Respect the god's of gaming

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darkhalen
Super Mario, Sonic, Megaman, Metriod, Zelda, Donkey kong, It is gone Like I said I only put Halo up because people would complain

Amoung many respect those who made games what they are today

ESB -1138
Halo? Halo didn't make what games are today. Marathon more than Halo, Golden Eye 007 more than Halo, Doom more than Halo, but Halo; no.

Venomous Yoshi
Yeah, Halo shouldn't be there.

Burning thought
none of em should, unless you mean the Kiddie cartoon gods of gaming, the name should be changed wink

Darkhalen
NO I Know but some people would complain in all honestly I find Halo over rated though I do like it

Darkhalen
Also I said Just a few there are two many to say

Darkhalen
Seriously only 6 games I consider great and gods

Mario, Sonic, Megaman are 3 of them

Burning thought
laughing laughing out loud rly?....rofl for Kidtendo probably

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Burning thought
none of em should, unless you mean the Kiddie cartoon gods of gaming, the name should be changed wink

Whoo; someone sees E and thinks it's just for kids. E is just what it stands for; everyone. Sorry some games don't try to sell by sex appeal and shooting someone head's off. Mario saved video games and set the standard for 2D and 3D games. Metroid shows what a sci-fi shooter should be. There really is no game series as well received and reviewed as the Zelda series. OoT received the first (and from what I've seen only) perfect score from Gamespot. The Zelda series is the only series to have more than one game to have a perfect score with Famstu (I think I spelt it wrong): OoT and Wind Waker. Heck Phantom Hourglass set the standard on the way games can be played on the DS.

Sonic was the first game character to be in the Thanksgiving Day Parade and Sonic 2 sold 400,000 copies in one day which in the early 90s was huge considering video games were not as popular as they are now. Heck the release date for Sonic 2 was named Sonic 2 day. Seriously these games changed the way video games are played.

Burning thought
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Whoo; someone sees E and thinks it's just for kids. E is just what it stands for; everyone. Sorry some games don't try to sell by sex appeal and shooting someone head's off. Mario saved video games and set the standard for 2D and 3D games. Metroid shows what a sci-fi shooter should be. There really is no game series as well received and reviewed as the Zelda series. OoT received the first (and from what I've seen only) perfect score from Gamespot. The Zelda series is the only series to have more than one game to have a perfect score with Famstu (I think I spelt it wrong): OoT and Wind Waker. Heck Phantom Hourglass set the standard on the way games can be played on the DS.

Sonic was the first game character to be in the Thanksgiving Day Parade and Sonic 2 sold 400,000 copies in one day which in the early 90s was huge considering video games were not as popular as they are now. Heck the release date for Sonic 2 was named Sonic 2 day. Seriously these games changed the way video games are played.

as i said for kidtendo probably, the rating isnt the problem, its the fact their designs are kiddyish, colourful little things and hedgehogs, chubby plumbers...fluffy bunnies...evil mushrooms....so personally for me, its meh..

altho ill give Zelda a bit, they seem a lot better

Darkhalen
E is for eveyone so every one can enjoy it you get more out of people besides just because it's E does not have to mean it can't cater for Adults too I used to be scared to death of Eggman and that was for children

Burning thought
Originally posted by Darkhalen
I used to be scared to death of Eggman and that was for children

lmao profiled

Darkhalen
Whatever

Eggman had a sinister laugh in Sonic CD and stuffed Animals in his Machines and he also had a sinister look and never died then after 2 years I found he was not scary at all instead he was a fat man

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Burning thought
as i said for kidtendo probably, the rating isnt the problem, its the fact their designs are kiddyish, colourful little things and hedgehogs, chubby plumbers...fluffy bunnies...evil mushrooms....so personally for me, its meh..

Oh sorry Myamoto isn't just throwing in women with large boobs and giving everyone guns to shoot the heads off people and chop them in half with swords, chainsaws, or just ripping their heads off.

Darkhalen
Sonic and Mario may be "kiddish" But they have become classics games you find entertainment games that are boring and one sided that and also they have no zest or unique aspects halo is not unique sonic and mario are all others copy them, I'm with ESB -1138, Myamoto knows how to create a universal character that can be feared but not offending

Hannibal-Lector
Id say Mario, Final Fantasy, Starcraft, Zelda, and perhaps Pokemon...

PiruBlood
mario

pacman

donkey kong

space invaders

are the true blue roots of video game's

Darkhalen
indeed I said just a few

Donkey kong
Pac Man
Asteriods
Pong
Wolfenstien
Doom
Sonic
Mario
Metroid
Space invaders
Contra
Megaman
Double Dragon
Streets of rage
Golden AXE
Centapide
Many more

Diamond Kisses
What an odd respect thread stick out tongue

shin_gear
Someone needs to check the rules on this sub-board.

Sol Valentine
This is against the rules.

Lana
Yes it is.

Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.