How do internet cafe's charge?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

busters mum
I recently sent a couple of emails with pictures to a friend who is travelling. She was going to be using internet cafe's whilst travelling. Another friend said I should not have sent her an email with pictures as she had to use an internet cafe.... Is this because it would cost more for more downloads? Is it usually an expensive exercise to use an internet cafe? The photo's were 11kb in size, 551 kb & 42 kb in size.

I know this is a stupid question but am interested to know as I have never used one.

Storm
Internet cafes usually charge per minute or per hour.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Storms correct, usually you can buy an hour or so at the counter then sit on the comp for that amount of time.

If its an EasyInternetCafe then you put your money in the little machine, get a wee ticket enter the pin on the ticket at your computer- the cost of one hour rises and falls depending on how many other people are using computers.

busters mum
Great thanks. The friend that made a big deal of it was wrong then. It wouldn't have cost that much at all. Will have to tell her to butt out next time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.