Question about Justice #3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kuhne
I first have to say these 3 series (justice, 1, 2 and 3) were fun to read and the drawings were incredible but there were somethings I could have lived without, all in all it was a good experience to read.

Spoiler alert

Anyways, my question is, theres a point in justice #3 in which Captain Marvel turns evil and he starts banging on the door of the fortress of solitude and superman comes and stops him and they both kind of crash into something, then superman says something like " i am sorry billy, I trully am" and "boom" I don't see what happened, the next image doesn't show superman it just shows captain marvel owned... then flying fast against an ice mountain and crashing as if superman had punched him but they didn't show the punch. what the hell happened here? after this marvel comes back but then he is stoped by green lantern. and turned "good" again.

What happened in this sequence? the one thing I can think of is that Alex Ross just couldn't bring himself down to drawing superman punching his favorite hero captain marvel but he knew he had to so he left it to the "viewers eye" to decide? cos if anything's consisten in Ross
work is the extreme biased points toward's captain marvel, I love the character but every comic with marvel in it is like a complete tribute to how great he is constantly giving us hints at how much greater he is than superman, saving superman from bizarro and solomon and the parasite or owning bizarro easily while superman is having some trouble with black adam or even saying Marvel is faster than superman cos he has the speed of mercury? they even show marvel destroying kryptonite with his own hands, it's hint after hint which leads me to believe alex ross is not as big a superman fan as he claims.. but when they did confront each other in justice #3 superman kind of easily owned marvel with a punch. (at least thats what I tought happened)...

I sometimes wonder if it were up to Ross he would make comics with marvel constantly beating superman but the DC higher ups allways make him create some kind of sequence to show superman being superior if only for one page.

Also remember Kingdom Come, alex ross did his best to show marvel being stronger but in the end he had to draw superman wining that fight, as much as it seemed to dislike him.

ankur29
i don't think ross writes the script but anyhow (normal superman at full power but no sundipping cheating) superman is physically superior to Captain Marvel & Black Adam by a small fraction or percentile like by 1% in terms of strength and speed and Wonderwoman would come third in the physical ranking sysytem after CM & BA on earth.

BA & CM make up for the small gap between themselves and superman by being of magical nature which slightly >superman.
Hence why they are absolute equals and evenly matched!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.