Superman, Thor, Nova vs Silver Surfer, Wonderwoman, BlackBolt

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SuperiorTech
http://www.imagehost.ro/pict/21081612471ae09cd4131.jpghttp://www.imagehost.ro/pict/21082707471ae32b96fe8.jpg

http://www.imagehost.ro/pict/21082831471ae37fb5530.jpg

vs

http://www.imagehost.ro/pict/21083116471ae424a5cfa.jpghttp://www.imagehost.ro/pict/21083225471ae46929d56.jpg

http://www.imagehost.ro/pict/21085100471ae8c4122c6.jpg

Superman
Thor(Classic thor)
Nova

vs

Silver Surfer
Wonderwoman
BlackBolt

nvrbeenwthagirl
I am hung. It's a good fight. But I see Black Bolt and Nova as both weak links. Surfer is the strongest link. I think nova is superior to bb tho. at least in full power. Superman and Thor are more steady and present a real challenge to Surfer and WW. Superman beats WW more often than Not due to his superior Speed. Thor will Tie her due to him being a slug. Surfer Beats Superman due to matter manip or energy suck, But he doesn't beat thor so easily becuz thor's hammer will block most of his energy based attacks and surfer is no brawler. Smart Thing to do is for WW and Surfer to throw up and instant shield and let BB rip out a holler or two.

Harry Fingerman
I was going to give it to team two, but then I seen Wonder Woman...

SpookySmurph
Originally posted by Harry Fingerman
I was going to give it to team two, but then I seen Wonder Woman... Agreed.

Silver Surfer and Black Bolt alone could at least stand a small chance, but when you give them Wonder Woman... they'll get annihilated...

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Harry Fingerman
I was gonna give it to team One, then I saw Nova. roll eyes (sarcastic)

SuperiorTech
Originally posted by SpookySmurph
Agreed.

Silver Surfer and Black Bolt alone could at least stand a small chance, but when you give them Wonder Woman... they'll get annihilated...

So you think ww is the weak link on that team?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
So you think ww is the weak link on that team?

They only do that to annoy me. Please over look them.

SpookySmurph
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
So you think ww is the weak link on that team? Please. Wonder Woman, seeing men on all sides of the battle field, is gonna get so confused about where to help out, that her female brain will overload, and she'll run right back to the kitchen.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by SpookySmurph
Please. Wonder Woman, seeing men on all sides of the battle field, is gonna get so confused about where to help out, that her female brain will overload, and she'll run right back to the kitchen.

Thor is prettier than she is, he's halfway on his way to being queer, Surfer has no cock, that he can get to anyway, nova is a kid, and Black bolt can't tell her how beautiful she is. The only one who is worth anything is superman. And he's a lame. He didn't get any when he could have in the thousand year war.

SpookySmurph
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Black bolt can't tell her how beautiful she is. Weakest excuse there.

Priest
Team One

Photon009
This is close. Nova and Thor are the strongest links here, and theyre both on Team 1, but Superman's the weakest link because of all his weaknesses. So Surfer would quickly put down Supes by exploiting ne of his many weaknesses, Thor would quickly beat down Wonder Woman, she may not be too far in strength from him, but in overall power she's very far behind, and on top of that she doesnt have the durability to keep up with charged Mjolnir shots. And Nova would totally destroy Black Bolt. Even Black Bolt's voice wouldnt really help here, Nova's durability and shields are as good as they come. Straight up, Nova's stronger, faster, more durable, more versatile, better reflexes, just better in pretty much everything so if BB goes in swinging he's gonna get knocked the **** out. And Nova was right in the middle of Galactus' solar system destroying blast in Annihilation #6, and survived. It looked like he was weakened afterwards, but it's still impressive cause it looked like he didnt even put up a shield, and only had time to put one up around Phyla and Peter Quill. So BB's voice shouldnt be a problem for Nova. So then it comes down to Nova and Thor vs the Surfer. If Surfer fights smart, he could MAYBE take out one of these guys as they might be a little weakened from their previous fights, but he aint taking both out. Team 1 wins.

The Pict
Originally posted by Photon009
but Superman's the weakest link because of all his weaknesses.s.

Besides Surfer he's the most durable fighter there. He has like 2 weaknesses, and who says Surfer knows them?

I reckon BB gets speed blitzed, leaving Team 2 at a disadvantage.

SpookySmurph
Originally posted by The Pict
Besides Surfer he's the most durable fighter there. He has like 2 weaknesses, and who says Surfer knows them?

I reckon BB gets speed blitzed, leaving Team 2 at a disadvantage. Surfer or Wonder Woman are fast enough to run interference on an attempted speed blitz, and Surfer can just blast the attacker or shield Black Bolt.

Besides, Surfer and Wonder Woman are gonna be attacked first as they'll be viewed as the most dangerous.

I'm unfamiliar with Nova; any info on his strength, speed, and power output?

Phenomenol
I give this to Thor, Nova and Supes!

Thor has whooped the Surfer's cheeks before, Supes would struggle with Wonder Woman but he will win in a close match, and Nova should be able to put Blackbolt down!

Gecko4lif
Im going to say team 2.

If everybody was at peak of power id say team 1 in a heartbeat

guy222
bumprav

Galan007
Originally posted by Eel O'Brian
Please. Wonder Woman, seeing men on all sides of the battle field, is gonna get so confused about where to help out, that her female brain will overload, and she'll run right back to the kitchen. haermm2

guy222
Black Bolt

http://e.imagehost.org/t/0844/SI_InHumans011.jpg http://e.imagehost.org/t/0619/SI_InHumans015.jpg http://e.imagehost.org/t/0030/SI_InHumans017.jpg http://e.imagehost.org/t/0426/SI_InHumans018.jpg

quanchi112
Team 1 wins.

ultimatethor
Team 2 wins. Surfer takes supes fairly easily, Thor takes wonderwoman and Blackbolt takes Nova. 2-1 in favor of team 2.

Juntai
Team 1.

Harbinger
Originally posted by Cavalier
Please. Wonder Woman, seeing men on all sides of the battle field, is gonna get so confused about where to help out, that her female brain will overload, and she'll run right back to the kitchen.

Lulz.

Sasaraixx
Originally posted by Harbinger
Lulz.

Anyway . . .

Team 2. Surfer is the decider. He takes out Supes fairly easily. BB beats Nova. Thor > WW but she might be able to hold on long enough for Surfer to come over after he finishes up with Clark. Cosmic Awareness must be nice Happy Dance

quanchi112
Originally posted by ultimatethor
Team 2 wins. Surfer takes supes fairly easily, Thor takes wonderwoman and Blackbolt takes Nova. 2-1 in favor of team 2. What if Thor engages Surfer instead of Superman?

ultimatethor
Originally posted by quanchi112
What if Thor engages Surfer instead of Superman?

Surfer will likely detect the energy signature of superman and go after him. IF thor engages surfer however, though the match will take longer, Surfer would still take out thor, Superman would take out wonderwoman( after a godd fight), and BB would take out nova. still team 2 wins 2-1.

Bouboumaster
Team 2

quanchi112
Surfer will likely detect the energy signature of superman and go after him. IF thor engages surfer however, though the match will take longer, Surfer would still take out thor, Superman would take out wonderwoman( after a godd fight), and BB would take out nova. still team 2 wins 2-1. When has Surfer ever taken out Thor under his own power?

ultimatethor
When has Surfer ever taken out Thor under his own power?

Surfer and thor have only fought like two times. One was a stalemate with surfer having the slight upperhand(though he was amped by loki he was weakened as well so it balances out), the other was bllod and thunder in which thor was amped.

quanchi112
Surfer and thor have only fought like two times. One was a stalemate with surfer having the slight upperhand(though he was amped by loki he was weakened as well so it balances out), the other was bllod and thunder in which thor was amped. Thor wasnt amped in that arc. Thats the difference. Thor annihilated the Surfer and beat his ass with Warlock. He beat him twice in one arc.

Red Hulk
Thor wasnt amped in that arc. Thats the difference. Thor annihilated the Surfer and beat his ass with Warlock. He beat him twice in one arc. If you believe he wasn't amped, then how the hell do you think Sentry would do good against Thor, and Hulk would as well?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Red Hulk
If you believe he wasn't amped, then how the hell do you think Sentry would do good against Thor, and Hulk would as well? Because they are physical beats while the Surfer and warlock are not.

Red Hulk
Because they are physical beats while the Surfer and warlock are not. Surfer is more durable than Hulk and Sentry, and makes up for his lack of physical showings with high end blasts... and Warlock adds to it, since he's also pretty powerful.

If you beat Surfer and Warlock at normal levels easily, then I can't see how Sentry or Hulk would last longer...

IMO.

darthgoober
Because they are physical beats while the Surfer and warlock are not.
Huh?

quanchi112
Surfer is more durable than Hulk and Sentry, and makes up for his lack of physical showings with high end blasts... and Warlock adds to it, since he's also pretty powerful.

If you beat Surfer and Warlock at normal levels easily, then I can't see how Sentry or Hulk would last longer...

IMO. Hulk's healing factor and mentality edge the Surfer's pacifist attitude.

It was pretty impressive,but these two cant stand up to him physically. Sentry can take him head on and so can the Hulk. Surfer would need to keep him at bay and change his attitude to defeat him...IMO.

Bada's Palin
Originally posted by darthgoober
Huh?

He thinks Surfer only has energy blasts smile

Kill him with scans.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Bada's Palin
He thinks Surfer only has energy blasts smile

Kill him with scans.
Surely he's not that silly...

But seriously, did he mean "beasts"?

Bada's Palin
Originally posted by darthgoober
Surely he's not that silly...

But seriously, did he mean "beasts"?

He also seems to mistake Surfer's patience for weakness.

xJLxKing
This match depends on the matchup. If Superman confronts SS, then Team 2 wins. However, if Superman attacks BlackBolt and Thor attacks SS, then Team 1 stands in a good position to win.

Red Hulk
Hulk's healing factor and mentality edge the Surfer's pacifist attitude.

It was pretty impressive,but these two cant stand up to him physically. Sentry can take him head on and so can the Hulk. Surfer would need to keep him at bay and change his attitude to defeat him...IMO. ugh...

So, you never answered the question about durability.

no expression

Although, if we're using WM Thor as regular Thor, he was also able to get the upper hand against Maxam and PG Drax... so, that still begs the question of why you think Sentry and Hulk can stand up to him besides it fitting your argument...

The Great Galen
?...wow

ultimatethor
Thor wasnt amped in that arc. Thats the difference. Thor annihilated the Surfer and beat his ass with Warlock. He beat him twice in one arc.

Thor was definitely operating at higher power levels than he normally does, in that particular arc. He was able to dominate multiple high level top tiers at the same time. Thor has never operated on levels like that before and has not repeated such a performance since his "madness period". Frankly if thats the thor we will start using as normal thor we might as well bump him up to trans level.

kgkg
Thor wasnt amped in that arc. Thats the difference. Thor annihilated the Surfer and beat his ass with Warlock. He beat him twice in one arc. Thing is he was smile

He had a madness as noted by Odin even if no power ups was mentioned it doesn't take a Guinness to figure he was operating at higher level epically after he got WTF owned with easier opponents since that event.

another note is that SS was holding back according to him

smile

Enyalus
Originally posted by Sasaraixx
Anyway . . .

Team 2. Surfer is the decider. He takes out Supes fairly easily. BB beats Nova. Thor > WW but she might be able to hold on long enough for Surfer to come over after he finishes up with Clark. Cosmic Awareness must be nice Happy Dance

Save for the dancing banana, ^ is a beautiful post.

Silent Guardian

laughing laughing I know right. I was thinking the same thing. I don't know everybody is real tough on her so it will be a good fight. Not sure how Tough Nova is. But WW might be the weakest. Again I do not know how strong Nova is though. I think the Silver Surfer might be the deciding factor. It comes down to whether he wins or loses against Thor and Superman. Than I do not know how BB would do against Thor or Superman, I would assume he loses. But Silver Surfer might be tough enough to win it all.

Raoul
if thor goes up against norrin, team 1 imo...

not sure otherwise...

EkinEku
wonder woman almost peaced out supes she can take thor, and surfer is a beast so i give it to team 2, i dont know much about nova but black bolt is almost tough as supes

Silent Guardian
Originally posted by EkinEku
wonder woman almost peaced out supes she can take thor, and surfer is a beast so i give it to team 2, i dont know much about nova but black bolt is almost tough as supes

disagree. Thor and Supes can both take WW. Not saying they trounce her, but they would win in a straight up fight. They are stronger/more durable and Supes is faster. I also don't know about Nova but I think he is pretty tough. Not a push over at least.

Sasaraixx
Surfer will likely detect the energy signature of superman and go after him. IF thor engages surfer however, though the match will take longer, Surfer would still take out thor, Superman would take out wonderwoman( after a godd fight), and BB would take out nova. still team 2 wins 2-1.

I agree. The most likely outcome is that Surfer will go after Superman after he detects his energy. Also, assuming Diana knows what Surfer is capable of, she would tell him to go after Clark, knowing what his powers could do to him.

Even if Surfer did go after Thor, team 2 would still get 2 wins and I think WW could keep Clark at bay long enough for a double team. She'd have an easier time with Clark than she would Thor imo. (Read: easier, not easy).

quanchi112
ugh...

So, you never answered the question about durability.

no expression

Although, if we're using WM Thor as regular Thor, he was also able to get the upper hand against Maxam and PG Drax... so, that still begs the question of why you think Sentry and Hulk can stand up to him besides it fitting your argument... Thor didnt have warrior madness in that arc. Thats a misconception.

Thor wasnt holding back while like any character beefs him up just like Hulk,Sentry,etc.

Drax was a moron and didnt properly tap into the gem. If he had he would have annihilated Thor. He was a walking imbecile.

I think both Hulk and the Sentry are more than Maxam.

What was your question concerning durability?

quanchi112
Thor was definitely operating at higher power levels than he normally does, in that particular arc. He was able to dominate multiple high level top tiers at the same time. Thor has never operated on levels like that before and has not repeated such a performance since his "madness period". Frankly if thats the thor we will start using as normal thor we might as well bump him up to trans level. He wasnt holding back thats all. He wasnt operating at a higher power level. Just because he was trashing opponents tha doesnt alone count as proof to back up your theory.

Originally posted by kgkg
Thing is he was smile

He had a madness as noted by Odin even if no power ups was mentioned it doesn't take a Guinness to figure he was operating at higher level epically after he got WTF owned with easier opponents since that event.

another note is that SS was holding back according to him

smile There was no amp or poweru puntil he received the power gem. Surfer stated he cant hold back anymore. Get your facts straight. smile

kgkg
He wasnt holding back thats all. He wasnt operating at a higher power level. Just because he was trashing opponents tha doesnt alone count as proof to back up your theory.

There was no amp or poweru puntil he received the power gem. he wasn't holding back in later issues as well roll eyes (sarcastic) Thor will stop holding back when he nearly beaten to death smile . Like i said he had the Madness and we have never seen this Thor since than

Apparently he still was until Thor got the powergem smile

Juntai
he wasn't holding back in later issues as well roll eyes (sarcastic) Thor will stop holding back when he nearly beaten to death smile . Like i said he had the Madness and we have never seen this Thor since than

Apparently he still was until Thor got the powergem smile That scan seems more of a call-to-arms, prepare yourselves, type of thing, than anything suggesting he was truly holding back.
Even professional fighters are often saying similar quotes, when discussing their upcoming fight "this time I won't hold anything back", do you think they were holding back in their last fight?
http://www.rte.ie/sport/boxing/2008/1118/hattonr_malignaggip.html
Apperently, Hatton was holding back, when Mayweather romped him. Because he won't hold back in this fight!

But whatever floats your boat.

kgkg
Originally posted by Juntai
That scan seems more of a call-to-arms, prepare yourselves, type of thing, than anything suggesting he was truly holding back.
Even professional fighters are often saying similar quotes, when discussing their upcoming fight "this time I won't hold anything back", do you think they were holding back in their last fight?
http://www.rte.ie/sport/boxing/2008/1118/hattonr_malignaggip.html
Apperently, Hatton was holding back, when Mayweather romped him. Because he won't hold back in this fight!

But whatever floats your boat. I think he was ! the different with Surfer is that he is always holding back. Unless he knows he is fighting someone of cosmic proportion.

Thor is his friend and he was not himself of course he will hold back. Try to kill and trying to contain someone are two different things.

am not saying Surfer would have done better if he had gone all out since. Thor in this arc was more powerful than his usual self.

But if someone who is known for holding back(surfer) says he is holding back fighting a friend who might be causing problem for the universe and says he will no longer hold back. I would believe that.

Saying all that , it did seem surfer tried pretty hard

big grin

quanchi112
he wasn't holding back in later issues as well roll eyes (sarcastic) Thor will stop holding back when he nearly beaten to death smile . Like i said he had the Madness and we have never seen this Thor since than

Apparently he still was until Thor got the powergem smile You have no proof. Thor was out to kill anyone who got in his way and was doing a fine job of tearing through anyone who got in his way...until Thanos that is. smile

Should I put up the scan where Surfer announces he isnt holding back anymore against Thor before he got the power gem. Seriously,reread the arc.

Juntai
I think he was ! the different with Surfer is that he is always holding back. Unless he knows he is fighting someone of cosmic proportion.

Thor is his friend and he was not himself of course he will hold back. Try to kill and trying to contain someone are two different things.

am not saying Surfer would have done better if he had gone all out since. Thor in this arc was more powerful than his usual self.

But if someone who is known for holding back(surfer) says he is holding back fighting a friend who might be causing problem for the universe and says he will no longer hold back. I would believe that.

Saying all that , it did seem surfer tried pretty hard

big grin I'll agree with the friend deal, but just because you don't want to destroy them, that doesn't mean you aren't using the neccisary means to put him down to put an end to him or his rampage either.

kgkg
You have no proof. Thor was out to kill anyone who got in his way and was doing a fine job of tearing through anyone who got in his way...until Thanos that is. smile

Should I put up the scan where Surfer announces he isnt holding back anymore against Thor before he got the power gem. Seriously,reread the arc. Thor is a good guy and your so call scan comes before mine so obviously he was still hold back as the scan i just posted comes after he gets the POWERGEM smile

and when have you seen this Thor after the madness was gone never so I suggest you read it (since you keep insisted i do it)smile Thor has never operated at this level since the madness.

kgkg
Originally posted by Juntai
I'll agree with the friend deal, but just because you don't want to destroy them, that doesn't mean you aren't using the neccisary means to put him down to put an end to him or his rampage either. Problem with Thor is he would probably have to kill him to stop him. Surfer did try to put him down and it did not work.

With this madness his stamina and durability looked pretty high(from his average self)

quanchi112
Thor is a good guy and your so call scan comes before mine so obviously he was still hold back as the scan i just posted comes after he gets the POWERGEM smile

and when have you seen this Thor after the madness was gone never so I suggest you read it (since you keep insisted i do it)smile Thor has never operated at this level since the madness. No,he didnt hold back on his own. Later he didnt hold back with the team. He didnt hold back in both instances. You claiming he did is ignoring on panel statements.

The madness was never stated to increase his powers. He is a hero and was out of his mind and out to kill. Normal Thor doesnt go around trying to butcher his friends. Thats the difference.

quanchi112
Problem with Thor is he would probably have to kill him to stop him. Surfer did try to put him down and it did not work.

With this madness his stamina and durability looked pretty high(from his average self) Give me one statement that adds to your theory he was amped. He only received an amp when he got the power gem.

kgkg
Give me one statement that adds to your theory he was amped. He only received an amp when he got the power gem.
When i gave you statement from surfer holding back it's not good so what would this matter?

OK
few things
1.)Thor had the madness
2.)Without Gem he was still beating on Adam, Surfer etc

Now since the the madness has gone hasn't done anything like that and his durability hasn't been that high also as you can see if you have read issue after that ark where he gets K.o and has trouble with like of Gladiator etc.

therefore Thor was more than his optimal level! people don't need statement when shit is so obvious smile

If you can show that Thor can operate at those level than sure I will buy it

ultimatethor
Originally posted by Sasaraixx
I agree. The most likely outcome is that Surfer will go after Superman after he detects his energy. Also, assuming Diana knows what Surfer is capable of, she would tell him to go after Clark, knowing what his powers could do to him.

Even if Surfer did go after Thor, team 2 would still get 2 wins and I think WW could keep Clark at bay long enough for a double team. She'd have an easier time with Clark than she would Thor imo. (Read: easier, not easy).

True, i also think she would have an easier time with clark than thor. Mainly because she has fought with supes on numerous occasioms and the nature of thors powers. She would be able to at least hold him off long enough for one of her teamates to come give her some assistance. And that would be the end for supes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.