Scary Animes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SelphieT
Hey guys, I'm really interested in checking out some horror-like animes, and I was wondering if you guys could suggest me some stuff.

I've briefly seen Akira, and I plan on rewatching it, cause as a child, that scared me shitless.

Anyone have any suggestions for what I should see?

Black Adam
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Cam6haL1HNM

(keep in mind that the first few seconds of the first episode is what your going to get as the series progresses. Don't be put off by the cutesy things right after bloody flashback)

Monster is also very good.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WwlCu5TBneE

don't expect any big supernatural type monsters though.

SelphieT
Now, are those both series, or actual movies?

Black Adam
Originally posted by SelphieT
Now, are those both series, or actual movies?

series. Though if you're only looking for movies

Blood the last vampire is good.

I've also heard good things about Perfect Blue..though I've never had the chance to watch it.

SelphieT
Originally posted by Black Adam
series. Though if you're only looking for movies

Blood the last vampire is good.

I've also heard good things about Perfect Blue..though I've never had the chance to watch it.

I'm interested in both, but mainly movies. I'll have to check those both out too.

Kero_Co
Bio Hunter, bloody and fitting. There are a few unsettling scenes in tjis one.

Blood Reign, It's like Ninja Scroll, but darker an bloodier. Not better, but not bad.

3x3 Eyes, isn't exactly scary but it has the mood in the same way as Akira.

Darkside Blues, again not exactly scary, but has the mood. Confusing and it doesn't try to make any sense.

Some are movie, some arn't. The ones that arn't are short enough to be on one DVD though.

leonheartmm
noir, evangelion{hey it can be creepy}, blood, deathnote maybe if u found akira scary, wicked city,

if your talking about psychologically disturbing then there are quite a few.

leonheartmm
narutaru and fruit basket can also be unsettling at times. same goes for things like devil boy and angel sanctuary.

ud have more luck finding horror MANGA{comics} than actual ovas and anime.

ensatsu-ken
I've never actually found an anime to be truly be scary, but if I had to name something, Petshop of Horrors sort of freaked me out in a few ways stick out tongue .

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.