We Own The Night

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dusty
Anyone else see this film?

SnakeEyes
No, but what did you think of it?

Dusty
It was actually pretty good. All in all it was a pretty rounded film. There is REAL suspense in this film. My only problem was the events following the climax. They really weren't that special.

SpaceMonkey
Good movie. Very good actors.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Great movie. I hope its remembered for when they announce the academy award nominations.

fruits
Just saw this movie. I really liked it!!! The ending wasn't as strong as the rest of the movie built it up to be, but Phoenix delivered an AMAZING performance.....like I really hope and think he will walk away with an Oscar for his performance in this film.

Solo
We Own the Night is god awful. The worst film I've seen all year, by far.

fruits
but the acting was amazing......slow story, kind of wanted to sleep, but was kept awake by the amazing performances........imo

Discos
Went to see it last night, it was just out last night in the UK. Unfortunatly my reglar (and awesome) cinema didn't have it showing so I had to go to another one, no bigge except the screen was a little smalled.

ANYWAYS....

The acting really was amazing, I dont think I could have picked 3 other actors to do this movie the way they did. Eva Mendez was alright I suppose, they could have did the movie without her, meh.

The storyline - well I liked it but it wasn't amazing. I suppose it will do for a cop drama type film, it was nice it was set in the 80's as well.

Joaquin Phoenix stole the show, I was expecting to be wowed over by my favourite actor (Marky Wahlberg) but Pheonix was ace.

It was a shame that Mark's character was put in hospital for a little portion of the film, wanted to see more of him.

The ending was pretty cool, the whole "turned cop" and the raid scene was a boost.

Discos - overall 8/10

willofthewisp
Aw, respect to everyone here, but I didn't like this one. The story didn't seem all that original and bordered on cliched to me. It just seemed to lack...heart, for lack of a better word. I felt that I wasn't moved at all and my friend actually cried during a part.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Discos
The storyline - well I liked it but it wasn't amazing. I suppose it will do for a cop drama type film, it was nice it was set in the 80's as well.

Joaquin Phoenix stole the show, I was expecting to be wowed over by my favourite actor (Marky Wahlberg) but Pheonix was ace.

I finally got around to watch this movie and I gotta agree with most people here. The story itself was not that original but Joaquin Phoenix did a superb performance. He did steal the damn movie!

=Tired Hiker=
I thought it was a good movie; nothing more, nothing less.

Blax_Hydralisk
TH you fool!

You've doomed us all!

=Tired Hiker=
bye

Rajendra
I haven' seen this one yet but I believed it has a great story.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.