Namor & Aquaman vs. Storm & Iceman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hitman911
They fight in Hawaii.

starlock
Storm and iceman for the win

Hitman911
Iceman can still be mindraped, even in mist form wink

pr1983
Originally posted by Hitman911

if thats true, then namor and aquaman take it rather easily imo...

Gecko4lif
Namor and guppieman take this

Hitman911
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Namor and guppieman take this laughing thumb up

nvrbeenwthagirl
5/10 each.

depends on who gets what opponent

SuperiorTech
Namor just need's to hit storm with a rock and ko her like the hulk did.

Hitman911
I guess the big question here is, who in the bunch has the greatest control over water?

Hitman911
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
5/10 each.

depends on who gets what opponent roll eyes (sarcastic)

BentonGrey
Hmm...if this is water-hand Aquaman, then they take the majority, since he can control water directly and his TP is vastly more powerful. Otherwise, it's, MAYBE an even split.

Blair Wind

Thats never happened, so please do not speculate smile

BentonGrey
Well, if he's still got a mind, then he should still be susceptible. HOWEVER, the way Aquaman has shut characters minds down before has been physically, so it's possible that, if Bobby's mind wasn't physically whole, then he'd be immune. There is an equal chance that Arthur could just go about it another way, however.

Hitman911
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Oh please, Bobby is not a sentient being therefor he has a mind......That can be raped stick out tongue

llagrok

Proof

Hitman911
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
Namor just need's to hit storm with a rock and ko her like the hulk did. Or slap her with a Blue Whale.

stormfront
storm and iceman for the win

Soljer
Originally posted by stormfront
storm and iceman for the win

Dares a suprize!

Anywho - which aquaman? Does he have the magic hand?

Devolution for the win.

Hitman911
Originally posted by Soljer
Dares a suprize!

Anywho - which aquaman? Does he have the magic hand?

Devolution for the win. Hand yes!!

Blair Wind
Originally posted by llagrok
Proof

Proof of what? In mist form he has never been mind raped, so I cannot use proof. That is why I said speculation.

However, if we want to delve into the situation let us take Dust and Xavier and superimpose them in the place of say Iceman and Aquaman.

When Dust goes all dusty, Xavier cannot communicate with her because her consciousness is scattered among her sand particles. In fact he can do nothing to her mind because it is so spread out that it does not have a central unit, yet she can somehow still stay in control.

Essentially Iceman does the same just via water. He stated the first time he did it that it hurt to be spread out so thin (thanks to Prosh) and it gave him a major headache. Yet after doing it two more times he was perfectly fine with it. He then stated to Jean (while freezing a celestial ship and everything it was composed of *molecules and stuff* ) that he felt like he was "everywhere" when she asked him where he was. He then formed himself a body standing right next to her.

Now if Xavier cannot deal with the mind of someone being spread out so thin, then what credentials can we give Aquaman to doing the same (unless he already has, but I would very much doubt that fact)

BentonGrey
Proof of what? In mist form he has never been mind raped, so I cannot use proof. That is why I said speculation.

However, if we want to delve into the situation let us take Dust and Xavier and superimpose them in the place of say Iceman and Aquaman.

When Dust goes all dusty, Xavier cannot communicate with her because her consciousness is scattered among her sand particles. In fact he can do nothing to her mind because it is so spread out that it does not have a central unit, yet she can somehow still stay in control.

Essentially Iceman does the same just via water. He stated the first time he did it that it hurt to be spread out so thin (thanks to Prosh) and it gave him a major headache. Yet after doing it two more times he was perfectly fine with it. He then stated to Jean (while freezing a celestial ship and everything it was composed of *molecules and stuff* ) that he felt like he was "everywhere" when she asked him where he was. He then formed himself a body standing right next to her.

Now if Xavier cannot deal with the mind of someone being spread out so thin, then what credentials can we give Aquaman to doing the same (unless he already has, but I would very much doubt that fact)

Interesting Blair, very interesting. That does make some sense, and it very well may give Aquaman some trouble. However, given that Arthur is very resistant to cold damage (he's been frozen a few times with no ill effects, and was able to shatter several feet of ice by flexing), I think it's possible (speculation on top of speculationwink) that he might let Bobby think he had beaten, then knock him out when he reformed. Still, if Bobby is really able to render himself immune to telepathy, the match certainly becomes much more interesting.

What If...
Originally posted by BentonGrey
Interesting Blair, very interesting. That does make some sense, and it very well may give Aquaman some trouble. However, given that Arthur is very resistant to cold damage (he's been frozen a few times with no ill effects, and was able to shatter several feet of ice by flexing), I think it's possible (speculation on top of speculationwink) that he might let Bobby think he had beaten, then knock him out when he reformed. Still, if Bobby is really able to render himself immune to telepathy, the match certainly becomes much more interesting.

I think you're confused on the drastic difference between "cold damage" and absolute zero.

BentonGrey
Originally posted by What If...
I think you're confused on the drastic difference between "cold damage" and absolute zero.

Could be, I'm not terribly familiar with Iceman's power set outside of the original comics and a good streak of Claremont's run in the 80's. Still, Aquaman has remarkable resistance, so....*shrug*

Hitman911

Ok i'll give you that. But he's not going to be much of a threat in midst form.

jrodslam
Ok i'll give you that. But he's not going to be much of a threat in midst form.

What makes you think that? In mist form, Iceman can go into his skin. even inside his body and freeze him from the inside out. He doesnt even have to go inside his body to do that.

Hitman911
Originally posted by jrodslam
What makes you think that? In mist form, Iceman can go into his skin. even inside his body and freeze him from the inside out. He doesnt even have to go inside his body to do that. no not on a being that powerful.

jrodslam
no not on a being that powerful.

Who Aquaman? I highly doubt hed be able to stop that.

stormfront
storm and iceman win. iceman would and could freeze one or both of them to the core. by going into a gaseous form and entering their bodies. wow.

Soljer
storm and iceman win. iceman would and could freeze one or both of them to the core. by going into a gaseous form and entering their bodies. wow.

Funny. I doubt you know what the magic hand even is....

jrodslam
Originally posted by Soljer
Funny. I doubt you know what the magic hand even is....

I thought he didnt have that anymore. confused

Soljer

The thread starter said he had it for this fight:

Hand yes!!

Hitman911
storm and iceman win. iceman would and could freeze one or both of them to the core. by going into a gaseous form and entering their bodies. wow. You can just assume that he could just freeze everybody!

BentonGrey
Wow, that's right, I forgot that Aquaman had the hand....you know, given his unbelievable willpower, I wouldn't be surprised if Arthur could actually control Iceman's body. If he can control a tidal wave, it should be with in the realm of possibility, at least to disperse Iceman if he were in mist form.

King_Mungi

No he still has it, but to a larger degree

Aquateen has water from the Waterbearer flowing through his veins

Classic Aquaman is currently half made of Waterbearer and half squid like as well as a powerful magician.

Lucid Lui
And maybe dead, maybe not.

Hitman911
Water Boyz FTW!!!

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
And maybe dead, maybe not.

Oh yes, and he's 100% made of water now.

I don't think their going to explain Orin's issue any time soon unless Aquaman gets another reboot.

Hitman911
storm and iceman win. iceman would and could freeze one or both of them to the core. by going into a gaseous form and entering their bodies. wow. laughing laughing out loud

2damnloud
Storm can solo this.

Iceman is like ****in digging up the beaten, decayed corpses so you can take a shit on it, b.k.a overkillerm

Hitman911
Originally posted by 2damnloud
Storm can solo this.

Iceman is like ****in digging up the beaten, decayed corpses so you can take a shit on it, b.k.a overkillerm Lemme guess, since she can deflect a 30 megaton nuke blastshit; a 1000ft tidal wave should be nothing to her!! smokin'

2damnloud
Lemme guess, since she can deflect a 30 megaton nuke blastshit; a 1000ft tidal wave should be nothing to her!! smokin'

Yep, or the nuke would enhance her powers.

You can't degrade the character by ignoring showings that put her WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY past this measly lot or Aquaman and Namor.

BentonGrey
So, she can also stop a mental attack powerful enough to drop a Green Lantern or a Martian? I don't know, seems to me you're vastly under estimating Aquaman (as usual). Although, for the record, I think Namor could slap Storm down with relative ease.

Hitman911
Originally posted by 2damnloud
Yep, or the nuke would enhance her powers.

You can't degrade the character by ignoring showings that put her WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY past this measly lot or Aquaman and Namor. Your right......

Exept she's never soloed anyone that powerful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.