Ganon v.s. Dante

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sol Valentine
Who wins?

Remindme
Ganon in a curb

Violent2Dope
Strength: Dante has nothing on Ganon's raw strength.

Speed: Dante, easily.

Durability: Ganon, even if you take away his invulnerability, or maybe slightly Dante due to healing factor.

Power: Ganon by far, the guy is like one of the greatest magicians in gaming history, and has many feats to back that up.

Versatility: Maybe even.

Swordskill: ROFL Ganon. Come one dude.

Reach: Ganon.

Range: Meh, Dante, not by a whole lot tho, mostly just cause he has guns.

Experience: Ganon is far older, and has seen much more.

I am not a Dante expert, but that is my take. Also, I swear to God if anyone comes in here claiming Dante fights Multiverse destroying entities just cause he did in Nocturne, I will f*ckin FREAK OUT! The game was noncanon, deal with it.

shin_gear
Dante, wtf..

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by shin_gear
Dante, wtf.. Prove. It.

Remindme
Ganon crubs Dante, this isn't even close IMO.

Ganon flies up and nukes the shit out of Dante, game over

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Remindme
Ganon crubs Dante, this isn't even close IMO.

Ganon flies up and nukes the shit out of Dante, game over Ganon can nuke now? confused

Remindme
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Ganon can nuke now? confused

Sorry ^^' a term i picked up recently, Nuking means, magically blasting the crap out of someone relentlessly

Violent2Dope
Sorry ^^' a term i picked up recently, Nuking means, magically blasting the crap out of someone relentlessly Oh. I don't know, Dante is pretty agile and fast.

Remindme
Lock on fireballs?

Violent2Dope
Lock on fireballs? Too slow. If Ganon went high enough he could possible do it, but remember, Dante can freeze time.

Remindme
Oh, time manipulation is allowed? then Dante wins, Time manip is cheap

Violent2Dope
Oh, time manipulation is allowed? then Dante wins, Time manip is cheap No. Ganon is still invulnerable in this match. big grin

Remindme
No. Ganon is still invulnerable in this match. big grin

And Dante Regenerates like a biotch

Violent2Dope
And Dante Regenerates like a biotch Ganon is physically strong wnough to manhandle Dante. He also has mass scale magic, like the one he used to bust the castle while near death.

Remindme
This thread is pointless.....

Violent2Dope
This thread is pointless..... Perty much. If Ganon is invulnerable, he wins, if Dante can manip time against vulnerable Ganon, he wins.

Sol Valentine
No immortality/invunerability.

Violent2Dope
Then Dante still has time manip.

Remindme
With Time Manip Dante Curbs

Without it Ganon Curbs

Violent2Dope
I don't know if Ganon will CURB Dante lol.

Charlotte DeBel
Nocturne is sort of fanfiction, thus non-canon to DMC storyline despite featuring Dante from DMC2 powersetwise. Thus, we can't compare that "fanfiction multiverce" to DMC directily if not in terms of pure powerset.
Thus, Despair Embodied (said to be an abstract embodiment of despair; funny thing about beating it is that in gameplay it's faster than even DTed/SuperSparda DTed Dante, but in winning cutscene Dante basically speedblitzes it via combat teleportation) and Mundus are still on top of Dante's canon rogue gallery.

But that doesn't matter. If time manipulation is allowed and no immortality plot devise for Ganon, Ganon gets killed. But anyways, it's not an easy victory for Ganon.
If Sparda\SuperSparda form and time manipulation is allowed for Dante, though, Ganon gets slayed mercilessly.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
Nocturne is sort of fanfiction, thus non-canon to DMC storyline despite featuring Dante from DMC2 powersetwise. Thus, we can't compare that "fanfiction multiverce" to DMC directily if not in terms of pure powerset.
Thus, Despair Embodied (said to be an abstract embodiment of despair; funny thing about beating it is that in gameplay it's faster than even DTed/SuperSparda DTed Dante, but in winning cutscene Dante basically speedblitzes it via combat teleportation) and Mundus are still on top of Dante's canon rogue gallery.

But that doesn't matter. If time manipulation is allowed and no immortality plot devise for Ganon, Ganon gets killed. But anyways, it's not an easy victory for Ganon.
If Sparda\SuperSparda form and time manipulation is allowed for Dante, though, Ganon gets slayed mercilessly. Ganon if he gets invulnerability, will kill Dante. If Dante has time manip, he wins. It would be better if Sol were to remove Dante's time manip along with Ganon's invulnerability.

Burning thought
time manip is limited for dante, but he would kill Ganon if ganons invuleraility is gone, i agree with V2D

Violent2Dope
No, I mean that with time manip, he would kill a vulnerable Ganon, take it away and we have sumthin to debate.

Sol Valentine
No time manip.

Burning thought
Ganon beats the young lad into a mushy pulp

shin_gear
Ganon (Gay) loses badly.

fascistcrusader
Dante has it in the bag. He's basically invincible, far faster than Ganon, has show more impressive feats, etc.

The Cap'n
Dante, 'cause if Link can beat Ganon, I'm sure a man who's basically the son of a nigh-omnipotent being could kick this pig's ass.

Remindme
Being beaten by a Kid still looks better than being beaten by a psychizophrenic retard clown XD

Superboy Prime
I dunno, but I think Dante is a better swordsman than Ganon.

Don't kill me V2D.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
I dunno, but I think Dante is a better swordsman than Ganon.

Don't kill me V2D. BULL. SHIT. Ganon has been alive for thousands of years, and when he was reincarnated as Ganondorf in OoT timeline, even from a young age he was a master swordsman. In swordfights with Link in-game, this is shown, under normal swordplay, Link cannot get a single hit in unless he uses the unorthodox, and Link is no slouch in swordplay himself. Also, GanonDORF as I have stressed in other threads has NEVER been defeated by Link, and by never defeated, I mean he always had outside help, whether it be from Zelda, Midna, or the Sages. He has never simply beat Ganon without some gayness PIS bullshit. Also, Sparda is NOWHERE near omnipotent, don't make me laugh. Hell, Ganon is closer to a god than Dante, displaying powers like creationism and shit.

fascistcrusader
Have you seen Dante in action? He's a master swordsman, his brother vergil and he can stop bullets and line them up on the ground with his sword, then hit them back with as much force as firing them from a gun. Power like that unrivaled by Ganon.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by fascistcrusader
Have you seen Dante in action? He's a master swordsman, his brother vergil and he can stop bullets and line them up on the ground with his sword, then hit them back with as much force as firing them from a gun. Power like that unrivaled by Ganon. That is speed. Ganon while near death collapsed his castle and lived.

Remindme
Have you seen Dante in action? He's a master swordsman, his brother vergil and he can stop bullets and line them up on the ground with his sword, then hit them back with as much force as firing them from a gun. Power like that unrivaled by Ganon.

1. Vergil is way better swordsman than Dante, proven

2. Dante is not a master swordsman, heck i would barely give Vergil that title.

Violent2Dope
1. Vergil is way better swordsman than Dante, proven

2. Dante is not a master swordsman, heck i would barely give Vergil that title. Exactly, that is speed.

Remindme
Actually, isn't Link supposed to be a master swordsman?

Violent2Dope
Actually, isn't Link supposed to be a master swordsman? Yepperz, and Ganon is far better.

Remindme
Yepperz, and Ganon is far better.

So, a Master swordsman with the most powerful blade in it's game, can only beat Ganondorf with help & PIS....V2D, remindme why Ganon doesn't curb Dante...

Violent2Dope
So, a Master swordsman with the most powerful blade in it's game, can only beat Ganondorf with help & PIS....V2D, remindme why Ganon doesn't curb Dante... Well, I don't wanna say he does mostly cuz I do lack knowledge on Dante.

Remindme
Well, I don't wanna say he does mostly cuz I do lack knowledge on Dante.

Meh i base an opinion on the evidence presented then alter it as new evidence comes into light.

The current evidence suggests a curb IMO

Violent2Dope
Meh...

fascistcrusader
Speed my ass. A feat like that is extreme skill with a sword, you could have all the seed in the world but if you're unskilled there's no way in hell you're going to pull that off.

And Dante is basically invincible. While Ganon needs the triforce for his durability, Dante has swords go completely through his chest and gets up like nothing happened, and this is just wih his power.

Remindme
Speed my ass. A feat like that is extreme skill with a sword, you could have all the seed in the world but if you're unskilled there's no way in hell you're going to pull that off.

And Dante is basically invincible. While Ganon needs the triforce for his durability, Dante has swords go completely through his chest and gets up like nothing happened, and this is just wih his power.

Sonic has all the speed in the world, you saying he can stop 4 bullets?

Like me finish that for you:
While Ganon needs the triforce for his durability, Dante needs his demon heritage.

Even then, Ganon has shown more durability than Dante

fascistcrusader
No, did you even read what I wrote? I said stopping and lining up bullets in a row with your sword is entirely skill with a blade, it isn't something you can do with just speed as v2d suggested.

His demon heritage is a part of him. Dante was born with his power, it is in him naturally. Ganon needs an external source for it. This means that Dante needs no help to be that strong, while Ganon needs an external power source.

Not really.

Remindme
No, did you even read what I wrote? I said stopping and lining up bullets in a row with your sword is entirely skill with a blade, it isn't something you can do with just speed as v2d suggested.
Vergil did that, not Dante, and Vergil is far more skilled with a blade than Dante.

Dante could not do that, it took all his might to block them, Vergil blocked them casually

His demon heritage is a part of him. Dante was born with his power, it is in him naturally. Ganon needs an external source for it. This means that Dante needs no help to be that strong, while Ganon needs an external power source.

The triforce becomes a part of Ganon, I'm not 100% but i believe in Twilight Princess he always had it.

Also, i do not know what this proves, doesn't change the fact Ganon is going to stomp on Dante

Not really. Yes, Really

Violent2Dope

And Dante is basically invincible. While Ganon needs the triforce for his durability, Dante has swords go completely through his chest and gets up like nothing happened, and this is just wih his power. No, he is very fast, so those bullets seem to go far slower to him, this is a simple concept. Give me the Speedforce and a sword, I could do it.

Ganon even without the ToP could take several Light Arrows to his body in WW, compared to the normal one hit kill it does to almost anything else.

fascistcrusader
It didn't take all of Dante's strength, there is nothing to suggest Dante couldn't do it as well, especiall considering Dante has beaten Vergil.

This isn't hard to understand. Link beats Ganon, Dante is far greater in power, speed and swordsmanship than Link. Ganon could not curb stomp Dante.

Nope. See above.

No you couldn't. If three objects were travelling at you at 5 miles an hour around chest height, you would not be able to line them up on the ground using one smooth motion of your sword.

And dante has lengendary, extremely powerful swords go completely through his chest and is 100% fine, that is far more impressive.

IceJaw
No, he is very fast, so those bullets seem to go far slower to him, this is a simple concept. Give me the Speedforce and a sword, I could do it.

Ganon even without the ToP could take several Light Arrows to his body in WW, compared to the normal one hit kill it does to almost anything else. GanonDORF, that is. And he didn't have his ToP then? How come Link was in possession of his?

Oh yeah, removing Dante's demon heritage would be like removing Spierman's spidey powers and not to mention, it's in his friggin' DNA, he was born that way.

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by IceJaw
GanonDORF, that is. And he didn't have his ToP then? How come Link was in possession of his?

Oh yeah, removing Dante's demon heritage would be like removing Spierman's spidey powers and not to mention, it's in his friggin' DNA, he was born that way.

100% agree.

Remindme

I don't recall saying to remove it, merely pointing out that is why Dante has super natural abilities.

Ganon has super natural abilites way before he can into possession of the power part of the triforce

Charlotte DeBel
I don't recall saying to remove it, merely pointing out that is why Dante has super natural abilities.

Ganon has super natural abilites way before he can into possession of the power part of the triforce

Dante's demonic abilities- inborn, amplified by external sourses (Devil Arms).
Ganon's supernatural abilities- learned and gained from external sourses for most part.

And as for deflecting bullets with sword...Vergil caught and lined up them on the blade of his katana in one motion- the last part is surely a display of skill, whether Dante, who's less skilled with just sword than his bro (due to be an expert in wide array of weapons and not just an expert in swords), merely deflects bullets and cuts them in midair (which are good combat and reaction speed feats) which takes far less skill than Vergil's sending bullets just back- Dante isn't THAT precise with his sword. Though he's a godd swordsman without any doubt.

Violent2Dope
GanonDORF, that is. And he didn't have his ToP then? How come Link was in possession of his?

Oh yeah, removing Dante's demon heritage would be like removing Spierman's spidey powers and not to mention, it's in his friggin' DNA, he was born that way. He didn't have it in WW when he fought Link cause King Hyrule made a wish upon the full pieces and they disappeared.

IceJaw
Yet Link was still able to use the Master Sword at it's full potential and didn't that require, say, a Triforce? But is that really relevant? No, 'cause that was Ganondorf.Originally posted by Remindme

Never said you did, but discussing about it is completely pointless.
Dante's demonic abilities- inborn, amplified by external sourses (Devil Arms).
Ganon's supernatural abilities- learned and gained from external sourses for most part.

And as for deflecting bullets with sword...Vergil caught and lined up them on the blade of his katana in one motion- the last part is surely a display of skill, whether Dante, who's less skilled with just sword than his bro (due to be an expert in wide array of weapons and not just an expert in swords), merely deflects bullets and cuts them in midair (which are good combat and reaction speed feats) which takes far less skill than Vergil's sending bullets just back- Dante isn't THAT precise with his sword. Though he's a godd swordsman without any doubt.
Not to mention a Katana is a whole lot lighter and that was when he was young, in DMC1 they fight eachother with the same type of weapon (excluding the guns), heavy swords and Dante bested him. Again.

Violent2Dope
Yet Link was still able to use the Master Sword at it's full potential, but is that really relevant? No, 'cause that was Ganondorf.. What?

IceJaw
Hey, I'm still editing.

Violent2Dope
I'm talking about the top point, wtf are you talking about?

IceJaw
I'm talking about the top point, wtf are you talking about?
Could you possibly be less specific? What's so hard to understand? That GanonDORF's full piece "disappeared" and Link and Zelda kept theirs and that I think that doesn't make much sense or that it's irrelevant?

Violent2Dope
Could you possibly be less specific? What's so hard to understand? That GanonDORF's full piece "disappeared" and Link and Zelda kept theirs and that I think that doesn't make much sense or that it's irrelevant? Oh I see. Not, using the Master Sword's full power does not require a Triforce Piece, they all lost their pieces, which only hindered Ganon, as he was the only one who knew how to use it.

IceJaw
Then what was the whole point in sailing all over the map for Triforce shards then? 'Cause it wasn't required?

Violent2Dope
Then what was the whole point in sailing all over the map for Triforce shards then? 'Cause it wasn't required? He needed it to get to Hyrule one last time to fight Ganon.

IceJaw
'Cause without it he wouldn't be able to get past the barrier around Hyrule Castle.

But how about we get back to the question at hand; Dante vs Ganon, who'd win?

Burning thought
Dante, without Time manip and Ganons invulerability the fight is still going to be a little one sided in Dante's favour, hes faser, strength i dont know about, ganons a bit of a strong dude but Dante has speed, does he have sparda form? in which case hes even more quick and has beams of death to shoot while in flight

Superboy Prime
BULL. SHIT. Ganon has been alive for thousands of years, and when he was reincarnated as Ganondorf in OoT timeline, even from a young age he was a master swordsman. In swordfights with Link in-game, this is shown, under normal swordplay, Link cannot get a single hit in unless he uses the unorthodox, and Link is no slouch in swordplay himself. Also, GanonDORF as I have stressed in other threads has NEVER been defeated by Link, and by never defeated, I mean he always had outside help, whether it be from Zelda, Midna, or the Sages. He has never simply beat Ganon without some gayness PIS bullshit. Also, Sparda is NOWHERE near omnipotent, don't make me laugh. Hell, Ganon is closer to a god than Dante, displaying powers like creationism and shit.

Don't see anything in that post convincing me that Ganon is superior in sword skills than Dante. You simply mentioned Ganon's in-game sword stunts, which don't mean much to me since the guy is the last boss and he is meant to be hard. Besides with Dante's insane speed it won't take much for Dante to improvise and use an unorthodox style to take him down. Heck Dante himself is unorthodox. But anyways, quite frankly I don't give a damn about either of them, so I'll just let those who know debate it.

Charlotte DeBel
Ganon might be superior in lifting strength, but taking into account Dante's speed, Dante's force of hits is definetely going to be superior to Ganon's.
If Ganon isn't invulnerable, even without time manipulation Ganon gets f*cked up- probably even speedblitzed. Or gets an "instant kill" blast of demonic energy straight to his head (it's if Sparda form is allowed).

Dante isn't close to God, and he won't be (and so is his father, who was just a warlord of hell armies, though the strongest mystical warrior), calling him or his dad "omnipotent beings" is stuipid and fanboyish, but just because he doesn't adept at practical sorcery and don't have any spell casting practice, doesn't mean that he's inferior to Ganon. They are just different- Ganon is strong mage&spellcaster, Dante is strong mystical warrior.
If it were RPG, they would be in different classes.

Violent2Dope
Ganon might be superior in lifting strength, but taking into account Dante's speed, Dante's force of hits is definetely going to be superior to Ganon's.
If Ganon isn't invulnerable, even without time manipulation Ganon gets f*cked up- probably even speedblitzed. Or gets an "instant kill" blast of demonic energy straight to his head (it's if Sparda form is allowed).

Dante isn't close to God, and he won't be (and so is his father, who was just a warlord of hell armies, though the strongest mystical warrior), calling him or his dad "omnipotent beings" is stuipid and fanboyish, but just because he doesn't adept at practical sorcery and don't have any spell casting practice, doesn't mean that he's inferior to Ganon. They are just different- Ganon is strong mage&spellcaster, Dante is strong mystical warrior.
If it were RPG, they would be in different classes. Ganon wields a much bigger weapon(bout 6-8 feet) and sends grown men flying with it. Dante is far faster, but Ganon has three things that f*ck his speed up, teleportation, intangibility(Which is instant), and flight. Not to mention, for his massive size, Ganon is fast, tho still not as fast as Dante. Ganon's superior strength also makes close range risky for Dante, if Ganon gets the chance, whether it is thru blocking an attack, or avoiding a blow by dodging, tele, or intangibility, he could grab Dante by the skull. Let me ask you, has Dante ever regenerated his head? As for the instant kill blast, what makes you think it won't be avoided? Also, Ganon has massive damage soak, which is not part of his invulnerability, he can take multiple attacks to his body, and still fight on, as shown in TP by the long series of fights he did, and also shows his stamina. Also, Ganon is not just a powerful spellcaster, he is a powerful swordsman, warrior, and is very intelligent as well(MUCH smarter than Dante).

lightness
you talk like ganon's the only one who can weild a big weapon, send things flying(including demons bigger than humans), teleport, and fly.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by lightness
you talk like ganon's the only one who can weild a big weapon, send things flying(including demons bigger than humans), teleport, and fly. Did I now? How's about instead of whining, DEBATE?

Remindme
Did I now? How's about instead of whining, DEBATE?

No, debating meets using intellect...who the hell you think i am, someone not-lazy?

IceJaw
Ganon wields a much bigger weapon(bout 6-8 feet) and sends grown men flying with it. Dante is far faster, but Ganon has three things that f*ck his speed up, teleportation, intangibility(Which is instant), and flight. Not to mention, for his massive size, Ganon is fast, tho still not as fast as Dante. Ganon's superior strength also makes close range risky for Dante, if Ganon gets the chance, whether it is thru blocking an attack, or avoiding a blow by dodging, tele, or intangibility, he could grab Dante by the skull. Let me ask you, has Dante ever regenerated his head? As for the instant kill blast, what makes you think it won't be avoided? Also, Ganon has massive damage soak, which is not part of his invulnerability, he can take multiple attacks to his body, and still fight on, as shown in TP by the long series of fights he did, and also shows his stamina. Also, Ganon is not just a powerful spellcaster, he is a powerful swordsman, warrior, and is very intelligent as well(MUCH smarter than Dante). Let me tell you why that instant kill blast can't be avoided... wait a minute, has Ganon EVER evaded an attack?
I don't remember ever seeing GANON flying, now you're talking about The Dorf, Ganon does not = Ganondorf abilitywise. But a ability that Ganon did have was teleportation - in Twilight Princess and a Link to the past only. In Twilight Princess he got bested by a mere wolf and a darkling with an heck of an 'arm' and in A Link To The Past he got beaten by a boy... just what the **** makes you think Dante wouldn't be able to do the same if we excluded Ganon's 'invulnerability'.

Oh yeah, the Ganon in OoT was basicaly a brute 100% swordsman with a very few spells and no teleportation, the one in TP was just a big ass pig running around and teleporting all over the place and the in LttP was a 100% spellcaster/mage with teleportation. Clearly Ganon can't mix classes very well, so which bloody Ganon are you talking about? A mixture that doesn't exist?

Oh yeah about the "smarter" thing; Can a high IQ stop a shotgun blast to the head? Answer: Negative.

Charlotte DeBel
Ganon wields a much bigger weapon(bout 6-8 feet) and sends grown men flying with it. Dante is far faster, but Ganon has three things that f*ck his speed up, teleportation, intangibility(Which is instant), and flight. Not to mention, for his massive size, Ganon is fast, tho still not as fast as Dante. Ganon's superior strength also makes close range risky for Dante, if Ganon gets the chance, whether it is thru blocking an attack, or avoiding a blow by dodging, tele, or intangibility, he could grab Dante by the skull. Let me ask you, has Dante ever regenerated his head? As for the instant kill blast, what makes you think it won't be avoided? Also, Ganon has massive damage soak, which is not part of his invulnerability, he can take multiple attacks to his body, and still fight on, as shown in TP by the long series of fights he did, and also shows his stamina. Also, Ganon is not just a powerful spellcaster, he is a powerful swordsman, warrior, and is very intelligent as well(MUCH smarter than Dante).

AFAIK he never regenerated from decapitation, though he took headshots easily. And broken scull doesn't equal decapitation.
Even quite crappy anime version of Dante was able to take blows from demons much more stronger than him (in terms of lifting strength Dante's nothing notable, but it doesn't count in actual combat, whether the force of hits does). Hell, watch his fight with Beowulf. Dante got punched into STONE floor by superstrong demon and was fine in a couple of seconds.
Also in Super Sparda form there's not just mere blasts and energy swords from hands (and I doubt Ganon would keep range advantage against like 8-10 feet tall winged demon), but also an aura attack, which is hard to avoid.

And as for intellect...Dante might not be genius(aside from his uncanny ability to improvise in fighting, living up to the principle "anything can be a weapon in hands of true warrior" and being really creative and unorthodox fighter), but Arius and Arkham were adept mystical scholars with high IQ and were beaten by guy who hasn't proven himself to be prodigial in anything except combat.

Combat teleportation? Nothing new to Dante, he even has that ability on his own to the some extent.
Intangibility? Dante killed intangible creatures (ghosts) and did that not only with his Devil Arms but with his firearms also.

Creshosk
Then what was the whole point in sailing all over the map for Triforce shards then? 'Cause it wasn't required? No, in LttP Link never got ahold of the triforce an used the sword to its full potential.

Oh yeah about the "smarter" thing; Can a high IQ stop a shotgun blast to the head? Answer: Negative. Yes, A higher IQ is simply a greater abilty to comprehend things. In which case it might allow you to get insight into the person with the shotgun and talk them out of shooting you.

Violent2Dope
Let me tell you why that instant kill blast can't be avoided... wait a minute, has Ganon EVER evaded an attack?
I don't remember ever seeing GANON flying, now you're talking about The Dorf, Ganon does not = Ganondorf abilitywise. But a ability that Ganon did have was teleportation - in Twilight Princess and a Link to the past only. In Twilight Princess he got bested by a mere wolf and a darkling with an heck of an 'arm' and in A Link To The Past he got beaten by a boy... just what the **** makes you think Dante wouldn't be able to do the same if we excluded Ganon's 'invulnerability'.

Oh yeah, the Ganon in OoT was basicaly a brute 100% swordsman with a very few spells and no teleportation, the one in TP was just a big ass pig running around and teleporting all over the place and the in LttP was a 100% spellcaster/mage with teleportation. Clearly Ganon can't mix classes very well, so which bloody Ganon are you talking about? A mixture that doesn't exist?

Oh yeah about the "smarter" thing; Can a high IQ stop a shotgun blast to the head? Answer: Negative. 1. Yeah, play TP or WW, in the swordfights he's pretty good at dodging.

2. Ganon and Ganondorf are the same entity, the names can be used interchangably. Ganon is just less to type.

3. Ganon has had tele in all the classic games and TP. Oh, and btw, that's A>B>C logic, and you phail for it. Oh, and in TP Midna had all the Fused Shadows to help Link, do i REALLY need to list what Ganon went thru in those back-to-back fights again? LttP was Classic Ganon, who is weaker going by powers and feats.

4. Ganon in OoT was a big slow ass beast with really big swords. TP was a big Boar who teled and trampled people. Classic has the widest range of abilities. Also, most of Ganon's powers are in his base form, it is also his most powerful IMO.

5. It lets him use his brain to take the best of the situation, you are assuming Ganon is going to stand there and take it, oh and btw, Ganon could take a shotgun to the head.

Superboy Prime
LoL.

shin_gear
the one in TP was just a big ass pig running around and teleporting all over the place and the in LttP was a 100% spellcaster/mage with teleportation.lmao.

Violent2Dope
AFAIK he never regenerated from decapitation, though he took headshots easily. And broken scull doesn't equal decapitation.
Even quite crappy anime version of Dante was able to take blows from demons much more stronger than him (in terms of lifting strength Dante's nothing notable, but it doesn't count in actual combat, whether the force of hits does). Hell, watch his fight with Beowulf. Dante got punched into STONE floor by superstrong demon and was fine in a couple of seconds.
Also in Super Sparda form there's not just mere blasts and energy swords from hands (and I doubt Ganon would keep range advantage against like 8-10 feet tall winged demon), but also an aura attack, which is hard to avoid.

And as for intellect...Dante might not be genius(aside from his uncanny ability to improvise in fighting, living up to the principle "anything can be a weapon in hands of true warrior" and being really creative and unorthodox fighter), but Arius and Arkham were adept mystical scholars with high IQ and were beaten by guy who hasn't proven himself to be prodigial in anything except combat.

Combat teleportation? Nothing new to Dante, he even has that ability on his own to the some extent.
Intangibility? Dante killed intangible creatures (ghosts) and did that not only with his Devil Arms but with his firearms also. 1. No, I mean he caves his skull in, crushing his brain. smile

2. Kay. And? Ganon isn't just some random big demon.

3. Ganon himself is at least 9' tall. He has a big ass sword as well. As for an aura attack, Ganon could logically use the power he used in OoT to destroy his castle, it took time to destroy the whole building, but the large room was also destroyed. Also, intangibility.

4. Kay. And? That's like saying "Since Superman could beat Reed Richards who's really smart, he can also beat Galactus who is really smart".

5. Kay. Ganon still has it.

6. Then they aren't intangible are they?

IceJaw
1. Yeah, play TP or WW, in the swordfights he's pretty good at dodging.

2. Ganon and Ganondorf are the same entity, the names can be used interchangably. Ganon is just less to type.

3. Ganon has had tele in all the classic games and TP. Oh, and btw, that's A>B>C logic, and you phail for it. Oh, and in TP Midna had all the Fused Shadows to help Link, do i REALLY need to list what Ganon went thru in those back-to-back fights again? LttP was Classic Ganon, who is weaker going by powers and feats.

4. Ganon in OoT was a big slow ass beast with really big swords. TP was a big Boar who teled and trampled people. Classic has the widest range of abilities. Also, most of Ganon's powers are in his base form, it is also his most powerful IMO.

5. It lets him use his brain to take the best of the situation, you are assuming Ganon is going to stand there and take it, oh and btw, Ganon could take a shotgun to the head. 1-2. Would you kindly stop confusing Ganon with Ganondorf? And what do you think the thread titles implies? Maybe that it's Ganon only and no Ganondorf? And by that logic we should include the whole Smith family in future " Smith vs someone" threads. Wait, you haven't played Killer 7, have you? You could simply have answered my question with; "no, never as Ganon".

3. You'd know that it fails since you've played the DMC games, right? barkerthumbsupdur

4. You just repeated what I said, why? Also, "base form" is a pretty blunt way of putting it. Do you mean base form as in Classic Ganon? And I don't think I can even take that as a definite answer to my question.

5. Are you saying his high IQ gives him swift enough reflexes to evade barrages of projectiles from weapons of all sorts? Hope not.
Originally posted by Creshosk
No, in LttP Link never got ahold of the triforce an used the sword to its full potential.

Yes, A higher IQ is simply a greater abilty to comprehend things. In which case it might allow you to get insight into the person with the shotgun and talk them out of shooting you. Errr the one in WW lost its power so Link had to find the Triforce to fully restore it and he DID find the Triforce.
I doubt Ganon would be able to debate whether Dante should shoot him or not in possibly less than a second and why would he actually listen?
1. No, I mean he caves his skull in, crushing his brain. smile

2. Kay. And? Ganon isn't just some random big demon.

3. Ganon himself is at least 9' tall. He has a big ass sword as well. As for an aura attack, Ganon could logically use the power he used in OoT to destroy his castle, it took time to destroy the whole building, but the large room was also destroyed. Also, intangibility.

4. Kay. And? That's like saying "Since Superman could beat Reed Richards who's really smart, he can also beat Galactus who is really smart".

5. Kay. Ganon still has it.

6. Then they aren't intangible are they?
1. Assuming it'd come to that he could simply take demon form which releases a offensive barrier or he could use the Cerberus ice barrier which is pretty much unbreakable or take Sparda form and summon a napalmic dragon right in front of Ganon.

2. Beowulf does not equal random stupid ass demon, if that's what you're saying and how is Ganon's height relevant? Beowulf's taller than that. hanone

3-5. You seem to like to repeat yourself, maybe I should too, napalmic dragon.

ESB -1138
LttP was Classic Ganon, who is weaker going by powers and feats.

Going by feats in LttP was the only time Ganon conquered the Sacred Realm. You really have no proof to suggest that Ganon in NES or LttP was any weaker then Ganon in OoT or TP.

Violent2Dope
1-2. Would you kindly stop confusing Ganon with Ganondorf? And what do you think the thread titles implies? Maybe that it's Ganon only and no Ganondorf? And by that logic we should include the whole Smith family in future " Smith vs someone" threads. Wait, you haven't played Killer 7, have you? You could simply have answered my question with; "no, never as Ganon".

3. You'd know that it fails since you've played the DMC games, right? barkerthumbsupdur

4. You just repeated what I said, why? Also, "base form" is a pretty blunt way of putting it. Do you mean base form as in Classic Ganon? And I don't think I can even take that as a definite answer to my question.

5. Are you saying his high IQ gives him swift enough reflexes to evade barrages of projectiles from weapons of all sorts? Hope not.

Errr the one in WW lost its power so Link had to find the Triforce to fully restore it and he DID find the Triforce.

1. Assuming it'd come to that he could simply take demon form which releases a offensive barrier or he could use the Cerberus ice barrier which is pretty much unbreakable or take Sparda form and summon a napalmic dragon right in front of Ganon.

2. Beowulf does not equal random stupid ass demon, if that's what you're saying and how is Ganon's height relevant? Beowulf's taller than that. hanone

3-5. You seem to like to repeat yourself, maybe I should too, napalmic dragon. Wow. You pretty much phail for this post.

1-2. When I say Ganon, I am referring to the character in general, Ganon and Ganondorf can be used interchangably. This is basic Zelda knowledge. Are you sure you have played the games?

3. A>B>C logic always phails. also, Link is nore mere mortal. And I love how you ignored everything else I said and attacked the only point you were able to.

4. Base form is human form.

5. No. I am saying it allows him to use those wits in battle to avoid more then a stupid caveman with the same powers would. Not to mention he would survive a mere shotgun blast.

Once again, you are wrong. By the time Link started searching for the Triforce pieces, the Master Sword was already restored to full power from the prayers of the Sages Makar and...the bird girl.

1. Offensive barrier? Cool, Ganon can do sumthin just like that. Ice shield? Cool as well, Ganon could just imprison Dante in a crystal prison if he wanted. As for the dragon, Ganon survived a dragon(who was a powerful spirit) breathing fire on him, and then having his castle collapse on him. Dragons ain't got shit on Ganon. Also, Ganon can summon monsters of his own.

2. Never said that he does. I am just saying, just cause one big demon got beat by Dante, doesn't mean he can beat any other one. I mentioned height cause she mentioned Sparda Form's height.

3-5. Kay. You seem to like to discredit people's arguments by attacking the weakest points, which in your mind discredits the whole debate.

To ESB: Classic Ganon could die, and OoT Ganon is the only Ganon to have conquered Hyrule. Present Ganon(OoT and beyond) has never been simply defeated by Link one on one.

judgement hand
DANTE!!

Creshosk
Errr the one in WW lost its power so Link had to find the Triforce to fully restore it and he DID find the Triforce. The triforce doesn't have anything to do with powering the mastersword. In Lttp Link never even sees the triforce until he's beaten Ganon. With a fully restored master sword, mind you.

And if you'd played the game you'd know that you restore the sword fully before you hunt for the triforce. Have you even played the game?

Em Dot Bison
If Dante can use the Devil Trigger and has all his weapons, he's gonna win, yo.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.