Reformatting from vista to XP

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SpikeSpiegel
I've been trying to reformat my computer to remove the crap which is Windows Vista and put XP back on it, but it won't let me. Whenever I put in the XP disk, load from the disk, and get to the install windows bit it keeps saying "There are no hard disks on this computer, please attatch hard disks and try again, press F3 to quit". Now, obviously there are hard disks there, but it's not finding them. So what am I doing wrong? Or have Microsoft changed the method of reformatting computers so people are stuck with Vista forever?

Utrigita
You isn't doing anything wrong that is just the way it is you cannot install XP when Vista had been previously installed one of my friends tried that, seperated his harddisk into two and then installed XP and then Vista I think we battled with that computer for 4 hours until we could kick XP out again and Vista afterwards then we installed Vista and XP and then everything was fine so that is my suggestion seperate you harddisk and then install Vista to one and XP to the second harddrive, then kick Vista out and keep XP it should in theory be possible.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.