Better Villains: Yu Yu Hakusho or Dragonball Z?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Shin_Nikkolas
Just an idle question.

Which of these two anime/manga had the better cast of bad guys?

Do provide your reasons, too. Can be based on their personality, their design, their plot, their actions, anything.

For me, I'd have to say YYH wins handily. DBZ had an okay plot for what it was but Yu Yu Hakusho's plot definitely was more involving for me. And thus the antagonists were all better for it. They all got deep explanations and exploration which sets them apart from most DBZ bad guys.

Kero_Co
DBZ
---------
Krillen: Hey Goku, lets go to my place and pick up some sausages, I love sausages!
Goku: I am a little hungry......
Master Roshi: TIG O.....BITTIES!

*bamf*

Villain: HAHAHA! I stole all the sausages because I'm evil. Watch as I eat them, then destroy one of your friends or something, pissing you off enough to gain just enough power to beat the living hell out of me! MWAHAHAHAHA! I'm not wearing any underwear!
-----------
Yu Yu Hakusho
----------
Yusuke: What do you have to eat around here Kuwabara?
Kuwabara: Just a few sausages.....
Hiei: Sausages? You force me to go on these crazy life threatening adventures and all we got to eat are some god **** sausages? **** this, I'm outta here.

*bamf*

Kuwabara: That guys stealing all our sausages!
Yusuke: Hey dumb***, what the hell are you doing with Kuwabara's sausages?
Villain: Sausages killed my grandmother, I decided that all the sausages must be destroyed in order to save mankind, even if I have to sell my soul to the devil in order to do it, which I did. Also, I'm not wearing any underwear.
-----------------
I like Yuyu's villains better, although I don't mind villains that are evil just for the sake of it. Kefka is awesome.

grey fox
Dbz's villains.

I mean come on, they had a crazy-ass grasshopper lookin' motherf*cker !

ensatsu-ken
Well, it depends. In terms of whose stronger, DBZ villains would crush the YYH villains. But on the other hand, in terms of who has more substance, I like Toguro and Sensui from YYH, much greater than any DBZ villain. Rather than just being the typical evil bad guy who wants to blow the sh*t out of stuff, and take over/destroy various planets around the universe, Toguro and Sensui actually had some motives, and much more depth to their characters. They had a good side and a bad side, just as a good guy might have, and under other circumstances, they could have been good. At any rate, I found them to be much deeper than the typical villains who you would basically assume to have been born evil, and inhuman (and I don't mean that in the context of race, but rather in the context of behavior and personality). Other than that, the villains from YYH and DBZ were pretty much equal, IMO (and I don't really count any of the 3 Kings as villains; even though I find them each to be deep characters in certain ways). However, just having Toguro and Sensui, is enough to make me say that I like the YYH villains much better than the DBZ villains wink .

Warmonger
The DBZ villans were cheesy as hell, but the angsty whiney little girls in YYH made me want to kill myself with their girlsih crying. Go DBZ

Hidden Lotus
yu yu for me
for some reason, the villlains ACTUALLY look and act evil and stuff
not like DBZ
did you notice that all the villains on DBZ are like highly colorful and homo looking? stick out tongue
YU YU ftwwoot

Shin_Nikkolas
Toguro didn't cry when he told everyone "no, **** you. I am going to suffer 10,000 years of the worst torture possible and then be erased." He just calmly walked to his fate.

Also Sokyo. A lot of villains bet and lose. They risk their lives but when it goes south, they ***** out. Sokyo bet his life and lost. Then accepted calmly his fate.

Accel
I'd probably go with YYH villains. For the most part, they had legitimate reasons to stir up shit, while most of the DBZ villains mainly wanted to destroy stuff or prove they were more powerful than any body else.

Violent2Dope
Toguro by his damn self wins it for YYH. Great example of a tragic villain.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.