Genesis

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Remindme
http://www.sextonivel.com/images/2007/06/566520-330x1000.jpg

Genesis Rhapsodos is a mysterious first Class SOLDIER, said to have rebelled against Shinra and disappeared during the Wutai war. His birth is similar to Sephiroth, though he was infused with G-cells. He became best friends with Angeal when they were young, both joining SOLDIER together. It was only until after a sparring match with Sephiroth that Genesis started to show signs of having white hair and became weaker than he ever was. It was during the Wutai war that Genesis abandoned Shinra and kidnapped Dr. Hollander to help him stop his degeneration, creating copies of Genesis using his DNA on people. He carried a book on his person called Loveless, quoting lines of the Goddess Minerva. Eventually, Genesis saw his chance of survival in Jenova's cells to stop his degeneration. However, the Nibelhiem incident removed any chance until he learned of Cloud and Zack being injected with Jenova's cells, recovering a few strands of Zack's hair. Though he might to stop the degeneration, Genesis was defeated by Zack, weaken to the point of being taken by Weiss. Soon after, records of Genesis' existence are erased and his fate unknown other that his genetic makeup was emulated in the creation of the Deepground organization seen in Dirge of Cerberus, led by Weiss himself. In the epilogue of Dirge of Cerberus, Genesis appears to carry Weiss away while saying "its not time for slumber, we still have much work to do, my brother". Genesis' appearance was modelled after that of the Japanese singer Gackt, who voiced him also in the Japanese versions of Dirge of Cerberus and Crisis Core.

Crisis Core

Childhood friend of Angeal Hewley, and product of Jenova Project G (Gillian). He was, either at birth or during his childhood, given Jenova "G" Cells by Dr. Hollander, in an attempt to create the ultimate lifeform before Hojo. The attempt was a failure, resulting in Genesis' constant degeneration, unless periodically exposed to Stagnant Mako. He's always been good friends with Sephiroth, though ultimately became jealous of him and his status of a hero. In the scene famously seen across the internet and trailers, the three of them, Genesis, Sephiroth and Angeal, trained together. During this battle, Genesis called of Angeal and asked to Sephiroth alone, desperate to prove that he, too, could be a hero. The battle continually increased in scale, with Sephiroth seeming to easily dominate and Genesis becoming more and more aggresive, until Angeal stepped between the two, stopping both their weapons. Genesis, enraged, summoned a Thundaga spell to his hand and destroyed Angeal's sword in an attempt to strike past him, at Sephiroth. The destroyed sword managed to pierce his shoulder deeply, wounding him. He left the room ashamed at his loss of self-control, both Sephiroth and Angeal refusing to look at him as he left.

Unable to accept that he was both inhuman and a failure, he set out to accomplish the goals of a monster, which are, according to Angeal, "Revenge and world conquest."

Soon after Zack strikes down Genesis, he suddenly appears in a place what seems to be the lifestream. As he looks around, he sees a statue in the distance. Suddenly, it begins to glow, and so Genesis walks towards it. The statue begin to morph into a female figure who is named Minerva, the goddess of Gaia, who bears a resemblance to Safer Sephiroth. She bears the rings on her back, has a wing above her head, and carries a lance. As Genesis stands in front of her, she disappears, and everything turns black. Genesis begins to fall into the darkness, and the lifestream follows and gathers with him.

He did not die, however. Zack takes him out of the cave they fought in and sets him next to Cloud and Lazard, now an Angeal copy, before eating a Banola White, the "Stupid Apple" that Genesis managed to create as a child, and accepted it as his Gift from the Goddess. Zack begs him not to die, as Angeal and (as far as he knew) Sephiroth did after becoming monsters. He is abandoned there as Zack and Cloud leave. Shortly thereafter, a helicopter arrives and both Nero and Weiss arrive, in full black SOLDIER 1st Class uniforms, bearing the insignia of Deep Ground. They airlift him away from the scene.

rCPg_NZnXYk

Genesis Powers & Abilites

Genesis had a special sword, that appears to be able to be activated to achieve it's true power. He also can use fire balls that can lock on the the target, exploding on impact. Genesis appears to be a very skilled swordsman, but is no match for Sephiroth in their Training match

Sol Valentine
Genisis has cool hair.

fascistcrusader
Just for clarification. G cells aren't actually Jenova cells. They are the cells of Gillian Hewley, a woman injected with Jenova cells.

Remindme
Did i not mention that?

Originally posted by Remindme
product of Jenova Project G (Gillian). He was, either at birth or during his childhood, given Jenova "G" Cells by Dr. Hollander, in an attempt to create the ultimate lifeform before Hojo.

fascistcrusader
Looks like you forgot to, you called them Jenova G cells, never specifying they aren't cells from Jenovam, but cells from a woman injected with Jenova cells.

Also, Genesis has never been exposed to stagnant mako. Nero the Sable is the only successful experiment resulting from giving stagnant mako to a human, the only one that survived.

Remindme
Thats what Jenova "G" cells are, the cells of Gillian, the woman who was first injected with cells of jenova.

And i didn't say he exposed himself to stagnant mako. I said he could have stopped his degeneration by exposing himself to stagnant mako.

fascistcrusader
They're just called G cells. They aren't the cells of Jenova, just the cells of Gillian.

The word could does not appear anywhere in this sentence. You tell it as if it were fact.

Remindme
Originally posted by fascistcrusader
They're just called G cells. They aren't the cells of Jenova, just the cells of Gillian.

The word could does not appear anywhere in this sentence. You tell it as if it were fact.

But because they were the cells of a previous Jenova experiment they are referred to as Jenova "G" cells

I may aswell say he could stop the degeneration by being cryogenically frozen, because it would only stop the degeneration while he would be in it, I thought that much was obvious to be honest. (Though Jenova cells are unaffected by the cold, so the frozen thing wouldn't actually work, i was just making a point)

fascistcrusader
Have you played Crisis Core? They are called G cells, nothing else. Jenova G cells is improper because it implies they are cells from Jenova, which they are not.

Or you could just say what we're told in Crisis Core, that Hollander can temporairly stop G's degradation and that Genesis needs to visit him periodically to keep from degenerating. That is better than presenting a false theory as fact.

Remindme
Have you played Crisis Core? They are called G cells, nothing else. Jenova G cells is improper because it implies they are cells from Jenova, which they are not.

Or you could just say what we're told in Crisis Core, that Hollander can temporairly stop G's degradation and that Genesis needs to visit him periodically to keep from degenerating. That is better than presenting a false theory as fact.

They are jenova cells though not pure, thus for the sake of those who have not played crisis core, that what i choose to call them, problem?

Nah, i choose the facts as told by the officalls, Genesis kidnapped Hollander, and he didn't slow it down he was trynig to stop it or so i understand

Sol Valentine
Genesis looks gay.

fascistcrusader
No, they are not Jenova cells at all. They are the cells of a human woman named Gillian Hewley. Its confusing people when you call them Jenova cells, since they don't comw from Jenova.

And Hollander only had a temporary fix, which is why Genesis satrted looking for Jenova cells to stop it permanenetly. Hollander says at one point "If you kill me who will stop your degeneration?" To which G replies "Jenova's cells." Hollander was only doing a temp solution to G's problem, but it didn't last forever.

fascistcrusader
Just because he likes poetry and theater, and looks a little effeminate doesn't mean anything.

shin_gear
It's his opinion that he looks gay.

That pic would drive so many FF fangirls insane. You should've picked a different pic. That does indeed look gay, not discriminating against anyone though.

Remindme
I like that pic.... sad

shin_gear
What the f**k?

lol..jk

ESB -1138

He said "unless periodically exposed to Stagnant Mako," he never said Genesis was exposed.

Sol Valentine
I like that pic.... sad

He's still cool though.

ThoraxeRMG
Wow, he has Kinda has cells of Jenova. big grin

Superboy Prime
Level 49 training ground 313

I wonder if it is safe to assume Angeal was lvl 49 during that movie.

MadMel
laughing out loud

fascistcrusader
Re read the sentence.

He says right there Genesis is exposed to stagnant mako to prevent degradation.

Darkhalen
He's Cool he has Jenova cells in a way but he still looks to feminine

Remindme
Re read the sentence.

I am confident in what i said, I at no point in that sentence said he was actually exposed, i said him being exposed would have resulted in his degeration stopping, but nothin of him actually being exposed

fascistcrusader
When you say he is periodically exposed to stagnant mako to stop his degradation, you're saying he's been exposed to it. Also, stagnant mako would not stop his degradation, it would kill him. There is nothing anywhere suggesting that stagnant mako would stop it.

SHM
A curiosity: The CC Ultimania explains that after being defeated by Zack, Genesis recovered his pride as a SOLDIER. Then Weiss and Nero rescued him, and asked if he wanted to help them fight against the Restrictors. He refused, and sealed himself in the water-filled chamber below Midgar.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by SHM
A curiosity: The CC Ultimania explains that after being defeated by Zack, Genesis recovered his pride as a SOLDIER. Then Weiss and Nero rescued him, and asked if he wanted to help them fight against the Restrictors. He refused, and sealed himself in the water-filled chamber below Midgar.

How would getting pawned by Zack make him proud as a SOLDIER?

*Confused*

SHM
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
How would getting pawned by Zack make him proud as a SOLDIER?

*Confused*

He recovered his pride after being defeated by Zack, NOT because he was defeated by him.

It probably had something to do with G being cured of his deterioration and meeting his Goddess.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by SHM
He recovered his pride after being defeated by Zack, NOT because he was defeated by him.

It probably had something to do with G being cured of his deterioration and meeting his Goddess.

That explains it. I thought he was some sort of sadomasochist, but that explains it. Genesis is cool.

Remindme
When you say he is periodically exposed to stagnant mako to stop his degradation, you're saying he's been exposed to it. Also, stagnant mako would not stop his degradation, it would kill him. There is nothing anywhere suggesting that stagnant mako would stop it.

You from the US or UK?

No it wouldn't, what makes you think it would?

And yes it would stop it, stop questioning me, you think I'd make a Respect thread on Lies? mad

Blax_Hydralisk
http://www.sextonivel.com/images/2007/06/566520-330x1000.jpg

Tell me with straight face that this a dude.

Remindme
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Tell me with straight face that this a dude.

Ummm... no

ESB -1138

He says unless; not was; unless.

fascistcrusader
No it wouldn't, stagnant mako would kill Genesis. Where did you get idea from anyway? You might not make a respect thread on lies, but you already made one with bad information.

He said "unless he was," meaning he is saying that Genesis was exposed periodically to stop his degeneration. That is what the sentence implies, whether it meant to or not.

ESB -1138
He said "unless he was," meaning he is saying that Genesis was exposed periodically to stop his degeneration. That is what the sentence implies, whether it meant to or not.

He never said he was. Unless he was means that the degeneration wouldn't have stopped UNLESS he was injected. Unless is the key word.

fascistcrusader
Let me make this clear for you.

That statement says Genesis is a failure that constantly degrades unless periodically exposed to stagnant mako. Because Genesis is quite healthy looking up until the time of Crisis Core, it heavily implies he was being exposed to it until then. And to top that off stagnant mako wouldn't do anything to Genesis but kill him.

shin_gear
Why do these FF7 fans get so pissy when someone says something either incorrect or they don't agree with?

j/k

fascistcrusader
There's no point in allowing misinformation to spread if you can stop it at the source. Think of all the trouble that we could have saved if people stopped the "revive Aerith" rumors before they started.

ESB -1138
There's no point in allowing misinformation to spread if you can stop it at the source. Think of all the trouble that we could have saved if people stopped the "revive Aerith" rumors before they started.

You can revive Aerith; Gameshark!

fascistcrusader
Cheater!

Remindme
Seriously, those things should have spoilers on them

Besides, you only find those things if your looking for cheats anyway IMO

Plus If she dies in a cinematic it's painfully obvious it's supposed to be like that. Plus all the runnnig around in the Cityo f Ancients would never happen if she was supposed ot live, because you were trying to find out what she did, if she was alive you could have just asked her. Some of those things just need a bit of common sense

fascistcrusader
People never said she was alive, they said you could ressurect her.

The point is that while it should be obvious she can't be brought back, because someone decided to go ahead and start some rumors about it the internet was infested with misinformation and people left and right asking how to revive her. It was a problem that could have been avoided.

Remindme
People never said she was alive, they said you could ressurect her.

The point is that while it should be obvious she can't be brought back, because someone decided to go ahead and start some rumors about it the internet was infested with misinformation and people left and right asking how to revive her. It was a problem that could have been avoided.

Kay, i'll be assuming you at one time was runnnig around like a headless chicken trying to revive her?

Sorry i was totally absorbed into it when i was playing, didn't look anything up till i finished, then i got the other date's you can get ^-^

fascistcrusader
No, I never attempted to revive her. I was just extremely annoyed with every FF VII board I was on being flooded with "how do I revive Aerith?" topics.

Remindme
To be honest i never thought of it as a huge problem that you're trying to make it out to be.

fascistcrusader
You haven't visited many FF VII forums then, have you?

Csdabest
Probably not. And i would assume Sephiroth was around lvl 50?

MadMel
rCPg_NZnXYk does anyone here know where i can actually download this?

MadMel
sorry for the double post
i found one http://stage6.divx.com/user/endokoji/video/1650016/GENESIS-&-Angeal-Vs--Sephiroth
great full screen quality big grin

Shin_Nikkolas
Pretty strange since his Goddess snubbed him.

One thought: Jenova cells, being completely alien, can't return to the Planet and the Lifestream, correct? But G's cells, being the cells of a human woman that have integrated with Jenova cells over time, can they return to the Planet just fine?

shin_gear
Originally posted by MadMel
sorry for the double post
i found one http://stage6.divx.com/user/endokoji/video/1650016/GENESIS-&-Angeal-Vs--Sephiroth
great full screen quality big grin You bet. Damn!

Also I can embed it on my site. 13

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.