John Stewart vs Black Bolt

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

endrict
Who wins?

spidey-dude
john stewart the black GL from the cartoon ?

endrict
From the comic, yes.

CaptainStoic
Black Bolt

llagrok
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
Black Bolt

Bouboumaster
The GL, even if I prefer Black Bolt. To much versality from the GL.

Gecko4lif
bb is stroner
has matter manip and his voice

poor stewart

nvrbeenwthagirl
GL. The only one to have a win over Superman.

SpiderGauntlet
BB would scream like a pussy thus rendering John pussified.

BB.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by SpiderGauntlet
BB would scream like a pussy thus rendering John pussified.

BB.

You have got to get a hold of your language. It's deplorable. And it's not even called for given the characters or the situation.

llagrok
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl

You just like him, because he's black.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by llagrok
You just like him, because he's black.

So then why do I like Thor? Wonder Woman? Darkseid? None of them are black. stick out tongue And Black Bolt could be light skinned and black. He Even has black in his name. And Black Lightning sucks. The Name, and the costume are hideous. Now what? roll eyes (sarcastic)

SpiderGauntlet
Sorry nvr i'm a very stupid person. I thought it was tolerable cause it didn't sound like rude and all cause he screams and stuff... (Not sarcasm)

Black bolt however would win IMO. His whisper can knock out the Hulk. What can GL do to defend =/

Steel is your Avatar and he's black. So there :O

Priest
the only black person to have a win against Superman stick out tongue

nvrbeenwthagirl
Sorry nvr i'm a very stupid person. I thought it was tolerable cause it didn't sound like rude and all cause he screams and stuff... (Not sarcasm)

Black bolt however would win IMO. His whisper can knock out the Hulk. What can GL do to defend =/

Steel is your Avatar and he's black. So there :O

Actually my avatar is me. NOt steel. And GL can defend much better than the Hulk can.

Galan007
Stay Black, ftw. 313

SpiderGauntlet
Actually my avatar is me. NOt steel. And GL can defend much better than the Hulk can.

Really? Oh shit sorry sad. What can GL do against BB's scream though

endrict
I wasn't sure as to make it vs Hal or not...

Estacado
Stewart FTW.

llagrok
Originally posted by Estacado
Stewart FTW.

How did your team tactical go? 313

So then why do I like Thor? Wonder Woman? Darkseid? None of them are black. stick out tongue And Black Bolt could be light skinned and black. He Even has black in his name. And Black Lightning sucks. The Name, and the costume are hideous. Now what? roll eyes (sarcastic)

You colour and photoshop Thor black, taking back what the white man stole cool

Estacado
The commander guy went berserker and sniped the whole team after that he climbed to the top of a rock where he was able to see our spawning point............haermm

llagrok
The commander guy went berserker and sniped the whole team after that he climbed to the top of a rock where he was able to see our spawning point............haermm

Doesn't sound like anything a lil Norwegian powa couldn't cure

Estacado
That's why you left......eh?haermm

llagrok
That's why you left......eh?haermm

Even the Power Norway needs to be recharged

batdude123
Stewart.

Harry Fingerman
GL. The only one to have a win over Superman. Wog?

Plus, Stewart also got his anus owned by Supes in another issue...

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Harry Fingerman
Wog?

Plus, Stewart also got his anus owned by Supes in another issue...

And your point is?

Validus
That isn't true.

Harry Fingerman
And your point is? That you're wrong, and Superman has an equal record against John.

batdude123
Originally posted by Harry Fingerman
That you're wrong, and Superman has an equal record against John.

He's actually beaten him twice.

Validus
As if anyone believes John Stewart is a match for Supes. laughing out loud

Harry Fingerman
Originally posted by batdude123
He's actually beaten him twice. Well, I missed one.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Validus
As if anyone believes John Stewart is a match for Supes. laughing out loud

Where was that stated? And supers is actually just a jobber aura machine. Anyone with half a decent imagination, a lil will power, and a GL ring should be able to pwn him. That is logical. DC isn't quite that logical. Dominus anyone? wink

Soljer
Stewart.

cmack
somehow i knew this would descend into a race thing, plese stop it guys

Gecko4lif
Wait can gl rings actually hurt supes?

DestinyGuy678
John easy, he could create a clamp over his moth, it takes a hit of supermans strength to brake something like that so it'd be difficult for black bolt to manage it, so with the clamp over his mouth GL could pretty much beat him al he wants from there

batdude123
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Wait can gl rings actually hurt supes? Yes.

magellan
Really? Oh shit sorry sad. What can GL do against BB's scream though

Well John Stewart has stopped Silver Banshee's scream before so I'm sure he could do the same against Black Bolt. (He did it by using his power ring to create a circular object to complete cover and gag her mouth.

Galan007
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
bb is stroner
has matter manip and his voice

poor stewart Is BB's voice > a Sun AND Planet simultaneously being destroyed?

Because John withstood such a blast, at ground-zero, with no real ill-effect. srsly

john allerdyce
Originally posted by Galan007
Is BB's voice > a Sun AND Planet simultaneously being destroyed?

Because John withstood such a blast, at ground-zero, with no real ill-effect. srsly john's taken that?

I call bullshit. roll eyes (sarcastic)

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by john allerdyce
john's taken that?

Why? He is one of the best green lanterns ever. Hell every GL is at least equal to Terrax or better.

Soljer
Why? He is one of the best green lanterns ever. Hell every GL is at least equal to Terrax or better.

False. Perhaps every named Lantern.

Galan007
john's taken that?

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_johnstewart_explosion1.jpg http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_johnstewart_explosion2.jpg http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_johnstewart_explosion3.jpg http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_johnstewart_explosion4.jpg http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_johnstewart_explosion5.jpg http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_johnstewart_explosion6.jpg

Meh,

I guess I should stop making up such "bullshit", eh? srsly

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Soljer
False. Perhaps every named Lantern.

Nah. THe lanters can kill now. They seemed to be pwning the sinestro corps left and right after that. And The Lanterns also have a new intense training program. One lantern even made the AM stumble a bit before getting killed. IF you think most lanterns are simply high meta, you prolly are just a wee bit biased.

Soljer
Errrmmm...

You're claiming that I'm biased against the lantern corps?

Along with Vally, I'm one of the biggest lantern fans around here...

Estacado
Yat wanker.......ermm

stick out tongue

john allerdyce
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_johnstewart_explosion1.jpg http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_johnstewart_explosion2.jpg http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_johnstewart_explosion3.jpg http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_johnstewart_explosion4.jpg http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_johnstewart_explosion5.jpg http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_johnstewart_explosion6.jpg

Meh,

I guess I should stop making up such "bullshit", eh? srsly Whatever. roll eyes (sarcastic)

nvrbeenwthagirl
Errrmmm...

You're claiming that I'm biased against the lantern corps?

Along with Vally, I'm one of the biggest lantern fans around here...
Catch the Irony. IF Terrax is the weakest herald, then the next step down is what? High Meta. What High meta do you know that can protect and ENTIRE sector of space?

Soljer
Yat wanker.......ermm

stick out tongue

I haven't been wanking him yet. I've actually been trying to keep people FROM wanking him until we get some real showings and feats to wank.

But...once we do?

big grin.

Kurash
prolly john stewart

nvrbeenwthagirl
I haven't been wanking him yet. I've actually been trying to keep people FROM wanking him until we get some real showings and feats to wank.

But...once we do?

big grin.

By his very nature, he is superior to every other DC top tier.

Estacado

But...once we do?

big grin.
But it had ran through your mind.........stick out tongue

Soljer
By his very nature, he is superior to every other DC top tier.

By his nature, he SHOULD be.

But we don't argue on guesses, maybes or suppositions.

We argue on feats and on-panel facts.

nvrbeenwthagirl
By his nature, he SHOULD be.

But we don't argue on guesses, maybes or suppositions.

We argue on feats and on-panel facts.

Well if he were the weakest GL, he'd still be superior to anyother top tier. Every Daxamite that superman has met, has given him fits. adding in a power ring is just over kill.

Soljer
Well if he were the weakest GL, he'd still be superior to anyother top tier. Every Daxamite that superman has met, has given him fits. adding in a power ring is just over kill.

*sigh*

Again, he SHOULD be.

But you're extrapolating Daxamite + power ring. And it doesn't quite work that way. Sodam Yat may be more than the sum of his parts, or he may be far less. We haven't seen enough to justify either yet.

Though, for the record, he couldn't be the worst Lantern ever. It was said that, though he's a headstrong rookie, he's as good as most veterans. smile.

nvrbeenwthagirl
*sigh*

Again, he SHOULD be.

But you're extrapolating Daxamite + power ring. And it doesn't quite work that way. Sodam Yat may be more than the sum of his parts, or he may be far less. We haven't seen enough to justify either yet.

Though, for the record, he couldn't be the worst Lantern ever. It was said that, though he's a headstrong rookie, he's as good as most veterans. smile.

MY point. He is supposed to be the ULTIMATE lantern. Expect a book to be coming. And can you think of any daxamite that hasn't given a DC top tier fits?

Soljer
MY point. He is supposed to be the ULTIMATE lantern. Expect a book to be coming. And can you think of any daxamite that hasn't given a DC top tier fits?

Yeah! I can think of one!

Sodam Yat.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Yeah! I can think of one!

Sodam Yat.
He'll prolly end up beating one of the uber guys by the end of the sinestro corps war. He's being played up too much.

Galan007
MY point. He is supposed to be the ULTIMATE lantern. But you see,

Being 'pre-titled', doesn't necessarily equate to much, .

If titles/hearsay could be taken literally, Superman Prime would be the most powerful character to ever exist -- But as we all know, his actual feats paint a much different picture, see? ermmhappy

nvrbeenwthagirl
But you see,

Being 'pre-titled', doesn't necessarily equate to much, .

If titles/hearsay could be taken literally, Superman Prime would be the most powerful character to ever exist -- But as we all know, his actual feats paint a much different picture, see? ermmhappy

Yeah. But we do know that he is at least as powerful as every superman combined. He does supply all of thier power. And he recreated lois. Never seen any one less than skyfather create life.

Soljer
He'll prolly end up beating one of the uber guys by the end of the sinestro corps war. He's being played up too much.

Probably.

Has he yet?

Nah.

Galan007
And he recreated lois. Never seen any one less than skyfather create life. Except a 5D Imp helped Prime do that. wink

nvrbeenwthagirl
Probably.

Has he yet?

Nah.

I an see him becoming the new Parallax. There were a couple of other old books talking about sodom. Can't remember tho. Been a while. some old annuals?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Except a 5D Imp helped Prime do that. wink

Ah. the queen right?

Galan007
Whatever.
I was wrong for insinuating that you were making things up Galan, Im sorry. From the bottom of my heart, I apologize. Fixed. gm

Galan007
Ah. the queen right? Yep yep. smile

seaapple
This is actually a good battle (though the debate hasn't been all great with so many simplistic racialized digressions). It's funny and sad that we could have put the Martian Manhunter against Black Bolt and gotten less comments about his being a green alien than we get about John Stewart who is a human and a pretty tough GL. Hal is the original, but John has his place in the GL canon too.

It is a good battle because it is an incredibly powerful hero in a raw sense (without much versatility) versus a hero with an artifact that gives unlimited versatility but is restricted by the speed of his creative imagination and will.

Is Green Lantern's willpower as strong as Black Bolt's scream? And is he quick enough? I would give him the benefit of the doubt here, but it isn't cut and dry. It probably depends on his state at the time of the fight. Is John in top form? Are his reflexes sharp? Does he know Black Bolt's power?

I'll say that under good conditions it is John 7 or 8 out of 10, and 9 out of 10 if he has good info on Black Bolt beforehand.

Galan007
Originally posted by seaapple
Does he know Black Bolt's power? Per forum rules he would...

seaapple
Per forum rules he would...

Thanks for pointing me to this, sorry for the question that is implicit in this forum.

SpookySmurph
Stewart for the majority, but BB could take SOME wins.

If John makes a stupid move, and give BB an opening, BB can take it... so I'd probably give John 7-8/10

HueyFreeman
I an see him becoming the new Parallax. There were a couple of other old books talking about sodom. Can't remember tho. Been a while. some old annuals? The writers originally wanted him to go through the whole "repentance good guy" process but I think hes too far one for that now.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.