Takezo Kensei

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/92/Takezo_Kensei.jpg

Kensei is a very interesting character to watch unfold. He is also my fave Hero so far this season. Anyone else have thoughts on him?

Tattoo
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
Kensei is a very interesting character to watch unfold. He is also my fave Hero so far this season. Anyone else have thoughts on him?

I'm wondering what his real name is...

Captain REX
Likewise.

Funny that he's the undying samurai...still, I would have liked to see him fight the 99 Angry Ronin.

starlock
i know its a long shot that has come up before...but look at the eyes of the guy who fixed the Kensei sword for hero, its eerie how similar they are to Kensei......the banner that is in the past episodes with hiro is on his desk( or a similar one), it is already established that the owner of the shop is interested in Kensei as his symbol was on the advertisement in the yellow pages, and hiro's father just happens to be there when hiro shows up...hmmmmm

I don't believe Kensei is killing everybody, i think the symbol is a message as to an incident around Kensei, it was mentioned that the 12 tried to save the world...maybe its somhow tied in to the killings

LordKaos
I think he may turn out to be one of Claire's ancestors on her mother side (blond hair).

Mairuzu
Wouldn't be surprised if it was

chickenlover98
wouldnt be suprised if he's alive. regeneration could technically give u immortality

S_D_J
Originally posted by Captain REX
Likewise.

Funny that he's the undying samurai...still, I would have liked to see him fight the 99 Angry Ronin.

well....it is Heroes afterall srug

we only get red and blue flashes big grin

chickenlover98
wish it were 2 hour eps!

chickenlover98
and no commercials

Tattoo
Originally posted by chickenlover98
wish it were 2 hour eps!

I don't, if the show were 2 hours each episode it would have a shorter season, which ends up being less to look forward to during the year. Also it's not like they would bump up the action during the 2 hours, it would be a lot of exposition and dialog.

and no commercials

1. Your posts had nothing to do with the topic at hand, which is Takezo Kensei.

2. You made 2 posts in the span of 1 minute, that's frowned upon around all of KMC, could be considered spamming, and is very annoying.

chickenlover98
Originally posted by Tattoo
I don't, if the show were 2 hours each episode it would have a shorter season, which ends up being less to look forward to during the year. Also it's not like they would bump up the action during the 2 hours, it would be a lot of exposition and dialog.

1. Your posts had nothing to do with the topic at hand, which is Takezo Kensei.

2. You made 2 posts in the span of 1 minute, that's frowned upon around all of KMC, could be considered spamming, and is very annoying.

welll sooorry. i mean i love the show so much i wish they had 2 hor eps with no commercials and the same season length. i never said realistically. and no offense i no about the rule, just doesnt matter THAT much.

Vera21
Yes it does.

Mairuzu
Wonder if he'll get pissed if hiro takes his woman

Captain REX
Yeeeah...Hiro knows he'll screw things up, so I don't think he'll actually take the girl.

Entity
Yeeeah...Hiro knows he'll screw things up, so I don't think he'll actually take the girl. Unless Hiro was really suppose to have the girl all along.

I just don't see a spark between her and Takezo. Plus I still say Hiro ends up being the hero in history all along. He'll he's already started to prove me right.

Bespin Bart
Though Takezo himself did take on the 90 Angry Ronin, not Hiro.

Entity
Originally posted by Bespin Bart
Though Takezo himself did take on the 90 Angry Ronin, not Hiro. Hiro quite laterally dropped him off right in front of them with no where to go. What choice did he have?

Captain REX
He could have run the other way. ermm

Entity
He could have run the other way. ermm From what i saw it didn't look like he had a very good way to run, they were already pretty close and even if he had I doubt he would've got far.

Mairuzu
Can't believe we aren't on page two with this yet (which will be funny if this comment ends up on page two)

I wish they would focus more on hiro and takezo now, i want that to get over with so hiro can return and pwn face

Mairuzu
Welp...looks like i was right big grin

S_D_J
Originally posted by Entity
From what i saw it didn't look like he had a very good way to run, they were already pretty close and even if he had I doubt he would've got far.

he could have just lay down and played dead big grin

... though I dont think so, he chose to fight them .... and he got the scroll

chickenlover98
heres what i dont understand about time travel. hiro is in the past, its not like real time continues. he could go back to the moment after sylar telekinesis throws him. its the past. therefore it already happened.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Bump

Mairuzu
heres what i dont understand about time travel. hiro is in the past, its not like real time continues. he could go back to the moment after sylar telekinesis throws him. its the past. therefore it already happened. Hiro isnt even able to control his power that well, he ended up in feudal japan while trying to get away from crashing into the wall because of sylar, plus he met takezo... he didnt wanna go back yet obviously

Captain REX
Not to mention that, after meeting Takezo Kensei, he feels he's destroyed the time/space continuum and has stayed to make sure that it is restored.

After all, erasing all of history from 1671 onward is far worse than .07% of the Earth's population going... boom

Entity
So has anyone else been thinking that Takezo is Heroes En Sabah Nur?

Mairuzu
what?

Entity
Originally posted by Mairuzu
what? It was the first mutants original name in the X-Men.

It literally means, The First One!

Mairuzu
Ahh, ok..

Strangelove
Hiro isnt even able to control his power that well, he ended up in feudal japan while trying to get away from crashing into the wall because of sylar, plus he met takezo... he didnt wanna go back yet obviously I think that he probably has finer control of his power now, when he was telling Ando "I'm sorry, I can't leave yet", he wasn't saying that he literally couldn't but that he needed to stay.

stickman618
if Hiro could go back to any time

then shouldn't he have reappeared right after he disappeared but in different clothes, then say to Ando "you'd never guess where i've been!!"?

Mairuzu
then again this is a tv show and they wouldnt repeat everything that happens again...

Mairuzu
omg!

Captain REX
...and so we have our main villain for the season.

superkronick92
Best villain ever, although his powers are defensive, he'll just wait for you to die

chickenlover98
i knew he was ****in alive i just knew it

Strangelove
I figured he was alive, but I thought he was Mr. Claremont, not completely unchanged by time. F-in' sweet.

Gideon
Well, at least it's not Parkman Sr., who is a relative chump. "Worse than Sylar" my ass. Adam better be a supergenius or have some more powers up his sleeve. To be honest, the ability to live forever is nice, but it's no use when the likes of Sylar or Peter can just keep beating you down.

Captain REX
I'm guessing that the part of him that is worse than Sylar is not in regards to power theft. I heard Bob mention that Monroe here was talking about "Holocausts."

Strangelove
What I'd like to know is how he managed the weather changes that Bob alluded to. Because obviously he can't do it. Maybe one of the other twelve? Angela, perhaps?

starlock
Maybe Adam/Kensei is a mimic also. possibly he came into contact with a regenerator in the past and also has hiros power and others

I can understand how an immortal/regenerator can be behind the scenes and make things work for him(events and schemes), but really would the nightmare man and linderman really be afraid of him? or work for him, being a regenerator/immortal is not that scary or offensive enough

I can see the nightmare man trap him for eternity in a nightmare, and he's done...somthing is up with adam/Kensei

So i guess claire will not age, if we assume she and adam/kensei have the same power

Has it been proven that adam/kensei has a different power then claire?

nmensfinest
So we're taking Bob's word as gospel now? Nice.

Mairuzu
Im sure Adam will do some damage... hes seen a lot in his time.. he has to be wise!

nmensfinest
If Adam Kensei really is Adam Monroe, and his only power is regeneration, then he should have appeared as he does in the picture of the twelve. Something doesn't quite add up there.

Entity
Originally posted by nmensfinest
If Adam Kensei really is Adam Monroe, and his only power is regeneration, then he should have appeared as he does in the picture of the twelve. Something doesn't quite add up there. Maybe he took the picture.

Also maybe he's been planing his revenge on Hiro for the past 300 years and that would definitely give him enough time to become an excellent strategist. You know the worst villains aren't the ones whose basis is power. Its mental advantage.

Can you even imagine what someone with a 300 year head start on becoming the ultimate bad would be capable of?

Also are we 100% sure he's a villain? He could have easily let go of the thing between him and Hiro over the sword smith's daughter after 300 years.

Yea we know it ain't that simple. lol

nmensfinest
Nope, it's confirmed that Adam is one of the twelve (even better actually: one of the six), which is exactly what the picture depicts.

We can assume that he'd certainly be pretty wise after living for centuries, true, but at best, wisdom gained over the years displays diminishing returns. The age could prove to be more detrimental than anything, given living for all those years could well turn someone insane.

Strangelove
Nope, it's confirmed that Adam is one of the twelve (even better actually: one of the six), which is exactly what the picture depicts. Either Adam is a thirteenth member or one of the members pictured is a fake.

And there are 8 left.

nmensfinest
Adam was one of the original 6, and it's been confirmed that there were only 12 by Heroes officials in interviews.

And I was referring to the original founding members when I said "one of the six."

There are a number of possible explanations, but all seem a bit too unlikely, and things don't appear to add up.

Strangelove
So by the original 6, you mean The Petrellis, Maury, Linderman, Nakamura and Monroe? Gotcha.

And if the writers maintain that there are twelve and only twelve, then it stands to reason that one of those pictured is not actually a "twelver"

nmensfinest
When you factor in such things as illusions and shapeshifting, there's room for a lot of explanations. Plus, we don't even know that Adam Kensei is in fact Adam Monroe.

Strangelove
When you factor in such things as illusions and shapeshifting, there's room for a lot of explanations. Plus, we don't even know that Adam Kensei is in fact Adam Monroe. All of this buildup of "Who is Adam Monroe", the files, talk of egomania, god complex and whatnot, and then a character who we last saw as a bitter, twisted shell of a man driven by revenge shows up 300 years later and introduces himself as Adam?

Don't delude yourself. Kensei is Monroe.

nmensfinest
The concept of red herrings, much?

Strangelove
The concept of red herrings, much? I'm not great as a skeptic.

chickenlover98
he's monroe imo. he could have done what sylar does. if sylar eats brains maybe kensei coulda figured it out. stolen an illusion. power. IMO a great explanation on why he looks diff in the picture

Ordained
It's not clear that Kensei is Monroe? His power is cellular regeneration. Because of that, I'm pretty sure that he has some form of age retardation and can live for a very, VERY long time. Plus he still has that whole British accent.

superkronick92
I'm interested to see how the writers make Kensei a physical threat to the Heroes, I get that he can't die but whats to stop them from just TKing the crap out of him or something. I can't wait

Mairuzu
Does someone have a picture of the full picture of the 12?

because in kindness of strangers when they are looking at the picture... they dont show the guy in the bottom right corner... which could be him right?

S_D_J
Originally posted by Strangelove
So by the original 6, you mean The Petrellis, Maury, Linderman, Nakamura and Monroe? Gotcha.

And if the writers maintain that there are twelve and only twelve, then it stands to reason that one of those pictured is not actually a "twelver"

may be...

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/4561/11068994nn1.jpg

Does someone have a picture of the full picture of the 12?

because in kindness of strangers when they are looking at the picture... they dont show the guy in the bottom right corner... which could be him right?

actually, they don't fully show the woman in the top left corner... all we get it's half her face, but that's a woman and no Adam in drag..

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/3540/29475112dj0.jpg

there's an old man in the bottom right corner... either that is old Adam or, he was taking the picture... or he wasn't present at the time the picture was taken... maybe by then he was already locked up or in some other place...

...so, he holds this grudge for this long... why he didn't get rid of Hiro when he was a boy...or he didn't want to mess up space/time continuum until Hiro went to the past?... was Hiro supposed to go the past to begin with? or did Hiro actually changed the past by meeting Kensei?...

Mairuzu
This is why time travel is complicated.. i believe if he kills hiro as a child, it would mess things up.. he made kensai realize who he was therefore he needed him to live?

Strangelove
IMO they're using the grandfather paradox theory of time travel: anything you do in the past will cause the future instead of changing it.

Entity
IMO they're using the grandfather paradox theory of time travel: anything you do in the past will cause the future instead of changing it. Well I personally believe it'd almost have to work that way.

Otherwise you create an infinite loop in time.

ex. I go back in time and stop the Holocaust! Only then the holocaust didn't happen and I'm probably never even born due to the vast change in events. Assuming however that I was still to be born I would never go back and stop the Holocaust this time because it never happened and I'd know nothing of it. At least not that it needed to be stopped.

Thus time resets to the original time line only to bring me back to change things again. And so on in the infinite loop.

At least that's my theory.

Strangelove
Well I personally believe it'd almost have to work that way.

Otherwise you create an infinite loop in time.

ex. I go back in time and stop the Holocaust! Only then the holocaust didn't happen and I'm probably never even born due to the vast change in events. Assuming however that I was still to be born I would never go back and stop the Holocaust this time because it never happened and I'd know nothing of it. At least not that it needed to be stopped.

Thus time resets to the original time line only to bring me back to change things again. And so on in the infinite loop.

At least that's my theory. Well I agree that that theory of time travel is the only viable one, but the entire premise of the show Journeyman is pointless if they use that one.

chickenlover98
i see it that whatever hiro does in the past he has already done. therefore he already did the things in the past before he did them. also mhe still hasnt fought the dinosaur

Strangelove
i see it that whatever hiro does in the past he has already done. therefore he already did the things in the past before he did them. also mhe still hasnt fought the dinosaur The picture was realized in the museum after he stole the fake Kensei sword. He ran into a dinosaur model.

Mairuzu
Back to takezo... he was saying how they couldnt kill him so they just locked him up... THey couldnt just stick a knife in his head?

Or has his powers gotten even more powerful?

starlock
Back to takezo... he was saying how they couldnt kill him so they just locked him up... THey couldnt just stick a knife in his head?

Or has his powers gotten even more powerful?

Well we know peter,claire possibly mrs petrelli and nathan know of the spot....maybe shuresh i guess

Maybe the company does not know of it?

I dont trust the company or adam, so i wont take any of their words to be true, as far as i am concerned they are both willing to do whatever they need to to accomplish thier goals

Mairuzu
hmm, seems fishy

Entity
You do realize Takezo is obviously still working with the company?

Think about it.

They let like live instead of just decapitating him.
They stuck him in a room with an open vent right next to Peter.
They were giving Peter pills that he could obviously fake taking instead of injecting the drugs into him to insure his powers stayed sedated.
They let them get to Nathan, when common sense would've had them keeping someone posted there in case that happened because Nathan is so important to Peter.

Everything points to Takezo and Bob working together.

Strangelove
You do realize Takezo is obviously still working with the company? Obviously? No. Possibly? Absolutely.

I think not though.

Entity
Obviously? No. Possibly? Absolutely.

I think not though. Well you may very well be right but I seriously don't think so.

Can you otherwise explain my points in my previous post?

Entity
I wonder if Adam Monroe is his real name?

He said Takezo Kensei was one he used when he came to japan for his get rich plan. I just wonder if Adam was his birth name.

Strangelove
The drugs were not "obviously fake." Peter thought they were real, and so they were.

And who knows about your other points. We'll see.

And I do think Adam Monroe is his real name.

Entity
I didn't say the drugs were fake. I said they intentionally gave them to him as pills he could fake taking!
When they could have just gave him injections to ensure his powers stayed neutral!

Strangelove
I didn't say the drugs were fake. I said they intentionally gave them to him as pills he could fake taking!
When they could have just gave him injections to ensure his powers stayed neutral! srug

stickman618
IMO they're using the grandfather paradox theory of time travel: anything you do in the past will cause the future instead of changing it.

what about the bomb?
they changed that didn't they?

nmensfinest
Any real reason for having that view? Man's 400 years old, if that truly was his born name, there would be major legal problems, no?

Bardock42
Originally posted by stickman618
what about the bomb?
they changed that didn't they?

Well, they could use two different ways of looking at time travel. Also, when they changed the bomb thing they knew what happened originally. The knowledge about Takezo Kensei just comes from legends...so Hiro might have very well been part of it all along.

Strangelove
Any real reason for having that view? Man's 400 years old, if that truly was his born name, there would be major legal problems, no? Reported for bashing.

Do you think someone who has lived for 400 years and basically lives outside the law would care about legal complications?

nmensfinest
Bashing attacks a person. I attacked a person's viewpoint.

Reported for improper use of the English langua- oh wait! The moderators applaud improper use of the English language, they don't punish it! Damn!

As for your reply, it's not about whether Adam would care about it or not, it simply wouldn't work legally. Adam is still a legal citizen, his name would not be the one he was born with centuries before.

Also, attempting to counter something that undermines your stance is in no way supporting it. Try again.

Strangelove

Reported for improper use of the English langua- oh wait! The moderators applaud improper use of the English language, they don't punish it! Damn!

As for your reply, it's not about whether Adam would care about it or not, it simply wouldn't work legally. Adam is still a legal citizen, his name would not be the one he was born with centuries before.

Also, attempting to counter something that undermines your stance is in no way supporting it. Try again. Oh sorgo, I'm not even going to bother with you. Your pathetic existence does nothing but bemuse me.

As for improper use of the English language, how about your multiple transgressions? "This gets perpetually amusing"? You have no place lecturing anyone about language.

You're not even hiding yourself, you know. Probable cause is all they need to ban you.

Alkaselzer

Oh really?

Oh wait! Reported.

Captain REX
Tsk tsk...

My vote is that his name is Adam Monroe and always has been.

Darth Putte
You do realize Takezo is obviously still working with the company?

Think about it.

They let like live instead of just decapitating him.
They stuck him in a room with an open vent right next to Peter.
They were giving Peter pills that he could obviously fake taking instead of injecting the drugs into him to insure his powers stayed sedated.
They let them get to Nathan, when common sense would've had them keeping someone posted there in case that happened because Nathan is so important to Peter.

Everything points to Takezo and Bob working together.

But why then was Adam looking for Peter in his own way and Elle going around frying people Peter met in the U.K?

But I have to admit that the open vent is kinda stupid when they have a 400year old guy who's probably really good at screwing with peoples minds, next to the single most powerful person on the planet... Does not make much sense...

exanda kane
Originally posted by Darth Putte
But why then was Adam looking for Peter in his own way and Elle going around frying people Peter met in the U.K?

Wasn't the U.K.

Darth Putte
Originally posted by exanda kane
Wasn't the U.K.

Sorry about that, Great Britain? smile

Bardock42
Originally posted by Darth Putte
Sorry about that, Great Britain? smile

Even less. It was in Ireland.

exanda kane
Not to worry, he isn't from the US, he is forgiven smile.

Darth Putte

chickenlover98
i dont think so. least i rly hope he isnt. he's too badass. the peter hiro faceoff should be good.

Mairuzu
Alright, so Adam is up to something, first Peter asks him why they did just kill adam instead of locking him up, and adam replies "If only they could" (or something close to that)

And now hes saying that shotgun to the head would obviously kill him...

Sooo did he mean if only they could kill him as in they need him, or they dont know how? eh?

starlock
Alright, so Adam is up to something, first Peter asks him why they did just kill adam instead of locking him up, and adam replies "If only they could" (or something close to that)

And now hes saying that shotgun to the head would obviously kill him...

Sooo did he mean if only they could kill him as in they need him, or they dont know how? eh?

What if we find out they needed him for....

Linderman to be brought back
Issac to be brought back
DL to be brought back
Ted Sprauge(radioactive man)
well you get the picture, hey the company could have been using him to stay young?

With all the info the company had on the heroes, anybody could have been saved and been locked up, it could make for some interesting future developments

Btw a shotgun to the head will take out a regenerator.....yet claires blood brang her father back from a bullet to the head?
So if adam was killed by a shotgun to the head....would claires blood bring him back?

AstroFan
I think its because his head was still intact, but if I shotgun blew the head clean off, then that would be the end.

starlock
Originally posted by AstroFan
I think its because his head was still intact, but if I shotgun blew the head clean off, then that would be the end.

I guess i could see the head totaly blown off being the end of them....but would claires blood bring him back?

AstroFan
I dont think so, I think it has to do with the brain maybe. No head means no brain which means no regeneration.

Mairuzu
all they gotta do is cover the skull with adamantium big grin (pardon my spelling if its wrong)

starlock
So one theory could be , that a regenerators blood will not bring back a person who had there head totaly blown off, but it will regenerate a partial head(one with a bullet thru it)

I could see it stopping the regenerator from regenerating his own head(as seen by the glass in peter and the stick with claire, and peter saying shoot me in the spot)

But i would think that a regenerators blood would be able to bring back a full head, just a guess

Mairuzu
all too confusing..

Jimmy Buggs
Kensei wants to let the shanti virus out so it will wipe out the humans who are killing the earth. Pretty obvious.

stickman618
when Matt asks Angela if Adam is dangerous like a bomb

she says: no its worse than a bomb, he can live forever(well, she says something like that)

i don't see how that's an answer to his question, or mine for that matter

starlock
Adam being 400 years old, could know how to build any bomb, he could be a biologist , geneticist ...etc, any number of skills could make him more dangerous than a bomb or exploding man, in a way

just offering some info

Strangelove
Living for 400 years can make someone quite dangerous. If knowledge is power, Adam may indeed be a god.

stickman618
that's true

but that wasn't Angela Petreli's answer

starlock
Originally posted by stickman618
that's true

but that wasn't Angela Petreli's answer

Maybe she is worried adam will plauge her children for generations, he can keep a vendetta for a long time?

Captain REX
I think what's made him dangerous is that he's a loon.

Mairuzu
i still think hes pretty awesome, for a bad guy

@st
I think what's made him dangerous is that he's a loon.

He is a loon just because he wants to kill EVERYONE? stick out tongue

Quincy
Adam is my favorite character in the show.

He was a great part of Angels and Monsters, but its a shame that it looks bleak for David Anders still being on the show.

Entity
Sucks to see him go. He was a great character and wonderful part of the show.

starlock
Yes...i am not happy with his demise....and why the need to kill him still urks me.

I think about a 400 year old immortal...and i think of ways to incorperate him...he could have been the one to create the formula....he could have founded the company....he could be someones ancestor....so much potential wasted.

S_D_J
Originally posted by starlock
Yes...i am not happy with his demise....and why the need to kill him still urks me.

I think about a 400 year old immortal...and i think of ways to incorperate him...he could have been the one to create the formula....he could have founded the company....he could be someones ancestor....so much potential wasted.

I think it was wasted with the introduction of Arthur erm

I thought he somehow formed the company, didn't he... he inspired Linderman

... anyways, a great character, great charisma and had great lines... I love how he behave with Knox, that was great... but he was useless... he has a really useless power in front of the power other people have... shame

he lasted 400 years and went out this way... but at least Arthur (wich I still don't like him having powers) does looks like a great villain... let's see how it goes

R.I.P. Takezo Kensei/Adam Monroe

Elite Hunter
I am clinging to the very very small hope that he somehow comes back (resurrected or brought back by time travel) based on Angela's vision with Adam and his sword impaled on Hiro.

celestialdemon
It's BS that Arthur was able to kill him. If it was that easy, why didn't Arthur do it 30 years ago when he was part of the Company and had Adam imprisioned?

Elite Hunter
In terms of the death itself, I thought it was well done. I would hate to see him die with a bullet in the head. When Monroe was aging he remined me of Palpatine in Revenge of the Sith when his lightning was reflected at him.

celestialdemon
Another problem I had with it was the advanced aging. Adam's powers were preventing his cells from aging at all. Since his power was taken away, his body should have started aging like a normal person again.

Strangelove
Yeah, that doesn't make any sense. If Arthur had the ability to make it like you never had the powers in the first place, then all the wounds that Peter sustained throughout the series would have come back.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.