Evidence needed to ban someone as a sock?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dual Account
I have been asked to start this thread by my friend Bob. Who was recently banned from this forum as a "Sock", I work with computers and am aware sock checkers can detect proxy servers. Bob was not using a proxy. Moderators please check my i.p. and you will see I am not a sock or on a proxy either. My friend Bob also posted from an i.p. that was not on your records. He was using a London i.p. I am not. My i.p. is not a London i.p. however. Bob asked me to post this because I am one of his friends who live 60 miles from London. I would like to ask on Bobs behalf why you banned him as a sock. His account was "Alt Account". An amusing joke. Your sock checker will show you I am not a sock as it did him, so where was your evidence?

Captain Rex did the banning, so Captain Rex on Bobs behalf I am mainly asking you.

What evidence did you have?

If you're honest, you'll admit you had none!

Grand_Moff_Gav
How dare you question Captain Rex!

Schecter
yawn

what are you gonna do? sue?

King Kandy
There are some sock checkers that can detect Proxies...

But not ours. We have a sucky one.

BlackC@
The administrater can read someone's IP address. If two IP addresses are the same then obvously someone's a sock.

Zeal Ex Nihilo
Originally posted by Dual Account
I have been asked to start this thread by my friend Bob. Who was recently banned from this forum as a "Sock", I work with computers and am aware sock checkers can detect proxy servers. Bob was not using a proxy. Moderators please check my i.p. and you will see I am not a sock or on a proxy either. My friend Bob also posted from an i.p. that was not on your records. He was using a London i.p. I am not. My i.p. is not a London i.p. however. Bob asked me to post this because I am one of his friends who live 60 miles from London. I would like to ask on Bobs behalf why you banned him as a sock. His account was "Alt Account". An amusing joke. Your sock checker will show you I am not a sock as it did him, so where was your evidence?

Captain Rex did the banning, so Captain Rex on Bobs behalf I am mainly asking you.

What evidence did you have?

If you're honest, you'll admit you had none!
lol b& nub

gtfo

(Personally, I'd use seven proxies.)

Toku King
I knew it! Captain Kangaroo DID kill Mary Poppins, didn't he? Didn't he?!?!?!?!

Dual Account
Originally posted by BlackC@
The administrater can read someone's IP address. If two IP addresses are the same then obvously someone's a sock.

Well the "Administrator" did no find two i.p. addresses the same.

Captain Rex I ask again beyond supposition where was your proof about Alt. Account?

Ushgarak
Please do not open this kind of thread; raise the issue in private with the mod concerned.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.