Mr. Linderman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Strangelove
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l145/42Strangelove/linderman.jpg

Did anyone else like the character of Mr. Linderman as much as I did? I gotta say, I love that type of villain. There's this huge buildup towards the reveal of who he really is, and then once we meet him, he has such a huge presence in the show. You know he's a man of great power, but he's very conversational, friendly, and charming.

Discuss.

Mairuzu
He was a very classy villain, it sucks that hes gone now cause his power was awesome

Entity
Yea it totally blows that they killed him off. I gotta say that was one I never saw coming. Well never would've expected it anyway. He's such an awesome actor too. I remember when they finally showed who he was I was like HELLSYEA!

But yea I hate that they killed him off so soon. I think he would've really added to the show the longer that he stayed around.

Plus of course I'd liked for Peter to have met him. big grin

Mairuzu
haha, as long as peter meets him, he can die after for all i care...

i only want some of the people to stay on so they can meet peter

otherwise its a waste of a power if they die haha

Tattoo
Originally posted by Entity
Yea it totally blows that they killed him off. I gotta say that was one I never saw coming. Well never would've expected it anyway. He's such an awesome actor too. I remember when they finally showed who he was I was like HELLSYEA!

But yea I hate that they killed him off so soon. I think he would've really added to the show the longer that he stayed around.

Plus of course I'd liked for Peter to have met him. big grin Originally posted by Mairuzu
haha, as long as peter meets him, he can die after for all i care...

i only want some of the people to stay on so they can meet peter

otherwise its a waste of a power if they die haha

Go to the Peter Petrelli thread, I have a post regarding your quotes.

However, this thread should stick to the topic at hand...Mr. Linderman.

I was so surprised when he was finally revealed and it was the dude from A Clockwork Orange, it tickled my mind. stick out tongue

Captain REX
I love Malcolm MacDowell. He's such an interesting actor.

Entity
Originally posted by Captain REX
I love Malcolm MacDowell. He's such an interesting actor. Absolutely. 300% wink

Captain REX
Of course, the years and the drugs haven't been kind to him. He's not a pretty face, but it's all about presence. His voice alone grabs attention easily.

chickenlover98
i think it was retarded. it was such a big build up, so many mentions of linderman. it turns out to be some old guy with a useless power/ i expected explosions, someone powerful. turns out all u eed is some rich guy with a 2 bit power

Tattoo
Originally posted by chickenlover98
i think it was retarded. it was such a big build up, so many mentions of linderman. it turns out to be some old guy with a useless power/ i expected explosions, someone powerful. turns out all u eed is some rich guy with a 2 bit power

The smallest of powers often times turn out to be the most crucial. Haven't you ever seen Sky High?

Captain REX
I'm rather glad that the manipulative man with mafia connections didn't turn out to be an evil super villian because he could fry people with heat vision or something. His power is appropriate and better suited for this show.

Entity
I'm rather glad that the manipulative man with mafia connections didn't turn out to be an evil super villian because he could fry people with heat vision or something. His power is appropriate and better suited for this show. If you think about it, it actually fits the character very well.

He decides who lives and dies! Literally!

Mairuzu
I like the way you put it lol

Gideon
Extraordinarily underused. It's perhaps Heroes' biggest blunder. That MacDowell was only featured in a handful of episodes is terrible enough, but the way he died magnified it.

An evil ubervillain -- manipulative and behind-the-scenes -- reaching for a gun? When he has six gajillion guards outside the door? Against two youthful opponents (one of whom can phase and the other possessed of superhuman strength)? Not only is that blatantly out of character, but it's impractical. Gimme a ****ing break.

Writers' fiat on an ungodly level.

Captain REX
Too true. Linderman should have called in the guards and forced Niki and D.L. to try fighting through them before they could get him, first.

Mairuzu
I doubt they would have trouble fighting through the guards...

But im sure if linderman did call, they would have killed him... he wanted to get jessica back on his side and sort it out himself..

what i want to know is why DL couldnt have grabbed jessica/nikki and phased through the bullet that he shot at them

Entity
Originally posted by Mairuzu
I doubt they would have trouble fighting through the guards...

But im sure if linderman did call, they would have killed him... he wanted to get jessica back on his side and sort it out himself..

what i want to know is why DL couldnt have grabbed jessica/nikki and phased through the bullet that he shot at them Because he was shot in less than a fraction of a second and his power probably requires conscious activation.

Bespin Bart
Indeed, probably not enough time to get the phasing going.

When he phased through Jessica's sniper bullet in an earlier episode, he knew he was being shot at and had already been hit. He knew it was coming, so phased through it.

In any case, I loved how Linderman first appeared on screen.

"Now you can't have any of my chicken pot pie..."

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Entity
Because he was shot in less than a fraction of a second and his power probably requires conscious activation. He phased through jessica to get infront of her... im sure he knew it was coming

Captain REX
...I'm pretty sure he didn't phase through her to get in front of her. I think that would have killed her. He just threw himself in front.

However, while he may be able to activate his power relatively quickly, exerting it onto another person may not have been as quick.

rickyduck
Maybe... Hiro will go back in time and save Linderman. It could be a key element for the "perfect future".

Captain REX
Somehow I don't think so...Hiro never even met Linderman.

S_D_J
I like to think we will see Linderman again yes

..... in a flashback

*fingers crossed*

rickyduck
Yes but look at it: His dad got killed by someone who wants to kill Peter and Nathan Petrellis mum. Both Peter and Nathan were closely linked to Linderman.

S_D_J
could be possible Hiro met Linderman when he was young... but I highly doubt Hiro knew anything about him... or anything about the Company for that matter

Strangelove
Originally posted by rickyduck
Maybe... Hiro will go back in time and save Linderman. It could be a key element for the "perfect future". You can't change the past - Hiro's already learned this.

Captain REX
Oh yeah! Somehow I completely forgot that...

Mairuzu
...I'm pretty sure he didn't phase through her to get in front of her. I think that would have killed her. He just threw himself in front.

However, while he may be able to activate his power relatively quickly, exerting it onto another person may not have been as quick. first off, it wouldnt kill her if he phased through her as long as he doesnt unphase in her...

and 2nd, if you look closely, i dont know if its the video but his body changed as if hes phasing through it.. might be a video glitch.. you should watch it again, and of course its quick.. did you see when Sylar grabbed peter through the door in 5 years gone?

Captain REX
It would likely harm her, at least, if not kill her. Probably not healthy to have your insides go all liquidy because someone ran through you. DL did that to Jessica the first time we witnessed phasing; he jammed his hand into her chest, phasing all the while, and it incapacitated her.

I remember Peter being grabbed through the door, yes.

And I'll have to find somewhere to watch that episode that works.

Strangelove
If there was a D.L. thread, we would definitely need to be having this conversation in there.

But I assume the effect of being phased through would be the same as when Kitty Pryde does it in X-Men: discomfort.

Captain REX
I'm sure Mr. Linderman felt discomfort.

S_D_J
Originally posted by Strangelove
If there was a D.L. thread, we would definitely need to be having this conversation in there.

But I assume the effect of being phased through would be the same as when Kitty Pryde does it in X-Men: discomfort.

that's what I thought

DL used his phasing with Niki/Jessica to walk through walls... didn't he?

I can't see why phasing through someone would be a problem

Captain REX
It might be a little disruptive to your biological systems...but who knows.

Yes, DL phased through walls with Jessica/Niki, taking her along with her, much as Peter made Claire invisible. However, it may have taken some focus and time (more than it does for DL to activate it with himself...seconds count when it comes to being shot at).

S_D_J
yep... but If we don't have proof (a video) that clearly shows DL phasing through to receive the shot instead of her,... we will never know for sure...

You can't change the past - Hiro's already learned this.

I beg to differ. Hiro did change the past... twice

he warned Peter to save Claire... and Peter saved her, Sylar never killerd her...
and he finally managed to "kill" Sylar by stabbing him with the Katana... something Future Hiro couldnt do... no expression

when he said that, I thought he meant that... there are certain things you can't change... they will happen one way or another

Captain REX
Such as Charlie's death.

Strangelove
Originally posted by S_D_J
I beg to differ. Hiro did change the past... twice

he warned Peter to save Claire... and Peter saved her, Sylar never killerd her...
and he finally managed to "kill" Sylar by stabbing him with the Katana... something Future Hiro couldnt do... no expression From the perspective of the show, Hiro was changing the future, not the past.

That's another basic tenet of time travel philosophy: if you know the future beforehand, you can change it. Just watch Minority Report

S_D_J
From the perspective of the show, Hiro was changing the future, not the past.

That's another basic tenet of time travel philosophy: if you know the future beforehand, you can change it. Just watch Minority Report

If you know the future, you can change it, too true...

but it wasn't present Hiro who changed the future first.... Future Hiro changed the Past by having Peter saved Claire... Sylar never got her power. Future Hiro would have never met Present Hiro, he was never supposed to (at least not by his conscious doing)...

... but there are things that will happen one way or another... you can't change those... Charlie was going to die anyways sad ... the bomb was to explode regardless of what they could do....

... even though Peter saved Claire, the bomb still went off, because Sylar wasn't the bomb. If I'm not mistaken, F. Hiro thought that by having Sylar not getting Claire's power, he would have died by being stabbed or something else, and the explosion will never happen....
Hiro was able to stab Sylar(future Hiro told him to do so), thus stopping him and giving enough time for Nathan to take Peter away...

....from the perspective of the show, Hiro was changing the future... but a change was already made by Future Hiro when he contacted Peter...

chickenlover98
From the perspective of the show, Hiro was changing the future, not the past.

you can change the past. hiro changed how charlie died. she died of a tumor the time he went back

Mairuzu
Originally posted by chickenlover98
you can change the past. hiro changed how charlie died. she died of a tumor the time he went back actually, sylar still killed her even tho she had the tumor, cause he still has her power

General Zink
It was a clot, not a tumor, but yeah, Sylar still killed her.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.