greatest leader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lordboo
who is the greatest leader/ruler of their people/city/country in comics

opinions please?

nimbus006
Has to be T'challa. They have prospered for so long, and are so advanced in a country that is riddled with poverty and disease.

lordboo
Originally posted by nimbus006
Has to be T'challa. They have prospered for so long, and are so advanced in a country that is riddled with poverty and disease.
what about black bolt

nimbus006
Originally posted by lordboo
what about black bolt

He's under BP due to lack of motivational speech. stick out tongue

lordboo
He's under BP due to lack of motivational speech. stick out tongue
ahh!but when he speaks people listen............ or die

nimbus006
ahh!but when he speaks people listen............ or die

That would make him a dictator.

lordboo
That would make him a dictator.
kinda like dr doom.
namor is a good leader he'd do just about anything to protect what he values.

Citizen V
Doom.

Without a doubt.

nimbus006
How is doom a good leader.? He has absolute rule of his country with no and kills his Prime Ministers.

Citizen V
How is doom a good leader.? He has absolute rule of his country with no and kills his Prime Ministers.

Just because you don't agree with the way he leads, doesn't mean he isn't good at it.

I'd like to see anybody else (Excluding Black Panther) make a small, poor country that was over-ran with gypsies and turn it into the contented and sucessful country that is Latveria.

willRules
Steve Rogers might have made a good president yes

DigiMark007
Leader and ruler are slightly different. Cap's a great tactical leader, for example. But apple pie and patriotism don't make for efficient countries.

I doubt many of us would define Doom as "great". Productive and efficient, sure. But not a good leader. None of us, except to be snarky on internet forums, would honestly advocate his style of dictatorship....even if there's selective qualities about him that are admirable or productive.

The best leader wouldn't be in power for an extended length of time, in order to more fully represent the peoples' wants, not his/her own. It would be an elected position, not a kingship or other oligarchy-style rule. So I really don't see any comic character as being ideal.

llagrok
Originally posted by Citizen V
Just because you don't agree with the way he leads, doesn't mean he isn't good at it.

I'd like to see anybody else (Excluding Black Panther) make a small, poor country that was over-ran with gypsies and turn it into the contented and sucessful country that is Latveria.

Latveria has the lowest crime-rate and is considered a world super-power.

llagrok
Originally posted by llagrok
Latveria has the lowest crime-rate in the world and is considered a super-power.

boriquaking55
Originally posted by llagrok
Latveria has the lowest crime-rate and is considered a world super-power.

people act like this is hard to achieve under the fascist, iron-fisted regime such as the one doom runs.

Namor. He does rule 3/4 of the earth afterall.

Galan007
Magneto, .

Bad Ash231
Apocalypse, .

dur

Galan007
Originally posted by Bad Ash231
Apocalypse, .

dur Except everyone knows that's wrong, because Apoc is a well proven, and extremely seasoned, douche. shock_oh

Bad Ash231
Originally posted by Galan007
Except everyone knows that's wrong, because Apoc is a well proven, and extremely seasoned, douche. shock_oh

Hence, the dur in my post.

Idiot. durfist

Galan007
Originally posted by Bad Ash231
Hence, the dur in my post.

Idiot. durfist psorry

Bad Ash231
Originally posted by willRules
Steve Rogers might have made a good president yes

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/presientsteverogers.png

Symmetric Chaos
Thats so perfect when juxtaposed with your sig.

llagrok
Originally posted by boriquaking55
people act like this is hard to achieve under the fascist, iron-fisted regime such as the one doom runs.

Namor. He does rule 3/4 of the earth afterall.

And it's a fricking riot down there

Symmetric Chaos

opinions please?

Depends on what you mean greatness. Doom is probably the most successful lead and has improved his nation far more than most. BlackPanther and BlackBolt are far superior morally but not quite as successful as Doom has been.

Bad Ash231
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

durznuts

llagrok
Depends on what you mean greatness. Doom is probably the most successful lead and has improved his nation far more than most. BlackPanther and BlackBolt are far superior morally but not quite as successful as Doom has been.

Both BP and BB have impressive technology as well though, just not AS impressive

batdude123
Thats so perfect when juxtaposed with your sig. laughing out loud

willRules

laughing

WrathfulDwarf

opinions please?

Darkseid.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Darkseid.

When you consider that DS creates and foments his own internal rebellions to keep hope alive so he can crush it anew, and the rabblerousers are his own elites, he really does stand out.

Anyone with the ALE is a great leader. I know this because they tell me so. crazy big grin

willRules
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
When you consider that DS creates and foments his own internal rebellions to keep hope alive so he can crush it anew, and the rabblerousers are his own elites, he really does stand out.

Meh, that just makes him sound like a rip off of Big Brother....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Brother_%28Nineteen_Eighty-Four%29

Laminator_X
Old School Squadron Supreme. Their methods may have veered into the authoritarian, but they really were doing everything they could to improve their world.

Utrigita
if he hadn't been said Doom

Symmetric Chaos

It makes me sad when people need to explain who BigBrother is.

TricksterPriest
Not to me. I'm aware of the irony. And it is kind of sad that George Orwell isn't better known.

But using minions with mind control and emotion control as your proxies puts him above them in effectiveness. spliff

willRules
It makes me sad when people need to explain who BigBrother is.

I just didn't want to post the message and people to say "Big who?" embarrasment

Switch 07
It makes me sad when people need to explain who BigBrother is. Who?

I am serious.

llagrok
Originally posted by Switch 07
Who?

I am serious.

no expression

willRules
Originally posted by Switch 07
Who?

I am serious.

A really famous character from a really famous book that is a really good read yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.