If Drax can kill Thanos, can Wolverine kill him easier ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mikeros
Yes or not ?

CaptainStoic
The answer is no. Drax was created for the sole purpose of destroying Thanos. Something in his genetic code, (Drax) makes Thanos vulnerable to Drax. Wolverine will not fair as well.

Mikeros
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
The answer is no. Drax was created for the sole purpose of destroying Thanos. Something in his genetic code, (Drax) makes Thanos vulnerable to Drax. Wolverine will not fair as well.

Pad said James calws can cut everything. Thanos does not own an healing factor.

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by Mikeros

But he owns enough strength to crack Wolverine's ass in two pieces. Oh! but if thats not enough he could boil the flesh off of Logan with Plasma blasts. Also he is an Eternal and can heal himself via molecular recomposition... there are simply too many ways that the Mad Titan would end this little farce that there aren't enough letters in the alphabet to describe them.

Who the hell is James?

Mikeros
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
But he owns enough strength to crack Wolverine's ass in two pieces. Oh! but if thats not enough he could boil the flesh off of Logan with Plasma blasts. Also he is an Eternal and can heal himself via molecular recomposition... there are simply too many ways that the Mad Titan would end this little farce that there aren't enough letters in the alphabet to describe them.

Who the hell is James?

Wolverine is James and James is Wolverine.

James can cut thanos head off easy.

CaptainStoic
okay, you got one part right James Howlett, who now goes by the name of Logan. That is the only part that you have gotten right, but let's get one thing straight, Thanos does not have to let him cut anything off, he has personal sheilds that will not be cut by adamantium claws. What does James have that will protect him from Thanos if he shoots him with plasma? Not much. Wolverine may not be able to be killed which is debatable when up against an opponent like Thanos, but he can still be rendered unconcious by Thanos' superior might.

Here read this:
http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/t/thanos.htm
and then think on how Wolverine is going to beat Thanos.

llagrok

Thanos is an eternal.

Shows how much you know.

Bad Ash231
Originally posted by llagrok
Thanos is an eternal.

Shows how much you know.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/DraxStrikes00-1.jpg

Shows how much comics know. dur

Mikeros
Originally posted by Bad Ash231
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/DraxStrikes00-1.jpg

Shows how much comics know. dur

Sweet. Wolverine should kill this guy.

Gecko4lif
DO you know who Drax is?

Did you even read the story?

Laminator_X
Drax is unique. Thanos's grandfather the Eternal-turned-space-god Chronos created Drax using Arthur Douglas's soul and a golem body made of soil&stone. He imbued him with a portion of his cosmic power (the same power that gave the Eternals their mega-durability) for the specific purpose of ending the threat of Thanos.

Drax is a magic silver-bullet where Thanos is concerned. No one else has ever ben able to harm Thanos this way. Ever.

Hannibal-Lector

oh boy... im not gonna touch this argument.... just heads up, if you dont know anything about one of the characters (or both) dont post or you may end up embarrassing yourself

lando005
Sweet. Wolverine should kill this guy. do you even know what your talking about?

Bad Ash231

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/elrond_small.jpg

D-Block
Wolverine can get killed trying to fight Thanos.

Kurash
even if wolverine could somehow get past his shields he really shouldnt be able to cut thanos

The Pict

http://firasd.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/stop-posting.jpg

FearOfBlood
Wolverine can't kill or beat Thanos, while he would rape Darkseid and Orion any day of the week, twice on sunday.

Kurash
Originally posted by FearOfBlood
Wolverine can't kill or beat Thanos, while he would rape Darkseid and Orion any day of the week, twice on sunday.

thumb up THIS GUY HAS THE RIGHT IDEA! OF COURSE HE DOES!!! Happy Dance Logan could take huc and morg and darkseid cause of his uberest 1337 healz factorials!!!@!

Phenomenol
Originally posted by Kurash
even if wolverine could somehow get past his shields he really shouldnt be able to cut thanos

What?

If Wolverine got passed Thanos shields he WILL be able to cut Thanos with ease.

Thanos got pwned by Drax, period.

Gecko4lif
LMFAO!!!!!!

You are the funniset dude ever

Give me your address so i can hand deliver my lulz to you.

Silent Master
That it like saying, Superman got hurt by a kryptonite round fired from a chain gun, therefore a normal bullet fired from a .22 will also hurt him.

Phenomenol
LOL!

The point is Wolverine CAN kill Thanos but that is unless he gets a chance.

Silent Master
No, he can't.

Gecko4lif
just ignore him silent

everybody else does

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by Phenomenol
LOL!

Your grammar is wrong. I think what you meant to say was, "The point is Wolverine CAN GET killED BY Thanos but that is unless he gets a chance."

No worries mate. We can always blame the education system. stick out tongue

Kurash
LOL!

no he cannot

Sundipped
If Wolvie snuck up behind Thanos he should be able to gash him. Is Thanos invulnerable to admantium? Did I miss something?

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by Sundipped
If Wolvie snuck up behind Thanos he should be able to gash him. Is Thanos invulnerable to admantium? Did I miss something?
*wolverine gashes thanos*
Wolverine : You time is up bub!
*Thanos spins around*
Thanos: I dont think so worm!
*thanos wwh's wolverine*

10/10

Harry Fingerman
LOL!

http://www.acc.umu.se/~zqad/cats/1174330218-1174130692444.jpg

Sundipped
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
*wolverine gashes thanos*
Wolverine : You time is up bub!
*Thanos spins around*
Thanos: I dont think so worm!
*thanos wwh's wolverine*

10/10

Of course it's Thanos 10/10 but does Wolvie have the ability to gash Thanos all the way through with his claws if given a clean shot?

Space M ummy

yes, you did. As someone else pointed out, Thanos is an eternal.

Thanos is technically a mutant cross between a titanian eternal and Mentor (who hailed from earth.) Usually this means that his abilities would be weaker than a true earth eternal, however Thanos has received a RIDICULOUS number of upgrades from everything from cybernetics, to SEVERAL upgrades by the abstract death, and once from the HOTU. He's currently the most powerful Eternal that exists.

Looking at thanos' brother Starfox (who would be around the power level thanos would have been sans upgrades) Even HE has superhuman durability and a healing factor.

Eternals can NOT be killed by anything short of molecular discorporation. period. They'll just heal up and/or reform.

Wolverine could stab Thanos a hundred thousand times. It makes no difference. Drax only did what he did because Thanos' grandfather (who is responsible for the powers of all eternals) designed him to be able to cancel out Thanos' powers and kill him. There's nothing else in the known universe that will affect Thanos that way.

Gecko4lif
Of course it's Thanos 10/10 but does Wolvie have the ability to gash Thanos all the way through with his claws if given a clean shot?
Maximum halfway.

Violent2Dope
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/elrond_small.jpg I'm profiling this. Wolverine would beat Thanos in a single picosecond.

King Kandy
LOL!

That WOULD be true except Thanos can REGENERATE!

FearOfBlood
Originally posted by King Kandy
That WOULD be true except Thanos can REGENERATE!

laughing

Kurash
laughing

dur

lando005
may i point out one thing here... the board's #1 wolverine poster boy battlehammer hasn't posted in here yet. Now one will fine him in every thread that so much as mentions wolverine and he will defend him to the end. But the sheer fact that even he wont touch this thread proves how spiteful and stupid this is

Phenomenol
do ANY of you know anything about comics (I think not)

When the Hell has Thanos ever been immune to adamantium? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Did you guys miss the time when Thanos got his @#$ Gashed by Wolverine in IG(Lucky he had the gauntlet to turn wolves bones into Jelly)?

Hell Drax gashed his ass with his hand, the many of you are morons if you think Thanos won't be gashed by Wolverine's claws.

Laminator_X

Did you guys miss the time when Thanos got his @#$ Gashed by Wolverine in IG(Lucky he had the gauntlet to turn wolves bones into Jelly)?

Hell Drax gashed his ass with his hand, the many of you are morons if you think Thanos won't be gashed by Wolverine's claws.

Congratulations. I just reported someone for the first time in three years. I don't take kindly to being called a moron.

Blight
PR I TOLD you I was going to going to tell you to shut threads down! DO THIS ONE!!! mad

Violent2Dope

Hell Drax gashed his ass with his hand, the many of you are morons if you think Thanos won't be gashed by Wolverine's claws. Reported. big grin

Blight
I'M SERIOUS, PR DO IT NOOOOOOOOOOOW furious

Kurash

bashing + stupidity = reported

Lord Prime
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/elrond_small.jpg

eek! laughing eek! laughing

Gecko4lif
What?

If Wolverine got passed Thanos shields he WILL be able to cut Thanos with ease.

Thanos got pwned by Drax, period.
Drax is the anti-thanos

and hundreds of times stronger then wolverine.

Just hurry up and get banned

Laminator_X
The Flawed Premise at the front of all this is that Wolvie is somehow more lethal than Drax. While he's not smashing planets in half any more, he still decapitated Lunatik in a single blow from a scavenged knife. No Adamantium required. There's a Destroyer respect thread. If anyone has any doubts, just read it.

Laminator_X
(accedental double post deleted)

nvrbeenwthagirl
What is just astounding, is that it was the weakest form of Drax that pwned Thanos. That is what takes away the credibility of Drax and the whole Him being the silver bullet thing. When he was created, His creator made him uber powerful to be a match for thanos. That is what the creator meant. If he only meant to make drax a silver bullet, he wouldn't have endowed drax with all of that power. I don't buy the whole drax is thanos' silver bullet argument now that I think about it.

BTW, Drax depowered>>>>>>>>>>>>Wolverine anyway. So the point is moot. Wolvie can not do it.

Phenomenol
Originally posted by Laminator_X
The Flawed Premise at the front of all this is that Wolvie is somehow more lethal than Drax. While he's not smashing planets in half any more, he still decapitated Lunatik in a single blow from a scavenged knife. No Adamantium required. There's a Destroyer respect thread. If anyone has any doubts, just read it.

Yes speaking of Lunatic, Lets not forget that Thanos monkey-ass HID from Lunatic! While Surfer went Toe-to-toe with Lunatic!

Yes, I agree with you on how Drax is not thanos Silver bullet. thumb up

I just don't know where you get the logic that Wolverine can NOT gash Thanos with his adamantium claws?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Yes speaking of Lunatic, Lets not forget that Thanos monkey-ass HID from Lunatic! While Surfer went Toe-to-toe with Lunatic!

Yes, I agree with you on how Drax is not thanos Silver bullet. thumb up

I just don't know where you get the logic that Wolverine can NOT gash Thanos with his adamantium claws?

The obvious thing is that Thanos while more powerful in energy projection than before isn't his old durable self. Since he did run from someone that Surfer went toe to toe with. And It's obvious that Drax is thousands of times stronger than Wolverine. thus wolverine still doesn't have the required strength to push his claws thru Thanos hide. And yes, Drax is not a silver bullet to thanos. Shame on the forum for such an idiotic thought process. Drax was created to basically be a match for thanos powerwise and durability wise. If he were the kryponite to thanos, he would have beaten thanos' ass earlier when he had more power AND was smart.

Kurash
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
The obvious thing is that Thanos while more powerful in energy projection than before isn't his old durable self. Since he did run from someone that Surfer went toe to toe with. And It's obvious that Drax is thousands of times stronger than Wolverine. thus wolverine still doesn't have the required strength to push his claws thru Thanos hide. And yes, Drax is not a silver bullet to thanos. Shame on the forum for such an idiotic thought process. Drax was created to basically be a match for thanos powerwise and durability wise. If he were the kryponite to thanos, he would have beaten thanos' ass earlier when he had more power AND was smart.

It was stated in annhiliation that he was a silver bullet to thanos. In fact it even used the term "silver bullet." Not only that but when Drax attempted to sneak up on Thanos with his shield up his daggers broke when he tried to pierce them through thanos' forcefield. Drax's hand went through the forcefield as if it wasnt there because he was the silver bullet to thanos. Whether he was originally intended to be merely an equal or not, it was pretty clear in annhiliation he was in fact a "silver bullet."

nvrbeenwthagirl
It was stated in annhiliation that he was a silver bullet to thanos. In fact it even used the term "silver bullet." Not only that but when Drax attempted to sneak up on Thanos with his shield up his daggers broke when he tried to pierce them through thanos' forcefield. Drax's hand went through the forcefield as if it wasnt there because he was the silver bullet to thanos. Whether he was originally intended to be merely an equal or not, it was pretty clear in annhiliation he was in fact a "silver bullet."

Which fails at logic. That is NOT how and what he was created to be. Had it been so, he would have been killed Thanos. BAD writing.

Kurash
Which fails at logic. That is NOT how and what he was created to be. Had it been so, he would have been killed Thanos. BAD writing.

well drax has been around for 35 years, maybe the character has changed a bit over time, there all subject to retcons

darthgoober
So now DC has exclusive rights to recton its characters?

Phenomenol

Great Job on disproving the Thanos fanboy's "ZOMG drax was Thanos silver bulletz thatz Y he lotz." smile

Now, I don't understand how you can say that Wolverine can't pierce Thanos when Wolverine DID pierce IG Thanos (but Wolvie's bones were turned into Jelly). I don't agree that Thanos will shrugg off adamantium claws.

TricksterPriest
It was kind of a weak retcon Goob. And why the hell is this not closed? blink

Kurash
Great Job on disproving the Thanos fanboy's "ZOMG drax was Thanos silver bulletz thatz Y he lotz." smile

Now, I don't understand how you can say that Wolverine can't pierce Thanos when Wolverine DID pierce IG Thanos (but Wolvie's bones were turned into Jelly). I don't agree that Thanos will shrugg off adamantium claws.

he didnt disprove anything and you are a moron

darthgoober

Laminator_X
It's neither bad writing nor a retcon. Chronos tried plan A with old-school Drax. Plan B with Big Dumb Drax, and Plan C with Current Drax. The Drax miniseries made a big point about the fact that he had changed.

WRT getting stabbed by Wolvie, it's one thing to poke a hole in an Eternal, quite another to kill one. Note Gaiman's recent Eternals mini where they only way they managed to do lasting harm to Icarus was by strapping him to a cyclotron and ripping him apart atom by atom, and even that was after days of wearing him down.

Harry Fingerman
Also, Drax had never glowed green in his career like he did in Annihilation, nor has he ever been so driven to kill Thanos before.

Oh well, I guess this isn't directed at the two most "coherent" people either... so, I'm just going to laugh at the response(s).

darthgoober
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
It was kind of a weak retcon Goob. And why the hell is this not closed? blink
Can you think of any that AREN'T weak laughing out loud .

Harry Fingerman
It's neither bad writing nor a retcon. Chronos tried plan A with old-school Drax. Plan B with Big Dumb Drax, and Plan C with Current Drax. The Drax miniseries made a big point about the fact that he had changed.

WRT getting stabbed by Wolvie, it's one thing to poke a hole in an Eternal, quite another to kill one. Note Gaiman's recent Eternals mini where they only way they managed to do lasting harm to Icarus was by strapping him to a cyclotron and ripping him apart atom by atom, and even that was after days of wearing him down.
Bottom of page.

nvrbeenwthagirl

It's still dumb writing. there are many beings superior to Chronos. If it was that easy to just make a silver Bullet for thanos, then why hasn't someone else came up with the idea? Like the IB? IB>>>>Cronos.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Harry Fingerman
Also, Drax had never glowed green in his career like he did in Annihilation, nor has he ever been so driven to kill Thanos before.

Oh well, I guess this isn't directed at the two most "coherent" people either... so, I'm just going to laugh at the response(s).

confused maybe you should wait before you post. And see what others have to say. I have already explained my reasoning after this pathetic attempt at insulting.

HueyFreeman
It's still dumb writing. there are many beings superior to Chronos. If it was that easy to just make a silver Bullet for thanos, then why hasn't someone else came up with the idea? Like the IB? IB>>>>Cronos. Because thanos being killed in Annihilation was for effect. I imagine there wasn't a large list of ways to accomplish this without being Pis induced on the writers behalf. Not the best retcon in history but far from the worst, Jason Todd anybody.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by HueyFreeman
Because thanos being killed in Annihilation was for effect. I imagine there wasn't a large list of ways to accomplish this without being Pis induced on the writers behalf. Not the best retcon in history but far from the worst, Jason Todd anybody.

Jason Todd was a fool, and so is this "retcon". The IB has the answer to everything, and yet he couldn't think of a silver bullet to kill thanos. Dumb Writing. Galactus couldn't think of a silver bullet to kill thanos? The gamesmaster? The HE. OMG. Rediculousness personified.

Harry Fingerman
confused maybe you should wait before you post. And see what others have to say. I have already explained my reasoning after this pathetic attempt at insulting. It's not an attempt to insult you, it's true.

Eg:

WRT getting stabbed by Wolvie, it's one thing to poke a hole in an Eternal, quite another to kill one. Note Gaiman's recent Eternals mini where they only way they managed to do lasting harm to Icarus was by strapping him to a cyclotron and ripping him apart atom by atom, and even that was after days of wearing him down. Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
It's still dumb writing. there are many beings superior to Chronos. If it was that easy to just make a silver Bullet for thanos, then why hasn't someone else came up with the idea? Like the IB? IB>>>>Cronos.

And then a post or so later, you don't even listen...
Jason Todd was a fool, and so is this "retcon".

nvrbeenwthagirl
It's not an attempt to insult you, it's true.

Eg:

And then a post or so later, you don't even listen...

I listened. I think you are less than you xmeat. Take that how you will. Now that is an insult. Since you like to try and fail so much to do it. As for me not listening, I did listen. And I said the 'retcon" was a FOOl. just like the jason todd thing. The IB didn't have the answer that A time god did? WTF. I do not buy it. Silly writing.

Kurash
uhh kronos is one of the first eternals and is basically responsible for all their power. And hes technically Thanos' grandfather, so if you think about it, it makes a lot of sense that he could create a silver bullet being for thanos

tried to edit and accidentally deleted

nvrbeenwthagirl
uhh kronos is one of the first eternals and is basically responsible for all their power. And hes technically Thanos' grandfather, so if you think about it, it makes a lot of sense that he could create a silver bullet being for thanos

And yet the IB is still superior. And has an answer to everything does he not? And what in the devil is kronos doing failing so many times, when he knows about all of them? You think galactus would have a hard time creating something to kill Surfer or Morg?

Harry Fingerman
I listened. I think you are less than you xmeat. Take that how you will. Now that is an insult. Since you like to try and fail so much to do it. As for me not listening, I did listen. And I said the 'retcon" was a FOOl. just like the jason todd thing. The IB didn't have the answer that A time god did? WTF. I do not buy it. Silly writing. Coming from you, that means... nothing. no expression

It wasn't a retcon though, and LX explained that. Drax, from Thanos's very first appearance stated he was created to destroy him.
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/IronManv1055-04.jpg

Also, are you talking about the IB, as in the Infinity Being? Or God?
Because, God didn't want to kill Thanos... only manipulate him.

Or, In-Betweener?
Because, Thanos only met I-B on a grounds where I-B didn't have powers.

Also, Kronos overrode Death as well by creating Drax, since Drax is always revived.

Kurash
And yet the IB is still superior. And has an answer to everything does he not? And what in the devil is kronos doing failing so many times, when he knows about all of them? You think galactus would have a hard time creating something to kill Surfer or Morg?

Well, Kronos did accidentally destroy his physical body with an experiment so maybe hes not the sharpest tool in the shed

nvrbeenwthagirl
Coming from you, that means... nothing. no expression

It wasn't a retcon though, and LX explained that. Drax, from Thanos's very first appearance stated he was created to destroy him.
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/IronManv1055-04.jpg

Also, are you talking about the IB, as in the Infinity Being? Or God?
Because, God didn't want to kill Thanos... only manipulate him.

Or, In-Betweener?
Because, Thanos only met I-B on a grounds where I-B didn't have powers.

So what makes you think that your insults actually mean anything? Elitist. As if coming from someone who doesn't value any opinion outside of his own lil comics filled world would actually do anything to me. There are many a cosmic being who would kill thanos at a chance. None of them could make a silver bullet for him? As I said, Dumb retcon. Especially since Thanos got so many upgrades, that basically would surpass Kronos own power. kronos>>death? Kronos>>the Amp from the HOTU?

Kurash
So what makes you think that your insults actually mean anything? Elitist. As if coming from someone who doesn't value any opinion outside of his own lil comics filled world would actually do anything to me. There are many a cosmic being who would kill thanos at a chance. None of them could make a silver bullet for him? As I said, Dumb retcon. Especially since Thanos got so many upgrades, that basically would surpass Kronos own power. kronos>>death? Kronos>>the Amp from the HOTU?

well he is directly related to thanos and responsible for the eternals power, so maybe he knows secrets that others do not. The plan was also orchestrated by Thanos' father. It just makes sense with all these family ties that they would know a way to kill Thanos. If Kronos gave power, hes gotta know a way around it

And maybe writers are just trying to keep it interesting, think about, lets say hypothetically that any cosmic being out there could create a silver bullet for thanos, well . . . he wouldnt be around to long

And drax's storyline ties in with Thanos as well, its not like its all random

WhiteWitchKing
And yet the IB is still superior. And has an answer to everything does he not?

What's his beef with Thanos again? None. If you're gonna whine like that, then Eternity would be all over Dormammu.

His first creations failed 'kay? What's your problem? If it's really that serious, he'd show up himself and kill Thanos, but it's not.

Nope. But if his creations failed the first time, then the second, and he still doesn't show to himself handle it on his own (yet makes a third three version) does convey that it isn't that of a serious concern. When Thanos had the IG, making a major threat, Kronos showed his punk self to stop Thanos. By your logic, why not ask why abstracts, who've been around since time began, are outsmarted by villains and heroes like Warlock, the Magus, Thanos, Doom, Reed, etc.

It might not be what you would've done, but then again every major villain threat that pisses off an abstract would be dead, except those cosmic villain rivaling abstracts themselves.

stick out tongue

Harry Fingerman
So what makes you think that your insults actually mean anything? Elitist. As if coming from someone who doesn't value any opinion outside of his own lil comics filled world would actually do anything to me. There are many a cosmic being who would kill thanos at a chance. None of them could make a silver bullet for him? As I said, Dumb retcon. Especially since Thanos got so many upgrades, that basically would surpass Kronos own power. kronos>>death? Kronos>>the Amp from the HOTU? Well, the fact that you supposedly hate me. I piss you off, etc.

I value lots of opinions. I value yours sometimes as well... when you're actually reading what the other person has to say...

I see you missed my edit, oh well.
Kronos actually did surpass Death's power. Since, he created Drax, and Drax can't die permanently. Also, his power supposedly has Drax being able to surpass Death's power as well, since Thanos was immortal ever since he came back from the grave.
I'm not saying he's more powerful than Death, but, he made someone basically immortal, and he made that same being able to kill an immortal being.

Of course, it's up for debate whether or not Thanos was immortal, since Death started to love him again prior to the incident. But still, he was the only one capable of killing Thanos since Warlock back before his upgrade (and immortality), so why people speculate, is beyond me.
Plus, only Drax and Warlock have ever delievered enough damage that could actually kill him. Others have only scratched him, cut him.
He doesn't even really need immortaility.

He was created to kill him since day one, and no one else was.

Laminator_X
The IB didn't have the answer that A time god did? WTF. I do not buy it. Silly writing.

I suppose that all "cosmic" comic stories suffer from some degree of silliness by their overly-dramatic nature.

However, Chronos became one with the power that gives the Eternals their durability when he discorporated. I conjectured (and this is conjecture, mind you) that this gave him an advantageous insight where his grandson's invulnerability is concerned, one that he used when reformulating the new Destroyer 3.0 "Finesse Edition."

WRT the In-Betweener specifically, Thanos beat him in a zone without dichotomies where the In-B was weak, and Thanos and Warock have both been stated to be "Outside the realm of Chaos and Order" before. When Chaos and Order moved against Thanos the first time, they maneuvered Spider-Man to re-activate Warlock via the Soul Gem. They didn't sick the In-B on him.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Well, the fact that you supposedly hate me. I piss you off, etc.

I value lots of opinions. I value yours sometimes as well... when you're actually reading what the other person has to say...

I see you missed my edit, oh well.
Kronos actually did surpass Death's power. Since, he created Drax, and Drax can't die permanently. Also, his power supposedly has Drax being able to surpass Death's power as well, since Thanos was immortal ever since he came back from the grave.
I'm not saying he's more powerful than Death, but, he made someone basically immortal, and he made that same being able to kill an immortal being.

Of course, it's up for debate whether or not Thanos was immortal, since Death started to love him again prior to the incident. But still, he was the only one capable of killing Thanos since Warlock back before his upgrade (and immortality), so why people speculate, is beyond me.
Plus, only Drax and Warlock have ever delievered enough damage that could actually kill him. Others have only scratched him, cut him.
He doesn't even really need immortaility.

He was created to kill him since day one, and no one else was.

Made you think for that one. stick out tongue

Kurash
I suppose that all "cosmic" comic stories suffer from some degree of silliness by their overly-dramatic nature.

However, Chronos became one with the power that gives the Eternals their durability when he discorporated. I conjectured (and this is conjecture, mind you) that this gave him an advantageous insight where his grandson's invulnerability is concerned, one that he used when reformulating the new Destroyer 3.0 "Finesse Edition."

WRT the In-Betweener specifically, Thanos beat him in a zone without dichotomies where the In-B was weak, and Thanos and Warock have both been stated to be "Outside the realm of Chaos and Order" before. When Chaos and Order moved against Thanos the first time, they maneuvered Spider-Man to re-activate Warlock via the Soul Gem. They didn't sick the In-B on him.

a more in depth version of what ive said, very nicely put. Like i said before it makes perfect sense when you think about

Terryc250
guys, this guy is obviously joking...

everyone knows thanos is out of wolverines league

Harry Fingerman
Made you think for that one. stick out tongue Thinking's for the weak.

I just type whatever pops up into my mind at the time.

darthgoober
If you think about it, Thanos(like Adam Warlock) stands just outside the realm of Order and Chaos. He's not completely outside reality like Warlock, but he's got a "special" relationship at the very least. There's a chance that IB might not be able to directly harm Thanos if you think about it...

nvrbeenwthagirl
Thinking's for the weak.

I just type whatever pops up into my mind at the time.

You gotta admit, that whole kronos> Death and kronos>> HOTU upgrade was tricky. you still didn't address how kronos got around the HOTU upgrade. since thanos was basically god and made preparations for just such an attack.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by darthgoober
If you think about it, Thanos(like Adam Warlock) stands just outside the realm of Order and Chaos. He's not completely outside reality like Warlock, but he's got a "special" relationship at the very least. There's a chance that IB might not be able to directly harm Thanos if you think about it... Which always ****s me up. how can they stand out side of destiny and yet still be featured in what if's? There should be only one version of characters like Warlock, Thanos, ect.

darthgoober
Which always ****s me up. how can they stand out side of destiny and yet still be featured in what if's? There should be only one version of characters like Warlock, Thanos, ect.
Maybe only the 616 versions stand out, who knows? What if's are kinda f*cked up though(in that they often ignore the Marvel Cosmology) so I try not to take then too seriously. I get what you're saying though, in fact I think it would be cool if Marvel did off with all the "alternate versions" of Thanos and Warlock to illustrate their uniqueness in the grand scheme of things.

Harry Fingerman
You gotta admit, that whole kronos> Death and kronos>> HOTU upgrade was tricky. you still didn't address how kronos got around the HOTU upgrade. since thanos was basically god and made preparations for just such an attack. Thanos completely let his guard down before Drax attacked him. If you're implying Cosmic Awareness.

Plus, Current Drax was created after the HOTU arc.

I believe it said in Annihilation, that everytime Drax is reborn, he has all the tools to kill Thanos.
However, in previous incarnations, he never had the chance to actually succeed, as Thanos always fought back.

However, when Thanos saw Death, he just stopped, and next thing you know, a hand comes out of his chest.
It's not dumb writing, or a retcon.

In fact, if Thanos would have fought back, Drax would have most likely been destroyed again.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Thanos completely let his guard down before Drax attacked him. If you're implying Cosmic Awareness.

Plus, Current Drax was created after the HOTU arc.

I believe it said in Annihilation, that everytime Drax is reborn, he has all the tools to kill Thanos.
However, in previous incarnations, he never had the chance to actually succeed, as Thanos always fought back.

However, when Thanos saw Death, he just stopped, and next thing you know, a hand comes out of his chest.
It's not dumb writing, or a retcon.

In fact, if Thanos would have fought back, Drax would have most likely been destroyed again.

I am not buying it. Thanos, prep God, got one shotted? It's just fishy to me. But hey, Lot's of comics concerning uber villians are fishy.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by darthgoober
Maybe only the 616 versions stand out, who knows? What if's are kinda f*cked up though(in that they often ignore the Marvel Cosmology) so I try not to take then too seriously. I get what you're saying though, in fact I think it would be cool if Marvel did off with all the "alternate versions" of Thanos and Warlock to illustrate their uniqueness in the grand scheme of things.

That's what I'm saying. how can there be alternate versions of these guys when they aren't bound to any time line or fate? How can something like a twist of fate create an alter Thanos when he isn't bound by fate in the first place?

Harry Fingerman
I am not buying it. Thanos, prep God, got one shotted? It's just fishy to me. But hey, Lot's of comics concerning uber villians are fishy. It doesn't matter how good he is at prep, he basically let Drax kill him. Otherwise, Drax would have probably been disintegrated.

He was designed to kill him. He had the mindset this time as well.
It makes sense. Plus, it wouldn't make sense for Drax to wear him down...

nvrbeenwthagirl
It doesn't matter how good he is at prep, he basically let Drax kill him. Otherwise, Drax would have probably been disintegrated.

He was designed to kill him. He had the mindset this time as well.
It makes sense. Plus, it wouldn't make sense for Drax to wear him down...

Kronos God of PREP?

Kurash
Kronos God of PREP?

time, prep, same thing stick out tongue

Harry Fingerman
Kronos God of PREP? Well, Drax did supposedly have the tools to kill Thanos everytime he was created/re-created...

Wally West
Drax got a different set of powers each time he was resurrected, new powers each time after the previous ones failed to get the job done. There have been 3 very distinct versions of Drax with different powersets, the new one has powers that negate Thanos' own powers, the previous ones could fly, had super strength etc (which the current one doesn't).

It was stated over and over in Annihilation this current Drax was Thanos' silver bullet, the writers and editors have said the same thing, he is unique. That green aura around Drax as he approched Thanos was his 'silver bullet' powers activating, thats why we haven't seen it before or after. To ignore the facts is just ignorant, Wolverine is not killing Thanos just because Drax could.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Wally West
Drax got a different set of powers each time he was resurrected, new powers each time after the previous ones failed to get the job done. There have been 3 very distinct versions of Drax with different powersets, the new one has powers that negate Thanos' own powers, the previous ones could fly, had super strength etc (which the current one doesn't).

It was stated over and over in Annihilation this current Drax was Thanos' silver bullet, the writers and editors have said the same thing, he is unique. That green aura around Drax as he approched Thanos was his 'silver bullet' powers activating, thats why we haven't seen it before or after. To ignore the facts is just ignorant, Wolverine is not killing Thanos just because Drax could.

Who's ignoring those facts? I don't see anyone ignoring them. I see people debating over the validity of the retcon. And How good of a retcon it actually was. Did I miss something?

Ouallada
I would not go so far as to say that Kronos was a god of prep, since it was prett obvious he did not really do a great job with Drax. It seems more like a deus ex machina to me. I read some of Schmidt's interviews, and while I cannot remember well enough to quote with accuracy, I felt that they scripted Thanos to die, and simply saw Drax as their get-out-of-jail card.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Ouallada
I would not go so far as to say that Kronos was a god of prep, since it was prett obvious he did not really do a great job with Drax. It seems more like a deus ex machina to me. I read some of Schmidt's interviews, and while I cannot remember well enough to quote with accuracy, I felt that they scripted Thanos to die, and simply saw Drax as their get-out-of-jail card.

Bascially what we all were thinking anyway.

Laminator_X
Who's ignoring those facts? I don't see anyone ignoring them. I see people debating over the validity of the retcon. And How good of a retcon it actually was. Did I miss something?

I think you're misusing the term "retcon." When Drax was reborn with his personality restored, a new look, and an altered power set in the midst of the story; that wasn't "retroactive continuity," that was a new development.

A retcon would've been if they said he had always been able to do this but had been unaware of it or had been holding back for some (probably lame and contrived) reason.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I think you're misusing the term "retcon." When Drax was reborn with his personality restored, a new look, and an altered power set in the midst of the story; that wasn't "retroactive continuity," that was a new development.

A retcon would've been if they said he had always been able to do this but had been unaware of it or had been holding back for some (probably lame and contrived) reason.

Hence the "retcon" in my earlier quotes. And the New developement still seems lame. Especially given the fact that kronos created drax BEFORE Thanos had those upgrades. Makes it seem like Kronos is superior to the power of the heart and death.

Ouallada
Hence the "retcon" in my earlier quotes. And the New developement still seems lame. Especially given the fact that kronos created drax BEFORE Thanos had those upgrades. Makes it seem like Kronos is superior to the power of the heart and death.

This is my take. Thanos lost interest in supreme power after the cube/ig/hotu, and hence his upgrades were in a way a means to avoid repercussions from his failed attempts at universal dominion. For some reason, Thanos needed to die in Annihilation, because I never bought the reason for his inclusion. Wanting to see what effects such an invasion would have? This, coming from a being who has had both omniscience and omnipotence, seems like a weak reason. Thanos was there for a reason, and his conversation with Death, as well as his turnabout and acceptence of his own death tell me that the reason was to die. The only way they could have pulled it off was to use Drax, with emphasis on the latter's unique ability to kill Thanos. Drax was simply a means to the end.

Tazer
Yo.

Drax is unique. Thanos's grandfather the Eternal-turned-space-god Chronos created Drax using Arthur Douglas's soul and a golem body made of soil&stone. He imbued him with a portion of his cosmic power (the same power that gave the Eternals their mega-durability) for the specific purpose of ending the threat of Thanos.

Drax is a magic silver-bullet where Thanos is concerned. No one else has ever ben able to harm Thanos this way. Ever.

yea, but that included Drax himself; aside from *this* showing I think Thanos has kicked his green ass in every other time theyve met.

Tazer

Battlehammer
Yes or not ?

stop socking

Endless Mike
No. This is stupid.

Wally West
It isn't a retcon. Drax was reborn was new powers each time he was resurrected, his powers this time around were enough to get the job done, thats all. A retcon would have been if this current Drax had fought Thanos before and not shown any of these 'silver bullet' powers, the green aura, but their meeting in Annihilation #4 was Thanos' first encounter with this current Drax that has a whole new power set, so theres no retcon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.