House Of M or Civil War?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Shin_Nikkolas
Which was the better crossover in your view? Which had better tie-ins and characters?

Galan007
HoM by far, imo.

Shin_Nikkolas
My view too but you'd be surprised how many people really do hate HOM.

grey fox
Originally posted by Shin_Nikkolas
My view too but you'd be surprised how many people really do hate HOM.

*raises hand*

Morridini
Other then what happened to the Mutants, HoM didn't really matter much.

So must go for Civil War, also my favorite characters played much bigger roles in CW then in HoM (Spidey, Punisher, Iron Man).

Switch 07
I never even read HOM.

WrathfulDwarf
Is this like saying what's better? Dumb or Dumber.

Erik-Lensherr
Both of them were good .

What I disliked about Civil War were the many useless and unnecessary tie-ins .

Shin_Nikkolas
That would be "Which is better: Annihilation or Infinite Crisis".

Validus
House of M I suppose. I think it fails as a big crossover event but as a standalone X-Men mini, which is what it was, I liked it.

Civil War was just lame all around.

jumpmann
If were talking about the 7 issue series...

House of M by far.

CW obviously had better tie ins. HOM lacked tie ins...but the main series was captivating and exciting while CW was the slowest series I've ever read. Huge suck fest.

Shin_Nikkolas
Off-topic but I'm really curious.

What is that on the side of Wanda's nose?

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/1478/scan0024hk4.jpg

Battlehammer
shes crying...............

Validus
Never seen tears before?

Shin_Nikkolas
Not the tears. The dark thing.

Validus
That's how the artist portrays depth.

Shin_Nikkolas
Kays. Thanks.

Darth Vicious
I like CW better but I feel both help reinvent the Marvel Universe. CW turned most superheroes lives upside down and was probably a setup sotry for the Skrull Invasion storyline. HoM turned mutants lives upside down and it setup Endangered Species nicely and the upcoming Messiah Complex which should be lots of fun.

pr1983
i thought HOM was poor... they x-men get a chance to shine and imo, it was wasted... far too many plotholes etc...

but in fairness, the result of it had given us endangered species and messiah complex (which is looking pretty good), so i can't totally hate it...

civil war had its good and its bad, but as far as i'm concerned, annihilation>both of em...

Citizen V
Ha.

Results of HOM better than the results of CW? Never.

CW gave us, in one way or another: The Intiative, Omega Flight, The Order, Immortal Iron Fist (CW capatalized on Bru's use of him as DD), Iredeemable Ant Man, Mighty Avengers, New Avengers.

HoM: Son Of M, Silent War, Messiah Complex, Decimation, Sentinel ONE, the 198.

Doesn't really compare, IMO erm. (Probably missed a few out, but whatever).

pr1983
Originally posted by Citizen V
Ha.

Results of HOM better than the results of CW? Never.

CW gave us, in one way or another: The Intiative, Omega Flight, The Order, Immortal Iron Fist (CW capatalized on Bru's use of him as DD), Iredeemable Ant Man, Mighty Avengers, New Avengers.

HoM: Son Of M, Silent War, Messiah Complex, Decimation, Sentinel ONE, the 198.

Doesn't really compare, IMO erm. (Probably missed a few out, but whatever).

i never said they were better, just that they were good...

Citizen V
Originally posted by pr1983
i never said they were better, just that they were good...

Meh, I used to <3 X-Men when I was a nipper, now they don't interest me in the slightest.

sad.

Not sure whether thats a good thing or a bad thing, nowadays.

pr1983
Meh, I used to <3 X-Men when I was a nipper, now they don't interest me in the slightest.

sad.

Not sure whether thats a good thing or a bad thing, nowadays.

depends on what x-comic you read... stick out tongue

Validus
IMO, the X universe has gotten too complicated for its own good. That's why I just stick to Astonishing (when it comes out).

Citizen V
Astonishing's the only X book I pick up.

X Factor rocks too much to be called a X book, I've decided.

pr1983
Originally posted by Validus
IMO, the X universe has gotten too complicated for its own good. That's why I just stick to Astonishing (when it comes out).

you'd be right in general, though messiah complex is looking good...

Astonishing's the only X book I pick up.

X Factor rocks too much to be called a X book, I've decided.

laughing

x-factor is good, i do read it when i can, and i never seem to be disappointd by it... prefer astonishing though...

Validus
Originally posted by pr1983
you'd be right in general, though messiah complex is looking good...

Maybe. I don't know anything about Messiah Complex aside from the title.

I tried out Brubaker's Uncanny for 6 issues and found it fairly disappointing. Nowhere near as good as his Captain America stuff. That pretty much turned me off of anything X-Men.

pr1983
Maybe. I don't know anything about Messiah Complex aside from the title.

I tried out Brubaker's Uncanny for 6 issues and found it fairly disappointing. Nowhere near as good as his Captain America stuff. That pretty much turned me off of anything X-Men.

his uncanny was very, very poor... but i've been reading some of the interviews, and he seems to have his head screwed on right this time... i just hope i'm right...

the last thing x-men needs is for this to bomb...

Darth Vicious
If it does then back to the drawing board but I dont think there will be major repercussions. Maybe a few fans dropping the title but loyal fans like myself will pick it up regardless. X-men is one of Marvel's flag titles and no matter how bad the stories might be, they aint going anywhere. Just like DC's Superman which has some cool stories but is not all the time and it has lasted this long(668+ issues).

pr1983
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
If it does then back to the drawing board but I dont think there will be major repercussions. Maybe a few fans dropping the title but loyal fans like myself will pick it up regardless. X-men is one of Marvel's flag titles and no matter how bad the stories might be, they aint going anywhere. Just like DC's Superman which has some cool stories but is not all the time and it has lasted this long(668+ issues).

still, i'd rather i enjoyed the monthly x-men titles than felt the strong urge to strangle joe q...

llagrok
X-factor and Silent War, the only decent things that came out of HoM, and possibly Son of M. Some of the civil war comics where crap, others were good. On average, it was slightly better than house of M.

Yeah, well obviously you're insane.

Shin_Nikkolas
Hardly. Annihilation and IC are both flops where most fans are concerned. Especailly the latter. I know very solid DC fans who were almost praying for the end of IC so they could finish their agony.

Citizen V
Hardly. Annihilation and IC are both flops where most fans are concerned. Especailly the latter.

See, you calling IC a flop, I can live with.

But Annihilation? No.

You're a flop as far as the universe is concerned.

Switch 07
See, you calling IC a flop, I can live with.

But Annihilation? No.

You're a flop as far as the universe is concerned.

Annihilation = Teh awesome. thumb up

Validus
Hardly. Annihilation and IC are both flops where most fans are concerned. Especailly the latter. I know very solid DC fans who were almost praying for the end of IC so they could finish their agony.
Disagree strongly.

Annihilation was very well received all around and everybody was loving IC until the final issue. Civil War and House of M especially had far more negativity.

Switch 07
Disagree strongly.

Annihilation was very well received all around and everybody was loving IC until the final issue. The only bad thing I felt about it was the lack of big war with the villains and heroes and Supes beating SBP.

Shin_Nikkolas
Annihilation was just another big cosmic event. Except the big cosmic baddy was...Annihilus. Pathetic.

Oh and there was Thanos. A cosmic title with Thanos? Very original of them. Though they did kill off Thanos. In a crappy way but yeah, they killed him.

Morg's Nullified body magically re-appeared . That was nice too.

Validus
Clone Thor.

Nuff said.

Switch 07
Annihilation was just another big cosmic event. Except the big cosmic baddy was...Annihilus. Pathetic.

Oh and there was Thanos. A cosmic title with Thanos? Very original of them. Though they did kill off Thanos. In a crappy way but yeah, they killed him.

Morg's Nullified body magically re-appeared . That was nice too.

Everyone else opinions of it were rather good. Your opinion fails TBH. On Anil anyway.

Big cosmic event? Oh please it was as well done war which got you close to the heroes and made fans of people that weren't before.

Example, Super Skrull before sucked I thought. Now I think hes teh awesome.

Shin_Nikkolas
I'm not saying CW is better than Annihilatio if that's what you meant.

TricksterPriest
What the f**k? I admit IC botched the ending, but the overall story was very well done.

And Annihilation? That was the best event Marvel's done in awhile.

Between HoM and CW, I have to go with CW. At the very least, the attempt and concept rate it higher than the shitfest that was HoM.

I'm seriously hoping they fix Wanda's **** up in Messiah Complex. I'm also still hoping someone kills the ***** off. evil face

Shin_Nikkolas
What point would there be in killing Wanda?

TricksterPriest
Vengeance. And the fact that there's no shortage of people willing to do it. I know I'm not the only one who wants the Scarlet ***** dead. evil face

llagrok
***** has to pay.

Darth Vicious
I wouldnt be surprised if they turn Wanda into an omega class mutant. Killing her wont solve anything. There are far too many stories to tell with her character and also she needs to redeem herself.

llagrok
She has no idea who she is though and only Hawkeye knows where she is.

Validus
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/DIA/STAR16607~Hawkman-Posters.jpg

llagrok
Stupid me.

Anyways, Annihilation = Awesome.

willRules
Civil War>>>>>>>>>>>> HoM

Civil War pros;

Avengers initiative, Cap's death (I love the character but the story-line's just far too good to hate), New and Mighty Avengers. Changed Spider-man's life, spun the entire MU on it's head.

House of M pros;

They didn't keep Hawkeye dead. no expression

Civil War cons;

Clor and Captain Marvel's return. Villainising Iron-man.

Hous eof M cons;

They killed off Hawkeye. Again. no expression

Shin_Nikkolas
Cap died after CW.

CW ended with Cap crying.

Then again, crying is better than
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/5556/capht7.jpg

Black Adam

I began the whole Annihilation event knowing only that nova was some GLC ripoff and not really sure if I should pic up the main mini.

I ended it with wanting more cosmic awesome.

grey fox
Cap died after CW.

Clean that scan up for love of GOD !

I can't read a f*cking thing on that fuzzy scan.

Citizen V
Cap died after CW.

Or perhaps a little context would be helpful?

Doctor Faust is attempting to brainwash Bucky back into being the Winter Soldier, and attempts to twist many of his memories of Cap and The Invaders; needless to say, it doesn't work.

Cap opens fire on his own people, Bucky obviously doesn't fall for it, and calls him fat.

Erik-Lensherr
Yeah

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/Ca31scan01.jpg

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/Ca31scan02.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.