Guitar Hero 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CaptainStoic
I just played a demo of the game today, and it was great. In battle mode you can sabotage your opponent, has anyone else tried it? Anyone planning on getting it when it comes out? The new guitar feels much better and more compact to the fingers than the last one, and the boss battles will rule. Slash is in it!

Lana
Haven't done multiplayer on it yet, though I've seen other people do it.

I tried out the demo on Wednesday when we got it in. Stupid game has me addicted and I suck at it laughing out loud

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by Lana
Haven't done multiplayer on it yet, though I've seen other people do it.

I tried out the demo on Wednesday when we got it in. Stupid game has me addicted and I suck at it laughing out loud

Do you work at Gamestop too Lana? big grin I'm playing at medium level, and I love it... I can't seem to beat a fellow worker, but I'll get him one of these days... he kept snapping my strings, and wrecking my whammy bar.

Scythe
Here are some of the songs that are going to be included, courtesy of Wikipedia.

CaptainStoic
that's an impressive line up of songs, I was playing Evenflow by Pearl Jam on the demo version.

JKozzy
Got the game today, it's so sweet big grin

Scythe
"Paranoid", Slipknot Dragonforce and Tom Morello are enough for me to get this.

vandalworks
demos good, downloaded it on xbox live today. priestess "lay down" is very nice to play. plays really well generally anyway. cant wait to get it!

JKozzy
Was a bit peeved that I couldn't play Through the Fire and the Flames right off the bat, but playing through the career was great fun anyway. Definitely worth the wait smile

CaptainStoic
We got them in today, the guitar is a bit shorter than the Explorer, and feels better on your fingers as well, I can't wait to try it out, but I am wondering if Guitar Hero 3 will be as good as Rock Band. I am still undecided as to which game I should spend my money on.

Scythe
Just wait, I'm savin' my money too.

Impediment
GH2 was 95% cover songs that were horribly done. I was very disgusted with the god awful singing of Lamb of God's "Laid to Rest".

I had the game for about 4 days and I returned it for my money back.

GH3 seems the same to me. If it had the actual songs, however...........hmm

vandalworks
Originally posted by Impediment
GH2 was 95% cover songs that were horribly done. I was very disgusted with the god awful singing of Lamb of God's "Laid to Rest".

I had the game for about 4 days and I returned it for my money back.

GH3 seems the same to me. If it had the actual songs, however...........hmm

about 90% of the songs are the original or newly recorded versions by the artists themselves.

Lana
It's actually about half and half when it comes to covers/original recordings.

Some of the recordings on GH2 were jarringly bad, though.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Lana
It's actually about half and half when it comes to covers/original recordings.

Some of the recordings on GH2 were jarringly bad, though. Not really... Most were acceptable to very good... RATM one was toss but the rest were decent enough, I'm not sure what you can really expect...

Most of the real recordings are by artists no one has ever heard off, therefor they might as well have been covers.

JKozzy
Welcome to the Jungle and Paint it Black were both done by the original artists. It's also got Tenacious D and AFI in the flesh. So far the only cover that slightly bothered me was the Kiss cover. I've been playing on hard and the two Guitar battles were surprisingly easy I found.

Scythe
Wow, Paint It Black, I'm looking forward to that so bad.

CaptainStoic
Tenacious D's song The Metal is tricky, I really liked playing it on hard. I find the harder it is to play the song the more I love it. I heard that you can use the guitar from Guitar Hero (any of them) as a bass guitar while playing Rock Band, I wonder how true that is?

Kenshinswife
the game doesnt come out until the 28th over here...im REALLY anxious to play.

JKozzy
Originally posted by Kenshinswife
the game doesnt come out until the 28th over here...im REALLY anxious to play. It doesn't here either wink

ragesRemorse
I bet this game is going to be like is going to be alot like that one game called guitar hero and guitar hero 2.

Why not just offer patches on xbox live with new songs for guitar hero2? There is no need for a new $60 guitar hero each year.

Scythe
Pretty much, but it's the first next gen GH, they should do that though.

Lana
They wouldn't release new songs online for free. Considering the number of songs in the game, the price would probably even out. Plus, not everyone is online with the 360 and (this will be a shock to some people) it's not the only system out there.

I'm kinda really addicted to this game now...got home a little over an hour ago, beat two stages, and discovered that my hand and wrist do not like me playing for very long.

JKozzy
And they have released new songs for GHII on 360.... and you have to pay 500 points for 3 songs packs... comes out to about $6.25. By paying what they want you to for the songs, for $60 of downloadable songs, you get about 29 tracks. The game will give you way more than that.

AstroFan
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
I bet this game is going to be like is going to be alot like that one game called guitar hero and guitar hero 2.

Why not just offer patches on xbox live with new songs for guitar hero2? There is no need for a new $60 guitar hero each year.

Its got a whole games worth of songs, plus a lot of online options this year. So this isnt a "Madden being the same game every year" issue, its got plenty to justify a new game.

I just found one of my favorite songs in "the store", which is awesome. big grin

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by AstroFan
Its got a whole games worth of songs, plus a lot of online options this year. So this isnt a "Madden being the same game every year" issue, its got plenty to justify a new game.

I just found one of my favorite songs in "the store", which is awesome. big grin

thats cool then. Im just not a guitar hero fan and after playing guitar hero 2 which was no different than the first. I was afraid a madden esque trend was starting.

Scythe
thats cool then. Im just not a guitar hero fan and after playing guitar hero 2 which was no different than the first. I was afraid a madden esque trend was starting.

No, I think GH 40-5 will follow this path. Songs are expensive, original work is even more expensive, we'll be paying through the nose for the newest edition...

Also, the f*cking character, they are the ugliest concepts ever. My god!

~KoK!~
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
Tenacious D's song The Metal is tricky, I really liked playing it on hard. I find the harder it is to play the song the more I love it. I heard that you can use the guitar from Guitar Hero (any of them) as a bass guitar while playing Rock Band, I wonder how true that is? You can only use guitars from Guitar Hero 3 and Rock Band in teh Game "Rock Band"

However, you can Gh3 and Rock Band guitars fr all 4 games.

Weird, I know.

Mr.Murder27
Hahah Guitar hero! I can't wait! I love "Miss Murder" by AFI. Hey can u create ur own character on GH3?

~KoK!~
Nope. That's actually something they criticized. Stupid Activision.

Mr.Murder27
Oh that sucks. I wish we could then that'll be great. I guess we'll just have to be lookin' forward to guitar playin'

Scythe
Originally posted by ~KoK!~
You can only use guitars from Guitar Hero 3 and Rock Band in teh Game "Rock Band"

However, you can Gh3 and Rock Band guitars fr all 4 games.

Weird, I know.

Wait, I'm not quite sure I understand this. So you can use the GH controller on Rock band?

~KoK!~
Yes. However, it will lack some unnecessary (albeit fun) functions that are exclusive to teh RB controller.

vandalworks

i feel you're missing the point...

with a game like guitar hero, its more about the songs than the features. gh3 has the best lineup of songs yet, plus the fact that many people find artists that they havent heard before and gain new insights to these artists and become fans of these too. i can see what you mean, the gameplay hasnt changed much at all, but thats credit to harmonix for inventing a great mechanic straight off. whereas with a sports game the main changes are rosters and the occasional new feature, the whole content is fresh in guitar hero, which for me makes it a more than worthy purchase if you enjoy the gameplay.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by vandalworks
i feel you're missing the point...

with a game like guitar hero, its more about the songs than the features. gh3 has the best lineup of songs yet, plus the fact that many people find artists that they havent heard before and gain new insights to these artists and become fans of these too. i can see what you mean, the gameplay hasnt changed much at all, but thats credit to harmonix for inventing a great mechanic straight off. whereas with a sports game the main changes are rosters and the occasional new feature, the whole content is fresh in guitar hero, which for me makes it a more than worthy purchase if you enjoy the gameplay.

I fully grasped the point of the game revolving primarily around the music selection. This is why i questioned why not just offer patches. A few people responded by saying that they do infact offer patches with additional songs but they are expensive. If the developers can offer a $60 game with a wide selection of song titles they can surely sell song patches for a more inexpensive price than they do. However, they wouldnt make as much money. I understand that the gameplay is perfect for the entertainment it offers and does not need changing, which is why i question a new release every year. I am not a fan so this is probably why.

As for sports games. That is most certainly the problem. The only significant changes year in and year out is the rosters and customization. Every once in a while the graphics benefit from a major update. I am refering mainly to madden when i speak of lack of innovation. Madden doesnt have to break the mold each year because they have manopolized the franchise. Other sports games like NBA and NHL do however, take on gameplay adjustments and sometimes comeplete changes. I believe Madden should experiment more.

vandalworks
well with something like guitar hero, its not exactly a small download. imagine trying to download 70 songs onto your hard drive, even with the 120gig HDD its going to take up some room. its much simpler to release a new game with all the songs on and a new guitar if you want it. the guitar is normally optional. i will be getting it though for two player goodness.

Scythe
Yeah dude.

xNIXSONx
i think GH3 needs some angus young as a legend

some songs should be released:
ACDC song pack
Don't Stop Believin' by Journey!
Accidents by Alexisonfire

Scythe
Originally posted by xNIXSONx
i think GH3 needs some angus young as a legend

I know right? Legends of Rock and no Angus Young?

vandalworks
no angus young is a good thing.

means we have something to expect for GH4

grey fox
I assume Dragonforces 'Through the Fire and the flames' is difficult to play?

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by vandalworks
no angus young is a good thing.

means we have something to expect for GH4

yes we could and should expect way more legends in the next one, but when GH3 is titled Legends of Rock and only contains 2 then...heh to tell you the truth i never heard of tom morello before, when i think of rock, i think angus young/ acdc and gene simmons lol

they should have a create ur own rocker, and a better legends roster but the tracklist in gh3 is pretty good

to grey fox: my friend who plays expert can only get 2% of that song lol

and does anyone know when the songpacks will be released

vandalworks
song packs are out already. foo fightes and vevlet revovler available.

DarkC
I'm getting it for the 360.

Mairuzu
the foo fighters pack is awesome

xNIXSONx
with the announcement of all the rock band song packs, guita hero 3 needs some too, and more than just velvet revolver and foo fighters

need:
AC/DC song pack:
-back in black
-highway to hell
-thunderstruck or tnt

Coheed & Cambria song pack:
-a favor house atlantic
-welcome home
-the suffering or ten speed

Journey song pack:
dont stop believin
anyway you want it
ask the lonely

wouldnt those be some sick GH songs

vandalworks
i'd like a metallica song pack,
master of puppets
blackened
four horsemen

system of a down pack
spiders
suite pee
chop suey

a blues pack would be nice too... maybe john lee hooker, howlin wolf etc

and some more pantera!

xNIXSONx
i got the Xbox 360 Guitar Hero 3 with the wired x plorer guitar, when does the Les Paul wireless come out, (without the game)

xNIXSONx
NEW GUITAR HERO 3 SONG PACK:
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/50142

"State of Massachusetts" by Dropkick Murphys
"You Should Be Ashamed of Myself" by The Bled
"Memories of the Grove" by Maylene & The Sons of Disaster

Barker
Got 86% on Barracuda on Easy once, damn I'm good. mmm

InnerRise
Originally posted by Barker
Got 86% on Barracuda on Easy once, damn I'm good. mmm 86% you say?

Weak Sauce.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

JacopeX
I am the best controller player ever!!!! big grin

I suck with the controller though. I challenge anyone! smile

JKozzy
3 was definitely a disappointment. Rock Band is where it's at.

Barker
Originally posted by InnerRise
86% you say?

Weak Sauce.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....
Got up to 89% today, I am Barker. uhuh

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by xNIXSONx
i got the Xbox 360 Guitar Hero 3 with the wired x plorer guitar, when does the Les Paul wireless come out, (without the game)

I've heard rumors that it will be released on Jan. 15, 08.

Scythe
WTF?! What's this I hear about the PS3 port not having backwards compatibility with GH 1 & 2? The controller won't work for them?

Blax_Hydralisk
Well, PS3's retarded. *shrug*

Lana
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
I've heard rumors that it will be released on Jan. 15, 08.

Where'd you hear that? The wireless guitars for the 360, PS3, and Wii are supposed to be available separately in early February.

Scythe
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Well, PS3's retarded. *shrug*

That doesn't answer my question. . .

Blax_Hydralisk
Sorry man sad

Kumar
are they releasing more songs for download for the Wii version?

JackieCD
It's addicting for a bit and then you lose all interest

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by Kumar
are they releasing more songs for download for the Wii version?

i didnt even though the wii version could even get DLC cuz i played it on the weekend on wii and there was no option for Downloads, but just, Set List and Bonus List...

DarkC
I am so close to beating this game on Expert.

Unfortunately Slayer and Metallica own me repeatedly.

Blax_Hydralisk
Expert?

Way to totally make me look bad DarkC..

DarkC
On "Raining Blood" I usually can get past the "really insane" part but then I fail on the "hard" part. Fail at 32% to 36%. Basically you have to get the two star power phrases in the beginning or you're pretty much flucked. If you miss one of the SP phrases, may as well restart.

On "One" I f***ing pretty much ace the entire song......and then "Fast Solo A" comes out of NOWHERE and kicks my ass in about 5 seconds.
Fail at 80% to 82%, which pisses me off. You have to save up your star power throughout the entire song pretty much, and even while it's full you still miss the damn solo because it goes so fast.

Just these two and of course the boss and I can finally get Through the Fire and Flames.

Just that these two are incredibly annoying.
Expert?

Way to totally make me look bad DarkC..
Why.....what difficulty do you play on?

Blax_Hydralisk
*sniff*

Medium..

DarkC
*sniff*

Medium..
Ah. stick out tongue

So do most of my friends. I'm better at this game while drunk....at least on some songs.

Played the opening riffs to "Sweet Child O' Mine" staggering around and facing the opposite direction of the TV at this one party.

Yes, on Expert.

It's true, really. laughing

Blax_Hydralisk
laughing

Did you fail miserably or did you totally pwn it Rock Lee style haermm

DarkC
laughing

Did you fail miserably or did you totally pwn it Rock Lee style haermm
Went straight through to the end....nearly failed on the solo though but pulled it together. After the opening riff though I sat down in front of the TV proper. Mind you, still a little blurry.

People were in awe.

Scythe
Originally posted by Scythe
WTF?! What's this I hear about the PS3 port not having backwards compatibility with GH 1 & 2? The controller won't work for them?

Can anyone give me some feedback on my question please?

Blax_Hydralisk
I honestly wouldn't be surprised..

PS3 and "compatibility" don't go hand in hand anymore. A shame 'cause the PS2 rocked.

EDIT- I was checking around the web and the general consensus that I picked up is that they're not.

Scythe
I honestly wouldn't be surprised..

PS3 and "compatibility" don't go hand in hand anymore. A shame 'cause the PS2 rocked.

EDIT- I was checking around the web and the general consensus that I picked up is that they're not.

Ah, shit. Thanks man, but from what I've recollected, the same goes for my findings. F*ck, the hell am I supposed to do with my GH 2 game and controller?

MadMel
has anyone got the wii version?
is it any good compared to the others?

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by MadMel
has anyone got the wii version?
is it any good compared to the others?

its almost like a port of the ps2 version, same loading screens and similar look in terms of graphics, except you get to tilt the wiimote to use starpower and it makes noises

MadMel
thats fine by me..

xNIXSONx
something bout new Classic Rock Song Pack for GH3 coming out soon

Journey - "Anyway You Want It"
Boston - "Peace of Mind"
Foreigner - "Jukebox Hero"

dawsey28
I hate that Slayer Song. Its the only one I have trouble beating.

DarkC
Originally posted by dawsey28
I hate that Slayer Song. Its the only one I have trouble beating.
Mosh is annoying as f**k.

~KoK!~
Ah, shit. Thanks man, but from what I've recollected, the same goes for my findings. F*ck, the hell am I supposed to do with my GH 2 game and controller? What you do, is you buy a Ps3 to USB converter. Costs, like, 2 dollars.

Oh, and I just started playing on Expert yesterday, and I kicked slash's ass so hard, it wasn't funny.

Scythe
Originally posted by ~KoK!~
What you do, is you buy a Ps3 to USB converter. Costs, like, 2 dollars.

Oh, and I just started playing on Expert yesterday, and I kicked slash's ass so hard, it wasn't funny.

Thanks, I bought it for the Wii.

dawsey28
I wish the pause button wasn't so close to the whammi bar. Nothing pisses me of more than accidentally pressing the pause button during gameplay.

~KoK!~
Thanks, I bought it for the Wii. My bad. I assumed with all teh PS2/Ps3 discussion regarding the topic, that you had it for PS3. My bad.

Barker
Well, my brother in law bought this, but it's going to be at my house for a while. biscuits

I'm okay on Easy, but blow on Medium. haermm

And I can't ****ing use star power without pressing Select. ermmnone

DarkC
On my guitar the motion is reversed so instead of tilting it way up I have to make a motion like I'm chopping goddamn wood.

dawsey28
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99xBC7WtfZU

No orange button? No Hard or expert mode?

Barker
Originally posted by Barker
Well, my brother in law bought this, but it's going to be at my house for a while. biscuits

I'm okay on Easy, but blow on Medium. haermm

And I can't ****ing use star power without pressing Select. ermmnone
A month later, I can pass most songs on Hard, but that means three star performances. uhuh

Smasandian
I played Rock Band and going to pick it up but it really sucks I cant use that guitar for GH2 and 3.

Barker
Too lazy to make a new thread, new GameInformer arrived: Guitar Hero 4 will pretty much be Rock Band with custom songs.

Blax_Hydralisk
Custom songs? If that's what I think it is.

Oh god. Yes.

jaden101
believe there is also a guitar hero: aerosmith coming out later in the year...i wonder what that'll be about stick out tongue

Phucked Up
I'm starting to master Hard and I've already got a few 4 star performances on Expert.

@st
Custom songs? If that's what I think it is.

Oh god. Yes.

New GH4 drum set... http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5021/1001301fy8.th.jpg

jaden101
Originally posted by @st
New GH4 drum set... http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5021/1001301fy8.th.jpg

cool...3 pads, 2 cymbols and a kick makes 6 though...they using 6 bars for the drums on it?

Phucked Up
Originally posted by jaden101
cool...3 pads, 2 cymbols and a kick makes 6 though...they using 6 bars for the drums on it?

I wonder if the cymbals will work as one button, so you can choose whichever is closest to you for when you need to hit the cymbal.

jaden101
Originally posted by Phucked Up
I wonder if the cymbals will work as one button, so you can choose whichever is closest to you for when you need to hit the cymbal.

mmm....well one's orange and one's yellow on the pic and it's the pedal that doesn't have a colour so i don't know how they'll work it

on rock band the pedal is the orange button

unless they're planning on just introducing a 6th button on the guitar as well...guess it would make things more difficult for the people who are getting used to guitar hero games

chithappens
OMFG, who the hell can beat Cliffs of Dover on Expert?

It's driving me f'ing crazy. I don't know how I've gotten so far without hammer ons but this shit is impossible now...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.