Personality and Love

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sol Valentine
We all want a significant other that can share our preferences, but we have our own personality. and we may constanly debate or fight about it.

So, would it be better for everyone to have ony one emotion or personality?

debbiejo
Contentments a good one.

DigiMark007
One emotion wouldn't have others to reference it by. Love would be precisely the same as hate in terms of our cognitive processing of it.

I dunno though...just play "Knocked Up" for her. Funny, but also a good chick flick. She'll be back on your nuts in no time bud.

Storm
Adjusting and compromising is a part of daily life for all couples.

Evil Dead
Originally posted by Sol Valentine
We all want a significant other that can share our preferences,

I disagree. My wife and I share NOTHING in common. I'm a huge movie buff.....horror being my guilty pleasure. She loathes horror films. My favorite movies are Romero's Dead films......The Evil Dead...Re-Animator, etc. She refuses to even watch a film with a zombie in it and watched The Evil Dead with me one time and only one time and has stated clearly she will never watch it again. I refuse to even watch the only movies she's interested in, chick flicks.

My television of choice is National Geographic Channel, Discovery, Discovery Science, TLC, History Channel and the like. The only tv she really watches is the Home and Garden Channel, shit I can't stand.

I like music like old rap, rock, punk, etc. She only listens to the likes of Mariah Carey, No Doubt, Justin Timberlake and the like. Shit that I have no interest in whatsoever.

I'm a huge sports fan.....football and basketball. She was a cheerleader in highschool but doesn't even know the most pedestrian rules of the games she loathes them so much...despite the fact that I watch atleast 5 games a week.

She cooks dinner.....but cooks a seperate meal for herself. She will not even eat the same food I like. She was raised by a bad mother who fed her about 4 different meals in rotation and refuses to diversify from those 4 meals whereas I eat a wide variety of foods.....pretty much anything.

my wife and I share no preferances. I drink and smoke.....she has NEVER even tried either. My vehicle is a Chevrolet truck while she drives a Pontiac Vibe.

I'm a science nut while she's into sprituality.

Kurt Cobain best sums it up in one of his lyrics, "I love you for what I am not, I do not want what I have got". My wife and I are complete opposites yet love each other dearly......6 1/2 years of marriage and counting.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Evil Dead
My vehicle is a Chevrolet truck

thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.