Kratos v.s. Hayabusa

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sol Valentine
http://www.joystiq.com/media/2006/05/kratos_GoW2.jpg

v.s.

http://www.armchairempire.com/images/feature-articles/Weekly-Top-10/best-ninjas/ryu-hayabusa.jpg

Round 1:GOW 1 Kratos v.s. X-Box Original Hayabusa
Round 2:GOW 2 Kratos(No immortality) v.s. Ninja Gaiden Sigma Hayabusa.

Who wins?

Remindme
.......interesting

Remindme
was just refreshing on their respect threads, what can Kratos down against Ryu's superior speed?

Sol Valentine
Immense strength and access to magic from the Greek Gods.

Remindme
I know, but Ryu might be too fast IMO, but his sword is immensely powerful

Sol Valentine
If Kratos gets a good shot with Medusa's gaze, Hayabusa's f*cked.

Remindme
Originally posted by Sol Valentine
If Kratos gets a good shot with Medusa's gaze, Hayabusa's f*cked.

no doubt, but, would he get it in?

I don't know Ryu well enough to call IMO, so I'll leave it open for someone with more Info on Ryu to call

shin_gear
Kratos vs. Hayabusa is retarded.

Sol Valentine
oh really?

Longinus
Ryu's fast but people make it seem as if he is Flash or Hotsuma, teleportation and instaneous aren't powers he normally exhibits. There is ample time for Kratos to summon magic etc. Not only that but kratos has the range advantage but I will submit that Ryu does have the advantage in typical h2h combat. I say Ryu takes this 6/10.

shin_gear
LOL @ Kratos in H2H combat. stick out tongue

Remindme
IMO if to goes to combat Kratos stomps all over Ryu.

Ryu's only chance is to keep Kratos at range, where i think Ryu holds an advantage

Csdabest
Ryu Has Range Advantage as well. Kunais, explosive Kunais, Explosive Errors,regular arrows, Legendary Windmill Shuriken.(I hear it getting a wind element in NG2 not sure). Ryu has Magic as well within all elements basicly. All of them give him a magical defense until he completes it. Art of the:Hurricane,Inferno,Inzuma,Ice Storm, and Fire Wheel. Fire Wheel is my favorite for close range because it gives added damage and sets a blaze to anyone who gets near him. Ryu's agility also gives him a manner and most likely would dogdge and manuver around Kratos attacks with ease.

Csdabest
Oh Art of the Spirit Clone one of My favorite Ninpos

Longinus
Ryu has the advantage in h2h combat because of his superior speed, the chained blades of Athena will keep Ryu from casting any ninpo hence Kratos' range advantage. However if Ryu is able to evade and dodge and bring the fight close then he will win

Remindme

Longinus
How is Kratos being strong going to stop him from getting sliced up by Ryu's blade, when I meant h2h I meant like up close blade fighting. I guess that was an error on my part. But ok, let me correct myself, up close blade to blade Ryu would slaughter Kratos. No offense but Kratos would still have a hard time beating Ryu in h2h too, strength can only take you so far, Ryu although not on lvl of Kratos has great strength and is inarguably the quicker of the two.

Csdabest
Explain to me why the Chained Blades of Athena will keep Ryu from performing Ninpo. Art of the Inazuma electrify Kratos to a crisp fleshyly and through the metal. Ryu has the range advanatge. And Has all advantages over Kratos

Longinus
I'm saying that Ryu would be too preoccupied in dodging Kratos blades to be worrying/putting himself in danger by summoning nippo. He mess around and get his head lopped off. If Kratos blocks arrows and fireballs and torrents of water he is definatley blocking kunai and other stuff that would buy Ryu enough time to perform a ninpo attack against other opponets.

Remindme
Originally posted by Longinus
How is Kratos being strong going to stop him from getting sliced up by Ryu's blade, when I meant h2h I meant like up close blade fighting. I guess that was an error on my part. But ok, let me correct myself, up close blade to blade Ryu would slaughter Kratos. No offense but Kratos would still have a hard time beating Ryu in h2h too, strength can only take you so far, Ryu although not on lvl of Kratos has great strength and is inarguably the quicker of the two.

I know what you mean by hand to hand, and Kratos would demolish Ryu in h2h

don't underestimate someone stronger and with better h2h range

gwaUIShOM54

Longinus
Sorry but since you mean what I was implying then no I can't agree with you lol. You can't defeat what you can't touch. Kratos is FAR too slow in h2h to hang with Ryu. Like I said earlier, strength won't play a big part in that instance. The same would be true if it was Dante in place of Ryu, except that Dante is arguably stronger than Kratos.

Csdabest
Ryu Throws an Explosive Multiple Explosive Kunai and the explosion force knocks away his blades. Ryu Gains some distance using his speed. uses art of ther Fire Wheel Goes in up close and fries Kratos

Art of the Inazuma. He performed Kratos swings his Blade*metal Blade* smacks Ryu electrical feidl and gets fried by the electtricity only to get a follow up voltage.

Art of the Inferno. Ryu puts some distance between Kratos. summons up the ninpo and fires it quickly at long range and Fires Kratos

Art of the Ice storm Kratos swing his blades and gets blown away abit and gets turned into a large block of ice. Ryu slices and severes in half.

Art of the Hurricane. Ryu Gets up glows blows Kratos away and Kratos gets diced into peices.

Art of the Spirit Clone. Ryu makes multiple copies that are just as strong as him and Kratos gets outnumbered by somone who was already strong and deadlier than him. And gets sliced and mutilated by multiple copies.

Now add that with ryu weaponry Skill speed and strength. and Kratos is toast.

Ryubusa 8.5 or 9/10 win

Remindme
Sorry but since you mean what I was implying then no I can't agree with you lol. You can't defeat what you can't touch. Kratos is FAR too slow in h2h to hang with Ryu. Like I said earlier, strength won't play a big part in that instance. The same would be true if it was Dante in place of Ryu, except that Dante is arguably stronger than Kratos.

Oh really? then proof would be no problem

and where in god names did you get the impression Dante was stronger than Kratos? unless your talking about super sparda

Longinus
Are you going to honestly say that Kratos is as fast as Ryu, if so then it's you who needs to provide the proof not me. Regarding Dante it's an opinion but I think he's stronger...I have no proof and just my opinion.

Csdabest
The Day Ryu gets Demolished h2h by Kratos is the day God of War is a harder game than Ninja Gaiden on Master Ninja. Kratos is not even know and is rarely shown hand to hand combat. Ryubusa beat Baron spider in h2h, and has been shown to handle people who are just as fast maybe faster and stronger than him with his skills in h2h combat. Also I have been thinking lately Does Ryubusa have telekensis. I know he cut that boulder he was on in Ninja Gaiden but did he use Telekenesis to keep it suspeneded and move it around. If so. Then Ryubusa has more power than I known.

Remindme
Are you going to honestly say that Kratos is as fast as Ryu, if so then it's you who needs to provide the proof not me. Regarding Dante it's an opinion but I think he's stronger...I have no proof and just my opinion.

I said no such thing, I said i don't think Ryu is so fast he can beat Kratos is H2H and i provided proof, it's your turn.

Trust me, Dante is not even on the same level of Strength as Kratos, niether is Ryu

shin_gear
Originally posted by Csdabest
The Day Ryu gets Demolished h2h by Kratos is the day God of War is a harder game than Ninja Gaiden on Master Ninja. Kratos is not even know and is rarely shown hand to hand combat. Ryubusa beat Baron spider in h2h, and has been shown to handle people who are just as fast maybe faster and stronger than him with his skills in h2h combat. Also I have been thinking lately Does Ryubusa have telekensis. I know he cut that boulder he was on in Ninja Gaiden but did he use Telekenesis to keep it suspeneded and move it around. If so. Then Ryubusa has more power than I known. Yeah I always thought about that too. stick out tongue

He can levitate and control objects with an unfamiliar ninpo.

Csdabest
That wasnt actualy Proof. All that was shown in the video was Kratos slicing people up with his sword in close range. With once and awhile yanking someone off with brute strength. That doesnt classify as h2h experience in my book.

Longinus
How is Dante not, you have no proof only your opinion. Just because Kratos can lift the jaws of the Hydra and escape the grip of a colossus doesn't make him any stronger than Dante, I'd love to see Kratos handle that motorcycle the way Dante did in DMC3 as if it were a damn feather.

Remindme
That wasnt actualy Proof. All that was shown in the video was Kratos slicing people up with his sword in close range. With once and awhile yanking someone off with brute strength. That doesnt classify as h2h experience in my book.

Pb2fo7BX61o

_5YBl0QJERQ

shin_gear
He probably could. Anyway, I think Super Sparde Dante is above Kratos. Then there's God Kratos who I believe would be his superior, but I'm not sure of any abilities of Kratos in that form.

Longinus
Not understanding why people think GOd Kratos is this mighty dude. Ares was a god and looked what happened to his ass, killed by a mortal who grew to the same height as him...big whoop. Dante could take hime. Regardless Dante would win, his combo of speed, strength, DT and durability give him the definate edge.

Csdabest
Only thing i see Kratos doing is slamming and punching. I can do basicly all the combat manuvers Kratos did in that video....maybe not surivive the drop put the slaming somehead into the ground is basicly nothing. Ryu would Pwn the shit out of Kratos with Speed Skill, and strength, Even though Kratos is strong He is not a contender in the Hand to Hand combat department.

Csdabest
And Kratos running around on Jungle Gym bosses. I think its easier to run around on a jungle gym then to fight someone who is faster than you and almost as strong

Remindme
What evidence do you have that suggest Ryu is nearly as strong???

Csdabest
That he sliced through a helicopter and Air craft. Im sorry But you need strength to do that. And What proof do you Have that Kratos is fastly stronger that Ryu. Ryu overpowered Greater fiends. Kratos would get torn to shreads by Ryubusa in hand2hand and it will get further proven not only in the next DOA game but also in Ninja gaiden 2 with those claws. Im Sorry but Kratos gets outclassed here in basicly every department but strength.

I really wanna know what the hell Ryu used to levitate that rock he floated on. he chanted something to slice the boulder from the ground but said nothing to make it levitate. Its mind botteling. You know when you thoughts get all trapped inside like a bottle.

Remindme
That he sliced through a helicopter and Air craft. Im sorry But you need strength to do that. And What proof do you Have that Kratos is fastly stronger that Ryu. Ryu overpowered Greater fiends. Kratos would get torn to shreads by Ryubusa in hand2hand and it will get further proven not only in the next DOA game but also in Ninja gaiden 2 with those claws. Im Sorry but Kratos gets outclassed here in basicly every department but strength.

I really wanna know what the hell Ryu used to levitate that rock he floated on. he chanted something to slice the boulder from the ground but said nothing to make it levitate. Its mind botteling. You know when you thoughts get all trapped inside like a bottle.

Slicing through a helicopter is comparable to titan strength....HOW!?!?

Probably something you see in the next game, hope it is *pictures a rock the sized of a skyscraper pwning bad guys* ahhh....

Csdabest
I didnt say he was as strong. Im saying that Ryu is not completely weak. He clenly sliced through a full helicopter no drag lag. Without the TDS. He beat Baron spider in Hand to hand combat. Which is basicly a giant humanoid spider with with 6 huge hands arms. Bear handed. Ryu is no where near the likes of being weak. How about this. Prove to me that Ryubusa is as weak as you say he is. And please Explain how Kratos with strength alone will demolish Ryubusa in hand to hand when he is not greatly super omgawd stronger than Ryu. Ryu counters and actually uses skills and technique when he fights. I seen kratos do nothing but punch away and slam into a wall. Most oif his "h2h" combat was conjuctioned with weapon use. Kratos is not a h2h fight and would get torn apart by Ryubusa

First_Tsurugi06
Kratos annihilates Ryu Hayabusa 8/10.

Burning thought
Kratos is demi-god here isnt he?, so i think Ryu has a good chance in beating Kratos, Kratos has nifty powers like Rage of the gods if he can use it to be invulerable, he is fairly tough and one of the strongest demi-gods i know of, not the level of Herc imho but Kratos himself is a beast and can dish out the pain with his blades, but speed of Ryu may take him a little out of the picture, he also has many AOE attacks like chronos rage and perhaps Euryales AOE stare, mainly because no matter the speed of Ryu, AOE is AOE and if it hits him, hes done for, but i think hes going to damage Kratos a lot

and whos that longinus guy, he doesnt come here any more i take it, not seen him lol, what a joke, Dante strength>Kratos? lol, no form of Dante imo, Suepr sparda or otherwise has shown Kratos level strength

First_Tsurugi06
Not understanding why people think GOd Kratos is this mighty dude. Ares was a god and looked what happened to his ass, killed by a mortal who grew to the same height as him...big whoop. Dante could take hime. Regardless Dante would win, his combo of speed, strength, DT and durability give him the definate edge.

A mortal who was infused with the power of the Gods (Pandora's Box didn't just make him a giant. The narration confirms that), overcame Ares' mindgames, and took his place as a God. The only things that have killed Gods in GoW is another God-esque substance, which Dante is not, never was, and doubtfully ever will be. God Kratos can just set Dante on fire or make his head explode in a gruesome fashion in spite of his durability, which is usually dependant on his physical vitality.

Wandering Flame
As if this is Dante versus Kratos.

And the Dante versus Kratos war is old and stupid nonetheless.

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by Wandering Flame
As if this is Dante versus Kratos.

And the Dante versus Kratos war is old and stupid nonetheless.

I know, but you'll be surprised by how many people try to pass the likes of Kratos' adversaries off like that when it really applies more to what the likes of Ryu Hayabusa's faced. It really doesn't take a ten-page debate to realize that much.

Dark-Jaxx
Kratos will dominate. Why?

He is FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR stronger, Kratos with his strength overpowers gigantic legendary beasts like the Hydra with ease.

Ryu is faster, but Kratos has many options to deal with it, such as Zeus' Lightning, Poseidon's Rage, Medusa's Blast, or the Army of Hades in GOW1, or Atlas Quake, Typhon's Bane, Euryale's Blast, Barbarian Hammer(spirit summoning), or the Blade of Olympus.

Kratos is more durable, able to tank powerful attacks from a Cyclops, Minotaur, Hydra, or Kraken.

Kratos has more options at range, with Zeus' Lightning in GOW1, and Typhon's Bane in 2, and in 2, he has the Golden Fleece, which is an arm shield that reflects any ranged or melee attacks.

Kratos is also quite skilled, and a good tactician.

Kratos is FAR more brutal.

Kratos takes this.

Blax_Hydralisk
lol. You remind me of this old friend I have who used to come here. You debate a lot like he does.

He got banned a while back, though. Sad.

First_Tsurugi06
^Well, it's not like the things Mr. Dark Jaxx there said in between the top and bottom lines are lies, they were all things that transpired in Kratos' respective game series in one way or another (not that I think think the top and bottom points of his were "lies" either, seeing as how by fundamental standards, I agree with Dark-Jaxx's choice of the victor).

Csdabest
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Kratos will dominate. Why?

He is FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR stronger, Kratos with his strength overpowers gigantic legendary beasts like the Hydra with ease.

Ryu is faster, but Kratos has many options to deal with it, such as Zeus' Lightning, Poseidon's Rage, Medusa's Blast, or the Army of Hades in GOW1, or Atlas Quake, Typhon's Bane, Euryale's Blast, Barbarian Hammer(spirit summoning), or the Blade of Olympus.

Kratos is more durable, able to tank powerful attacks from a Cyclops, Minotaur, Hydra, or Kraken.

Kratos has more options at range, with Zeus' Lightning in GOW1, and Typhon's Bane in 2, and in 2, he has the Golden Fleece, which is an arm shield that reflects any ranged or melee attacks.

Kratos is also quite skilled, and a good tactician.

Kratos is FAR more brutal.

Kratos takes this.

Your point. Even thought not as fast Ryu has faced off aginst people Stronger and killed them

Ryu has magic aswell.Art of the hurricane that will instantly shread Kratos to peices. Art of the Inuzama that will electrcute him and his fire techniues that will fry him. As well as his immortal spirit clones to kill kraros that he cant deal any damage to.

Ryu has better endurance aswell as stamina. He got sliced open by the Dark Dragon blade which oblitereats what it cuts instantly. He also feel from a few hundred stories and lived.

Um Ryu has long Ranged weapons as well. Explosive arrows. Emp arrows. C4arrows. Explosive kunais, shurikens, Legendary Shuriken. In the new game he gets his spirit essence arrows that has energy and wind elements that seems to obliterated opponents. Along with his Dragon Fire Ball that he can control and slam aginst his oppnnets incincerating them.*Think yamchas controllable spirit bomb* Along with inuzama, art of the inferno, spirit blades as in the new DS game

Ryu IS WAYYY MORE SKILLED. Master Martial Arts aswell as weapon skill. he would most likely be deadlier with kratos weapons than kratos himself.

Ryu is more skilled and elegant and with that He is way more brutal. Ryu has also faught more skilled Enemies simotaneously. Being brutal means nothing

Ryu takes this

First_Tsurugi06
Ryu moves faster and has near-superhuman levels of agility, but it's just not enough of it to best the abilities Kratos, who's strength and stamina are literally Godly, far beyond what Ryu's training can get him, and he's shown that his brutal nature, coupled with his raw strength, is all he needs to handle the weakest of his enemies. Besides, Kratos can be called slow as much as needed, he's still not some immobile boulder he's shown a few big jumps and flips.

Kratos can descend longer distances than Ryu has. Having performed a free-fall fro mthe back of a Griffin in the middle of a sky onto an island that was laying far far far below. Ryu's stamina isn't half that of Kratos', who can whitstand being squeezed between the fingers of the Titan Atlas.

Ryu can probably try to cast a Ninpo spell, but he'll either be reeled in by one of Kratos's chained blades, at which point Ryu would be dismembered by Kratos' bare hands, or Kratos' Golden Fleece, which has deflected even the most divine of magic, could just go to work. Ryu has not a prayer of surviving any of Kratos' divine magic powers, especially ones such as Poseidon's Rage or Army of Hades. Ryu's Ninpo is useless against the like of Kratos, who has the means to prevent and/or counter-act anytime one comes to be cast. And Kratos' magic requires no hand-signs, momentary concentration, or a secnod to spare, it's instant the moment he summons it.

The Blade of Olympus is a weapon by far and away more powerful than even the DDB, which can't do anything half as great as what the Blade of Olympus can be used to. If Kratos uses this, Ryu's done with, Kratos needs only stick it in the ground, and Ryu gets a one-way ticket to Tartarus. Kratos has shown no problems using his weapons to degrees against enemies five times the size of what Ryu often faces, not a way in hell does Ryu's ninja training come close to Kratos who was trained at first a Spartan and then by the Gods themselves.

I wouldn't say Ryu Hayabusa would count as the weakest thing Kratos would ever have to face, but he's definately farther from the toughest thing Kratos would have to do battle with.

Ryu's projectiles are useless, his Ninpo won't be able to be used, and his inferior stamina and physical prowess all boil down to his unsirprisingly brutal death. He's really not much compared to someone like Kratos or Dante.

Superboy Prime
I doubt any of you will concede.

You're just going around and around.

"Kratos wins because he is stronger and Hayabusa's skill and speed can't win shit."

"Busa wins because Kratos' almighty strength won't help him land a single blow on blitzabusa."

Blax_Hydralisk
It's funny how you just like randomly appear in places, then dissapere for like a week.

Superboy Prime
*An enigma...!*

Blax_Hydralisk
With a good fashion sense no less.

We've missed you!

Superboy Prime
I love your sig, man.

Blax_Hydralisk
And I love yours big grin

I made mine though, so ha.

Csdabest
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
Ryu moves faster and has near-superhuman levels of agility, but it's just not enough of it to best the abilities Kratos, who's strength and stamina are literally Godly, far beyond what Ryu's training can get him, and he's shown that his brutal nature, coupled with his raw strength, is all he needs to handle the weakest of his enemies. Besides, Kratos can be called slow as much as needed, he's still not some immobile boulder he's shown a few big jumps and flips.

Kratos can descend longer distances than Ryu has. Having performed a free-fall fro mthe back of a Griffin in the middle of a sky onto an island that was laying far far far below. Ryu's stamina isn't half that of Kratos', who can whitstand being squeezed between the fingers of the Titan Atlas.

Ryu can probably try to cast a Ninpo spell, but he'll either be reeled in by one of Kratos's chained blades, at which point Ryu would be dismembered by Kratos' bare hands, or Kratos' Golden Fleece, which has deflected even the most divine of magic, could just go to work. Ryu has not a prayer of surviving any of Kratos' divine magic powers, especially ones such as Poseidon's Rage or Army of Hades. Ryu's Ninpo is useless against the like of Kratos, who has the means to prevent and/or counter-act anytime one comes to be cast. And Kratos' magic requires no hand-signs, momentary concentration, or a secnod to spare, it's instant the moment he summons it.

The Blade of Olympus is a weapon by far and away more powerful than even the DDB, which can't do anything half as great as what the Blade of Olympus can be used to. If Kratos uses this, Ryu's done with, Kratos needs only stick it in the ground, and Ryu gets a one-way ticket to Tartarus. Kratos has shown no problems using his weapons to degrees against enemies five times the size of what Ryu often faces, not a way in hell does Ryu's ninja training come close to Kratos who was trained at first a Spartan and then by the Gods themselves.

I wouldn't say Ryu Hayabusa would count as the weakest thing Kratos would ever have to face, but he's definately farther from the toughest thing Kratos would have to do battle with.

Ryu's projectiles are useless, his Ninpo won't be able to be used, and his inferior stamina and physical prowess all boil down to his unsirprisingly brutal death. He's really not much compared to someone like Kratos or Dante.

Speed is huge in a battle. You cant hurt what you cant touch. Topped wioth teleportation and is able to conjuction moves with teleportion. I dont see kratos doing much do him.

Obviously you have played some of the games. In multiple games you seem him leaping from great heights and especially in the DOA4 ending. Ryu is flippin gfrom building on top of aircraft dodging gaitling gun fire and missles in mid air. Destroying battle ships at the same time.

How is kratos going to real him in when Ryu puts range bewteen him. All of his ninpo is long to midrrange. That and the fact that his ninpo protects him mid pre in his ninpose. Art of the Inuzama summoning thunder and lightning from the heavens. if Kratos tossed his metal hooks towards Ryu he would get fried via electricution. It wouldnt break past the wind barrier from the Art of the Hurricane which would shread him to many peices. Also he is able to use his destructive spiritial energy via spirit blast and beam. Very destructive and i have seen nothing in the arsenal that Kratos can compare with.

Strictly opinion. If you played the game you would know. DDB was a blade when just by releasing its evil dark powers. It torn the planet apart wreaking havoc across the globe just from the release. You even see a taste of the power when the VE just simply tapped into its power. It turned beautiful land feild into a living hell instantly. So far the TDS true power hasn't been tapped in and Rivals and supposedly surpasses that. So I HIGHLY doubt the sword of Olympus is stronger than the DDB
Specially since it changes someone into the Devil Incarnate

Ryu would see Kratos as joke. He is slow and is not that very skilled. Spartans are only good as an army from battle tactics. They are not really all that amazing one on one.

How in the world is ryu projectiles useless. Kratos has been shot many times by arrows and doesnt have the speed to dodge them. Ryu on the other hand has dodge faster projectiles than what kratos can throw at him. Ryu Ninpo is far from uselesss as well. Anyone would be a instant kill and they protect him. Only one that isnt a instant kill is Art of the Spirit Clone which creates two immortal copies of Ryu which means this fight will quickly turn into a 3 on 1 fight.

Wow at you saying Ryu has inferior stamnina. He fought a legion of fiends, and their captains, rival clan ninjas that were highly skilled, the military, and demolished them in less than a week with very little rest if any at all.(NG takes place over a week spand) Kratos in his games has been seen many times to be strictin with fatigue. Like in the beginning of GOD of War II he was soo tired when he tried to fight Zues. He couldnt even lift up his weapons. Ryu has never shown falter or fatigued in his time spand. So inferior stamina is rubbish.

Only thing Kratos got for him is his brute strength. The Reason Dante tops Ryu is healing factor and time manip along with his crazy trans. Without time manip and his healin factor. The fight would be more Even between Ryu and Dante.

Kratos is the least between the three because all he has is uber strength. Thats it.

First_Tsurugi06
Speed is huge in a battle. You cant hurt what you cant touch. Topped wioth teleportation and is able to conjuction moves with teleportion. I dont see kratos doing much do him.

Obviously you have played some of the games. In multiple games you seem him leaping from great heights and especially in the DOA4 ending. Ryu is flippin gfrom building on top of aircraft dodging gaitling gun fire and missles in mid air. Destroying battle ships at the same time.

How is kratos going to real him in when Ryu puts range bewteen him. All of his ninpo is long to midrrange. That and the fact that his ninpo protects him mid pre in his ninpose. Art of the Inuzama summoning thunder and lightning from the heavens. if Kratos tossed his metal hooks towards Ryu he would get fried via electricution. It wouldnt break past the wind barrier from the Art of the Hurricane which would shread him to many peices. Also he is able to use his destructive spiritial energy via spirit blast and beam. Very destructive and i have seen nothing in the arsenal that Kratos can compare with.

Strictly opinion. If you played the game you would know. DDB was a blade when just by releasing its evil dark powers. It torn the planet apart wreaking havoc across the globe just from the release. You even see a taste of the power when the VE just simply tapped into its power. It turned beautiful land feild into a living hell instantly. So far the TDS true power hasn't been tapped in and Rivals and supposedly surpasses that. So I HIGHLY doubt the sword of Olympus is stronger than the DDB
Specially since it changes someone into the Devil Incarnate

Ryu would see Kratos as joke. He is slow and is not that very skilled. Spartans are only good as an army from battle tactics. They are not really all that amazing one on one.

How in the world is ryu projectiles useless. Kratos has been shot many times by arrows and doesnt have the speed to dodge them. Ryu on the other hand has dodge faster projectiles than what kratos can throw at him. Ryu Ninpo is far from uselesss as well. Anyone would be a instant kill and they protect him. Only one that isnt a instant kill is Art of the Spirit Clone which creates two immortal copies of Ryu which means this fight will quickly turn into a 3 on 1 fight.

Wow at you saying Ryu has inferior stamnina. He fought a legion of fiends, and their captains, rival clan ninjas that were highly skilled, the military, and demolished them in less than a week with very little rest if any at all.(NG takes place over a week spand) Kratos in his games has been seen many times to be strictin with fatigue. Like in the beginning of GOD of War II he was soo tired when he tried to fight Zues. He couldnt even lift up his weapons. Ryu has never shown falter or fatigued in his time spand. So inferior stamina is rubbish.

Only thing Kratos got for him is his brute strength. The Reason Dante tops Ryu is healing factor and time manip along with his crazy trans. Without time manip and his healin factor. The fight would be more Even between Ryu and Dante.

Kratos is the least between the three because all he has is uber strength. Thats it.

If speed was too much for Kratos to handle, he'd've lost to the likes of the Gorgons and the Gods a long time ago, he's got ENOUGH speed to spare. Kratos' primary weapons are far more versatile than alot of the weapons in Ryu's stock, and he uses them with the effectiveness and brutality that Ryu and his clan only dream of.

Ryu's Ninpo IS useless against Kratos. Even if he couldn't rell him in when Ryu's charging (Kratos's chains have ALOT of length, more than enough to catch a single ninja off guard at any terrain that matters in a fight), Kratos could just cast one of his spells before any of Ryu's even make it past the handsigns.

And the projectiles are just as useless since Kratos has the Golden Fleece, they've deflected just about everything that's come his way, and anything they haven't was just because the attack was from something too large, which Ryu and his weapons are not (even then, Kratos dodged plenty of things that come his way, arrows, axes, fireballs, all while still standing, and he's also used his chains like the Hookshot to dodge anything too big).

Kratos originally being a Spartan captain really has little to do with his current battle prowess. A typical Spartan soldier in one-on-one might not be "all that amazig", but Kratos, someone who takes on enemies five times his size as a generalization, is not a typical Spartan in terms of combat. His blades can actually be QUITE fast, and with them alone, Kratos can just slam them into the ground to create a massive shockwave. Ryu might see Kratos as joke, but if so, he'd realize too late realize that that "joke" had just decapitated him in the blink of an eye. Kratos is at least AS skilled with his weaponry as Ryu, but even that would be an understatement for Kratos (people can use the whole in-game combat depth to try and counter this claim, but it's completely irrelelvant).

On the subject of stamina, that's a terrible example you used, since Kratos, at the time, had just been crushed by the hand of the Colossus of Rhodes (it was also the ONLY time he was stricken with fatigue of any kind). It was impressive enough that he survived that long; Ryu would've died the moment he was under that hand. Kratos had fought against legions of soldiers, undead demons, mythical creatures, all the while besting environmental hazards and besting the traps of Pandora's Temple over three times the course of Ninja Gaiden's timespan (GoW1's storyline is about three weeks), and for three days of those several weeks, he was climbing atop the gargantuan walls leading to Pandora's temple, barehanded, and not once did it show him so much as stopping to wipe the non-existant sweat off his brow. The ONLY times where Kratos has shown just heavy breathing, is when he was right about to die.

Kratos's monstrous strength is just the icing on top of what his potential has gotten him to. Kratos has most clearly done the greatest feats of the three, and has shown that he's easily the most powerful overall. Ryu in any instance is by far the weakest of the trio. A match between him and Dante wouldn't be even, it would be two characters with similar attributes and statistics going head-to-head ("Dante vs. Ryu Hayabusa" = "Solid Snake vs. Sam Fisher" of the acton genre).

Csdabest
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
If speed was too much for Kratos to handle, he'd've lost to the likes of the Gorgons and the Gods a long time ago, he's got ENOUGH speed to spare. Kratos' primary weapons are far more versatile than alot of the weapons in Ryu's stock, and he uses them with the effectiveness and brutality that Ryu and his clan only dream of.

Ryu's Ninpo IS useless against Kratos. Even if he couldn't rell him in when Ryu's charging (Kratos's chains have ALOT of length, more than enough to catch a single ninja off guard at any terrain that matters in a fight), Kratos could just cast one of his spells before any of Ryu's even make it past the handsigns.

And the projectiles are just as useless since Kratos has the Golden Fleece, they've deflected just about everything that's come his way, and anything they haven't was just because the attack was from something too large, which Ryu and his weapons are not (even then, Kratos dodged plenty of things that come his way, arrows, axes, fireballs, all while still standing, and he's also used his chains like the Hookshot to dodge anything too big).

Kratos originally being a Spartan captain really has little to do with his current battle prowess. A typical Spartan soldier in one-on-one might not be "all that amazig", but Kratos, someone who takes on enemies five times his size as a generalization, is not a typical Spartan in terms of combat. His blades can actually be QUITE fast, and with them alone, Kratos can just slam them into the ground to create a massive shockwave. Ryu might see Kratos as joke, but if so, he'd realize too late realize that that "joke" had just decapitated him in the blink of an eye. Kratos is at least AS skilled with his weaponry as Ryu, but even that would be an understatement for Kratos (people can use the whole in-game combat depth to try and counter this claim, but it's completely irrelelvant).

On the subject of stamina, that's a terrible example you used, since Kratos, at the time, had just been crushed by the hand of the Colossus of Rhodes (it was also the ONLY time he was stricken with fatigue of any kind). It was impressive enough that he survived that long; Ryu would've died the moment he was under that hand. Kratos had fought against legions of soldiers, undead demons, mythical creatures, all the while besting environmental hazards and besting the traps of Pandora's Temple over three times the course of Ninja Gaiden's timespan (GoW1's storyline is about three weeks), and for three days of those several weeks, he was climbing atop the gargantuan walls leading to Pandora's temple, barehanded, and not once did it show him so much as stopping to wipe the non-existant sweat off his brow. The ONLY times where Kratos has shown just heavy breathing, is when he was right about to die.

Kratos's monstrous strength is just the icing on top of what his potential has gotten him to. Kratos has most clearly done the greatest feats of the three, and has shown that he's easily the most powerful overall. Ryu in any instance is by far the weakest of the trio. A match between him and Dante wouldn't be even, it would be two characters with similar attributes and statistics going head-to-head ("Dante vs. Ryu Hayabusa" = "Solid Snake vs. Sam Fisher" of the acton genre).

The Gods in GOW are joke. They can die and none of them where that that fast. And the gorgons were no where as skilled or deadly as RYu

Um no. His attack Range with weapons are about a 5 yard Radius. And its takes about 2 seconds to perform his technique. Which most of them protect him while doing this technique which means Kratos is not going to be interupting. And Ryu can teleport and move way out of range for his Ninpo and spirit attacks. Art of the Inuzama, inferno, Giant fire ball, his spiritial attacks as shown inDOA4 can be performed well effective enought out of Kratos Range.

Um it only deflected basic projectiles. Ryu has spiritial power arrows and his enchanted Legendary windmill shuriken. including his powerful ninpo for his range attacks, So once again projectiles will not be lacking. Also his Dabi Blade has range as well with it s wind scare technique that he can perform out of Kratos range. Ryu has Kratos beat in all categories except strength

Thats a joke. Ryu would most likely decapitate Kratos in the blink of an eye. With his superior speed. Ryu would counter or dodge most of Kratos attacks. Kratos weapons are not versitiles. He is basically swing a whip with blades attached to them. Ryu is more versitile because he has basically mastered all types pf weapons as well ninjutsu and ninpo magic. Ryu is too skilled and fast for Kratos to handle. With out going all giant god mode. Even then. That makes Kratos a bigger target for his devestating ninpo.

No perfect example Ryu hasnt been shown to tire. While Kratos on the other hand has been shown to tire after a battle. And most likely RYu wouldnt have gotten in that sitution to begin with. Also Kratos for half the game was flying on Pegasus to travel. And stope multiple times to have sex. Kratos was seen resting multiple times and stoping his path way of destruction. Ryu on the other finished off boss and gets updated on whos head next to get sliced open. Saying Ryu stamina pales in comparison is utter BS especially when you have never seen him tire.

Only thing Kratos has over Dante or RYu is his brute strength. Bottom line.

Skill-Ryu
Speed- Ryu
Spiritual energy/energy-Ryu
Magic-ryu
Weapons-Ryu
Strength-Kratos
Range on all grounds-Ryu even though Kratos might edge out mid range

kratos gets shitted on in almost any category i can think of. Ill even give Kratos endurance. But a majority of the catergoes go to Ryu.

Estacado
So Kratos wins because he is stronger?
It's not like he would get a clear hit on Ryu because of his speed advantage........erm

Dark-Jaxx
Your point. Even thought not as fast Ryu has faced off aginst people Stronger and killed them

Ryu has magic aswell.Art of the hurricane that will instantly shread Kratos to peices. Art of the Inuzama that will electrcute him and his fire techniues that will fry him. As well as his immortal spirit clones to kill kraros that he cant deal any damage to.

Ryu has better endurance aswell as stamina. He got sliced open by the Dark Dragon blade which oblitereats what it cuts instantly. He also feel from a few hundred stories and lived.

Um Ryu has long Ranged weapons as well. Explosive arrows. Emp arrows. C4arrows. Explosive kunais, shurikens, Legendary Shuriken. In the new game he gets his spirit essence arrows that has energy and wind elements that seems to obliterated opponents. Along with his Dragon Fire Ball that he can control and slam aginst his oppnnets incincerating them.*Think yamchas controllable spirit bomb* Along with inuzama, art of the inferno, spirit blades as in the new DS game

Ryu IS WAYYY MORE SKILLED. Master Martial Arts aswell as weapon skill. he would most likely be deadlier with kratos weapons than kratos himself.

Ryu is more skilled and elegant and with that He is way more brutal. Ryu has also faught more skilled Enemies simotaneously. Being brutal means nothing

Ryu takes this 1. None who have both the raw might and versatility of Kratos, who is far stronger physically than anyone in any of the DOA or NG games, I assure you of that.

2. Art of the Hurricane wishes it could be as good or versatile as Typhon's Bane or Zeus' Lightning. Art of the Izuma is the retarded second cousin of Poseidon's Rage or Cronos' Rage. Spirit Clones? And Kratos can summon a squad of invincible Hades Legionarres and in 2 can summon wraiths. Go figure.

3. And Kratos gets crushed by 300-500 foot Collossus' and lives, and this is a Kratos who was already weakened to probably the weakest he has ever been(besides when he didn't have access to his Demi-God power). Hundred stories? Kratos did that while kicking Icarus' ass.

4. Explosive Arrows, EMP Arrows, C4 Arrows, Kunais, Shuriken, and Windmill Shuriken hardly even compare to a Thunderbolt or a blast from the Blade of Olympus. Obliterate opponents? Like a lightning bolt does?

5. Lol, based on what, sure, in H2H he is more skilled, but in weapons, Kratos has shown greater skill, lemme guess, he's more skilled because he's a ninja. roll eyes (sarcastic)

6. OMG I can't believe you said Ryu is more brutal than Kratos. eek!

Kratos make Elfen Lied characters look like innocent children.

Kratos soloes trained armies, as in, he walks into a battlefield and lays down the smackdown, he doesn't fight a few enemies at once like Ryu.

Nah, Kratos ftw.

First_Tsurugi06
A joke, you say. Why, because they look a little more human? THAT'S what the series played to, making the human-looking deities of Greek Mythology a little more personable by human standards. Don't even bother with that played out excuse of an excuse, because they're still more powerful than what Ryu's faced and/or become due to size alone and still thensome. Kratos has killed two, and with what means he used, he'd kill Ryu MUCH more easily. It's not the fact that they can be killed that makes them weak, it's the fact that Kratos kills them is what shows his true potential and power. Kratos, as the second God of War was already described as more powerful than Ares ever was. Ares, who, with a fraction of his power, reduecd an army of thousands upon thousands of men into a field of broken, burned, torn, overall mutilated bodies. I'll say it again, the only thing that's killed a God in the God of War games is that which also held the same kind of Godly powers. The only "Gods" Ryu's ever killed are no longer even in NG canon.

Kratos' chains go farther than ever in a few Chains of Olympus videos, grabbing the Basilisk atop a bridge gate from practically the other side of the bridge. His best spells cover practically that much and are instantly activated, during which times Kratos is often untouchable, much less vulnerable.

It deflected much more than basic projectiles. The Golden Fleece has blocked fireballs, waves of varying energies lethal and non-lethal, Gorgon rays, Zeus' thunderbolts, and thensome. Those go beyond basic material projectiles, and Ryu's ninpo lies somewhere in that overall list.

That's completey underrating Kratos' abilities to ignorant proportions. Kratos' reactions allow him to dodge thunderbolts and a charging Zeus (who dashed at speeds no slower). Yeah, Kratos swings chained blades, with the effectiveness to defeat the likes of every man, beast, mythical being, etc. that came his way, skewering/vinesecting/mutilating them while spinning them around like helicopter propellers. He also uses them as literal arm extentions for out-of-range objects, to scale walls and ceilings, to swing like Spiderman from anything the blades can latch onto, etc (or break the Basilisk's jaw like King Kong did to that V-Rex). That's versatility, much moreso than what even Ryu's main ninja arsenal. Kratos uses every single weapon he gets his hands on just as efficiently as Ryu does, only not as elegantly, due solely to the game's main approach at brutal combat, but elegance and finesse =/= superior, Kratos proves that. God Kratos, I don't want to bring up since it's just plain not fair in this debate; all God Kratos needs to do is make a quick gesture, and Ryu's head explodes while his corpse is set aflame.

Kratos has never ONCE was shown to tire after just ONE battle without something that would leave Ryu dead. It took a series of battles to Tartarus and back to do that (THAT'S a good example, better than what you gave, and even then, that's when Kratos was still at his most...expendable). Kratos was only on the back of the Pegasus for like a tenth of the game, all the while slicing apart clusters of harpies, jumping off of the Pagasus' back to lay waste to an armada of Griffins piloted by the legionnares of the Sisters of Fate. Anything where sex or rest was involved was only in the beginning of the game(s). Hell the second time, it was in the MIDDLE of a battle with the Colossus of Rhodes, who occasionally ambushed Kratos, for example, when it to crush Kratos under its foot (at which point Kratos tossed it on its ass). Put Ryu in that situation, he'll be lucky to see the foot coming, much less stop the attack in its tracks. It's not BS to say Kratos has more stamina when Kratos goes through twice what Ryu does (that's being lenient) and comes out of it unscathed. So seriously, you used a bad example because Ryu would be even luckier to so much as survive at least one of the Colossus' ambushes than Kratos was to survive being slammed by it's massive hand when it fell at a gaining momentum.

Skill-Ryu
Load o' crap. Kratos takes things twice the ferocity of most of Ryu's boss enemies and crushes them with whatever he sees as usable, be it his bare hands, a weapon, or body part. Ryu may have twice the finesse acrobatics of the Prince of Persia (quite posibly more than that), but Kratos has infintely more brutality, tenacity, and raw power. Ryu's pretty strict on the belief that it's his training that made him the "Super Ninja" that he is. I'm not in the position to prove him wrong, he's beyond any ordinary human, but Kratos is far from that, in terms of both biological heritage, and power. He can take anything Ryu had thrown at him only in a more grisly fashion.

Speed- Ryu
Concedable at the least. In terms of overall speed, most of Kratos' lies in attacks (with his blades), while Ryu's got nimble movements.

Spiritual energy/energy-Ryu
That's something that doesn't even apply to Kratos. No comment

Magic-ryu
EPIC LMATHAF***O. Hate to say it, but Ryu's ninpo doesn't have two sh!ts on Kratos' divine spells. Not because they're enhanced with the divinity of the Gods, but because not only are Kratos' magic powers faster to the attack, but as a whole his best ones cover more ground by basic standards, and leave him invulnerable for the duration. One casting of Poseidon's Rage, and Ryu's fried (literally). It has properties fairly similar to Ryu's Art of the Izuma, only on a clearly larger scale and thensome. That's just an example.

Weapons-Ryu
Numerically, but no further than that. Like I said earlier, Kratos' main weapons alone are five of Ryu's or Dante's weapons, and in terms of power, the Blade of Olympus is able to not only absorb power of any kind, but already currently contains Kratos' powers as the God of War.

Strength-Kratos
And against the likes of Ryu, it's all he'll need if Ryu gets in close (which Kratos can make happen on his own).

Range on all grounds-Ryu even though Kratos might edge out mid range
Not a thing goes to Ryu in range, esecially when Kratos' Blades of Chaos/Athena's Blades cover more ground than what any of Ryu's main weapons do (and, at their fastest, can extend from his hands almost instantly). That's not even counting the likes of Kratos' spells, or other weapons.

Even if more physical attributes go to Ryu as a generalization, that doesn't mean it'll instantly help him succeed, because none of it is really at THAT high a caliber. Higher than any normal human, yes, but not as high as those with more than just human blood.

Ryu, in the end, isn't really all THAT powerful. He's not as fast as Dante, nor as strong as Kratos, his projectiles are completely ineffective against either one (who not only have superior projectiles, but also means to defend against anyone elses', Ryu's included), and both have the ability to assume a more powerful form in battle, which would just be overkill against almost anyone but eachother. Ryu's beyond the likes of the Prince of Persia, and probably Heavenly Sword's Nariko, but in the world of Action Genre protagonists, that's about it. Kratos and Dante are nigh omnipotent at full power and are the only ones of anyone stated here who would put up a fight against one another.

Hell, even if by some chance that Kratos is at too much of a disadvantage, all he needs then is to "Let the Rage of the Gods/Titans drive blades". Ryu has no power of the sort, much less a chance against it. Another little "category" in which ensures Kratos' victory. But like I said, it's just overkill against someone like Ryu. Speed is the only physical category where Ryu ISN'T beat when compared to Kratos, and it's FAR from enough. All things taken into acount, Ryu would be more of an annoyance for Kratos than an opponent.

Burning thought
lol nigh omnipotent, not quite

First_Tsurugi06
Not literally. You know what I mean >_>

Burning thought
in comparison to Hayabusa they would seem unbeatable?

Dark-Jaxx
Ryu is like a fly to Kratos, who could probably swat him like one too.

Csdabest
AHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Dark-Jaxx
AHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA That has got to be the most intelligent post I have ever seen in a debate.

Kumar
Kratos rips him in half like a zombie...

Csdabest
lmao roflao hahaha someone get a bullet stop the pain

ESB -1138
I was about to make this match but I was smart and used search. So because of Ninja Gaiden II it's time to bump this thread to continue the match of hack-n-slash legends; Kratos the God Killer and Ryu the Fiend Killer!

ThoraxeRMG
Originally posted by Wandering Flame
Kratos vs. Hayabusa is retarded.

Jesus, this thread is retarded. <_<
I kinda see Ryu winning, but that's just me.

Dark-Jaxx
Kratos.

Csdabest
Ryu Hayabusa....Now in a landslide. Kratos is not survivng a black hole..

Dark-Jaxx
Ryu Hayabusa....Now in a landslide. Kratos is not survivng a black hole.. And Ryu is not surviving being turned to stone and smashed. smile

Blax_Hydralisk
haha.

Jaxx is a fanboy.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
haha.

Jaxx is a fanboy. Haha.

Blax is a fat fvckin homofaggot.

Csdabest
And Ryu is just going to stand there and be turned to stone...I doubt it. Ryu Hayabusa beats Kratos in every category except for Strength.

Kratos will get evicerated by Ryu Wind blades or his Black hole.

Also there is not need for Negative comments outside of the common fanboy remark Jaxx its all good in the hood babe

Dark-Jaxx
And Ryu is just going to stand there and be turned to stone...I doubt it. Ryu Hayabusa beats Kratos in every category except for Strength.

Kratos will get evicerated by Ryu Wind blades or his Black hole.

Also there is not need for Negative comments outside of the common fanboy remark Jaxx its all good in the hood babe 1. And skill. And brutality. And durability. They are equal in versatility. Kratos has more raw power.

2. Ryu will be blown to bits by lightning or turned to stone by Euryale.

3. Nah, me and Blax know eachother from a different site. It's all good between me and that fat prick. stick out tongue

Csdabest
Skill. Ryu surpasess Kratos by a huge Margine. Ryu has mastered all types of weapons and actualy hand to hand fighting stylez.

Brutality(not really a category) But Ryu just caught up and possibly surpassed with NGII. The way he obliterates he enemies with the Obliteration techniques is just rediculous...I dont think you have played NGII yet.

3. and lol is he really fat?

Dark-Jaxx
Skill. Ryu surpasess Kratos by a huge Margine. Ryu has mastered all types of weapons and actualy hand to hand fighting stylez.

Brutality(not really a category) But Ryu just caught up and possibly surpassed with NGII. The way he obliterates he enemies with the Obliteration techniques is just rediculous...I dont think you have played NGII yet.

3. and lol is he really fat? 1. Quality over quantity my good friend. Kratos was an open warfare Spartan General who also mas mastered different kinds of weapons, and possesses skill to fight and defeat the God of War himself. As for H2H, if they fistfought, although Kratos has less skill, his durability and strength is so much higher that he can honestly end that confrontation in one blow.

2. I highly doubt Ryu has crushed a head between a book.

3. ... no expression

...Yes haermm

Nah but I am fat too so it's cool.

Csdabest
1. Im reffering to skills in actual one on one combat. And Versitility I doubt Kratos is as Versitle as Ryu.

2. Meh...I guess Ryu is still getting on the brutality scale.

3. I use to be fat but now im all muscely

but i still say Ryu Wins this 8/10

Cuz ryu still supases Kratos in Speed, weapons skills, magic, And is on par or sub bar with him in strength in normal form. durability is about the same...They both came back from the dead.

But Saying that Kratos defeated the God of War. He defeated the game version of the God of War. Ryu has Defeated, The Archfiend, and the four Greater fiends.(oh yeah...NGII is derves a rating of I for Insane difficulty) When cant judge feats by titles but what the actual enemies can do.

ESB -1138
Ohhh...I'm glad I revived this thread. But seriously Ryu can take down Kratos. Seriously if Ryu can take pretty much a nuke at point blank range (those giant armadillo turtle things that blow up) then Ryu is pretty durable.

And Kratos only defeated Ares using Pandora's Box so plot device was the cause of that god's death.

Csdabest
Same thing can be said about Ryu and the TDS. But then again....Ryu Hayabusa has to be skileld ion his position to make it work....Since its not a gun. just an alll powerful sword

Superboy Prime
Agreed. In Ninja Gaiden 2's details for the Dragon Sword it explains that it can only be wielded by those skilled and strong enough to use it.

On a sidenote Hayabusa has the ability to channel his Chi through every single weapon in his arsenal which in turn makes them way more devastating.

First_Tsurugi06
How did it take so long for me to notice this thread get revived?

A deeper combat system hardly counts for a higher skill in weapons (besause really, that's the only credible source there is that Ryu's in any way more skilled than Kratos. As I said before, elegance and finnesse =/= superior, if it ever did, then we may as well conclude that the Prince of Persia would curbstomp Kratos), at least in this situation, where we're comparing a Ninja to a guy who takes everything Ryu takes and thensome with that much less (numerically) in terms of weapons. Like Dark-Jaxx had said, Quality over Quantity.

I've still yet to be convinced that Ryu's ninpo comes even close to surpassing Kratos' spells, let alone contending with them par-for-par (the only one that's truly all that impressive is Art of the Hurricane). The Efreet alone is a more devastating fire spell than any of Ryu's fire based ninpo (Hell, on the subject of similar functions, Army of Hades is >>> Art of the Phoenix Flame in every way). Kratos has his own, practically portable answer to Art of the Hurricane in the form of a bow and arrow that can rapidly shoot razor wind blades (which can home in on the target), and can unleash tornadoes that will decimate anything in their way, (and on the subject of Kratos "Not surviving the Art of the Piercing Void", I could just as easily say: "Light of Dawn--Ryu's not gonna survive a rapid barrage of condensed spheres of light that harness the power of the mythical aspects of the sun).

I've also not been convinced by NG2 that Ryu's strength even begins to compare with the likes of Kratos, who can slam fifty-foot long serpents around like ragdolls, wrangle a twenty plus foot tall minotaur rodeo style, and toss 300 foot statues with his bare hands. Ryu's durability is not far beyond humanly possible. Once more, Ryu's only advantage is speed. Anything he has that's simlar to Kratos, it's inferior by clear visual and/or conceptual margin (ESPECIALLY magic).

Also, them coming back from the dead doesn't really speak for their durability, it speaks more for different things considering the means in which they came back to life. For Ryu, he was revived by his spiritual guardian (a falcon) so he couldhave a chance at avenging his village. It hardly spoke for his durability, and it didn't really speak for much at all aside from him having a little bit of back up in case of what I considered an unjust death. Kratos traversing through Hades out of the intention to prevent himself from staying dead speaks more for his tenacity.

That's an example of strict gameplay, a case where you don't think canonically, but rationally--as challenging as Ninja Gaiden II is, do you really think that they'd make it so you have to endure the possibility of getting you ass incinerated by an exploding firey armadillo-beast two times in one scene? Anything else is gameplay function alone (even then, you lose an ass-load of health whenever those Spider Clan Ninjas try to do a Kamikaze on you or something). Kratos flying across a city before crashing through a stone roof, and then with the force to crash through the second story of the building before getting back up without a scratch is canon. Admittedly, Ryu soaring through a giant window is a pretty good comparison, but personally, I think tanking a stone roof is more impressive. Not to mention the fact that Kratos didn't have Pandora's box when he fought, and nearly killed Zeus. As of now, the BoO >>> Pandora's Box which is >>> NG universe (the box imbued Kratos with the full power of a God, power enough to kill Ares, but the Blade of Olympus not only killed a Goddess with one stab, but holds Kratos' own God powers, and possibly a little bit of Zeus' power, judging from a scene in the fight). Still, Pandora's Box just makes killing Ryu that much easier for Kratos, who, since you're bringing up explosions, stood in front of 3 explosions before, and was unharmed, one of which was like the armadillo explosion x10.

And on the subject of channeling "chi" into weapons, it is almost irrelelvant to Kratos anyway. However, Kratos can charge-up energy in his Blades of Chaos/Athena's Blades (he's done so at least once or twice when not in-game), be it his own energy or some sort of function for the Blades. The concept itself is not so much an advantage/disadvantage as it is just an add-on. What takes Ryu years of training and mastery of weapons and inner energies takes Kratos his bare hands, chained blades, and a strong enough motive of any kind, reluctant or otherwise.

To quote a friend from Youtube (a few words were minced and added by me): take away Ryu's weapons and ninpo and what do you have? No one incredibly special, really. Courageous, maybe. But he's only on the game-plateu of combat as such goons as the drunkard Brad and clumsy fat-asses like Bass. He's nothing outstandingly powerful - only his sword is. He has the least strength, the least durability, the least impressive acheivements, and is the only real human of the three.

Take away Kratos' weapons and magic, and at least we have a Demigod with divine brute strength, overlooked agility, inhuman stamina, formiddable durability, and a killer instinct that gives him the philosophical views to allow himself to rip people in half with his bare hands, beat them to death with their own arms, or splatter their bodies into pieces by slamming them into the ground among other possibilities. Ryu is more experienced and disciplined with H2H abilities (from what we know), but that does not mean he's more powerful, it doesn't mean he's more skilled, it doesn't even mean he's superior. Ryu's overall lesser physical attributes won't attest well against Kratos, who is >>> DoA in its near-entirety.

Saying Kratos is the weakest of the three is an easy misconecption in a sense, but a misconception it still is. Ryu doesn't have the "most" of anything across the board in a three way (except for maybe weapons), and even between just he and Kratos, Ryu's only faster, which ain't gonna do much against a guy with more AoE versatility than an MMORPG Mage. As I stated earlier, Dante vs. Ryu is a comparison of two statistically similar characters (Kratos vs Ryu is really more of an apples-and-oranges approach), but they're not statistcally equal--Dante's just plain better than Ryu in every way imaginable--speed, strength, agility, versatility, etc. Dante is th apple at the level to contend with the orange that is Kratos, Ryu is the apple that Kratos will devour.

I can really only repeat myself from here on out. At least for now.

Rascaduanok
Totally totally impressed and, indeed, converted by your indepth points and argument, First_Tsurugi06. Awesome analysis!

Csdabest
When did cutscenes become gameplay. They show Ryu hayabusa in a cutscenes taking on and enduring two explosions from the turtle along with one. Its part of the story...I think you have gameplay and events confused. But i will give my counter argument later on

ESB -1138
When did cutscenes become gameplay. They show Ryu hayabusa in a cutscenes taking on and enduring two explosions from the turtle along with one. Its part of the story...I think you have gameplay and events confused. But i will give my counter argument later on

Actually there was just one cutscene that had Ryu enduring the explosion. The other two had no cutscenes at all. But the Archfiend explosion was a cutscene as well.

Not to mention the fact that Ryu barely drew his weapon at all throughout the DoA games even defeating Jann Lee and winning the second DoA tournament.

Oh and when he mentioned Ryu coming back to life I doubt he was talking about that but when Ryu went to the depths of hell in Ninja Gaiden II and came out alive.

SpadeKing
well I see Ryu with a major speed and agility advantage but I never really finished any of his games yet...

Csdabest
Join the club.....that im not apart of. The game is insanely difficult. Its ungodly

ESB -1138
Join the club.....that im not apart of. The game is insanely difficult. Its ungodly

There's a hard mode and well the hell were you thinking mode. And then you can unlock to other modes; you will throw your controller at the TV many times mode and you're about to cuss more then you ever had in your life mode.

First_Tsurugi06
Never said Ryu wasn't powerful by DoA's standards (and I don't think that's what my youtube friend was aiming at either), I was saying that Kratos is vastly more powerful, with or without his weapons, than any character in DoA DESPITE their accomplished and varied martial arts skills and training.

Oh and when he mentioned Ryu coming back to life I doubt he was talking about that but when Ryu went to the depths of hell in Ninja Gaiden II and came out alive.

I never really viewed that as "dying" anyway. I mean, Kratos did the same thing in his weakest (playable) state in Chains of Olympus. Anyway, I was referring to the first NG, where he was killed by Doku and was revived as, according to Itagaki, a "soldier of revenge".

Well, as I said earlier, I can really only repeat/rephrase what I've BEEN saying as of now for a counter argument, so don't be surprised if, should I reply, what I say looks familiar.

SpadeKing
Originally posted by ESB -1138
There's a hard mode and well the hell were you thinking mode. And then you can unlock to other modes; you will throw your controller at the TV many times mode and you're about to cuss more then you ever had in your life mode.

well for some reason my uncle chose to start off on the hard mode right away while everyone else is on acolyte so we're over paying for items and even getting killed by the starting ninjas

I finally made it to the boss on chapter 8 and he took the game back after my countless deaths ermm
that game is just ridiculous

Csdabest
To the comment. About take away from RYu and Kratos.

Thats funny you have to take away the charact main weapons to equal it.

But you forget that If you take away Kratos magic and weapons... That means he is just a brute spartan warrior. It was gods magic and enchantant weapons that made him so powerful.

First_Tsurugi06
No, it's his nature as a demigod, the Son of Zeus, that's the real source of his powers (that aren't his magic abilities). Take away the fact that he's a half-God, THEN he's an ordinary brute spartan warrior.

Csdabest
That is basically human besides his super natural strength. Ryu hayabusa still beats him via Speed Blitz.

First_Tsurugi06
Not in Kratos' case. He'd tank any fisticuffs speedblitzing Ryu could dish out. And I bring back my point of his "overlooked agility", and "inhuman stamina". Ryu's got the higher agility, but Kratos isn't a slouch, he can jump far distances (like in the Crossing of the Lowlands scene, where he jumped between walls farther a distance than any wall-jumping Ryu's done).

nianbo the dude

3. and lol is he really fat? ok ninja gaiden fanboy what if i said hayabusa vs goku? now who would you say would win

JuggernautMania
kratos kills gods. no way some jap defeats him.

God Cloth Seiya
Originally posted by JuggernautMania
kratos kills gods. no way some jap defeats him. Ok 1st your racist. 2nd by that logic your saying that Jarrod can beat goku? No. 3rd kratos still wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.