Thor Vs. Bullets!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alt. Account
Anyone remeber the issue where the chain gun made Thors skin come out in welts or the pistol shot put his arm in a sling? Remember he blocks those bullets for a reason.

Gecko4lif
No. No i dont

You sure you dont mean ult thor?

SuperiorTech
I remember that in the morlock tunnel's either jean or cyclops put his arm in a sling because it got hurt or broken something like that cant remember.

Alt. Account
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
No. No i dont

You sure you dont mean ult thor?

Nope.

616 Thor.

Harry Fingerman
Originally posted by Alt. Account
Anyone remeber the issue where the chain gun made Thors skin come out in welts 480.

Plus, he never came out in welts. He just made a comment that it do do no more than put welts on his skin.
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/thor48003we0.jpg

Alt. Account
Originally posted by Harry Fingerman

Plus, he never came out in welts. He just made a comment that it might put welts on his skin.

Nope it was in an issue of Black Panther he mentioned it. He is strafed by a plane in the one i'm thinking of, it's not the one above he has his old costume not that mockery, I rmember that one though as well. The other issue is a Silver age starring the FF and Daredevil I have in U.K. pocketbook reprint but it doesn't give the original issue. It could be from the FF or Thor. DD is obviously a guest in it. Thor gets shot by a hood in the arm and has to wear a sling the whole issue.

Silent Master
It was bullets from a jet fighter where he mentioned welts, however IIRC the artist didn't draw any welts, so if you take him at his word, the welts must have been so small that the human eye couldn't see them.

As for the sling, if true; I doubt it was due to a bullet because I have been in multiple 'is Thor bulletproof' debates and I have never seen it mentioned.

Alt. Account
Originally posted by Silent Master
It was bullets from a jet fighter where he mentioned welts, however IIRC the artist didn't draw any welts, so if you take him at his word, the welts must have been so small that the human eye couldn't see them.

As for the sling, if true; I doubt it was due to a bullet because I have been in multiple 'is Thor bulletproof' debates and I have never seen it mentioned.

He is shot in both the ones i'm thinking of. It's not the plane above it's an older issue. Thor is grounded and it's a more old fashioned plane. That one pays homage to the one I mean.

Silent Master
Odd that I've never heard of either of these before, can we see some scans?

batdude123
http://img412.imageshack.us/my.php?image=blackpanther08p11cl0.jpg
http://img412.imageshack.us/my.php?image=blackpanther08p12ig1.jpg

Alt. Account
Odd that I've never heard of either of these before, can we see some scans?

Not really, as the pocketbook is at my parents house with most of my comics before 15 - 20 years and the other one is even older from my youth it's at least early 70's. It may be older, it's obviously where the writer for 480 got the idea from. I think if people search around enough we'll get them.

Alt. Account
Originally posted by batdude123
http://img412.imageshack.us/my.php?image=blackpanther08p11cl0.jpg
http://img412.imageshack.us/my.php?image=blackpanther08p12ig1.jpg

Thank you!

That's the Black Panther one where he is shot. I didn't explain that well in my early post. Anyone else got the others!!

Silent Master
Sounds more like you are remembering wrong.

Alt. Account
Sounds more like you are remembering wrong.

Not at all we now have two of the 4 mentioned. Let's find the other 2.

The silver age ones.

Silent Master
Thank you!

That's the Black Panther one where he is shot. I didn't explain that well in my early post. Anyone else got the others!!

The writer later admitted that he didn't know much about Thor and that it was supposed to be a BAKG capable of firing through vibranium.

Alt. Account
The writer later admitted that he didn't know much about Thor and that it was supposed to be a BAKG capable of firing through vibranium.

So? It's canon as are the other examples. The one with the FF and Daredevil, i'm sure it's a bank robber wearing a hat which places the original story as late sixties.

Silent Master
Not at all we now have two of the 4 mentioned. Let's find the other 2.

The silver age ones.

Neither example that has been posted had the bullet do any real damage, and one of them had the writer admit to not knowing much about Thor and stating it was supposed to a BAKG capable of firing through vibranium.

Silent Master
So? It's canon as are the other examples. The one with the FF and Daredevil, i'm sure it's a bank robber wearing a hat which places the original story as late sixties.

Yea, it's canon that neither did any real damage and that one wasn't even a normal bullet.

Even Superman has been hurt by special bullets before.

Alt. Account
Yea, it's canon that neither did any real damage and that one wasn't even a normal bullet.

Even Superman has been hurt by special bullets before.

Made of Kryptonite.

One was a normal bullet with Thor. Remember Thor spins that hammer for a reason. To block bullets. He is scared of them and admits they bring him out in welts.

Questionable durability, add that to his glass jaw........

Let's hope someone has the older comics as well!

Silent Master
The normal bullets were from a jet and there were no welts shown, just an off hand comment that is contradicted by the art.

Alt. Account
The normal bullets were from a jet and there were no welts shown, just an off hand comment that is contradicted by the art.

Are you saying Thor himself is a liar?

SpookySmurph
Are you saying Thor himself is a liar? If you punch me, and I make an off-hand comment that that could bruise, but no bruise appears... am I a liar?

Alt. Account
Originally posted by SpookySmurph
If you punch me, and I make an off-hand comment that that could bruise, but no bruise appears... am I a liar?

Nope, however, you're obviously speaking from experience where you been punched and bruised a lot (probably at school). Thor obviously is aware bullets have hurt him in the past, like you are over these punches.

Silent Master
From the man himself

http://www.comicboards.com/blackpanther/view.php?rpl=010924160126&q=bakg

It was supposed to be a BAKG.

SpookySmurph
Nope, however, you're obviously speaking from experience where you been punched and bruised a lot (probably at school). Thor obviously is aware bullets have hurt him in the past, like you are over these punches. No, I'm not, but that's regardless.

Anyways, you're agreeing with me. So, insinuating that he's a liar is pointless, really.

Alt. Account
Originally posted by SpookySmurph
No, I'm not, but that's regardless.

Anyways, you're agreeing with me. So, insinuating that he's a liar is pointless, really.

I didn't insinuate he's a liar, I believe what he says. Thor said bullets bring him out in welts. He is obviously upset in the scans and this is because he knows from experience bullets hurt him. That's why he says it. In the same way you are worried about being punched, because in the past it's hurt you.

Alt. Account
From the man himself

http://www.comicboards.com/blackpanther/view.php?rpl=010924160126&q=bakg

It was supposed to be a BAKG.

Well whatever it was supposed to be..... It wasn't.
It's cannon. Even big bullets hurting Thor is amusing. Not as funny as the Uzi though.

Silent Master

Alt. Account

Sirius77
You're really grasping...

Sirius77
In response to Silent.

Alt. Account
Originally posted by Sirius77
In response to Silent.

Thanks mate wink

Silent Master
Since when is taking the writers word 'grasping'?

SpookySmurph
I didn't insinuate he's a liar, I believe what he says. Thor said bullets bring him out in welts. He is obviously upset in the scans and this is because he knows from experience bullets hurt him. That's why he says it. In the same way you are worried about being punched, because in the past it's hurt you. Actually, he's commenting on the feebleness of bullets compared to his durability in the scans... no expression

So that comparison is entirely groundless.

Alt. Account
Since when is taking the writers word 'grasping'?

Relax, I get it Thor is your favourite.

Silent Master
Actually, I like Snake-eyes and Wonderman more, Thor is in a 3 way heat with Cap and WW.

Horrificus
old marvel universe said his skin was tougher than diamond.

gogogadgetgo
thor wins agains bullets as he's still alive after having been shot. and jetfighter bullets are not the same as regular bullets. they have high caliber ammos for jetfighters.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.