Angeal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Remindme
Angeal Hewley, pronounced On-gil, the First Class SOLDIER who is the son of Gillian Hewley, result of Project Gillian and is often in action together with Zack Fair in Crisis Core. His true character is stoic and serious, and he gets along well with the 1st Classes, Sephiroth and Genesis. His age is 25

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z156/DiffidentAngel/309px-Angeal_Hewley.jpg

Before the events of Crisis Core, Gillian Hewley lived with Dr. Hollander and became married. Whilst he was still in Shinra, Hollander tried to surpass Professor Hojo and create a Cetra before him and anybody else. This experiment was named "Project Gillian". Using his wife, he infused her with Jenova cells and impregnanting her. The result of this was Angeal Hewley.

Many years later, he is a mentor to members in SOLDIER and is also the the mentor of Zack Fair throughout the game. He owns the enormous Buster Sword, but rarely uses it for some reason and claims that it would be a waste. In the new trailer, it appears he does not go on the mission to find Genesis with Zack and Sephiroth leading Sephiroth to question his loyalty, especially when Angeal decides to aid Genesis. Angeal bears two white right wings on his back which seems to cause him some uneasiness as he considers it the trait of a monster. Whether or not these wings connect him with either Sephiroth or Genesis is not yet known.

Though Angeal appears to be less skilled that either, Genesis and Sephiroth, he has not yet shown his skill with the Buster sword, claiming it would be a waste.

Sol Valentine
Nice. I thought he was Zacks brother.

fascistcrusader
I respect him, who can't love a guy who has the Buster Sword as an heirloom of his family.

Sol Valentine
he's in Zack's family!?!?!

fascistcrusader
No, the Buster Sword was an heirloom in Angeal's family. Zack and Angeal are not related though.

Remindme
Zacks personal tutor, Also he would probably still be a first class without the jenova cells, due to his family and their history

fascistcrusader
***CC SPOILERS***

Angeal is an experiment too. He is the perfect result of project G, the same project that made Genesis. A woman named Gillian Hewley was injected with Jenova cells, her cells were then injected into another woman's fetus, making Genesis. Angeal was born from professor Hollander impregnating Gillian herself, the perfect result of project G.

Remindme
Made an edit stick out tongue

First_Tsurugi06
It's been too long since they've introduced a male FFVII character that could actually be justified as manly.

"Protect your honor, always..."

ESB -1138
Angeal has my respect...but why is it every FF7 character has to have one wing now?

Sado22
i think they lost the concept of "male" the moment they made someone like Kadaj. i spent half the movie thinking he was a girl...and the other half convinced that he was gay. how Sephiroth's body held a queer like him is beyond me. then again...seph is kinda queer himself.

FF needs to take bio101 and see the architype "male" body and face structures for a change.

~Sado
P.S. tifa=love
P.S.S. had to get that out of my system

Jedah Materia
He didn't have to die the way he did. IMO, they could've picked a better way to kill off such a good character.

Superboy Prime
kinda reflects on his honor

DarkC
Is it just me or do his legs look obscenely massive?

Menetnashté
Originally posted by DarkC
Is it just me or do his legs look obscenely massive?
Pretty sure it's just his pants.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.