Is the Vs. forum a bit like Ace trump cards?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zebedee
I think the very nature of the Vs. forum is false by removing pis and cis you remove the personality of the characters being discussed and distill them down to a mere set of powers to compare. I argue this makes everything redundant as the stories usually involve the personality of the protagonists and these as much as the powerset affect the outcome. The Vs. forum is therefore a farce.

Soljer
You're 100% correct, and everyone will cease posting from now on. Mission accomplished - you can leave now.

Switch 07
As soon as I saw the title I knew who made this thread.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Zebedee
I think the very nature of the Vs. forum is false by removing pis and cis you remove the personality of the characters being discussed and distill them down to a mere set of powers to compare. I argue this makes everything redundant as the stories usually involve the personality of the protagonists and these as much as the powerset affect the outcome. The Vs. forum is therefore a farce.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Creshosk

Don't make fun of the dumb kids Cresh erm

Zebedee
Thing is the use of character induced stupidity makes it even more foolish as you have to ask where the line is drawn.

Zebedee
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Don't make fun of the dumb kids Cresh erm

It's tempting if someone does that to you to put something else in it's place. You shouldn't have quoted a blank. wink

smile

Creshosk
Originally posted by Zebedee
Thing is the use of character induced stupidity makes it even more foolish as you have to ask where the line is drawn. Stupidity for the sake of the plot is PIS. So if a character is acting unlike they normally do its PIS. if its well within the character to act folishly ina given example its CIS.

Cis is admissible, Pis is not.

Zebedee
Originally posted by Creshosk
Stupidity for the sake of the plot is PIS. So if a character is acting unlike they normally do its PIS. if its well within the character to act folishly ina given example its CIS.

Cis is admissible, Pis is not.

Ahh but the two are really interchangeable. I see cannon events diregardas PIS here.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.