Black Bolt or Kal-El

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Soljer
Who is more powerful?

Not necessarily who would win in a fight, or who the better character is. Just, straight up power.

Harry Fingerman
The Bolt.
IMO.

Soljer
Originally posted by Harry Fingerman
The Bolt.
IMO.

Kay, Kay. smile.

batdude123
Superman.

Soljer
Originally posted by batdude123
Superman.
The Bolt.
IMO.
Why?

Grinning Goku
The Bolt.
IMO.

But if Sentry can own BB, then...

Harry Fingerman
Originally posted by Soljer
Why? Because BB can most likely down planets with his voice. Heck, his whispers have ripped up the other side of a planet, like a cat rips up furniture.

Originally posted by Grinning Goku
But if Sentry can own BB, then... He can't. smile

Soljer
Because BB can most likely down planets with his voice.

But not the Hulk with a full-on scream?

Hm.

Harry Fingerman
But not the Hulk with a full-on scream?

Hm. And Superman gets downed by one blast from Dr Light.

Grinning Goku
Because BB can most likely down planets with his voice. Heck, his whispers have ripped up the other side of a planet, like a cat rips up furniture.

He can't. smile

Sentry withstood BB's voice (don't know if it was a whisper or scream). If he can get past the voice, he (Rob) can take BB with relative ease.

Soljer
And Superman gets downed by one blast from Dr Light.

That's hardly as bad as the Hulk being unaffected by Black Bolt's most powerful weapon.

Doctor Light actually has some pretty insane showings to his name.

Soljer
Sentry withstood BB's voice (don't know if it was a whisper or scream). If he can get past the voice, he (Rob) can take BB with relative ease.

It was a whisper.

Harry Fingerman
Sentry withstood BB's voice (don't know if it was a whisper or scream). If he can get past the voice, he (Rob) can take BB with relative ease. Sentry stood high above his voice, and still felt the effects of a whisper.

He wouldn't even fight BB.

Grinning Goku
It was a whisper.

Tru. I still think Superman beats BB at least 5/10 times.

Harry Fingerman
That's hardly as bad as the Hulk being unaffected by Black Bolt's most powerful weapon.

Doctor Light actually has some pretty insane showings to his name. Ya well, that's BB's lowest feat. no expression
Plus, we don't even know it was a full scream, just speculate from a scan.

Speaking of low feats...
cough*Sacrifice*cough

TricksterPriest
Superman one-shots planets. He moves wheels as big as universes. He absorbs suns.

Damn right it's Superman. superdur

Harry Fingerman
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Superman one-shots planets. He moves wheels as big as universes. He absorbs suns.

Damn right it's Superman. superdur
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/bp-07-022.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/bp-07-023.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/bp-07-024.jpg

yes

CaptainStoic
All out power goes to Superman, but Black Bolts voice is a huge weapon. The thing with Superman is when he braces himself, he becomes nearly invincible. Could Black Bolt hurt him in this state? Remember when Doomsday Rex broke his knuckles on Clarks chest when he braced himself?
If Superman,
1: Uses Heat Vision on Black Bolt he dies.
2: If Superman punches Black Bolt with all of his might he dies.
3: If Superman brings Black Bolt into space where sound does not exist and throws him into the sun Black Bolt dies.

Superman has too many weapons capable of beating him.

Harry Fingerman
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
All out power goes to Superman, but Black Bolts voice is a huge weapon. The thing with Superman is when he braces himself, he becomes nearly invincible. Could Black Bolt hurt him in this state? Remember when Doomsday Rex broke his knuckles on Clarks chest when he braced himself?
If Superman,
3: If Superman brings Black Bolt into space where sound does not exist and throws him into the sun Black Bolt dies.

Doomsday Rex was a pussy.

Anyway, read the stipulations. It's not an actual fight.
Also, another syllable feat.
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/FF240-16.jpg

SuperiorTech
Sentry stood high above his voice, and still felt the effects of a whisper.

He wouldn't even fight BB.

What is amazing to me is that they would risk fighting blackbolt rather than give the damn crystal's back.I mean didnt it occur to them that bb could fly over a city and just scream.

tjcoady
why are we acting like the scream is Black Bolt's most powerful weapon?

does no one remember the Master Blow? it's way, way more powerful.

Doctor-Alvis
Am I the only one who see's Black Bolt as like a Ms. Marvel with a special bazooka power?

SuperiorTech
Originally posted by tjcoady
why are we acting like the scream is Black Bolt's most powerful weapon?

does no one remember the Master Blow? it's way, way more powerful.

His voice is his most destructive offensive capability.

Martian_mind
Well Black Bolt has the edge in tha fact that he has powers everywhere he goes...

Supes leaves the proper sun long enough,he's just a d*ckhead in tights

Though under a sun,i'd say Supes can give out more sheer power.

llagrok
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Well Black Bolt has the edge in tha fact that he has powers everywhere he goes...

Supes leaves the proper sun long enough,he's just a d*ckhead in tights

Though under a sun,i'd say Supes can give out more sheer power.

Superman has him beat in every area, but not power output. Stronger yes, not more powerful.

Doctor Light actually has some pretty insane showings to his name.

I think we're using the word unaffected a little too loosely. And if we're going to disregard all of Superman's low showings, then we can ignore Blackgars ONE low showing.

Originally posted by CaptainStoic
If Superman,

Maybe you ought to read the original post, idiot.

It's not about who beats who, but about who has the most power output. Power output doesn't necessarily equal different ways to defeat someone, just total amount of damage output.

Also, you don't seem to know too much about Black Bolt. If you think someone like Superman has more ways of defeating him and that he needs sound to kill someone.

tjcoady
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
His voice is his most destructive offensive capability.

maybe against more than one opponent, or if he wanted to cause wide scaled damage.

but the Master Blow is a focusing of ALL of his power in one swing. I'm pretty sure it's more powerful if he was faced with a single opponent.

it's like the difference between a shotgun and a rifle.

grey fox
Originally posted by llagrok
Superman has him beat in every area, but not power output. Stronger yes, not more powerful.

http://masklinnscans.free.fr/4chan/fail.jpg

Supes using his HV on wide-beam can bust planets easily.

Soljer
Originally posted by grey fox
http://masklinnscans.free.fr/4chan/fail.jpg

Supes using his HV on wide-beam can bust planets easily.
One could argue that Black Bolt's scream should be capable of the same task.

Gecko4lif
One could argue that Black Bolt's scream should be capable of the same task.
If he was at his peak of power shown it should

but his power has widely fluxed

He is less then half the power he should be at

SpookySmurph
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
Am I the only one who see's Black Bolt as like a Ms. Marvel with a special bazooka power? ... no expression

llagrok
Am I the only one who see's Black Bolt as like a Ms. Marvel with a special bazooka power?

A special bazooka and matter manipulation

The Pict
Superman is way more powerful

llagrok
Originally posted by The Pict
Superman is way more powerful

Based on?

The Pict
Based on?

eek! Comics!

nimbus006
I think Superman is alot like Galactus in the sense that his power varies depending on certain variables. Like Galactus (feeding), Superman can increase his power exponentially through sundipping, or just exposing himself. Thus, Superman has the potential to become way more powerful than BB could ever be. Personally i feel like Superman is one of the characters with the highest degree of raw power.

nimbus006

Is strength not a characteristic of power? If were only talking energy projection here then yea maybe BB is more powerful.

llagrok
Originally posted by nimbus006
Is strength not a characteristic of power? If were only talking energy projection here then yea maybe BB is more powerful.

Both.

nimbus006
Both.

Then we have to throw in speed, reaction time, durability, intelligence, and fighting skill b/c they all are components of power. In which case Superman has the upper hand, wouldn't you say?

llagrok
Originally posted by nimbus006
Then we have to throw in speed, reaction time, durability, intelligence, and fighting skill b/c they all are components of power. In which case Superman has the upper hand, wouldn't you say?

Fighting skill shouldn't have anything to do with power, nor should reaction time.

Ask the OP

Mr.Biscuits
People forget that BB has other abilities besides the scream.
Hasn't he manipulated black holes before?

As for the thread,Supes is more powerful.He does have the most powerful weapons in comics,his fist....biscuits
Even Doomsday can't adapt to a right hook from Kal...

nimbus006
Fighting skill shouldn't have anything to do with power, nor should reaction time.

Ask the OP

Maybe not fighting skill but reaction time sure does. Being able to react instaneously is a result of incredible speed and mental processing which is a quality of power.

Validus
Superman

batdude123
Originally posted by Validus
Superman

You survived! eek!

And yes... Superman.

UniOmni
Superman, if only for the fact that BB isn't what he once was.

He's not the solar flare manipulating, miniblack hole sealing, antimatter creating monster he once was.

If he were, then he'd get the nod from me easily.

Marvel seems to be intent on tearing him down to the voice, and that's it.

To Soljer...

BB never screamed at Hulk.

The picture that implies it, is merely a different artist take on what happened when Hulk landed on the moon and Hulk took a whisper.

Not to mention that the whisper ripped off a piece of the moon the size of rhode island.

Superman gets the nod from me, until i get placed on the inhumans in 10 years.

Accel
Uni beat me to it. It's pretty clear that BB only whispered at Hulk when you read that teeny tiny word bubble of his.

As for the topic, I'd say BB is more powerful in terms of versatility and energy projection and Superman is more powerful in physical qualities, but since Supes isn't far behind in energy projection or versatility, I'd say he's probably more powerful overall.

Kurash
gotta go with superman

Kurash
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/bp-07-022.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/bp-07-023.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/bp-07-024.jpg

yes

hasnt apocalypse taken a scream from black bolt before? Weird how much comics fluxuate

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Accel
Uni beat me to it. It's pretty clear that BB only whispered at Hulk when you read that teeny tiny word bubble of his.

As for the topic, I'd say BB is more powerful in terms of versatility and energy projection and Superman is more powerful in physical qualities, but since Supes isn't far behind in energy projection or versatility, I'd say he's probably more powerful overall.

In the IronMan tie in it looks much much more like a scream. People have interpreted that as being what happened after Hulk jumped at him rather than being the whisper shown in WWH.

llagrok
Superman then.

Originally posted by Kurash
hasnt apocalypse taken a scream from black bolt before? Weird how much comics fluxuate

According to HoM files, that Apocalypse was only capable of controlling his body's molecules and growing.

The 616 Apocalypse had some sort of power-up when he took Black Bolt's whisper without any injury. TP forgets to mention that whenever he posts it shifty

Accel
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
In the IronMan tie in it looks much much more like a scream. People have interpreted that as being what happened after Hulk jumped at him rather than being the whisper shown in WWH.
I don't really take that at face value since no one who commented about it was really there to see it.

If that was the case, though, I would say it says a lot more about Hulk's increased durability than it does about Blackagar's lack of power.

batdude123
I don't really take that at face value since no one who commented about it was really there to see it.

If that was the case, though, I would say it says a lot more about Hulk's increased durability than it does about Blackagar's lack of power.

Yeah... you would say that... fanboy. malfoy

Symmetric Chaos

I would say the same thing. I doubt Pak had any intention of making BB seem less powerful.

Accel
Originally posted by batdude123
Yeah... you would say that... fanboy. malfoy
I said shut your ugly face Flanders.

Doctor-Alvis
A special bazooka and matter manipulation
Doesn't she have that from her lesser Binary powers? It's just all of his abilities seem just above average except for his mouth cannon.

Kurash
Superman then.

According to HoM files, that Apocalypse was only capable of controlling his body's molecules and growing.

The 616 Apocalypse had some sort of power-up when he took Black Bolt's whisper without any injury. TP forgets to mention that whenever he posts it shifty

ahh i see

TricksterPriest
616 Apoc didn't get a chance to power himself up. And it was a scream or at least a yell. durfist

llagrok
Doesn't she have that from her lesser Binary powers? It's just all of his abilities seem just above average except for his mouth cannon.

She has absorption, but manipulation?

I think she can absorb and rechannel, but that should be it.

Harry Fingerman
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
616 Apoc didn't get a chance to power himself up. And it was a scream or at least a yell. durfist I doubt it was even a whisper.

It looked like he was breathing at him.

Plus, Cyke was about a foot away from Black Bolt's mouth. Cyke's about as durable as Apoc? What the f**k?

panthergod
Superman is more powerful.

SpookySmurph
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I would say the same thing. I doubt Pak had any intention of making BB seem less powerful. No, I doubt it was intentional. And, I agree, it speaks of Hulk's durability, but the whole thing is rather fishy... I think BB WAS depowered to a degree for the whole debacle, but no question that WWH > previous incarnations, durability and otherwise.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.