Gladiator vs Supreme

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

endrict
Since they called it a tie.

Who should have won the fight if it had continued?

carver9
if gladiator got more confident while he was fighting, he would have won. I dont know why people on the forum thinks that gladiator lose confindence so easily. If they had gladiator powers and ability, would they lose confidence if someone didnt get koed by one of there punches, I think that they would keep fighting and enjoy the fight and might get stronger.

Hyperion 07
Supreme.

CaptainStoic
I thought that Supreme was written as being four times as powerful as Gladiator in that cross over that was written.

Supreme for the win.

james2099
If he was 4 times stronger than gladiator (WHICH HE WAS NOT) gladiator must have gotten pretty confident when he took supreme off the planet and started kicking his ass in space...REMEMBER THAT GLADIATOR SAID THAT DIRECT COMBAT WOULD TAKE YEARS....MEANING THAT HE FIGURED HE WOULD WIN AFTER A VERY LONG FIGHT....THATS THE WRITERS WAY OF TELLING YOU GLADIATOR WOULD HAVE WON IF IT WENT ON.

Switch 07
Originally posted by james2099
If he was 4 times stronger than gladiator (WHICH HE WAS NOT) gladiator must have gotten pretty confident when he took supreme off the planet and started kicking his ass in space...REMEMBER THAT GLADIATOR SAID THAT DIRECT COMBAT WOULD TAKE YEARS....MEANING THAT HE FIGURED HE WOULD WIN AFTER A VERY LONG FIGHT....THATS THE WRITERS WAY OF TELLING YOU GLADIATOR WOULD HAVE WON IF IT WENT ON. YOU ARE INCREDIBLY WRONG.

FUN TYPING IN CAPS HUH? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sundipped
Originally posted by endrict
Since they called it a tie.

Who should have won the fight if it had continued?

Who called that a tie? Gladiator used his bio aura and faked his death to get out of that bearhug. Glad looked ragged out almost dead while Supreme looked like he could go another 1000 rounds.

james2099
As i thought,People read but fail to understand whats going on and why a person did something to settle or stop an pointless fight,It reminds me of how people say hulk lifted a mountain but hulk himself said he could not lift it but just by looking at something and not reading and UNDERSTANDING people will fool themselfs then reply back with replys that only reinforce how simple vision and lack of understanding makes them argue a point that has no answer when some will say this one will win or that one,And it all comes from a book that the winner is pre-dertermined...Like wrestling..... If it were superman vs supreme then people would forget about the so called 4 times stronger than gladiator thing and say superman would win to suit their desire,And if you use the comics then why is it that superman has beaten the hulk and thor but some people still say that hulk or thor would win?....Its never who WOULD win its who people want to win so it will never end........

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by james2099
As i thought,People read but fail to understand whats going on and why a person did something to settle or stop an pointless fight,It reminds me of how people say hulk lifted a mountain but hulk himself said he could not lift it but just by looking at something and not reading and UNDERSTANDING people will fool themselfs then reply back with replys that only reinforce how simple vision and lack of understanding makes them argue a point that has no answer when some will say this one will win or that one,And it all comes from a book that the winner is pre-dertermined...Like wrestling..... If it were superman vs supreme then people would forget about the so called 4 times stronger than gladiator thing and say superman would win to suit their desire,And if you use the comics then why is it that superman has beaten the hulk and thor but some people still say that hulk or thor would win?....Its never who WOULD win its who people want to win so it will never end........

Exactly. You say that Gladiator would win, so in your mind you are right, even though on panel Supreme was beating the tar out of Gladiator.

Sirius77
Supreme. There's no competition here. He was pwning
gladiator. And it doesn't help that he was practically insane either.
The guy practically killed for sport. He was pretty violent.

Dexter_Morgan
Can't stand either (except when Moore wrote Supreme), at least Supreme beat up Thor (his Thor). Yup i'll go with Supreme!

Soljer
Originally posted by Dexter_Morgan
Can't stand either (except when Moore wrote Supreme), at least Supreme beat up Thor (his Thor). Yup i'll go with Supreme!

Supreme vs. Superman?

Dexter_Morgan
Depends on the Supreme, Moores was very "precrisis" and quite excellent. The other "original" image one was the kind of ultra violent/badly written Liefield, early nineties character that sucked monkey balls and is best forgotten imo.

james2099
See what i mean?..Gladiator was trying to save lives and fight at the same time but as expected people will forget that point and act as if he got beaten to death so i see that half the story will be told....And for the person that said i said gladiator would win..... This is why i said that...Who did the writer have say that direct combat would take years?..If it takes you 6 months to build a car you still get the job done,As i have told you its the writers way of telling you who would have won if it went on...Its just like when thor fought the HE.... HE one shotted thor but then said that thor let his guard down or was distracted...Again its the writers telling you why that happened and thor was not flat-out beaten..Learn to read between the lines and any battle will be easy to see who would really win.

CaptainStoic
It states in the comic that Supreme is stronger, and more powerful than Gladiator. Where should I begin to read? How do you interpret anything other than what was written?

Gladiator continues to lose to guys that Supreme would demolish. In an interview Rob Liefeld was asked the question of whether someone like Colossus could give Supreme a decent fight, and he laughed stating "Supreme is much stronger than any Man of Steel". Was he reffering to Colossus or Superman? I was under the impression that he was talking about the latter.

Just remember I can create a Super Hero, and say that he is 10 times as strong as Superman and give him powers so ridiculous that readers will have no choice but to agree. That's just the way that these things go. Rob did just that. He created a Super Hero and gave it the name Supreme for the sole purpose of putting him above characters of similar power sets.

Gladiator lost the fight, and even if he was more focused he would have still lost. Supreme. This fight took place a while back, so forgive me if I am a little foggy on the blow by blows, but didn't Supreme punch Gladiator through a sun, and break his ribs before they got on the planet filled with people? Does anyone have scans of the fight, the better part of my collection is in another country collecting dust.

Switch 07
If I post the fight will this be settled?

Sundipped
Originally posted by Switch 07
If I post the fight will this be settled?

Yes please post the pwning. This was a long fight from start to finish.

Switch 07
24 pages long.

Might take a while.

Lord Prime
Supreme was wippin that ass in that fight, Supreme ftw.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.