Reversed Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Subjekt
Not sure if this type has been done or will succeed, but here goes anyway.

Instead of having one or two people go through a list of 10 character stages, i want one goal with multiple participants. It'll be somewhat similar, but still different (I hope).

Ok, all the runners will have to go through this with the ultimate goal of killing GG, kinda like capture the flag.

GG will be in Jabba's palace above the Rancor and will have Jabba's and his own guards in place. Each runner has to get inside and kill GG (who can fight back obviously).

As guards we have the pigs (don't know how to spell their species, sry), Boba, Greedo, 4 magna guards, a rancor, 2 droidekas (you can place the order if you'd like), and for the hell of it, Maul right before GG.

No rest, they just go until they're stopped. Who succeeds?

OB1 (rots)
Anakin (rots)
Sidious(rots)
Han
Chewie
Dooku (aotc)
Yoda
QGJ
Vader(mech)
Jango

If this doesn't work, then close it, but i was thinking about this last night when i was hammered, so yea. if they don't make, say who stops them.

Manslayer
Intresting darth subjeckt, id like to call it The massacre gauntlet.

Ill speak on the jedi, Im sure ROTS anakin, Dooku vader yoda and sidious would make it but not to sure about the rest.

Ill catch up on this tmr, tired now

Darth Subjekt
Ok, to make it a little more even for the general, add it Assaj before Maul.

Or if anyone has any ideas to make it more difficult or interesting, let me know.

vader11
Originally posted by Manslayer
Intresting darth subjeckt, id like to call it The massacre gauntlet.

Ill speak on the jedi, Im sure ROTS anakin, Dooku vader yoda and sidious would make it but not to sure about the rest.I agree.

Blax_Hydralisk
Well, with Assaj added, it'll be tough. But I believe that Anakin, Dooku, Yoda, Vader, and Palps can make it.

Darth Subjekt
And rememebr that right after Assaj they have Maul with no rest.

Se7in
I'm not exactly sure how the Hell this works...

Each of the participants try it at the same time? Do they go individually? If they do go at the same time, are they working together or against each other?

Darth Subjekt
Sorry. Each combatant goes individually, and the guards are aware of and ready for their arrival.

Borbarad
Han, Chewie and Jango would make it through the guards (maybe) but die at least when confronting a force user.

A combination of Asajj followed by Maul after that without rest might be too much for Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Anakin and maybe Vader.

Yoda, Sidious and Dooku would force pimp-slap their way through the opposition. Those three make it for sure and pretty comfortably I'd say.

Blax_Hydralisk
Vader is dumped into the group with Dooku, Sids and Yoda. He's no slouch in the force either.

Darth Subjekt
Neither is Anakin in saber combat. Would someone of his caliber really not be able to make to GG?

Blax_Hydralisk
I agree.

ThoraxeRMG
I too agree

Borbarad
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Vader is dumped into the group with Dooku, Sids and Yoda. He's no slouch in the force either.

Well...he's 80 % of Sidious if you want to thrust Lucas. The point is he, unlike Dooku and Sidious, isn't capable of using force lightning so opponents like Asajj and Maul might be harder for him than for Sidious and Dooku while Yoda would also definetly level them with the force. I don't really see Vader doing the same.

I mean...okay...one could say that he would slap Asajj around but he would be in need to melee Maul to death after this. If you think he's capable of doing that he would most likely make it through (as GG doesn't have any force defence).

Anakin always had some nice problems with Asajj. If you move in Maul right after Anakin (most likely) defeated Asajj but without giving Anakin any rest I don't know if he would be able to take Maul out under that circumstances.

Thiru
Its not like vader doesnt have a lightsaber to block lightning and OT vader is surely superior to asaji in the force

Borbarad
Originally posted by Thiru
Its not like vader doesnt have a lightsaber to block lightning and OT vader is surely superior to asaji in the force

Urm. I mentioned force lightning because Dooku and Sidious would tool people like Ventress rather easily with it. Vader (in any form) can't do that.

Blax_Hydralisk
He can't just snap her neck with the force? I've actually imagined that it'd be easier to dodge lightning then a force attack, because lightning is tangible and visible, making it easier to dodge/block, while the force is invisible and instantaneous, and Vader doesn't need to make any movements to use the force.. so Assaj and maul wouldn't see it coming.

Borbarad
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
He can't just snap her neck with the force? I've actually imagined that it'd be easier to dodge lightning then a force attack, because lightning is tangible and visible, making it easier to dodge/block, while the force is invisible and instantaneous, and Vader doesn't need to make any movements to use the force.. so Assaj and maul wouldn't see it coming.

Yes. And because it's that easy we don't see everybody and their mothers snapping the necks of opponents who are capable of using the force. roll eyes (sarcastic)

You are aware of the fact that the first thing a Jedi learns (according to Mace) is how to counter TK attacks of other force users ? I say a little "neck snapping" attempt would be quite useless.

Gideon
Originally posted by Borbarad
Yes. And because it's that easy we don't see everybody and their mothers snapping the necks of opponents who are capable of using the force. roll eyes (sarcastic)

True, but, then again... an untrained, half-mad Zannah did it to two Jedi at the end of PoD, right? Vader might not WTFpwn Asajj with the Force in one attack, but he is -- in all incarnations -- her superior (with the Force) and she has no chance against him (in a Force fight).

Blax_Hydralisk
Exactly..

I mean, honestly, yes there would be a high chance of someone who is Vader's equal. But Vader literally dwarfs Assaj in his force capabilities. She can do nothing against him..

Thiru
What about that force crush technique where he easily snaps a large tree, crush 10 wild dogs at once and destroyed a medical room when angry?

How do you defend against a tk technique anyway? We have seen bane smash through qordis force shield easily with force choke because he is superior to qordis in the force, i would imagine the same happening to assaji with vader, a proficient user of that technique.

I think vaders TK attacks are remarkable though lesser to sidious and kun seeing that he chokes xizor when he is on coruscant while vader is on the devastaro star destoyer. Thats a pretty far distance apart

Borbarad
Originally posted by Thiru
What about that force crush technique where he easily snaps a large tree, crush 10 wild dogs at once and destroyed a medical room when angry?

And how much of those targets where force users and therefore capable to put up some defence against such attacks ? Oh yes. Thanks.

You would have to differ between force potential and force control. Anakin as of RotS was lacking force control while he had a pretty high potential - Vader in suit was lacking the potential but, over the years, developed more force control.

Yet you act as if Asajj was some sort of completely newbie when it came to force related skills. Apparently she almost killed a post AotC-Anakin and did the same with a Kenobi just weeks before the RotS storyline. Not to mention her displays of force powers in the CW cartoons as well as in the comics. Aside of that you completely ignore Maul here - I doubt that a tired Vader would archieve some sort of landslide victory here.

I wonder how distance is related to the power required to perform some sort of telekinesis by manipulating a mystical energy field that surrounds the entire galaxy.

Thiru

Yet you act as if Asajj was some sort of completely newbie when it came to force related skills. Apparently she almost killed a post AotC-Anakin and did the same with a Kenobi just weeks before the RotS storyline. Not to mention her displays of force powers in the CW cartoons as well as in the comics. Aside of that you completely ignore Maul here - I doubt that a tired Vader would archieve some sort of landslide victory here.

Well even if she did put up a defence or resistance wouldn't vader still break through it despite he is a superior force user who has had tutelage from sidious over the last 20 years? The same happened to qordis and bane, a supeior force user can break through an inferior force users defence

EDIT i am talking about a fully rested vader, not a tired one. Something more on a 1v1 fight

I believe that by the OT vader has much greater control and mastery of the force than he was at the time of ROTS

I wonder how distance is related to the power required to perform some sort of telekinesis by manipulating a mystical energy field that surrounds the entire galaxy. Then its ironic some people(not you) act like as if freedon nadd attacking vodo from the other side of the galaxy makes him a god and use it to dispute it as a fact he is superior to 95% of the sw force users

Count Makashi
I think, Sidious, Dooku, Yoda, OT Vader, ROTS Anakin make it for sure and maybe ROTS Obi-Wan.

Han, Chewie, Jango and Qui-Gon fail for sure.

Some are saying ROTS Anakin cant do it, but his sabers skills are incredible, not to mention his Force reserves, stamina... are pretty much unlimited, i don't think he would get tired, or even break a sweet in this scenario.

The case for OT Vader - i think the only real problem here would be Maul, i don't think Asajj would be any problem for him. Dooku got rid of ROTS Kenobi, while fending off Anakin, i am sure, that Vader, who has a greater Force Mastery then Dooku(by a little, but still greater) can get rid off Asajj, (who is weaker then Kenobi) with no trouble at all and not get tired at all.

((The_Anomaly))
In Dark Rendezvous Dooku completely punked Asajj with the force effortlessly, she isnt even a factor for Sidious, Anakin, Yoda, OT Vader, or Dooku obviously. Maul also inst really a factor for any of these people either. They all can do it. Everyone else probably cant.

Sidious and Yoda would completely curbstomp everyone all the way through. Anakin and Dooku would make it without much trouble. OT Vader while Superior to all the enemies with the force by leaps, would face trouble if it was a saber battle where as everyone else would not face much trouble.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.