Who is/was Comics Greatest Evil Genius?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
I would say Dr. Doom, Lex Luther just to name a couple.

Anyone have a pick or picks? I could be one or many.

DigiMark007
Wilson Fisk

no expression

lordboo
joker

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Wilson Fisk

no expression rock

Citizen V
It's definetly Doom, but I think Leader and Mad Thinker need some credit too thumb up.

Entity
Ozymandias

Not sure if you'd consider him an "Evil" genius. Since what he was doing was actually for the greater good in his mind. Still I think he's pretty damn genius. IMO

Otherwise, Doom!

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Entity
Ozymandias

Not sure if you'd consider him an "Evil" genius. Since what he was doing was actually for the greater good in his mind. Still I think he's pretty damn genius. IMO

Otherwise, Doom!

He knew what he was doing was "evil" though. He even actively shouldered the responsibility for it.

I'd say Doom (or Light if noncomic opinions are allowed)

jinzin
Sabretooth! eek!

SpookySmurph
Joker
Doom
Thanos
Ozymandias
Maximus

Entity
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
He knew what he was doing was "evil" though. He even actively shouldered the responsibility for it.

I'd say Doom (or Light if noncomic opinions are allowed) True but isn't his willingness to admit and shoulder the responsibility in a way make him and what he did even less evil?

HueyFreeman
Alexander Luthor
Dr.Doom
Kang
The Demons Head
Joker

Blight
Braniac is pretty smart.

I'm going to go with doom just because of the original secret wars.

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by Blight
Braniac is pretty smart.

I'm going to go with doom just because of the original secret wars. Damn I forgot Braniac.

Blight
Originally posted by HueyFreeman
Damn I forgot Braniac. Damn right you did, fool!

TricksterPriest
durkseid

But I actually think Joker is probably the scariest evil genius in comics.

King Kandy
Thanos (Pre-IG) was pretty sinister. And smart.

I like the way he killed half of the salarians and made it be Surfer's fault.

DigiMark007
There was this dude that turned into a Death's Head II villian...he had clones and dopplegangers, and lieutenants that were stationed on different worlds. The different people all performed different tasks, and DHII wasn't aware that it was a unified effort until very late in his series. It was a massive retcon though, and created a coherence to his entire run. Kinda cool.

Anyway, the guy was a mastermind on a galactic level, and his consciousness was linked between his different bodies, so killing him was really more like killing 1/100 of him.

So obscure (and I wish I could remember his name without digging the comic up) but he'd get my vote.

Symmetric Chaos
VandalSavage must be up there. Not many people have been evil for quite so long.

Kurash
The Joker, Doom and Luthor

The Red Skull is pretty badass too

Blight
Anyone on that island in 52 was pretty intense.

Harry Fingerman
Juggernaut.

SpookySmurph
Originally posted by DigiMark007
There was this dude that turned into a Death's Head II villian...he had clones and dopplegangers, and lieutenants that were stationed on different worlds. The different people all performed different tasks, and DHII wasn't aware that it was a unified effort until very late in his series. It was a massive retcon though, and created a coherence to his entire run. Kinda cool.

Anyway, the guy was a mastermind on a galactic level, and his consciousness was linked between his different bodies, so killing him was really more like killing 1/100 of him.

So obscure (and I wish I could remember his name without digging the comic up) but he'd get my vote. http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/dhminion.htm

I assume he's listed under enemies or antagonists? srug

manjaro
wrong on all counts..... thanos, Ra's , kang, and alex luther were the only "Evil" geniuses that ever got what they ever wanted....meaning thier plan actually worked out.....how many times have we seen Doom concoct the most devious schemes, only to have it all go to shit cuz he's got to stand there and f ****ing monologue about how awesome his plan is..the same thing with the leader and mad thinker.....joker is definitaley the number 1

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by manjaro
wrong on all counts..... thanos, Ra's , kang, and alex luther were the only "Evil" geniuses that ever got what they ever wanted....meaning thier plan actually worked out.....how many times have we seen Doom concoct the most devious schemes, only to have it all go to shit cuz he's got to stand there and f ****ing monologue about how awesome his plan is..the same thing with the leader and mad thinker.....joker is definitaley the number 1

Doom has won in a huge variety of ways. He's manipulated a contest set up by the Vishanti in order to save his mothers soul from Mephisto. Hell the fact that he's the head of Latervia is a victory is that he wanted for a long time. I believe he even took over the world once and decided he didn't want it.

Erik-Lensherr
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I actually think Joker is probably the scariest evil genius in comics.

TricksterPriest
Sym, you mentioned Vandal Savage. How old is he? 52,000ish? I'm having trouble thinking of anyone that's been around as long as him.

Nowadays, I suppose Tony Stark would be on this list..........shifty

llagrok
No one has mentioned Sinister?

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by llagrok
No one has mentioned Sinister? His plans fall to flat for him to be considered up there.

darthgoober
Both the afro and non-afro versions of the Magus were pretty impressive too. Classic Magus was able to set himself up as God in a galaxy spanning church, and IG Magus suckered pretty much everyone but Warlock and Thanos.

Bad Ash231
Originally posted by darthgoober
Both the afro and non-afro versions of the Magus were pretty impressive too. Classic Magus was able to set himself up as God in a galaxy spanning church, and IG Magus suckered pretty much everyone but Warlock and Thanos.

I would so like to see Afro Magus again. laughing out loud

FistOfThe North
The Anti-Moniter.

According to Wiki he is directly responsible for more deaths than any other known DC supervillain (trillions at least) in history.

He's able to effortlessly withstand blows from Superman and even survived a direct explsion with a Star. That's bad-ass..

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
The Anti-Moniter.

According to Wiki he is directly responsible for more deaths than any other known DC supervillain (trillions at least) in history.

1) Wiki's hardly great source for comic information
2) That makes him powerful not smart

He's able to effortlessly withstand blows from Superman and even survived a direct explsion with a Star. That's bad-ass..

Supergirl tore his armor to pieces and forced him to flee.
Superman later killed him with one punch.

TricksterPriest
AM's insanely powerful, but...........the last time he showed up, he had practically no strategy.

And even this time, he's not really using much in terms of prep and planning. srsly It's a testament to his insane power that nothing worked the first time, not his genius.

FistOfThe North
1) Wiki's hardly great source for comic information
2) That makes him powerful not smart

Supergirl tore his armor to pieces and forced him to flee.
Superman later killed him with one punch.

I think they quoted the direct source (comic) in question. But he's definitely not stupid.

He was a cosmic being or God and pwd universes at will. He was intelligent. And he killed Supergirl personally. And he wasn't killed by Superman. He was punched simultaneously buy a load of superheroes (including Supes) and villains straight into a star.

Imo, i'd want Anti-Moniter on my side if I were to battle an evil genius. If you can defeat an evil genius then you most likely a genius. Unless you get lucky somehow. That wouldn't be the case with A-M. No one evil genius can defeat him.

Endless Mike
I think Erica Pierce (Mothergod) from Valiant comics could defeat Anti - Monitor if she had enough prep

Symmetric Chaos
I think they quoted the direct source (comic) in question. But he's definitely not stupid.

That doesn't make him a genius. Was the guy who pressed the button in the EnolaGay a genius? No but he sure kill a hell of a lot of people.

He was a cosmic being or God and pwd universes at will. He was intelligent. And he killed Supergirl personally. And he wasn't killed by Superman. He was punched simultaneously buy a load of superheroes (including Supes) and villains straight into a star.

Intelligent =/= Genius

He survived being thrown into the star and was killed by Superman in a single punch.

Imo, i'd want Anti-Moniter on my side if I were to battle an evil genius. If you can defeat an evil genius then you most likely a genius. Unless you get lucky somehow. That wouldn't be the case with A-M. No one evil genius can defeat him.

But that has nothing to do with his genius that's because he's so powerful. There's a huge difference.

Rewmac
Mista Luthor....Fo' sho'

DigiMark007
Originally posted by SpookySmurph
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/dhminion.htm

I assume he's listed under enemies or antagonists? srug

Yes yes, good thinking.

Here he is:
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/cicatric.htm

willRules
Aunt May no expression

Galan007
Superman later killed him with one punch. You should really explain ALL the events that took place before this -- otherwise you'll have uninformed people saying, Superman > full-power Multiversal destroyer. jr_erm02

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Galan007
You should really explain ALL the events that took place before this -- otherwise you'll have uninformed people saying, Superman > full-power Multiversal destroyer. jr_erm02

If I tried to summarize the entire plan I'd have to max out the max character count erm

Besides uninformed people are funny

WrathfulDwarf
Here is my list:

Doctor Sivana
T O Morrow.
Mr. Mind
Ra's al Ghul
Lex Luthor
Professor Ivo
Hugo Strange

FistOfThe North
That doesn't make him a genius. Was the guy who pressed the button in the EnolaGay a genius? No but he sure kill a hell of a lot of people.

Intelligent =/= Genius

He survived being thrown into the star and was killed by Superman in a single punch.

But that has nothing to do with his genius that's because he's so powerful. There's a huge difference.

Don't forget he was the commander of a huge army of Dark lords spread all over the galaxy. You'd definitely need to be a genius to lead an army as vast.

I stand with Anti-Moniter. He's not a genius yet he knows how to warp and and effortlessly obliterate multiverses. Not galaxies. Multiple universes?

He's on my list. And that's not how he died. And he came back anyway.

Galan007
If I tried to summarize the entire plan I'd have to max out the max character count ermWhich is why I didn't even bother. stick out tongue

Besides uninformed people are funny Well..... That's true. dur313

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.