Animal Man versus Vixen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tjcoady
Classic Vixen powers... none of this silly, plot contrived "draws powers from other JLA members" schtick...

fight takes place in the San Diego zoo... just imagine they have any earth creatures abilities to call upon... can Buddy take out Vixen?

HandOfFate
Originally posted by tjcoady
Classic Vixen powers... none of this silly, plot contrived "draws powers from other JLA members" schtick...

This is actually the next logical step in her abilities

fight takes place in the San Diego zoo... just imagine they have any earth creatures abilities to call upon... can Buddy take out Vixen?

I give it to Vixen

Gecko4lif
vixen because she has a nice rack

Sirius77
It could go either way. Unless Animal Man uses his
Sun Eater powers.

batdude123
Animal Man owns her.

tjcoady
Originally posted by HandOfFate
This is actually the next logical step in her abilities

I give it to Vixen

not really. it's completely deus ex machina. Her powers are not innate... she has the Tantu Totem, which connects her only to "lower" life forms (not my words)... besides, the morphonegenic field (the red) only contains the templates for species... a metahuman wouldn't have it's own distinct template to draw from... IE, she could borrow say, Superman's or J'onn's powers because they're not the same species, but it doesn't make any sense for her to be able to borrow someone like Black Lightning's powers.

Animal Man takes her down.

HandOfFate
not really. it's completely deus ex machina. Her powers are not innate...

Actually her powers would have to be innate because only people of her bloodline can use the totem.

she has the Tantu Totem, which connects her only to "lower" life forms (not my words)...

I have an almost complete list of Vixen's appearances and I have never seen anything about a connection to only "lower" life forms.

besides, the morphonegenic field (the red) only contains the templates for species... a metahuman wouldn't have it's own distinct template to draw from..

I look at meta-humans in DC, the same way I look at mutates in Marvel. The potential for mutation was already there, they just needed an outside source to trigger it

IE, she could borrow say, Superman's or J'onn's powers because they're not the same species, but it doesn't make any sense for her to be able to borrow someone like Black Lightning's powers.

Again, the potential must have already been there, seeing that his power are now innate. Also, you're fine with her borrowing powers from an alien species but against her borrowing from other humans. confused

Animal Man takes her down.

In the long run, Vixen will wins the fight because she a better fighter.

SevenShackles
Animal Man destroys her.

tjcoady
Actually her powers would have to be innate because only people of her bloodline can use the totem.

I have an almost complete list of Vixen's appearances and I have never seen anything about a connection to only "lower" life forms.

I look at meta-humans in DC, the same way I look at mutates in Marvel. The potential for mutation was already there, they just needed an outside source to trigger it

Again, the potential must have already been there, seeing that his power are now innate. Also, you're fine with her borrowing powers from an alien species but against her borrowing from other humans. confused

In the long run, Vixen will wins the fight because she a better fighter.

my point about drawing powers from other species (Kryptonians and Martians) I feel is valid- some people have larger brains than others, and other people have larger muscles, and in the DC universe, some can shoot lightening from their hands. Vixen and Animal Man both can't draw powers from beings that are also humans, because both of them derive powers from the morphogenetic field, which exists in a kind of Platonic otherworld- ie, it has the perfected version of a species to draw on the abilities from. There is only one template for a human, which has all of the characteristics that make up a human. There is no template for "Black Lightening" in the morphogentic field to draw upon... but there would be one for Martians and Kryptonians.

SevenShackles
Vixen borrows from an animal in heat and makes sweet sweet manimal on manimal love on camera with animal man, shows his wife. gets him divorced which leads to animal man suffering from depression and taking his own life...

if not animal man kicks her skull in =D

HandOfFate
my point about drawing powers from other species (Kryptonians and Martians) I feel is valid- some people have larger brains than others, and other people have larger muscles, and in the DC universe, some can shoot lightening from their hands. Vixen and Animal Man both can't draw powers from beings that are also humans, because both of them derive powers from the morphogenetic field, which exists in a kind of Platonic otherworld- ie, it has the perfected version of a species to draw on the abilities from. There is only one template for a human, which has all of the characteristics that make up a human. There is no template for "Black Lightening" in the morphogentic field to draw upon... but there would be one for Martians and Kryptonians.

Okay, where are you getting your information?

IIRC, the Red/ Life-web/ Morphogenetic Field is part of every living thing that has ever walked, swam, or flown on the Earth. (This was explained in Animal Man #49)

Galan007
Animal Man, and easily at that.

Most simply do not realize what he can do. none

HandOfFate
Originally posted by Galan007
Animal Man, and easily at that.

Most simply do not realize what he can do. none

Couldn't you say the same thing about Vixen?

Galan007
Couldn't you say the same thing about Vixen? Not unless Vixen has accomplished tasks on a Universal level.

HandOfFate
Originally posted by Galan007
Not unless Vixen has accomplished tasks on a Universal level.

She helped Animal Man make a universe and can easily mimic any of Bubby's mimicked abilities.

Endrict Nuul
Bump

complexbrother
Originally posted by SevenShackles
Vixen borrows from an animal in heat and makes sweet sweet manimal on manimal love on camera with animal man, shows his wife. gets him divorced which leads to animal man suffering from depression and taking his own life...

if not animal man kicks her skull in =D

laughing eek! smokin' I agree thumb up

Enyalus
Originally posted by SevenShackles

Damn. That was beautiful.

Classic NES
gay

comicfan11
Animal Man
More experienced plus the whole Sun Eater thing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.