What would the DCU be like if Superman hadn't come back?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Entity
What would today's DCU be like if Superman hadn't returned form his death by Doomsday? How would the heroes and villain's have changed differently?

I think they should make a whole parallel universe under this concept. One of the 52!

Opps wrong forum! embarrasment
could someone please fix? Honest mistake.

Gecko4lif
The D would stand for darkseid

Erik-Lensherr
That would be interesting

Endless Mike
Superboy would probably become the new Superman

CaptainStoic
I always felt that Valor would have made a good Superman.

Endless Mike
No, scratch that, wouldn't Mongul and Cyborg have succeeded in turning Earth into the new War World?

Burning thought
a good comic

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Entity
What would today's DCU be like if Superman hadn't returned form his death by Doomsday? How would the heroes and villain's have changed differently?

I think they should make a whole parallel universe under this concept. One of the 52!

Much as I think this idea is interesting, it violates something that DC has taken great pains to point out and highlight. Alex Luthor said it best: "For some reason I can't explain or understand, and probably never will...........EVERYTHING comes from SUPERMAN."
http://img312.imageshack.us/img312/8407/scan00252mw.th.jpg

Yep, it's canon. Supes is the lynchpin for the multiverse. big grin superdur

Validus
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Much as I think this idea is interesting, it violates something that DC has taken great pains to point out and highlight. Alex Luthor said it best: "For some reason I can't explain or understand, and probably never will...........EVERYTHING comes from SUPERMAN."
http://img312.imageshack.us/img312/8407/scan00252mw.th.jpg

Yep, it's canon. Supes is the lynchpin for the multiverse. big grin superdur
Did you just want to post that scan because it really doesn't have anything to do with the thread?

lando005
it would be a much better place ):~)

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Validus
Did you just want to post that scan because it really doesn't have anything to do with the thread?

I have no idea what you are talking about. big grin stoned

Rorschach

nvrbeenwthagirl
Better.

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by lando005
it would be a much better place ):~)

i second this

SpiderGauntlet
No more dickery on his account. But they probably wouldn't survive the attack from imperiex. Or the world is cast into darkness by Hank.

roughrider
It would have become more like the Marvel Universe; not having a messiah-like kansas farmboy around to constantly solve everyone's problems.
Captain Marvel & Captain Atom would probably head the top of the food chain, then.

endrict
I would get this series if it has good art.

Or what if Supes turned evil?

roughrider
Originally posted by endrict
I would get this series if it has good art.

Or what if Supes turned evil?

That's what the stories with Ultra Man & The Crime Syndicate of Amerika are for.

Avlon
Black Zero would have taken over.

That's what happened in nearly every other reality in which Superman did not return.

willRules
Originally posted by Entity

If you like this concept you might like JLA the Nail (An elseworld's story where Superman was never discovered by Martha and Johnathan Kent) yes

Here's a thread on it.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=461639

WrathfulDwarf
Possible scenerios...

Legion of Supermen continues.

Henshaw eventually takes over (no chance for Kon El to be the succesor)

JLA disband.

Coast City is never destroyed.

Hal remains GL (the question here is would he eventually become Parallax)

Finally...The Spectre uses Clark's body as a host.

roughrider
Just remember - outside of the comics world, there's been a long-running court battle about ownership of Superman & related properties; the relatives & estates of Jerry Siegel & Joe Shuster vs. DC Comics. There's been a small chance of Supes leaving DC for years now, as a result. Imagine him moving to Marvel Comics. eek! What kind of storyline could DC create to say goodbye to him?

Mindship
Bruce and Diana would have sex.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.