Storm, Iceman, and Magneto vs. Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hitman911
1 day prep
no krypo allowed

Can these three muties take down big Blue??

Switch 07
*Imitates 2damnloud*

Storm could take down him alone. Spite!!

2damnloud
The team.

Switch 07
Originally posted by 2damnloud
The team. Why is that?

Silent Master
Theoretically the team could do it since they have prep, it would just require them to be out of character.

But even then it's mainly going to come down to Iceman and Magneto, not Storm.

Hitman911
Originally posted by Silent Master
Theoretically the team could do it since they have prep, it would just require them to be out of character.

But even then it's mainly going to come down to Iceman and Magneto, not Storm.
Superman has prep also.

pr1983
Originally posted by Hitman911
1 day prep
no krypo allowed

Can these three muties take down big Blue??

superman has one day prep too? and he has basic knowledge about his opponents?

superman, with iceman the only real difficulty...

Silent Master
In that case, phantom zone projector FTW.

Hitman911
It think Mags Sheild could protect them from the Initial speed blitz/attack, Storm could block the Sun....or aborb it roll eyes (sarcastic)
If she aborbed the Galactic Core then our Sun should pose no problem. With the Earth being a dead icebox eight minutes later, Iceman moves in for the Kill. Oh yeah what is a phantom zone projector?

horrorwolf
Movie Superman pwns team 2 easy.

Hitman911
Speed Blitz FTW!!!

Soljer
Superman wins without exerting himself in the least.

Kurash
iceman is his only threat

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Soljer
Superman wins without exerting himself in the least.

NOt much he can do with Iceman i'm afraid to say. Unless T-Vo is allowed. I do think Mags shields would make superman exert himself. They have held up to thor's hammer and all of the xmen as well.

Validus
Superman unless it's Blair Wind Iceman.

Soljer
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
NOt much he can do with Iceman i'm afraid to say. Unless T-Vo is allowed. I do think Mags shields would make superman exert himself. They have held up to thor's hammer and all of the xmen as well.

Prep, my friend.

Speed-blitz-phantom-zone-drop.

Hitman911
It think Mags Sheild could protect them from the Initial speed blitz/attack, Storm could block the Sun....or aborb it roll eyes (sarcastic)
If she aborbed the Galactic Core then our Sun should pose no problem. With the Earth being a dead icebox eight minutes later, Iceman moves in for the Kill. Oh yeah what is a phantom zone projector?

or she could aborb the sun-power from Kal ala Silver surfer FTW?!?!?!?

Hitman911
Originally posted by Validus
feats? scans?

Tron
feats? scans?

Ask Blair Wind.

Bouboumaster
I can't see Superman loosing there.... Damn I hate him!

Blair Wind

Love you snookums love

Newjak
Superman unless it's Blair Wind Iceman. You mean the Iceman that can't lose, can make anything absolute zero in seconds, and for fun can make Snow Cones stick out tongue

Hitman911
Originally posted by Newjak
You mean the Iceman that can't lose, can make anything absolute zero in seconds, and for fun can make Snow Cones stick out tongue laughing

Icesaiyan
I think the team can get a couple of victories, but it's difficult to say if they can take the majority.

Sarutobi700
Storm, Iceman and Mags is overkill. Strom could take Superman out on her own.

batdude123
Originally posted by Sarutobi700
Storm, Iceman and Mags is overkill. Strom could take Superman out on her own. Fail.

pr1983
Originally posted by batdude123
Fail.

QFT...

magellan
Storm, Iceman and Mags is overkill. Strom could take Superman out on her own.

Storm Fan boy or troll?

Violent2Dope
Storm, Iceman and Mags is overkill. Strom could take Superman out on her own. http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/elrond_small.jpg

He's a troll btw.

Hitman911
Storm, Iceman and Mags is overkill. Strom could take Superman out on her own. banned

Hitman911
I think Heat vision would set Iceman straight!
Storm??sdurorm

2damnloud
Yea, I think Storm could take out Superman after further review.

pr1983
Yea, I think Storm could take out Superman after further review.

you're wrong.

(unless she happens to seduce him wearing kryptonite lipstick or something, but other than that, not a chance)

2damnloud
Opinions vary.

So what??

I say she can.

Soljer
Opinions vary.

So what??

I say she can.

And I say pink snuffleflumps are gonna rain down fiery death unto all the non believers.

Doesn't make me either of us less wrong.

2damnloud
There is no absolute, really.

She, in all probability, stands a great chance.

Soljer

She, in all probability, stands a great chance.

Of getting her skull caved in within the first couple microseconds of the match.

Agreed.

2damnloud
Well, there is the "before he even moves she can anticipate it a few seconds or so"erm

Hitman911

She, in all probability, stands a great chance. But the question is....how?!?!?!? Think about the battles the villans Superman's faced down, They really in two different legues. Especially in a battle to the DEATH!!!*hint* Superman is faster than thought.....maybe faster than lightning?!?!? If Superman took a week off and Storm subbed in for him, she'd prolly die tue-weds tops!!! She doen't stand a chance!! Please have proof that she's soloed someone half as powerful as Superman........HALF!!!

Soljer
Well, there is the "before he even moves she can anticipate it a few seconds or so"erm

She can't think faster than Superman can move.

Before the sound of the starting bell touches her hears, she already lacks them.

Symmetric Chaos
She can't think faster than Superman can move.

Before the sound of the starting bell touches her hears, she already lacks them.

Doesn't we haves CIS here? herbvin

pr1983
Opinions vary.

So what??

I say she can.

and you're wrong, unless you're actually referring to the kryptonite thing...

she can't, and thats a flawed argument...

even if she could anticipate his movements, his mind has processed the thought about a thousand times faster than her mind could...

by the time her mind actually processes the thought, she'll be unconscious, or dead, and then won't process the thought...

Soljer
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Doesn't we haves CIS here? herbvin

Apparently not for Storm; why should her opponents suffer similarly?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by pr1983
she can't, and thats a flawed argument...

Technically she can but the power never actually gets used.

pr1983
Technically she can but the power never actually gets used.

what? use her newfound telepathy to read his mind and sense what he's going to do before he moves even though by the time she'd have processed the thought she'd be out of the fight?

Symmetric Chaos
what? use her newfound telepathy to read his mind and sense what he's going to do before he moves even though by the time she'd have processed the thought she'd be out of the fight?

No I mean she does actually have the power to predict what he'll do. No mind reading, I believe it involves electrical impulses in the body (something of a one time power though)

Hitman911
OK 2Damn how about this. their standing at opposite endzones of a foot ball Field. the bell sounds!! Superman releases an uncharacteristically slow heat vision blast that would reach her in 3 seconds.

1. If she tries to fly up out of the way he would expect that.
2. There's no way she can possibly deflect it.
3. Lets say at the bell she strikes first calling down lightning, It won't ko him. it may just piss him off.
4. is she still claustrophobic? hhmmm...
5. There is no way she could take the beating WW took.

pr1983
No I mean she does actually have the power to predict what he'll do. No mind reading, I believe it involves electrical impulses in the body (something of a one time power though)

even if she has that ability, electrical impulses move through his body thousands of times faster than they do through hers...

if she was as fast as him, maybe, but she isn't, i'm not exagerrating when i say he's thousands of times faster...

for her power to be effective, she needs to be fast enough to act on that prediction...

and EVEN then, whats she going to do? lightning to his exterior? not to someone who can sleep in the core of the sun, and has shrugged off bolts of magical lightning from the wizard shazam...

winds? clark's super breath is easily as strong as any winds she can muster, if not more powerful... and he can always just fly really fast too...

lightning inside his brain? not when every single cell is protected by a bio electric field...

how can she flash freeze someone who finds the vacuum of space comfortable?

and this is all assuming she can hit him... this is someone who can move so fast he's invisible to the naked eye... and then some.

her lightning won't hurt him, he can out tornado her, she cant freeze him and her bolt to the synapses will be ineffective...

unless she's packing magic, kryptonite or can pull a red sun out of her ass, she isnt hurting him. at all.

her? she has human durability. the only way she'll last any amount of time is if he gets indecisive about how to take her down...

Hitman911
even if she has that ability, electrical impulses move through his body thousands of times faster than they do through hers...

if she was as fast as him, maybe, but she isn't, i'm not exagerrating when i say he's thousands of times faster...

for her power to be effective, she needs to be fast enough to act on that prediction...

and EVEN then, whats she going to do? lightning to his exterior? not to someone who can sleep in the core of the sun, and has shrugged off bolts of magical lightning from the wizard shazam...

winds? clark's super breath is easily as strong as any winds she can muster, if not more powerful... and he can always just fly really fast too...

lightning inside his brain? not when every single cell is protected by a bio electric field...

and this is all assuming she can hit him... this is someone who can move so fast he's invisible to the naked eye... and then some.

her lightning won't hurt him, he can out tornado her, she cant freeze him and her bolt to the synapses will be ineffective...

unless she's packing magic, kryptonite or can pull a red sun out of her ass, she isnt hurting him. at all.

her? she has human durability. the only way she'll last any amount of time is if he gets indecisive about how to take her down...

AAAAAAMMMMMEEEEENNNNN BROTHER!!!!! band

Symmetric Chaos

I know that . . .

You seemed to be denying that she possessed the precog thing entirely, simply because 2damn claimed it existed.

pr1983
I know that . . .

You seemed to be denying that she possessed the precog thing entirely, simply because 2damn claimed it existed.

sowwie... embarrasment

if its reading electrical impulses, thats not really precognition is it?

it's not actual 'i can see the future' shit is it...

i'm only debating cos i disagree... if i agreed with something, i'd support it... messed

2damnloud
Yea, he is also protected by that bio-ELECTRIC field.

Storm can take it away.yes

She stands a good chance of winning.

2damnloud
Magneto could take it away too and Iceman could just freeze him from his insides.

The team PWNS him.yes

pr1983

you're kidding... you have to be kidding... i'm actually convinced now that you don't actually believe a word you say, that you just do it for the sake of it...

2damnloud
I'm serious.

It's just like she can kill GL by making an electric Storm inside his shield, work her powers through Magneto's shielding, and rip electrons from Stardust.

She's just good like that.yes

With his bio-aura now gone, she unleashes and he dies.

Him surviving in the core of the sun is irrelevant since he THRIVES in it.

pr1983
I'm serious.

It's just like she can kill GL by making an electric Storm inside his shield, work her powers through Magneto's shielding, and rip electrons from Stardust.

umm...

she can't do that to a gl, as the shields can block psionic signals. so you're wrong there, unless the gl is stupid enough to let her try.

magneto's shield isnt the same as a gl's so using that kind of logic is wrong too. thats assuming she can even get through his shield, which she hasnt shown herself capable of doing consistently.

as regards superman... so wait. she's supposed to use her ability to detect his electric impulses (even though they move far faster than she can, and you keep disregarding the fact that reflexes and speed play a part in any way she's going to take advantage of that), then she's supposed to take away his bio electric field (even though its completely alien to her and nothing like she's ever encountered), and then she's what, supposed to fry his synapses? and he's what, sitting on his ass watching tv at the time?

No. not a snowballs chance in hell.

even if she could predict his movements, it wont work, because: his body, his thought processes, metabolism, bio electric impulses, everything about him, is hundreds of times more evolved than hers (and faster). she can't process the recognition of what he's going to do fast enough for her to stop him flash freezing/frying or just simply killing her.

even if she did take down his bio electric field? she's supposed to put him down in one shot? whats she going to unleash, black panther's jobbing aura? against the guy who takes hits from darkseid, mental attacks from despero and magical bolts from shazam without being put out for the count? but wait, she's attacking his BRAIN. yeah, his brain is just as durable as the rest of him. so no, again, no.

he thrives in the sun yes, but there's also the fact that the sun still gives thousands of degrees of heat, and it doesnt affect him in the slightest. he doesnt absorb it all, it just doesnt affect him.

so no, again, you stretch, and fail.

KK the Great
This is basically Magneto vs. Superman as Storm and Iceman stand around and reminisce about galactic cores and full potentials.

2damnloud
umm...

she can't do that to a gl, as the shields can block psionic signals. so you're wrong there, unless the gl is stupid enough to let her try.

magneto's shield isnt the same as a gl's so using that kind of logic is wrong too. thats assuming she can even get through his shield, which she hasnt shown herself capable of doing consistently.

as regards superman... so wait. she's supposed to use her ability to detect his electric impulses (even though they move far faster than she can, and you keep disregarding the fact that reflexes and speed play a part in any way she's going to take advantage of that), then she's supposed to take away his bio electric field (even though its completely alien to her and nothing like she's ever encountered), and then she's what, supposed to fry his synapses? and he's what, sitting on his ass watching tv at the time?

No. not a snowballs chance in hell.

even if she could predict his movements, it wont work, because: his body, his thought processes, metabolism, bio electric impulses, everything about him, is hundreds of times more evolved than hers (and faster). she can't process the recognition of what he's going to do fast enough for her to stop him flash freezing/frying or just simply killing her.

even if she did take down his bio electric field? she's supposed to put him down in one shot? whats she going to unleash, black panther's jobbing aura? against the guy who takes hits from darkseid, mental attacks from despero and magical bolts from shazam without being put out for the count? but wait, she's attacking his BRAIN. yeah, his brain is just as durable as the rest of him. so no, again, no.

he thrives in the sun yes, but there's also the fact that the sun still gives thousands of degrees of heat, and it doesnt affect him in the slightest. he doesnt absorb it all, it just doesnt affect him.

so no, again, you stretch, and fail.

Blah blah.

You're under the assumption that his neural pathways have to move at lightspeed to foster superfast movements??

The neurons can fire at normal speed, and the action be fast.

If infact she can see the neurons fire BEFORE the superfast action, how fast the action is becomes irrelevantlaughing out loud.

In talking about linear movements:

Superman see's her and percieves her, he then decides to move in on her. His brain sends the signal to his muscles at normal speed and he moves at whatever stupid dumb fast speed. Storm is already ready like.........yesterdaylaughing out loud

Then again, why would he fly superfast into someone who he only has limited knowledge of?laughing out loud

About the shields:

The same foolish argument was used for Ironman. All psionics are not the same.

She's gotten through Magneto's shields enough.

His field is electrical, so no, it's not "alien to her"laughing out loud roll eyes (sarcastic).

What do punches from those guys have to do with Storm?? Do you have any actual proof of any correlation?? No?? Well trash that shit.

Shazzam's lightning being magical= Stronger than Storm's? Again, do you have proof of a correlation??

It has been revelaed that Storm is a direct descendant of the first sorceress. I guess her lightning is EXTRA, stupid WTF strong, so she REALLY shits on Supes.laughing out loud

The sun's core gives off millions of degrees of heat. And do you have any proof that the heat aspect is something seperate and apart from what he thrives on and therefore would hurt him if he wasn't so "durable"?? If this was true, then he wouldn't get hurt by any blast at any time except ones>>>>the core of the sun. Ask yourself, has he been phased by blast that are less than the intensity of the Sun's core?? See how your argument falls apart??laughing out loud

The shit fell apart in the first sentence.--"He thrives on the sun, yes, but......". There are no "buts". He either does, or he doesn'tlaughing out loud

Soljer
Stop trolling. Thanks. smile.

Kurash
Blah blah.

You're under the assumption that his neural pathways have to move at lightspeed to foster superfast movements??

If infact she can see the neurons fire BEFORE the superfast action, how fast the action is becomes irrelevantlaughing out loud.

Superman see's her and percieves her, he then decides to move in on her. His brain sends the signal to his muscles at normal speed and he moves at whatever stupid dumb fast speed. Storm is already ready like.........yesterdaylaughing out loud

Then again, why would he fly superfast into someone who he only has limited knowledge of?laughing out loud

About the shields:

His field is electrical, so no, it's not "alien to her"laughing out loud roll eyes (sarcastic).

What do punches from those guys have to do with Storm?? Do you have any actual proof of any correlation?? No?? Well trash that shit.

Shazzam's lightning being magical= Stronger than Storm's? Again, do you have proof of a correlation??

It has been revelaed that Storm is a direct descendant of the first sorceress. I guess her lightning is EXTRA, stupid WTF strong, so she REALLY shits on Supes.laughing out loud

The sun's core gives off millions of degrees of heat. And do you have any proof that the heat aspect is something seperate and apart from what he thrives on and therefore would hurt him if he wasn't so "durable"?? If this was true, then he wouldn't get hurt by any blast at any time except ones>>>>the core of the sun. Ask yourself, has he been phased by blast that are less than the intensity of the Sun's core?? See how your argument falls apart??laughing out loud

The shit fell apart in the first sentence.--"He thrives on the sun, yes, but......". There are no "buts". He either does, or he doesn'tlaughing out loud

my god, you really are just stupid

Doctor-Alvis
If she ever stopped being a hippy and went all Dr. Light, Dr. Polaris, Magneto, Graviton, or to a lesser extent, just Polaris with her powers, there's a chance she could do the same thing Dr. Polaris was doing, provided it's on a day where Superman actually has a forcefield.

2damnloud
I like hippy Storm.

I just wish writers were more consistent in their portrayal, they just write any ****ing thing, and then I have to enlighten them if I can.

Did you notice after I posted about how Storm is a descendant of Ashake, she then went on to be = to Strange in spiritual power and housed Eternity's essence??yes

One story should take into consideration the preceeding stories about the character.

I remember ExodusCloak used to come to the Mcduffie board as an alias and try to argue with me. I used to pwn him every single time.laughing out loud

Bouboumaster
I HATE Superman. Litteraly. But here, the best thing that Iceman could do is statlemate, and this is if BFR isn't allowed. 'Cause Sup could throw it at the sun. Game, set, and match.

Magneto got his field, but how long could they prevent him from an attack of the man of steel? *vomit*

And Storm is dead. Whatever.

Doctor-Alvis
Did you notice after I posted about how Storm is a descendant of Ashake, she then went on to be = to Strange in spiritual power and housed Eternity's essence??yes
Crap no. Never saw it.

But it didn't seem that strange anyway. Storm's combination of components has a very high... mental sturdiness? I don't know how else to word that. Even though the hippy parts bore me to death power-wise, it almost always comes with a big bonus to the WIS attribute.

It's actually a pretty slick scenario I wish I'd thought of, and both Gravity and Storm could easily get some big upgrades. Moreso for Storm probably, since the gravitas of the consciousness of the universe sitting in your noodle has to have some Q like benefits.

KK the Great
I like hippy Storm.

I just wish writers were more consistent in their portrayal, they just write any ****ing thing, and then I have to enlighten them if I can.

One story should take into consideration the preceeding stories about the character.

That's a great point.

We should probably toss out that silly galactic core nonsense, then, huh?

2damnloud
Originally posted by KK the Great
That's a great point.

We should probably toss out that silly galactic core nonsense, then, huh?

Naw.

It wasn't out of character and can be reconciled within the explainations of her powers/history.

KK the Great
Naw.

It wasn't out of character and can be reconciled within the explainations of her powers/history.

The **** it can.

As soon as a writer starts talking about galaxies in reference to a character whose power is weather control, that's the point when an editor should step in and say, "what the hell are you doing?"

Doctor-Alvis
No matter how you slice it, it's a nigh forgotten, one time feat like Juggernaut casting magic spells, Venom eating brains, and Spider-man's night vision.

2damnloud
Blah.

I've explained the feat/her powers over and over again time and time AGAIN ad nauseum

We've forgotten there are two other people on the team who fight Superman.

Soljer
And the only one that, even theoretically, has a chance in hell is Iceman.

Sirius77

A few seconds...

Something moving ftl will need alot more than a few seconds prep.

Sirius77

You realize that superman can absorb electricity to restore his powers right?

Sirius77
Blah blah.

About the shields:

Superman survived a blast equal to 50 supernovas.

Survived having his arteries pinched telepathically by
manchester b, causing a stroke. Faked his death, and
regenerated in a page or less.

Take away his bio-electric
aura (which storm can't) and you have wolverine with heat
vision, strength sufficien to lift 65 quintillion tons, ftl speed
and flight and various sensory powers.

If storms brain is so fast, then why does she get koed by people
with normal reflexes? What is she going to do to superman? He's
ftl.

Shazams lightning is powerful enough to hurt ba, cm, and superman.
Its powerful enough for the depowered specter to notice. Storms
lighning isn't even an issue.

Doctor-Alvis
He really heals that fast now?

I've explained the feat/her powers over and over again time and time AGAIN ad nauseum.
Just like someone once explained to me the moon followed me on our family road trips.

Okay, I stole that from a Pearl Jam song but the point still stands.

2damnloud
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
He really heals that fast now?

Just like someone once explained to me the moon followed me on our family road trips.

Okay, I stole that from a Pearl Jam song but the point still stands.

There is no point.

You were presented with the opportunity to make your point and you failed. Yet you're still of that opinion with absolutely no proof. You can't even begin to explain your own thesis.

I explain my opinion, and either it, or some variation of it becomes canon because it makes the most sense logically(even with Yeahbutwhat aka ExodusCloak opposing me).

You will either have to have some sort of bias which would egender the outright omission/ignorance of certain things, or the use of some sort of fallacy in order for your opinion to be valid or even make sense. Then it still wouldn't be a valid argument anyway because of the aforementioned things confused sick

I'm the shit evil face

Doctor-Alvis
You were presented with the opportunity to make your point and you failed. Yet you're still of that opinion with absolutely no proof. You can't even begin to explain your own thesis.
There's no presenting the opportunity of anything, it's a public forum not Sunday school. If I want to say something I'll say it.

And I don't recall you once ever even asking me to jam with you about the galactic core thing, just nagging me over power explanations, which I already said repeatedly the end wouldn't justify the means. These are two separate matters but I can assure you I'd refuse again because of previously mentioned reasons.

But on a side note, it is difficult to explain sometimes. I tried putting it into words once. It came out a little rough but it was thoroughly ignored. That's exactly what I get for my effort, a heap of nothing.

Yeah, that's real objective. "I think mine sounds better so it becomes true."

No bias that I'm aware of. I just don't think your opinions are all that logical. I can honestly see how you might come up with them but they're still way out there from my stand point.

I must say though, it's really uncritical of you to only see those two overly convoluted options. That's the gist of my disagreement with 80% of what you say really. It's always this out of the way conclusion and you always pretend to be some kind of self appointed judge yet refuse to look at both sides. Everything's always a bigger deal than it actually is. It's like your Beebe Bluff and the whole world is Doug's music video.

Or some variation of that statement. For the record, I don't care. I don't care about your opinion of yourself and I don't care who you debate or where you debate them or how well you think you did against them. I don't care what writers you contact unless they are current and talking directly to me.

It's not like an aggression thing, it's just who the crap are these people? What is the information for? Seems like nothing. It's kind of hypocritical because I give my opinion on why I don't bend to your will but I'm me and you're you.

2damnloud
There's no presenting the opportunity of anything, it's a public forum not Sunday school. If I want to say something I'll say it.

And I said you couldn't??

And I don't recall you once ever even asking me to jam with you about the galactic core thing, just nagging me over power explanations, which I already said repeatedly the end wouldn't justify the means. These are two separate matters but I can assure you I'd refuse again because of previously mentioned reasons.

It was in general. I wanted to to present some sort of BASIS for your opinion. Just curious to know how you came to such a conclusion with absolutely NOTHING backing you.

You predictin that I'm not going listening to something that I formally ASKED of you is a lame excuse to not even try. I guess you know that I'm right and you have nothing to back you up. Nothing of any merit, anyway.

Sidenote: me totally disagreeing with your opinion does not= not listening.

But on a side note, it is difficult to explain sometimes. I tried putting it into words once. It came out a little rough but it was thoroughly ignored. That's exactly what I get for my effort, a heap of nothing.

See, This is better.

You find it hard to explain.

I can accept that.yes

No bias that I'm aware of. I just don't think your opinions are all that logical. I can honestly see how you might come up with them but they're still way out there from my stand point.

Yet you are incapable of actually formulating a reason why?? confused

I must say though, it's really uncritical of you to only see those two overly convoluted options. That's the gist of my disagreement with 80% of what you say really. It's always this out of the way conclusion and you always pretend to be some kind of self appointed judge yet refuse to look at both sides. Everything's always a bigger deal than it actually is. It's like your Beebe Bluff and the whole world is Doug's music video.

I look, I ponder, I match it with the evidence and common sense, and the shit just doesn't add up.

Like Exodus and I had some sort of argument on whether she could control water. I said she mentally controls water and phases of matter(used the scentist's analysis, some scans of her making a lenses from water vapor etc.) ExodusCloak(aka yeahbutwhat) says she doesn't directl do it, she uses some sort of static field(ionic field; which doesnt even exist) to repel water in some fashion etc.. He proceeded to use a scientific experiement with a stream(not water vapor) being manipulated by some static.

Long story short, she can ****in control water/the phases of matter/fluid mechanics with her mind to whatever degree. This is why she turned Hydroman into a gas. smokin'

I have to go and look for that argument because I forgot everything that was said.

My side made the most sense.

Critical thinking= static field was only shown to move water in a steady STREAM, NOT in gaseous, vapor form to coalesce and make a specialized lense.

Conclusion: storm controls water DIRECTLY with her mind and accelerates/ initiates the bergeron process, and to do this, obviously has control over thermodynamics(we can refer to Inferno; equitorial heat from eqautor etc.)

Or some variation of that statement. For the record, I don't care. I don't care about your opinion of yourself and I don't care who you debate or where you debate them or how well you think you did against them. I don't care what writers you contact unless they are current and talking directly to me.

Didn't ask you to "care". Just to show that 9/10, my argumnets make the most sense to an "outsider" looking in.

It's not like an aggression thing, it's just who the crap are these people? What is the information for? Seems like nothing. It's kind of hypocritical because I give my opinion on why I don't bend to your will but I'm me and you're you.

confused

Kurash
There is no point.

I explain my opinion, and either it, or some variation of it becomes canon because it makes the most sense logically(even with Yeahbutwhat aka ExodusCloak opposing me).

You will either have to have some sort of bias which would egender the outright omission/ignorance of certain things, or the use of some sort of fallacy in order for your opinion to be valid or even make sense. Then it still wouldn't be a valid argument anyway because of the aforementioned things confused sick

I'm the shit evil face

laughing laughing laughing laughing

Kurash

It was in general. I wanted to to present some sort of BASIS for your opinion. Just curious to know how you came to such a conclusion with absolutely NOTHING backing you.

You predictin that I'm not going listening to something that I formally ASKED of you is a lame excuse to not even try. I guess you know that I'm right and you have nothing to back you up. Nothing of any merit, anyway.

Sidenote: me totally disagreeing with your opinion does not= not listening.

See?? This is better.

You find it hard to explain.

I can accept that.yes

Yet you are incapable of actually formulating a reason why?? confused

I look, I ponder match with the evidence and common sense, and the shit just doesn't ass up.

Like Exodus and I had some sort of argument on whether she could control water. I said she mentally controls water and phases of matter(used the scentist's analysis, some scans of her making a lenses from water vapor etc.) ExodusCloak(aka yeahbutwhat) says she doesn't directl do it, she uses some sort of static field(ionic field; which doesnt even exist) to repel water in some fashion etc.. He proceeded to use a scientific experiement with a stream(not water vapor) being manipulated by some static.

Long story short, she can ****in control water/the phases of matter/fluid mechanics with her mind to whatever degree. This is why she turned Hydroman into a gas. smokin'

I have to go and look for that argument because I forgot everything that was said.

My side made the most sense.

Critical thinking= static field only was shown to move water ina steady stream, NOT in gaseous vapor form to coalesce and make a specialized lense.

Conclusion, storm controls water DIRECTLY with her mind and accelerates/ initiates the bergeron process and to do this, obviously has control over thermodynamics(we can refer to Inferno; equitorial heat from eqautor etc.)

Didn't ask you to "care". Just to show that 9/10, my argumnets make the most sense to an "outsider" looking in.

confused

Kurash

KK the Great

For the record, you're even more laughable to outsiders.

Take it from someone who has seen you mocked from afar.

Hitman911
She Cant stop Heat Vision.....chair

Soljer
For the record, you're even more laughable to outsiders.

Take it from someone who has seen you mocked from afar.

So, Rutard or 2damndumb? Which is it?

2damnloud
She Cant stop Heat Vision.....chair

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Hitman911
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud Oh I stand corrected then........

no2

Doctor-Alvis
Apparently not without being presented with an opportunity, probably of a lifetime. It's like you're selling magazine subscriptions and/or timeshares.

We'll you'll have to be more specific.

Oh, I have all I need to back me up. The comic page, my trusty swiss army knife, and the same sense 30 or so years of comic book writers seem to have.

I'm talking completely ignored. No replies. At. All. Screw that. There are many other occasions where my main points will be skipped over as well. It just doesn't pay off as much as off the cuff stuff does.

Yay... I've given an acceptable answer to Judge Reinhold. The specific instance I was thinking of was regarding character placement on some kind of "food chain." Needless to say, there are a lot of variables to consider when typing that out. This subject, not so much.

That's just the thing. I've given you reasons before. You've ignored them or missed them or something.

I think you're confusing your common sense with everyone's common sense. Everyone's thought process is different. I'm not saying I'm absolutely correct and objective on the subject, since subjectivity clouds everything, but do you ever contemplate the possibility of yourself making a mistake?

Then Exodus was sooo close to hitting my theory behind it. That being directly affecting the electrons of the water molecules.

You want a analysis of Storm's powers so bad? Here's the summary, with added Magneto reference because he always comes up. Do you really not like him or something? Anyway:

Magneto and Storm essentially have the same power. Anything one can do, the other can do to some degree. The difference is in their application and methodology. Magneto, being a scientist, applied it to computers and basic forces of physics. Storm being a hippy, applies it to nature, and though blah blah mystical blah blah spirits, it's basically wired in her skull that way. Either one of them can replicate the others feats to some degree but it's not their forte so it'd naturally be more tough. Two sides of the same coin. I could spend hours cherry picking every single word until I feel it's expressed exactly what I'm trying to get across or elaborating but I'm not, even though I've milled through it a few times already. You can make your gripes about who has the most "power" but clearly you have some kind of thing with Storm, like she represents you to some degree or something and going into that wouldn't be worth it.

Hahaha, did you take a poll or something? Who has two thumbs and doesn't care what outsiders think? This guy! What you say, outsiders say, or you say outsiders say about yours or my argument is of no consequence is it? Unless they are designated judges or actually contributing it's kind of pointless since it's the actual arguments themselves that matter. And validation doesn't doesn't count as contributing unless it's from a judge.

Just trying to keep things on track. I know how plain text can skew things and it seemed pretty negative in just plain text.

KK the Great
So, Rutard or 2damndumb? Which is it?

2 is more ridiculous in an obvious way, from the perspective of an outsider. However, when you take a closer look, it becomes clear that Ru actually believes all this crap, wholeheartedly and with a measure of unhealthy devotion, while 2oodles is more about getting people riled up.

Doctor-Alvis
2oodles
Ah man, I like that one, but I already use "toodles." Might get confusing.

2damnloud
You want a analysis of Storm's powers so bad? Here's the summary, with added Magneto reference because he always comes up. Do you really not like him or something? Anyway:

Magneto and Storm essentially have the same power. Anything one can do, the other can do to some degree. The difference is in their application and methodology. Magneto, being a scientist, applied it to computers and basic forces of physics. Storm being a hippy, applies it to nature, and though blah blah mystical blah blah spirits, it's basically wired in her skull that way. Either one of them can replicate the others feats to some degree but it's not their forte so it'd naturally be more tough. Two sides of the same coin. I could spend hours cherry picking every single word until I feel it's expressed exactly what I'm trying to get across or elaborating but I'm not, even though I've milled through it a few times already. You can make your gripes about who has the most "power" but clearly you have some kind of thing with Storm, like she represents you to some degree or something and going into that wouldn't be worth it.

Cool.

I can rock with this.

There is the glaring flaw in you thesis in that you make differentiation between "nature" and "basic forces of physics". There are essentially the same.

Uhh, Storm's powers are psionic and Magneto uses Magnetic fields.

You were right in that they can do some of the same things--Magnetism/electricity pretty much the same except in certain instances such as static(no magnetism) and a permenant magnet(no electricity).

Storm obviously has the most power and potential.

Anways, if that's the best you've got, I can accept it.

Thanx for trying.yes

pr1983
Blah blah.

About the shields:

Possibly the single most stupid thing i have ever read in my years here at KMC... and that is saying alot.

you don't have a clue... at all.

so i'm done even talking to you, unless its to warn you your blatant breaking of forum rules, that you just seem to love to do...

The **** it can.

As soon as a writer starts talking about galaxies in reference to a character whose power is weather control, that's the point when an editor should step in and say, "what the hell are you doing?"

thats actually claremont, as a people will tell you, claremont likes to talk big, but sucks at actually defining what powers can and cant do... he always has...

2damnloud
Possibly the single most stupid thing i have ever read in my years here at KMC... and that is saying alot.

you don't have a clue... at all.

so i'm done even talking to you, unless its to warn you your blatant breaking of forum rules, that you just seem to love to do...

Truth is an offense, I see.

I do have a clue about on thing, I know that you're a Storm hater and have been for some 2 years now.yes Even if you did respond, it would really mean very little to nothing to me anyway just off the strength of that.yes

Why are you even still a mod and how did you become one in the first place is what I'm clueless of. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Doctor-Alvis
I think you're confusing your common sense with everyone's common sense. Everyone's thought process is different. I'm not saying I'm absolutely correct and objective on the subject, since subjectivity clouds everything, but do you ever contemplate the possibility of yourself making a mistake?
Legitimate question, but I'll take that as an "absolutely not." Not something a critical thinker would skip.

I wish I'd gotten an answer to this beforehand.

There is the glaring flaw in you thesis in that you make differentiation between "nature" and "basic forces of physics". There are essentially the same.
But since it's out there I might as well clarify.

Storm seems completely wired to doing "nature" feats. Tornadoes, lightning, things regarding weather. Yes, you'd have to go through the basic forces of physics but... it's like, in fact very similar to, the way human smile. It takes contracting X amount of muscles to do it. How's it work? Crap if I know, but we can naturally do it, it's coded in there. Storm's upbringing and natural ties to nature interweaves the two. So being able to coordinate a hurricane would come as easily a regular person could clench a fist or walk on two legs. It's pretty round about. Many energy welding characters seem to be like this. Just a mental block or two from being a flat out Silver Surfer.

This ties in with the numerous references to keeping herself in check because just as a person may physically lash about their fists or legs when they get out of control, the same will happen with the weather with Storm.

I really don't think she's that aware of how her feats occur down to the atomic scale, aside from "feeling" it, as someone who actually "comic book" studies it but that in no way stops her from performing the feats or branching off into separate fields by simply trying it. Of course, flexing that "weather muscle" will have different effects depending on where she is, which ties into... her powers working differently depending on where she is, space, Jupiter, that alien planet. The Trion dimension was completely different, everyone's powers were action differently, even Storm as seen with her "wtf?" faces in reaction to her own powers.

What I've been saying is if she could cut back on the "nature" part she'd be far more powerful. Why make a hurricane the size of a hemisphere? ...I mean really, why? If there was a valid reason for that, that's cool, but otherwise it's a waste. Imagine that energy focused into a small beam. Or directly applying it in the form of telekinesis. Sure, it's not as pretty, but it's efficient. It'd also help if she got over that pesky habit of burning herself out from large amounts of energy.

But it doesn't seem like she can. She's done a little work on manipulating electronics hasn't she? But it doesn't matter so much. That is what make Storm Storm isn't it?

Almost every energy manipulating power is psionic. Magneto psionically manipulates magnetism. Iceman psionically manipulates kinetic energy in such a moron way that he can only make things cold. Dazzler psionically manipulates light... or was it sound? Nobody cares about Dazzler anyway.

You always have to sneak something in don't you? Storm can't be more powerful. She's a woman and woman are teh st00pid n w\33k.

I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over the sound of you being condescending.

Storm hater
Ooooooookaaaaaaay

Kurash
Truth is an offense, I see.

I do have a clue about on thing, I know that you're a Storm hater and have been for some 2 years now.yes Even if you did respond, it would really mean very little to nothing to me anyway just off the strength of that.yes

Why are you even still a mod and how did you become one in the first place is what I'm clueless of. roll eyes (sarcastic)

i really want you to get banned, but then again i dont, because sometimes i get a big laugh at what you say and other times im just pissed at how stupid you are.

Bransolute
The funny thing is... I've probably got more warnings than 2damn, and on the things I've got warnings on, they weren't even half as bad as the stuff 2damn says...

Weird...

Kurash
Originally posted by Bransolute
The funny thing is... I've probably got more warnings than 2damn, and on the things I've got warnings on, they weren't even half as bad as the stuff 2damn says...

Weird...

very

h1a8
Superman can stop time with respect to Storm, Iceman, and Magneto. Thus Iceman gets thrown into the sun, Magneto gets flung into the sun where he would at least suffucate trying to get back to Earth (if he even survives the sun that is). Storm just gets killed. Remember when time is stopped no amount of precog is going to save you. You know why? Because she can't move. She's just a frozen duck in time.

Let me guess. You're going to ask how can Superman stop time with respect to those, right? Well if he can then do you believe he can beat the team easily? If you answer yes then I will prove to you how. But you must answer yes first.

Bransolute
Originally posted by h1a8
Let me guess. You're going to ask how can Superman stop time with respect to those, right? Because he moves so fast that they don't have time to do anything, right?

Doctor-Alvis
A simple comparison regarding precog that was once used for Flash: If precog character is in a dark room and the light turns on, will that character be able to react before the light hits them?

2damnloud

But since it's out there I might as well clarify.

Storm seems completely wired to doing "nature" feats. Tornadoes, lightning, things regarding weather. Yes, you'd have to go through the basic forces of physics but... it's like, in fact very similar to, the way human smile. It takes contracting X amount of muscles to do it. How's it work? Crap if I know, but we can naturally do it, it's coded in there. Storm's upbringing and natural ties to nature interweaves the two. So being able to coordinate a hurricane would come as easily a regular person could clench a fist or walk on two legs. It's pretty round about. Many energy welding characters seem to be like this. Just a mental block or two from being a flat out Silver Surfer.

This ties in with the numerous references to keeping herself in check because just as a person may physically lash about their fists or legs when they get out of control, the same will happen with the weather with Storm.

I really don't think she's that aware of how her feats occur down to the atomic scale, aside from "feeling" it, as someone who actually "comic book" studies it but that in no way stops her from performing the feats or branching off into separate fields by simply trying it. Of course, flexing that "weather muscle" will have different effects depending on where she is, which ties into... her powers working differently depending on where she is, space, Jupiter, that alien planet. The Trion dimension was completely different, everyone's powers were action differently, even Storm as seen with her "wtf?" faces in reaction to her own powers.

What I've been saying is if she could cut back on the "nature" part she'd be far more powerful. Why make a hurricane the size of a hemisphere? ...I mean really, why? If there was a valid reason for that, that's cool, but otherwise it's a waste. Imagine that energy focused into a small beam. Or directly applying it in the form of telekinesis. Sure, it's not as pretty, but it's efficient. It'd also help if she got over that pesky habit of burning herself out from large amounts of energy.

But it doesn't seem like she can. She's done a little work on manipulating electronics hasn't she? But it doesn't matter so much. That is what make Storm Storm isn't it?

Almost every energy manipulating power is psionic. Magneto psionically manipulates magnetism. Iceman psionically manipulates kinetic energy in such a moron way that he can only make things cold. Dazzler psionically manipulates light... or was it sound? Nobody cares about Dazzler anyway.

You always have to sneak something in don't you? Storm can't be more powerful. She's a woman and woman are teh st00pid n w\33k.

I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over the sound of you being condescending.

Ooooooookaaaaaaay

Thanx for your analysis.

And I think she has concentrated the full power of a Storm into a single blast.

And you are correct in that she is just a mental block away from being a Silver Surfer. Hell , even considerably more powerful. This is confirmed by CC's response to my question about if she actually harnessed the composite energy of those millions of stars. He said yes, she did, but she was much younger and had no conception of her limitations so she just went balls-to-the wall and did it. Sp in essence, it doesn't matter how "far" the stars were because limitation was not apart of her reality at that time.

Theres also the hint of a mystical element as well as apart of her powers.

Storm is infact aware of what she's doing on that atomic level. She can see electrons and energy patterns behind the weather and see matter as energy(E=MC^2).

Storm's powers being weather-based simply means, in my interpretation, just an expression of who/what she was initially created to be. I think it is true that she was meant to be that kinda "goddess" character and the main expression of "God" as we know and encounter everyday and in mythology is "weather" , the elements etc. which encompass all things, not just being good at just ONE thing.

Essentially, she "is" a Magneto an Iceman, a hydrokenetic, aerokenetic and then some.

Magneto has control over infrared radiation but not convection.

Iceman can control heat but not electricity.

Storm can do both of what they do, to a good degree. The EM spectrum is merely different frequencies of the same thing. Storm has already shown that she can use Gamma radiation(the highest energy part of the spectrum) to enhance her powers. That's how she made that Cosmic greenhouse thing.

I mean, what does it really take to create magnetism anyway?? Electric current moving a certain way. Woopty ****in doo. roll eyes (sarcastic)

If you notce, most of Magneto's feats that are supposedly non-metal, atomic control are essentially still displays of magnetism on ferrous material.

Blood=metal
those plastic and CERAMIC missiles= metal (missiles are made with ceramics and ferrites).

Granted, it would take a very strong magentic field, but still.

It would be nothing for her.

Iceman: Freeze something, you take the heat away.

Wind: uneven heating of earth's surface leads to pressure differnetials and some other stuff.

Please. roll eyes (sarcastic)

If Storm wanted to heat a cup of joe, she should be able to make it boiling hot.

It's nothing, really.

I don't think she should be able to control gravity since there is no logical reason why. confused

Sirius77
Thanx for your analysis.

And you are correct in that she is just a mental block away from being a Silver Surfer. Hell , even considerably more powerful. This is confirmed by CC's response to my question about if she actually harnessed the composite energy of those millions of stars. He said yes, she did, but she was much younger and had no conception of her limitations so she just went balls-to-the wall and did it. Sp in essence, it doesn't matter how "far" the stars were because limitation was not apart of her reality at that time.

Theres also the hint of a mystical element as well as apart of her powers.

Storm is infact aware of what she's doing on that atomic level. She can see electrons and energy patterns behind the weather and see matter as energy(E=MC^2).

Storm's powers being weather-based simply means, in my interpretation, just an expression of who/what she was initially created to be. I think it is true that she was meant to be that kinda "goddess" character and the main expression of "God" as we know and encounter everyday and in mythology is "weather" , the elements etc. which encompass all things, not just being good at just ONE thing.

Essentially, she "is" a Magneto an Iceman, a hydrokenetic, aerokenetic and then some.

Magneto has control over infrared radiation but not convection.

Iceman can control heat but not electricity.

Storm can do both of what they do, to a good degree. The EM spectrum is merely different frequencies of the same thing. Storm has already shown that she can use Gamma radiation(the highest energy part of the spectrum) to enhance her powers. That's how she made that Cosmic greenhouse thing.

I mean, what does it really take to create magnetism anyway?? Electric current moving a certain way. Woopty ****in doo. roll eyes (sarcastic)

If you notce, most of Magneto's feats that are supposedly non-metal, atomic control are essentially still displays of magnetism on ferrous material.

Blood=metal
those plastic and CERAMIC missiles= metal (missiles are made with ceramics and ferrites).

Granted, it would take a very strong magentic field, but still.

It would be nothing for her.

Iceman: Freeze something, you take the heat away.

Wind: uneven heating of earth's surface leads to pressure differnetials and some other stuff.

Please. roll eyes (sarcastic)

If Storm wanted to heat a cup of joe, she should be able to make it boiling hot.

It's nothing, really.

I don't think she should be able to control gravity since there is no logical reason why. confused

Scans?

2damnloud
A simple comparison regarding precog that was once used for Flash: If precog character is in a dark room and the light turns on, will that character be able to react before the light hits them?

Light acts as a wave and not a single thing.

Kinda bad comparison

Sirius77

Kinda bad comparison

Actually light can be expressed as a wave or particle..

Symmetric Chaos

Light is both a wave and a particle.

Soljer
Just to make it three in a row;

Look up wave-particle duality.

Kurash

Kinda bad comparison

it can be a wave or a particle my friend

2damnloud
Yea, I know, but not in the context of the example.

Symmetric Chaos
laughing out loud

Symmetric Chaos
Yea, I know, but not in the context of the example.

????

2damnloud
The light coming from the bulb in Doctor_Alvis' example is acting as a wave.laughing out loud

Symmetric Chaos
The light coming from the bulb in Doctor_Alvis' example is acting as a wave.laughing out loud

And a particle doped

Soljer
And a particle doped

Not to mention the fact that regardless of whether it's a wave, a particle, or Superman - Storm will be entirely unable to react to something at that speed.

iceman24567
Not to mention the fact that regardless of whether it's a wave, a particle, or Superman - Storm will be entirely unable to react to something at that speed. I thought you knew Strom can move at the speed of warp 15 Superman gets speed blitz.

Doctor-Alvis

Kinda bad comparison
Way to pick at an analogy instead of the point of the analogy.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by iceman24567
I thought you knew Strom can move at the speed of warp 15 Superman gets speed blitz.

There is no Warp15. Warp10 is defined in StarTrek as being literally instantaneous movement.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u280/jimgraz/The_More_You_Know.jpg

2damnloud
The speed of the light is irrelevant when you can plot the power source which makes the light work.

Doesn't light only move at that speed in a vaccum??

Symmetric Chaos
The speed of the light is irrelevant when you can plot the power source which makes the light work.

How perfectly irrelevant of you.

Sirius77

So, if you turn on the lights, can you dodge the the light because you know where its coming from?

Sirius77

Also, light moves at one hundred and eighty six thousand m/s all the time. c is a constant.

Doctor-Alvis

It's completely relevant if you can't react to the source before the light plucks your eyes out.

And yeah, but it's just for demonstrative purposes.

She should try skipping the Storm too. Put that into the blast.

Means dick now.

It's not her distance that makes the feat as you describe it not make sense. It's A) supposedly absorbing more energy than could actually reach her. She has no ability or history of having that effect on EM radiation. B) Monstrous leap in absorption capacity. Absorbing blizzards or hurricanes is absolutely no correlation.

Going by the art and her character history, it seems quite clear that she went for broke and, could of, summoned the whole, but only absorbed so much before she burned out. Her dying being attributed only to lack of atmosphere is bogus.

The awe of that varies from comic to comic.

So ****ing what? Does she know what is happening? I doubt it. That is my point.

You... get real deep into your comics don't you? Maybe it's just the religious? I wonder what that's like sometimes.

I'm not talking about what she can do, I'm talking about how they all do it.

You talk about Storm the same way Jimmy talks about Superman, Enzo talks about Bob, and my friend Phil talks about Rush.

Microwaves and lasers don't make heat anymore?

Same way Magneto did it. The same way Graviton manipulated light.

I was completely serious. Never? Everyone should double check themselves.

2damnloud

She should try skipping the Storm too. Put that into the blast.

Not really.

She can do both when neccessary.

Means dick now.

Nope.

He worte it.

He said she did on panel 25 years ago, and he said she did 25 years later.

It's not her distance that makes the feat as you describe it not make sense. It's A) supposedly absorbing more energy than could actually reach her. She has no ability or history of having that effect on EM radiation. B) Monstrous leap in absorption capacity. Absorbing blizzards or hurricanes is absolutely no correlation.

She made it reach her FASTER perhaps.

Her absorbtion capacity changed based on her perception.

Her perception of what she could and couldn't do was altered. Her whole mindframe was altered and therefore the elements refelcted it.

You're still trying to make it fit into your little stupid-ass box of "history" and the like.

Storm does have a history of accelerating naturally occuring phenomena(history)

Poeple change. She runs the whole gambit, again, from watering her plants to absorbing the galactic core or eternity's essence.

Just something you're going to have to deal with.

All of those things are part and parcel apart of storm, not just the ones you can understand with limited cognitive capacity.

Going by the art and her character history, it seems quite clear that she went for broke and, could of, summoned the whole, but only absorbed so much before she burned out. Her dying being attributed only to lack of atmosphere is bogus.

It doesn't say anything of the kind. It says "ENTIRE".

Do you get it???

So ****ing what? Does she know what is happening? I doubt it. That is my point.

Why wouldn't she know what is happening??laughing out loud

Perception, with respect tot he mind, is synonymous with actually knowing what is going on.

You... get real deep into your comics don't you? Maybe it's just the religious? I wonder what that's like sometimes.

The writers make a religious theme and undertones.

I'm not talking about what she can do, I'm talking about how they all do it.

I already said how they all do it.

Same way Magneto did it. The same way Graviton manipulated light.

Magneto didn't, though. He created a counteractive force(diamangetism)

Doctor-Alvis
not just the ones you can understand with limited cognitive capacity.
What. The. Hell?

Kurash
2damnloud you remind me a lot of the chewbacca defense

Soljer
2damn - stop trolling, please.

Thanks. smile.

2damnloud
What. The. Hell?

confused

You have limited understanding??

Bransolute
Originally posted by Kurash
2damnloud you remind me a lot of the chewbacca defense laughing out loud

Doctor-Alvis
confused

You have limited understanding??
Oh no, I fully understand. I just didn't expect the holier-than-thou "people who don't agree with me are dumb" bull crap to come creeping out for no apparent reason. You enjoy your night, Chester.

Creshosk

Doesn't light only move at that speed in a vaccum?? The power source for my lights is the coal based powerplant up in provo.

I can move faster than light now?

Ouallada
Originally posted by Kurash
2damnloud you remind me a lot of the chewbacca defense

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff281/twol84/200px-0330chewbacca.jpg

At least the Chewbacca defense is an intelligent way of obfuscating the truth. 2damnloud is jsut making his stupidity all the more apparent for his efforts.

Ouallada
I'm serious.

Show me exactly where she has done something similar. Link me to a scan or post it here. I want a feat which follows the logical path of your claim. Time to put up or shut up.

2damnloud
Oh no, I fully understand. I just didn't expect the holier-than-thou "people who don't agree with me are dumb" bull crap to come creeping out for no apparent reason. You enjoy your night, Chester.

I have questions:

Based on your two questions.

First why can't we go by the actually panel narrative that actually TELLS us what's going on??

Secondly, Why couldn't her powers over the elements enable to her to do that??

Logically, one would infer that perhaps she has more than just power over the elements in the traditional sense.

She used some kind of gun that shoots gamma radiation at the sun to enhance her powers. Gamma radiation kills living tissues. She used it to somehow enhance herself and make some kind of barrier on the earth in what seemed to be an instant.

I mean, how could you not get this? laughing out loud

It's been discussed ad nauseum.

I couldn't be a teacher laughing out loud

h1a8
Originally posted by Bransolute
Because he moves so fast that they don't have time to do anything, right? Right!

Its just like the Matrix movie when Neo was first dodging bullets. When the bullets were moving, the others (except Neo) were not able to move. Thus their time was frozen in our eyes. So in the eyes of Superman, Storm would be motionless, so would Iceman and Magneto.
That means he can go up to her while she's motionless and casually smack her head into a bloody pulp. And this is regardless of her being able to know what Superman is going to do in advanced (which I still don't believe by the way). So please stop this farce with Storm. For I just proved that she gets killed easily.

Ouallada
2damnloud:

Originally posted by Ouallada
Show me exactly where she has done something similar. Link me to a scan or post it here. I want a feat which follows the logical path of your claim. Time to put up or shut up.

2damnloud
Originally posted by h1a8
Right!

Its just like the Matrix movie when Neo was first dodging bullets. When the bullets were moving, the others (except Neo) were not able to move. Thus their time was frozen in our eyes. So in the eyes of Superman, Storm would be motionless, so would Iceman and Magneto.
That means he can go up to her while she's motionless and casually smack her head into a bloody pulp. And this is regardless of her being able to know what Superman is going to do in advanced (which I still don't believe by the way). So please stop this farce with Storm. For I just proved that she gets killed easily.

scans.

NiņoAraņa
scans. ...of a movie?

Doctor-Alvis
Guh, Superman clearly has some kind of sliding perception of time, ala, Flash, that lets him go from normal human interactions to being able to catch bullets from a machine gun. There might be an upper limit to it but it's still far faster than Storm will be able to perceive with her little early warning system thing.
Based on your two questions.
I never asked two questions. Maybe you got confused when trying to find more ways to stroke your own ego.

The on panel narrative is incomplete.

Explain. Because it sounds like a whole lot of nothing.

Get what? Your "It happens because it happens" fanfare? Or your misguided idea that you're any kind of authority on this? Either way, it's not adding up with my "stupid-ass history", aka, Marvel continuity. Surely the comics have to count over self projection.

Doctor-Alvis
mispost

2damnloud
Guh, Superman clearly has some kind of sliding perception of time, ala, Flash, that lets him go from normal human interactions to being able to catch bullets from a machine gun. There might be an upper limit to it but it's still far faster than Storm will be able to perceive with her little early warning system thing.

Scan.

I never asked two questions. Maybe you got confused when trying to find more ways to stroke your own ego.

Don't get pissy with me because what you say still doesn't add up.

The on panel narrative is incomplete.

Therein lies the problem.

You just can't accpet it for what is was.

Again, limited cognitive abilities.

Explain. Because it sounds like a whole lot of nothing.

Just what it says.

Why wouldn't she be able to do it based on her history or her powerset?

Anyone with a monicum of common sense would say, "Oh damn, she must have a good variety of abilities to apply her powers to. They include, but are not limited to weather manipulation."

This premise works.

Simple.

Your premise is riddled with fallacies and shit that you use as qualifier that has NOOOOO correlation to feat of contention.

It's funny, really.

I guess the "not limited to" part is where you get stuck because (logical fallacy) she can't do A like a certain character (usually someone like magneto, Iceman, Silver Surfer or better sill, The Phoenix Force she must not be able to do xyz(which she's already been shown to do) at least "not completely"(phrases like that make it fit into your little box so you can reconcile and understand it).

Instead of taking the evidence for what it is, you try to make it something else. See the preceeding quote/response for example-- "The narrative is incomplete" or what the writer says about his own work means "dick". Who the **** are you supposed to be?? It's hard to really get anywhere with someone who refuses to accept evidence and draw a conclusion from there like the any normal person. You have to twist the evidence to make your premise true.

We've critique said evidence ad nauseum and I even got the writer from 25 ****in years ago to cosign me. So the panel is credible within those perameters.

Your premise is false, and accepting the panel and writers own words then, and NOW would make it even more false.

Get what? Your "It happens because it happens" fanfare? Or your misguided idea that you're any kind of authority on this? Either way, it's not adding up with my "stupid-ass history", aka, Marvel continuity. Surely the comics have to count over self projection.

And infact the comics do count. That's why she's done even BIGGER stunts than that just recently which is Marvel contrinuity. big grin

This, again, supports my premise of her powers in that they include, but are not limited to, weather manipulation.

NOT LIMITED TO.

Your interpretation of said "history" is skewed.

You accept what you can ingest(weather manip) and reject what you can't(numerous feats you can't understand).

It's ALL apart of history, not just the ones the teeny weeny wittle baby can eat. laughing out loud

Actually, her history even further affrims what I say.

Of course this only includes rational people who don't ommit shit that doesn't make their broken down, shit-logic work. roll eyes (sarcastic)

2damnloud
Anyway, Let's get back on topic.

What can Superman do to Iceman?? BFR??

Blair Wind
Anyway, Let's get back on topic.

What can Superman do to Iceman?? BFR??

While I tend to stay out of debates that involve you in any way I can, this question would be a no.

Iceman would evaporate (unintentionally) if Superman were to speed him to the sun at his super speeds. He would of course still be alive, and fully functional, but at those speeds his ice form would evaporate.

KK the Great

What can Superman do to Iceman??

Uh, probably beat him effortlessly, given that he's a low-mid tier who gets strokes even more strangely than Storm because of some 90's concept of "zomg full potintal!!"

2damnloud
Originally posted by Blair Wind
While I tend to stay out of debates that involve you in any way I can, this question would be a no.

Iceman would evaporate (unintentionally) if Superman were to speed him to the sun at his super speeds. He would of course still be alive, and fully functional, but at those speeds his ice form would evaporate.

And would he now be inside Superman.

laughing out loud @ how that looks.

Doctor-Alvis
Scan.
I can't believe you'd need a scan of Superman catching bullets. Why even debate if you don't know the character?
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y186/zanpanzer/geekery/supermancatchingbullets2ww.jpg

Proof.

If limited cognitive abilities involves analyzing every detail to its fullest and not being biased towards my favorite characters, then I'll just go sit in the corner and cry on my pillow of objective observations.

What the gumble do you think you're talking about. Correlate this pile of nonsense to things I've actually said.

This is an ironic paragraph here, but I'll continue. Chris Claremont is obsolete. I could become a writer tomorrow and say anything Storm has done was a result of reading a Bazooka Joe comic and thinking she did it instead of the characters within the comic. Chris Claremont's words become void. The current writer holds the entire characters history in his or her pen and will always have that power over a previous writer. So you better get to work on brown nosing whoever's writing Storm at the moment or they won't be able to see you in the herds of other fanboys trying to play up their favorite character.

Ahem, you've. Debate isn't a one way street. For the rest, see above.

Feats don't work retroactively, Lewis, unless it's an actual retcon.

Who has two thumbs and never said Storm was limited to just weather manipulation? This guy!

In fact, I'm pretty sure I said the opposite, if you can wrap your head around that one.

Again, proof.

Who are you referencing in this one? Because that's kind of the basis of all your arguments isn't it? Crying about people bringing up Storm's every day feats and saying they don't count?

Soljer

Superman could always Super-Duper freeze iceman before he chunks him into outerspace.

ermm. Or something.

Things frozen with Superman's breath have survived the friction of being flung into the cosmos in the past....

King_Mungi
Well when Aurora/Northstar melted Ice Man's human body he turned into vapour and nearly would apparently have died if it wasn't for Mystique's save. Is Iceman invincible? Hardly.

Soljer
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Well when Aurora/Northstar melted Ice Man's human body he turned into vapour and nearly would apparently have died if it wasn't for Mystique's save. Is Iceman invincible? Hardly.

Is Iceman invincible? Nah.

Is he ridiculously inconsistent? Yeah.

Sometimes being vaporized almost kills him, sometimes it's exactly what he hopes will happen. erm.

King_Mungi
Is Iceman invincible? Nah.

Is he ridiculously inconsistent? Yeah.

Sometimes being vaporized almost kills him, sometimes it's exactly what he hopes will happen. erm.

Indeed, but tis board tends to believe he IS invincible, and that irks me.

Blair Wind

Let us notice what you just said. Human body blown up into vapor. It was a miracle he went from human to vapor at all.

Last times he was blown up in Iceman form he did just fine (sentinels, absorbed by fire guy, and teleporting into matter) and recovered instantly.

There IS a difference

King_Mungi
Let us notice what you just said. Human body It was a miracle he went from human to vapor

Last time he was blown up in Iceman form he did just fine (sentinels, and teleporting into matter) and recovered instantly.

There IS a difference

They said in the issue he transformed before he completly was incinerated so meh! It irked me as the part where he nearly died in that issue was left completly out of the respect thread ignoring that part of the story. Context is everything

Accel
Indeed, but tis board tends to believe he IS invincible, and that irks me.
Blasphemy!

2damnloud
I can't believe you'd need a scan of Superman catching bullets. Why even debate if you don't know the character?
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y186/zanpanzer/geekery/supermancatchingbullets2ww.jpg

Proof.

If limited cognitive abilities involves analyzing every detail to its fullest and not being biased towards my favorite characters, then I'll just go sit in the corner and cry on my pillow of objective observations.

What the gumble do you think you're talking about. Correlate this pile of nonsense to things I've actually said.

This is an ironic paragraph here, but I'll continue. Chris Claremont is obsolete. I could become a writer tomorrow and say anything Storm has done was a result of reading a Bazooka Joe comic and thinking she did it instead of the characters within the comic. Chris Claremont's words become void. The current writer holds the entire characters history in his or her pen and will always have that power over a previous writer. So you better get to work on brown nosing whoever's writing Storm at the moment or they won't be able to see you in the herds of other fanboys trying to play up their favorite character.

Ahem, you've. Debate isn't a one way street. For the rest, see above.

Feats don't work retroactively, Lewis, unless it's an actual retcon.

Who has two thumbs and never said Storm was limited to just weather manipulation? This guy!

In fact, I'm pretty sure I said the opposite, if you can wrap your head around that one.

Again, proof.

Who are you referencing in this one? Because that's kind of the basis of all your arguments isn't it? Crying about people bringing up Storm's every day feats and saying they don't count?

You

http://www.cucirca.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/lost-logo.jpg

Move on please.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>