot (which is isn't), the explosion is still inconsequential to Gambit. It's the same distance from his face that the card was that blinded him, yet it didn't hurt him. Him being blinded should never have happened, but he had just gotten his powers back. Maybe his "immunity" hadn't completely returned.

The red marks could have been ash from the card or maybe his "imunity" hadn't come back. It is actually quite reasonable to scream about how much it burns if your eyes get a burning sensation from being invaded by a high intesity wave of light.

It looks exactly like the same robot to me. If its a different robot, why wasnt the first one destroyed? Reason for it being the same robot is because when he threw the card in the throat, he noiticed it didnt work. Thats when he threw another card and choved it deep in the robots cheast. Notice how hes still on the first robot and there are 2 others behind that first one. Its not clear that he got rid of the first one. Thats my reason for saying its the same robot. And it doesnt look like hes charging the staff at all.

The red marks werent from ash. It was from the card blowing up in his face. The red marks were the burn marks from the energy explosion.

Kontraz
Not all of those explosions were 10ft + away. Plus even if they were, that would be more of an explosion that Gambit does on the regular. In the grenade instance, it was thrown by Bullseye. Daredevil works to dodge some of Bullseyes attacks because they travel at such high speeds. You say Gambit would trow a object fater than Bullseye? Youre truly mistaken.

bullseye threw one grenade... gambit would throw multiple cards, each of which would move faster (yes, maybe not as accurate, but definately faster, as all the objects passive energy is turned into KINETIC), and all the cards would have larger explosions than the grenade. in short....

blowup

dare devil asplodes!!!

Kontraz
She was staring directly at him man. She defintely saw it. I don't have the scans on my computer and I have no scanner to speak of right now or I'd show you. Trust me though. She was looking directly at Gambit from the time he drew the cards to the time they hit her and her switch.

I agree on the strength part, BUT Bullseye doesn't have superstrength and he throws toothpicks from 100 yd away. Gambit only threw from 50 ft away, so his reflexes may allow him enough speed to actually propel the card. What is Bullseye's excuse?

its not a strength issue... gambit converts all of the objects potential energy to kinetic. basically, he makes every molecule in the object move as fast as it possibly can.... resulting in the object moving insanely fast, then exploding

edit: which is how he can move his staff as fast and fluidly as he does without being nearly that fast naturally.

capt it up

true but I thinking bull eye has some sort of power lol.

Accel
Bullseye is uber.

Read my sig to find out how.

capt it up
Originally posted by Accel
Bullseye is uber.

lol ya but we all know ennis right s a lot of fullish crap

jrodslam
bullseye threw one grenade... gambit would throw multiple cards, each of which would move faster (yes, maybe not as accurate, but definately faster, as all the objects passive energy is turned into KINETIC), and all the cards would have larger explosions than the grenade. in short....

blowup

dare devil asplodes!!!

Bullseye threw one grenade because thats all he thought would be needed. I believe that was their first or second encounter ever. Remember, Bullseye doesnt miss(save for when hes fighting DD), so usually one of anything is needed. Plus Bullseye does usually have cards as well, but can use other things just as well. Gambit doesnt throw with more speed, power and accuracy than Bullseye. Gambit CAN charge all the cards to have a larger explosion than the grenade, but on a normal basis, he doesnt do it, so overall, the grenade IS a bigger explosion that a normal charged Gambit card.

jrodslam
Bit of Bullseye speed and accuracy.

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/8853/daredevilthetargetbk01196sp.th.jpghttp://img86.imageshack.us/img86/1322/daredevilthetargetbk01208pj.th.jpg

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/1300/daredevil132028sv.th.jpg
Note: Daredevil mainly uses his radar to dodge projectiles like bullets and such. Bullseye's throwing speed is like that. DD mentions that anyone else wouldnt be able to move fast enough to avoid them.

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/8638/daredevil172065rb.th.jpg

StyleTime
its not a strength issue... gambit converts all of the objects potential energy to kinetic. basically, he makes every molecule in the object move as fast as it possibly can.... resulting in the object moving insanely fast, then exploding

edit: which is how he can move his staff as fast and fluidly as he does without being nearly that fast naturally.
Gambit has slightly enhanced phsyical abilties. The objects move fast because he moves fast.
Yeah lol.
Originally posted by Accel
Bullseye is uber.

Bullseye is ugly though.
The red marks werent from ash. It was from the card blowing up in his face. The red marks were the burn marks from the energy explosion.
As I said, his "immunity" may not have come back. If I recall correctly, he just got his powers back shortly before that happened.

jrodslam
Gambit had his powers back issues before. I assume if he got his powers back, his immunity should come with them as well. erm

Thats like Iceman losing his powers and gettng them back, but being susceptible to the cold.

StyleTime
Note: Daredevil mainly uses his radar to dodge projectiles like bullets and such. Bullseye's throwing speed is like that. DD mentions that anyone else wouldnt be able to move fast enough to avoid them.

Dodging those is impressive, but Bullseye didn't throw anything with an area of effect. Gambit can throw faster than a normal can dodge too....with poker chips.....while being shot at.
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/6285/xmen20unlimited2020003094se.th.jpg
He even cuts their wires while in mid-air with poker chips...and is still being shot at.
http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/268/xmen20unlimited2020003102qt.th.jpg
Gambit had his powers back issues before. I assume if he got his powers back, his immunity should come with them as well. erm

Thats like Iceman losing his powers and gettng them back, but being susceptible to the cold.
I thought we established that Gambit may just be adept at escaping his power's effects. The reason I put "immunity" in quotes was because I didn't mean he was neccessarily physically invunerable to his own powers. It's reasonable that he would screw up after being rusty with his abilities. Of course, the writers could have just wanted to make a story where he is blind and ignored his "immunity".(Much like they ignore his abilities when he fights Wolverine)

jrodslam
Dodging those is impressive, but Bullseye didn't throw anything with an area of effect. Gambit can throw faster than a normal can dodge too....with poker chips.....while being shot at.
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/6285/xmen20unlimited2020003094se.th.jpg

Thats not really impressive. Gambit first threw the chip less that 3 feet away. The second time, he hit behind the guy then came out and threw it. Once again he was only about 5 feet away from the guy shooting blindly with the gun. They werent trying to dodge, they were just standing there.

I thought we established that Gambit may just be adept at escaping his power's effects. The reason I put "immunity" in quotes was because I didn't mean he was neccessarily physically invunerable to his own powers. It's reasonable that he would screw up after being rusty with his abilities. Of course, the writers could have just wanted to make a story where he is blind and ignored his "immunity".(Much like they ignore his abilities when he fights Wolverine)

I agree that he woujld be adept at escaping his power's effects. Why? Because hes not immune to them. Even in the scan you showed with the robot, it was clear that Gambit stood a nice distance away with his staff. He didnt want to feel the effects of the card blowing up.

StyleTime
Thats not really impressive. Gambit first threw the chip less that 3 feet away. The second time, he hit behind the guy then came out and threw it. Once again he was only about 5 feet away from the guy shooting blindly with the gun. They werent trying to dodge, they were just standing there.

I agree that he woujld be adept at escaping his power's effects. Why? Because hes not immune to them. Even in the scan you showed with the robot, it was clear that Gambit stood a nice distance away with his staff. He didnt want to feel the effects of the card blowing up.
Daredevil doesn't much, if any, farther away than these guys were. I only showed these because Daredevil said any normal man can't dodge Bullseye's stuff. Bullseye was also throwing bowling pins whereas Gambit used poker chips. That should even out the minor difference in distances between Gambit and Bullseye's targets.

I am fine saying Gambit can escape his power. Although, the robot wasn't any farther away than the blinding card he threw.

jrodslam
Daredevil doesn't much, if any, farther away than these guys were. I only showed these because Daredevil said any normal man can't dodge Bullseye's stuff. Bullseye was also throwing bowling pins whereas Gambit used poker chips. That should even out the minor difference in distances between Gambit and Bullseye's targets.

I am fine saying Gambit can escape his power. Although, the robot wasn't any farther away than the blinding card he threw.

The only reason Daredevil is able to dodge Bullseye so well is because of the radar sense. If daredevil didnt have that, he would have been toast a long time ago. Because Gambit doesnt throw with the spped and accuracy of Bullseye, it only right to assume that Daredevil would dodge Gambit's projectiles alot easier than Bullseye's.

I do agree with Gambit being able to escape his own power. But i dontthink he agree on the reasons for him doing so. The robot appeared to be a few feet furter that the card Gambit was HOLDING. He never got to throw the card that blew up. It blew up in his face while he was still holding it.

StyleTime
The only reason Daredevil is able to dodge Bullseye so well is because of the radar sense. If daredevil didnt have that, he would have been toast a long time ago. Because Gambit doesnt throw with the spped and accuracy of Bullseye, it only right to assume that Daredevil would dodge Gambit's projectiles alot easier than Bullseye's.

I do agree with Gambit being able to escape his own power. But i dontthink he agree on the reasons for him doing so. The robot appeared to be a few feet furter that the card Gambit was HOLDING. He never got to throw the card that blew up. It blew up in his face while he was still holding it.
If Bullseye had been throwing multiple explosives at the range, he should have hit Daredevil. I am not saying Gambit is totally as accurate as Bullseye, BUT at less than 50 feet away, the differences in their accuracy will be negligible. Gambit is accurate to the millimeter under 50 ft and throws faster than someone without extra senses can react at that range. Daredevil will dodge some of the cards but they will catch up to him after a few just like if Bullseye had been throwing explosives instead of bowling pins.

Ok.

Kontraz

gambit doesnt throw as accurate, but he does throw with more speed. his power charges the molecules and transfers all of its potential energy into kinetic. basically, he makes the object move as fast as physically possible without actually exploding.... then surpasses even that.

jrodslam
If Bullseye had been throwing multiple explosives at the range, he should have hit Daredevil. I am not saying Gambit is totally as accurate as Bullseye, BUT at less than 50 feet away, the differences in their accuracy will be negligible. Gambit is accurate to the millimeter under 50 ft and throws faster than someone without extra senses can react at that range. Daredevil will dodge some of the cards but they will catch up to him after a few just like if Bullseye had been throwing explosives instead of bowling pins.

Ok.

If Bullseye would have been throwing multiple explosives, Daredevil would have figured out a different way to dodge. The whole senario would have been different. Most superheroes who throw things as a specialty or have good aim, can hit someone without extra senses faster than they can react. Captain America, Punisher, Daredevil, Elektra, Bullseye, Gambit etc. Daredevil would dodge most of the cards Gambit would throw at him. You make it seem as if hes just going to be dodging all fight. Much like Bullseye, Darredevil would dodge Gambit's projectiles and get close to where his opponent is at a disadvantage.

jrodslam
gambit doesnt throw as accurate, but he does throw with more speed. his power charges the molecules and transfers all of its potential energy into kinetic. basically, he makes the object move as fast as physically possible without actually exploding.... then surpasses even that.

Gambit throws with more spped that Bullseye? no
Bullseye throws with more speed, power and accuracy than Gambit does.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>