What Is Your Favorite Moment In Anime Or Manga Ever

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

M-DOGG@
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MOMENT IN ANIME OR MANGA EVER MOMENTS FROM VIDEO GAMES COUNT TOO TELL WHO WAS IN IT AND WHAT HAPPENED

Accel
Probably in DBZ, when Goku transformed into a super-saiyan for the first time to fight Frieza. That was easily the best moment in the series.

Second place would probably be from One Piece when Luffy defeats Rob Lucci with a major punch fest in order to save Robin.

Sol Valentine
The first episode of Elfen Lied.

ensatsu-ken
MAJOR SPOILER FOR "DEATH NOTE" BELOW!
My favorite moment out of any manga/anime so far, is when Light dies in the manga for Death Note. It was just so intense, and seeing as how I hated Light, and wanted him to die, it just made that moment all the better, lol laughing out loud .

Sol Valentine
Bankai Ichigo.
Naruto v.s. Sasuke

Black Adam
Originally posted by ensatsu-ken
MAJOR SPOILER FOR "DEATH NOTE" BELOW!
My favorite moment out of any manga/anime so far, is when Light dies in the manga for Death Note. It was just so intense, and seeing as how I hated Light, and wanted him to die, it just made that moment all the better, lol laughing out loud .

I liked it too..but for different reasons.
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/7638/swimlesson1fd9.th.jpg

Kento
This is a hard thing to decide. There are so many cool moments. Though the first one off the top of my head is Gaara vs Lee.

superkronick92
Any moment in Bleach when Urahara owns someone.

chickenlover98
any part where sailormoon gets owned. i hate that *****

judgement hand
Originally posted by Sol Valentine
The first episode of Elfen Lied.

THAT WAS SO FU.CKING BRUTAL!!!! laughing

but my favourite is, in gantz, when kurono and izumi kill the oni alien

Sol Valentine
It was so funny, I was cracking up like hell.

ensatsu-ken
Originally posted by judgement hand
THAT WAS SO FU.CKING BRUTAL!!!! laughing

but my favourite is, in gantz, when kurono and izumi kill the oni alien

I lilked the part in the manga where they killed that extremely spazzed out Thunder guy, even better laughing out loud . It was so cool to see that guy finally get shut up, and to be decapitated cool .

TricksterPriest
Jotaro Kujo vs. Dio Brando. Best fight ever. 313

Remindme
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z156/DiffidentAngel/Naruto_vs_Sasuke_by_martegodpopo.jpg

Hidden Lotus
there are many

Naruto Rasenganing the sh!t out of many people i.e. the dude with the thunder sword

When Hiei (sp?) in yu-yu hakusho used that black dragon thing (MAJOR! PWNAGE!)

the gotenks fuse

etc. etc

ensatsu-ken
Originally posted by Hidden Lotus
there are many

Naruto Rasenganing the sh!t out of many people i.e. the dude with the thunder sword

When Hiei (sp?) in yu-yu hakusho used that black dragon thing (MAJOR! PWNAGE!)

the gotenks fuse

etc. etc

Hiei used the Dragon of the Darkness Flame quite a few times throughout the course of the Yu Yu Hakusho series. Is there any specific one that you are referring to stick out tongue ?

Tallis
1. Yusuke vs. Toguro.
2. When Tyki Mikk "kills" Allen Walker in D.Gray-Man (He sticks his arm through his chest and make a killer butterfly eat a whole through his heart, and throws a deck of cards over his body)
3. Bankai Ichigo.

Linkinpark200
1.mine would when goku turned super saiyan

2.then when vegeta blew himslelf up

3.when gohan went ss2 for the 1st time

Witchblade
Boy i have so many, well i'll start off when Masane fought Shiori ownage! XD

Lord. Kadaj
I love when Ichigo fights Grimmjow, his Vizard form is so kick ass.
Also i loved when Cell fought Gohan.

panic469
i think it is wen ichigo learns to trust his sword so he can defeat kempatchi... its epic...

Korosan
Easily the final scene of Cowboy Bebop, when Spike owns the Red Dragon Clan and Vicious.

Dreampanther
In Hellsing, when Alucard releases all restraints to Level 1 because he thinks he is gonna fight a major bad-ass, somebody on his level, only to have the punk totally wimp out and start begging and running away when Alucard releases his 'inner demon'.

Neo Darkhalen
Freeza finally meets his end, during the Namek/Freeza saga, damn good stuff.

Striding Cloud
When Jubei fights Gemma! big grin Awesome!

M-DOGG@
1)when naruto first transforms into his one-tail state

2)ichigo fights kenpachi

3)when jiraiya goes into his toad sage form against pein

Allankles
The eclipse in Berserk, pure, raw intensity, plus tragic as well.

M-DOGG@
when pein kills jaraiya it the best fight in naruto ever

jimBOFH
1) When Vegeta uses Final Flash for the first time
2) After Vegeta has been possessed by Babidi, when he blows up part of the stadium at the Budokai, Goku says "How sad. I didn't think you were weak enough to be controlled. VEGETA! ANSWER ME! Do you let yourself be a slave?" and Vegeta says"Tell me...is it slavery when you get what you want?"
3) When Vegeta self destructs in an attempt to stop Buu.

Kento
Vegeta overpowering Babidi's control is always a cool scene.

AC/DC'S_LVR
when InuYasha used the Backalsh Wave to slice Ryukotsusei to pieces

Darth Exodus
Ichigo fighting his inner Hollow. The whole thing was epic.

Stealth
Two out of the many favorite moments in anime and manga of mine are...

When Renton goes to get Eureka back from the Scab Coral when she willingly fuses with it to save everyone. (Eureka Seven)

When Ryoma finally realizes how much fun tennis truly is and uses Teni Muho no Kiwami against Seiichi Yukimura. Prince of Tennis

Kirikaze Fuuma
1. when kenshiro killed so many random thugs and when he fight Raoh. (Hokuto no Ken)
2. and when Ryoma killed Kagerou by shutted Kagerou into the mirror and smashed him into pieces. (Fuma no Kojiro)
3. when Rin Tsuchimi trying to sacrifice himself for Shigure Asa in Shuffle!'s final episode

AC/DC'S_LVR
its a tie between Gundam Wing and Samurai Champloo

Eman5805
Manga: When Clare awakened her legs against Rigardo and wtfpwned the hell out of him. (Claymore)

Anime: Mugen and Jin getting dominated by Sara. (Samurai Champloo)

AC/DC'S_LVR
Originally posted by AC/DC'S_LVR
its a tie between Gundam Wing and Samurai Champloo
crap
disregard that i misread the thread title stick out tongue

Sado22
does hentai count? shifty

Kirikaze Fuuma
Originally posted by Sado22
does hentai count? shifty

of course not. you can put that into "which anime moment that makes your eyes bleed?" thread. mad

Sado22
anyway, favorite scene of all time:

-Eclipse from Berserk (the raw, unhindered intensity and trauma)
-Spike's death at the end of Cowboy Bebop. great ending to a great character.
-Brandon Heat's death at the hands of Harry. great usage of silence and cinematography.
-Alucard's last fight with Incognito and the (literal) asspwnage.
-Raoh's death, especially the gaiden version
-Toki's death for the sheer beauty and sadness (original hokuto no ken)
-Guts and Griffith meeting on the hill of swords

but my favorite scene of all time is the last 15 minutes of Ninja Scroll, from Kagero's death to Jubei's fight with Genma and the ending when he walks away. Simply epic!

~Sado
P.S. and Minase and Imari finally "doing it" in Bible black evil face

TheBadguy
Top favorite ever is in the dbz dub, Vegeta's Final Flash and Cell's reaction "OH SHIT".

Number two is from filler when they show how Vegeta became a ssj. One of the only shows I can think of where the filler actually makes the show better sometimes.

Third is Vegeta going Maijin Vegeta. Waited so long to see him evil again.

One of my favorites from YuYuHakusho is when they are at the tournament, I don't remember exactly what happened but Yusuke and Hiei get pissed and decide to almost just go and fvck up the whole audience. Not often in these shows where the hero is more than willing to do something like that.

I guess from Naruto would be the whole part where Naruto and Sasuke first fight on the rooftop. That smug little emo douche talked so big and got embarrassed. We finally got to see Naruto show how much he improved by beating on Saucegay.

From Bleach it would probably be when they are about to kill Rukia and Ichigo flies in, shit was badass.

Theres a lot more but posts in this thread made me remember these.

I don't know why this didn't show up the first time but from Gurren Lagann would be, the special appearance in ep 26, the giga drill in ep 25, Viral in ep 26, the ____ Overload in ep 27,etc

jimBOFH
I think the funimation dub has Cell saying "What's this?!"- you're right, it's fantastic. I just love the look on his face. In the anime at least you'll note that Vegeta's Final Flash, unlike most other attacks, just keeps on going into space without deteriorating- I'd lol if they cut back to it at intervals during the rest of DBZ to have it destroying a random planet XD.

TheBadguy
Yeah the dub on tv has him saying that but I saw a version on youtube with the "oh shit" line in it. Either way my favorite anime scene ever. and yeah most of them they just cut away from them but that one they actually showed go till it became a spec and exploded.

jimBOFH
Really? The anime ep that I saw it keeps on going and then does that stereotypical anime "fade out of sight" twinkle- you know, like Team Rocket did in Pokemon every episode when they got catapulted into the air by....whatever.
Also is that an English dub on youtube, or subtitled Japanese?

TheBadguy
Originally posted by jimBOFH
Really? The anime ep that I saw it keeps on going and then does that stereotypical anime "fade out of sight" twinkle- you know, like Team Rocket did in Pokemon every episode when they got catapulted into the air by....whatever.
Also is that an English dub on youtube, or subtitled Japanese?

It was english but now that I think about it I think the words 'oh shit' had been added into it. and I think we might be talking about the same thing on the fade out, I took the blinking and then the growing to signal its explosion.

jimBOFH
Hmm- maybe, it just reminded me so much of the Team Rocket fade out that I presumed it was a fade not an explosion. Could be either I guess.

chidori210
dunno realy but 1 of the is when goten and trunks do fusion and it goes wrong.

Geass
Vegeta blew himself up.
Gohan beat Cell.
When Rukia showed that kill thing in like the 2nd episode of Bleach.
And when Lelouch used Geass in the first episode of R2.
That's all I can think of right now.

I am who I am
When Goku quit against Cell. That moment was the best for so many reasons.

niduin
Originally posted by panic469
i think it is wen ichigo learns to trust his sword so he can defeat kempatchi... its epic... agree extremely epic, yeah for now i think that is my favorite moment

niduin
wait cancel that when the fourth hokage apeared in narutos consiousnes

Astner
When Hyoma tells Gennosuke to remove his blindfold and he replies by saying "No. I can see it. It truly is a radiating sun, right Hyoma?"

There were a lot of great messages in Great Teacher Onizuka, a lot of them forced a chill down my spine.

In the end of Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust when D states "She was afraid that no one would morn her death. I'm glad she was so wrong."

BruceSkywalker
When Goku first became a super-saiyan and then when he first transformed into SS3 Goku

Also when Sho Fukamachi first became The Guyver

psycho gundam
YK38WzlNvfk&feature

^way before it's time.

niduin
dude is that gundam? thats frikin awesome i have to watch it now

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by niduin
dude is that gundam? thats frikin awesome i have to watch it now
Dude, read the freakin title. Geez.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by psycho gundam
YK38WzlNvfk&feature

^way before it's time.

twas awesome indeed

niduin
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Dude, read the freakin title. Geez. LOL my bad, well now i know what to look up

niduin
i think i have to change mine to when in the kakashi gaiden manga where there was this guy like 30 yards away from the 4th and the fourth droped his backpack and was behind the guy with a kunai to his throat before the pack hit the ground, thats just awesome

psycho gundam
this one is also cool.

0EpTpuIGzUc

also can't forget this shit.

gzPZA6d-KrI

KingD19
I hated Evangelion ending, everyone got f'd up, it was just terrible.

psycho gundam
not for those who like when the hero(es) loses. smile

menokokoro
I've got to say, the scene where kuma made the entire straw hat crew vanish was really powerful. just showing how much luffy cares for his crew, it was possibly my favorite of any anime so far just for portraying that emotion so strongly

Nephthys
!Spoilers, don't read if you wanna watch Revolutionary Girl Utena (and you do!)!

The scene where Utena saves Anthy in the final episode of the series. The emotional build up is fantastic. The metaphor of what it takes to be a hero is brilliant and powerful and the way the scene is done is truely epic. The way Utena punches the ground, the way every step is an effort, the way she casually backhands Akio out of her way and then rips open the door with her Bare. ****ing. Hands and finally her legitimately noble sacrifice. The scene gave me so many emotions it's unbelievable. One of the few times in recent memory that I've cried.

Runners up:

Da Major's incredibly epic speech on exactly what War is good for, from Hellsing Ultimate.

Asuka's fight scene on the previous page. But in japanese cuz dubs suck.

Ichigo vs Kenpachi. Ichigo vs Byakuya. Yoruichi vs Soi-Fon.

Azula vs Zuko. Azula interupting Aangs Transformation sequence. Azula takes over Ba Sing Sa (you may be noticing a pattern here). Aang vs Ozai.

Maka Albarns Courage Punch! Plus the fight (particulaly Maka's voice actress. That scream was ****ing chilling!)

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/121/2/9/Soul_Eater__Courage_Punch_by_MakaxAlbarn.gif

Maka vs Chrona (anime). Black Star vs Mifune (manga). Tsubaki vs Um.. Her Brother (anime).

Naruto vs Gaara. Gaara vs Lee.

Too many One Piece ones. Can't think at the moment.

Will think of more.

FinalAnswer
Whenever Seras Victoria sticks out her tongue in the OVA

AsbestosFlaygon
I don't really have a favorite, per say.

I have a favorite moment in each anime rather.

This one is my favorite in Lucky Star:

InDK9qwVDhU

No End N Site
Originally posted by TheBadguy
Top favorite ever is in the dbz dub, Vegeta's Final Flash and Cell's reaction "OH SHIT".

Phuckin' hilarious.

Another favorite moment of mine is in Abenobashi Shopping Arcade where the kid in the show trains for the fighting tournament. The best montage EVER! And the tournament afterwards is just hilarious.

Nemesis X
22lysYGirlI

This scene downright screwed me up 'cause it's a crime killing off such an amazing character like Motoko Kusanagi but when I saw the episode after that, I was very happy to know she was still alive.

No End N Site
Originally posted by Nemesis X
22lysYGirlI

Ga'damn! WTF?!

menokokoro
0_0 I need to watch this show apparently

Nemesis X
oyOpxzeqlXQ

He's got my vote thumb up

Akainu
When Kyon almost smacks Haruhi.

chilled monkey
1) Sailor Moon ep. 110 when Haruka is looking at her hands and Michiru sits next to her and takes her hand.

"Haruka. It's alright. I like your hands."

2) Ep 106- Michiru transforms into Sailor Neptune and saves Haruka from a monster (at one point sending it flying with a casual backhand strike). After the monster is defeated Neptune tells Haruka how she wanted to drive across the beach with her and how she was happy when she found out Haruka is her partner. At which point Haruka accepts her Henshin pen and her destiny as Sailor Uranus.

3) Ep 107- Michiru teasing Haruka about the flowers a kid gave her. I love when Michiru laughs here and when Haruka says "I'm not jealous at all. It's just that I can't allow you to look at anyone else Michiru."

And Michiru replies "Haruka, that's called jealousy."

4) The fight with Chokkokar in the same episode, especially Neptune owning her with a "Deep Submerge."

Nemesis X
Favorite moment in Neon Genesis Evangelion: Shinji Ikarri and Asuka Langley beating the crap out of an Angel via dancing and making a fail after.

Watch at 1:40
O801pLj4gig

menokokoro
yeah, thats a pretty good one.

that show had such potentian...then the end had to screw it all up

RE: Blaxican
22lysYGirlI

This scene downright screwed me up 'cause it's a crime killing off such an amazing character like Motoko Kusanagi but when I saw the episode after that, I was very happy to know she was still alive. LOL.

She ****ing flopped off of those stairs.

King Kandy
Favorite moment in Neon Genesis Evangelion: Shinji Ikarri and Asuka Langley beating the crap out of an Angel via dancing and making a fail after.

Watch at 1:40
O801pLj4gig
That episode was one of the most lame, filler episodes in the series, and its your favorite?

Originally posted by menokokoro
yeah, thats a pretty good one.

that show had such potentian...then the end had to screw it all up
It had good potential... which it fulfilled. Its a classic. Though the "dance to win" episode is the one that should be forgotten, not the end.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by King Kandy
That episode was one of the most lame, filler episodes in the series, and its your favorite?

You've watched episode 24 and 25 and you're saying that was the worst episode? GTHO!

King Kandy
I think you mean 25 and 26. Episode 24 is one of the best episodes in the series. At any rate, at least the last two episodes had a point, this one did zero to advance the story.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by King Kandy
I think you mean 25 and 26. Episode 24 is one of the best episodes in the series.

At any rate, at least the last two episodes had a point, this one did zero to advance the story.

Guess I forgot about the total amount of episodes.

Anyways, the filler episode did hint of Shinji and Asuka's future relationship and it's more enjoyable watching giant robots dancing while fighting an extraterrestrial than watching an hour (ep. 25 and 26 are a half hour long each. do the math) of Shinji's emo-ness before a few seconds of everyone around him saying "congratulations" for him realizing some sort of nonsense we either didn't fully understand or just didn't give a crap about.

King Kandy
lol, maybe you didn't understand it, but that's your fault, not Anno's. How did this episode "hint" anything? It "hinted" that Asuka and Shinji would be a great, in sync couple, which its hard to imagine how that could possibly be more false since they have one of anime's most screwed up relationships. Evangelion only really started to get good after episode 15, though this was done on purpose; Anno tried to make the first bit very stereotypical, so that it would be more shocking when he subverted it later.

chilled monkey
Some other favourite moments:-

Sailor Moon Super S Special-

* Michiru subduing the mind-controlled maid that attacked her.

* Neptune saving Haruka.

* Neptune revealing that the puppet is the real enmey and the ventriloquist is just a pawn.

Tokyo Mew Mew ep 35-

* Zakuro cheering Momoka up when her parents don't show up for her birthday.

* Zakuro punching Kisshu in the face.

Ah! My Goddess (manga)

* Belldandy vs. Thrym.

menokokoro
another really good one K1WOWrNlXX8 just stop at about 1:05

Astner
When Onizuka reject's Noboru's money and Aizawa's credit card, just before he gets the raffle ticket.

That has to be the most emotional realistic and well constructed scen I've seen.

That goes both for the manga and the anime.

menokokoro
i really liked gto, is the manga any longer? should i read it?

Nemesis X
Ichigo throwing Rukia like she was a football.

I4vsknApW10

If there was NFL music playing, this scene would've been more win.

Astner
Originally posted by menokokoro
i really liked gto, is the manga any longer? should i read it?
The manga is half-way-through after the Okinawa arc (where the anime ends) and it's told and written a bit differently. But overall it goes more into character development.

But would I recommend it? Yes, considering that you liked the manga I think you'll enjoy it.

First chapter

Samurai100
The moment in Hellsing OVA when the Captain catches Walters wires

General_Iroh
There's a few moments that I really like
-Vegeta's sacrifice to kill Buu (DBZ)
-Code Geass ending (Code Geass)
-Naota becoming the pirate king (FLCL)
-Mustang vs. Envy (FMA:B)
-Tomoya hugging Ushio (Clannad: After Story)

Depending on my mood I suppose any of those could be my number one scene

Nephthys
mghOPE3_XTs&feature=related

Pretty much. Also, agreed with the Code Geass ending. That was pretty much the best ending I've ever seen to anything. Apart from Gurren Lagann's of course.

Mr. Rhythmic
There are a lot of DB/DBZ moments that fit this for me.

Some of my favorites:

5u74PWpeIkQ
wQeqa7GGdVo
pSb_FkL-We0&feature=related
ad6laBknKHA
73blDaGOabE
fbZzBO8kgtM

marwash22
-Goku going SS for the first time.
-Vegeta going SS for the first time.
-The helicopter scene in Death Note.
-Ichigo going H2 mode.
-Ichigo going Bankai the first time.
-Grimmjow releasing.
-Lee dropping his ankle weights in the Chuunin exams.
-Yusuke removing his cuffs in the DT.
-Vash using the angel arm.
-Chad using La Muerte for the first time.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
There are a lot of DB/DBZ moments that fit this for me.

Some of my favorites:

5u74PWpeIkQ
wQeqa7GGdVo
pSb_FkL-We0&feature=related
ad6laBknKHA
73blDaGOabE
fbZzBO8kgtM

Great list.

danteiscool
my favorite moments were:

Goku turning SS for first time.

Goku vs Vegeta (saiyan saga and Majin Buu saga ones).

Broly transforming and owning the Z fighters

Naruto using the kyuubi's chakra for the first time.

Naruto vs Sasuke

Ichigo using his bankai against Byakuya

and plenty of other moments.

Q99
The manwha (Korean Manga) PhD Phantasy Degree had some really awesome moments.

Several of the heroes went through training to make themselves ten times as powerful so they could match up against the villains, who were right outside the training fortress.

They step out to fight them, and.... freeze.

The mentor explains, "Before you were weak enough you couldn't fully sense the enemy's power. Now that you're far more powerful, you're strong enough to sense just how screwed you truly are."

General_Iroh
Originally posted by Nephthys
mghOPE3_XTs&feature=related

Pretty much. Also, agreed with the Code Geass ending. That was pretty much the best ending I've ever seen to anything. Apart from Gurren Lagann's of course.
True Gurren definitely slipped my mind, I still love the scene where Kamina comes to Simon in his dream sequence, definitely add that to my list of favorite scenes.
Row Row Fight the Powah!

Bentley
Mr. Satan asking for the energies for the final DB Genki Dama beats all other awesome moments on manga I've read.

Black bolt z
Every time Freiza talks.

Mr. Rhythmic
I couldn't find just the moment, but that scene in "World's Strongest" where Goku Kaiokens two Biowarriors and tears them apart easily after seeing his son and friend get tortured was amazing.

Bentley
You've watched episode 24 and 25 and you're saying that was the worst episode? GTHO!

Even I know episode 24 rocks and I think Evangelion sucks *ss no expression

En Sabah Nur X
episode thirteen of angel beats!, particularly the final revelation and graduation.

chilled monkey
Ah! My Goddess

* Belldandy purifying the demon angel (Ah! My Goddess)

* Saving Keiichi from the Earth spirit.

* Using her singing to block Ebony Alvar's ultrasonic powers and also thinking ahead by creating a barrier to make the sound waves echo (manga).

* Protecting Ebony from Gluhendes Herz (manga).

Yu-Gi-Oh GX

* Fonda Fontaine defeating a Duel Ghoul.

Shinzo

* Yakumo tending to a hurt Kutal.

Zack Fair
Not my favorite but definitely one of the most epic moments in recent anime I've watched

rXwSUTX9kbU

Samurai100
The Code Geass ending

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Not my favorite but definitely one of the most epic moments in recent anime I've watched

rXwSUTX9kbU is that a re-animated version of the first series?

psycho gundam
rIRHLfjILAE&feature

Nemesis X
This was...interesting.

EijrXY35rhE

chilled monkey
One of my favourite manga moments was in Kyo Kara Ore Wa when Kyoko stood up to a gang of Yankee girls to help her friend.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.