Superman vs Silver surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LeAtHerRFace
I dont know much about Silver Surfer, but its said that he can find the weakest point of anything, then touch it and it is destroyed. So I'll have to go with SS.

Rasta
Already been done. Silver Surfer wins. I can't remember exactly why he's so pwoerful, but it was stated before in another thread.

Evangel94
Silver Surfer

wrathofachilles
Superman.

Havoc470
how many more of these are therer gonna be?

i think SS wins this battle

wrathofachilles
Lol, as many as new posters feel like putting up. I'm surprised there hasn't been a Hulk vs. Superman lately. Hmmm....

wolverine8888
ss would win fast and easy

Supra
Who would win?

TheFilmProphet
Superman

Supra
Why?

TheFilmProphet
ALL of his powers.

Supra
Silver surfer has a ton as well though

TheFilmProphet
Not like Superman though wink

SnakeEyes
what do u mean not like Superman...???
SS could definitely win this, Supes could to.

I really do think this goes in the vs. forum though

norrin radd
yeah right, surfer has more powers then supes.

norrin radd
this is what wizard said about a surfer vs superman fight:

"While Supes might land a couple of blows as the Surfer is trying to talk to him, our bald buddy Norrin could either hammer Supes into submission with the power cosmic or suck all the solar energy out of him with his energy manipulation powers. "

if you want to know more check this: http://www.silver-surfer.us/Top10list/Top10List.htm

Paola
isn't it a thread like this in the vs forum? huh

I'll better close it... nah! move it... no, close it.... hmmm... move it confused

Joker1237
I guess close it if there are 2??

Paola
allrighty then.... big grin

moving and closing if there is another one...

SarKastic_OJ
Before you close this Paola let me throw in a quick jab...

Did any of you see the comic where Gladiator(Superman's clone and equal) went blow for blow with Surfer and no side gained the upper hand?

The Comic went like this(to a tee):
Gladiator and the Shiar forces were journeying through space, suddenly they came across a giant living planet(Ego), Gladiator along with the Shiar forces proceeding in attempting to "dismantle' the living planet as they deemed him "a threat" to space.Surfer comes out of nowhere and battles Gladiator in a blow for blow "even" battle, Surfer's plea is that Ego is a "living being" and deserves to live thus they fight it out in a blow for blow EVEN battle, no circumstances, no holding back, both fought for the win.Surfer is about to give the battle up as Glad is beginning to gain the upper hand.Ego "realizing" that Surfer was on his side donated some of his power to Surfer in attempts of ridden himself of Gladiator(his threat)..Surfer "still" didn't topple Gladiator, the fight ended in a stalemate as Glad decided that Surfer's way of piece was the "right" way..

Surfer used no power draining whatsoeva, it's assumed that it wouldn't work because or else he would have saved himself alot of trouble against Gladiator..

BobbyD
I think this would be a great fight to see with the last man standing bringing an ice pack for both, and buying the other guy a beer.

clickclick
Since when was Gladiator a Solar Battery?

Surfer would win though, the guy flew through a star, is indestrubile, possesses the power cosmic, has cosmic awareness and so on.

lightaxe
Silver Surfer can reaarange molecules whats Supes gonna do to him? Hes like firestorm but with any type of matter.

Beyonder
Surfer. Superman is a solar battery ready to be sucked dry by Surfer. Additionally, the herald can augment his strength with the power cosmic.

juggernaut74
Isnt that strange that they ignored your reply?

Paola
I didn't confused.... he mentioned ME! big grin

Tron
You're right Paola, this thread's been done more than a couple of times on here. I ain't about to try looking for it today though.wink

who?-kid
Oh no, not another endless battle !

Mainstream
Superman is a better fighter, but I still believe the Surfer could ultimately win. ( I'm like 85% sure anyway)

MatchesMalone
Silver Surfer should definately win this fight with no problem. As stated before, Surfer could suck the solar engergy out of Supes.

SarKastic_OJ
Nah, that'd be too easy in a fight between two of the most powerful heroes of all time...

Surfer had a hard enough time against Gladiator(Ego the planet actually had to come to his aid!!)

Without the solar factor, I could see a draw...but i'm now tilting alittle towads Surfer because of the way they make him toy with the hulk...

srankmissingnin
Gladiator (will confident) is Superman's better so that fight brings nothing to this this one. Also Silver Surfer could turn Superman into a dog or an ear of corn or something else of the sort.

Beyonder
Gladiator has nothing for Surfer to drain. Hulk had gamma radiation and Superman solar energy.

muffin man
SILVER SURFER since marvel tend to be stronger since they work on a more inter galactic scale

SarKastic_OJ
Yeah. I'd give it to Silver but I'm alittle ehhhh *does the flat hand side to side thingy* on the subject...

Supes is a very formidable "thinking" foe, and while in the past he drained the mindless and simple hulk on shamelessly numerous occasions I just can't picture Supes losing "that easy and ridiculously", it kind of contradicts his simple yet complex character...

snoopdogg
Dosnt Surfer have to physically touch someone to drain their energy?

muffin man
no. snoopdogg he just has to cross his arms then blast no super man. yes it's the only comic I really hate.
Super man's a cardboard cut out.

snoopdogg
In some of the comics I read Surfer had to touch someone to drain their power. It this is true It will not be as easy as you people think.

who?-kid
Isn't Superman supposed to be the better fighter ? And doesn't he have more experience ? And could he be - maybe - the smarter one ?

Maestro
This shows how surfer drains energy from people.

http://www.leaderslair.com/gammapeople/hulksmashes/hulk250-1.html

juggernaut74
well why didnt he do that to GL in the crossover when he drained his power. He touched him to get it.

clickclick
No he couldnt.

Superman could win if he is considerably faster. Im not really sure on Surfers speed, especially on earth.

Maestro
True Flight: The board can attain CL5000 speed (10,000 mph in the atmosphere/1,000,000 mph in space). Within planetary atmospheres, he moves at Shift-Z speeds.
Dimension Travel: Once its maximum speed is reached, the board can enter hyper-space to quickly reach any section of the universe.
Phasing: The board has the Monstrous ability to render itself and its rider(s) temporarily immaterial. This power is used to enable them to pass through a barrier or to travel through space without risking collision damage with spaceborne particles.
Body Armor: The board has CL3000 Material Strength.

Ummmm he's just a bit fast

lightaxe
your kidding right, since when are marvels power levels higher than dcs? The flash can run lightspeed and quicksilver can run what a few hundred mph. Just in general DC is off teh scales with power ranges.

HarmonicFlo88
Did someone say power rangers? LOLOL

norrin radd

norrin radd

Mainstream
Isn't Sliver Surfer one of Marvel heavyweight ultra powerful characters. Superman tends be be getting weaker as time and storylines go by.

SarKastic_OJ
I begrudgenly give this fight to Surfer after much thought and consideration.Although I know this would "never" happen(DC's flagship character getting beating by Marvels' second-string BUT powerful character is dang near impossible)..I forgot about the solar energy draining thing and unless Supes knows Surfer is shooting a ray bound to drain his solar energy(thus using his superspeed) then I can't see Superman winning..

Surfer is one of the rare "good guys" I'd say can defeat Kal-EL from Marvel/DC. Logic wins this battle...*damnit*

Mainstream
What up if Sliver Surfer so powerful, why is he a Second Stringer? Is it because he's about as popular as a 20 zits on you face on prom night?

SarKastic_OJ
His character is not "out there" like the hulk's, Spider man, the X-men or Captain America..

Power has nothing to do with your popularity, guys like the Beyonder, Galactus,Ego or the Celestials are Marvels top powerhouses yet or 2nd/3rd string characters...It's comic sales, merchandising, marketing that makes a comic character so popular...Thus you have guys like Spiderman although weaker than (lets says) Silver Surfer being in more comics, making more movies etc...I guess in the end the weaker and more realistically vulnerable a hero is the more the rather "geeky zit faced" audience can relate or comprehend and find interest in their story..

Mainstream
I see it's popularity not power. Even the most powerful characters could suck in a fans eyes.

supessucks
Why do people think that Superman can beat everyone!? Silver Surfer would crush Superman at any power level! Pre-Crisis or Post! Superman is NOTHING without sunlight! Surfer could absorb his solar energy. HE COULD ABSORB THE SUN. Without solar energy, Superman would get the tar beat out of him. GET OVER IT SUPERMAN FANBOYS. SUPERMAN IS GOING DOWN!

who?-kid
Yeah, like Superman is just going to stand there, waiting while Surfer is absorbing the entire sun. That'll be the day lol.

supessucks
He doesn't have to take out the sun, genius. Surfer manipulates energy like telekinesis. He can take Superman's solar energy, making him weaker than Lois Lane.

SarKastic_OJ
yeah, he made short work of the hulk on plenty occasions using that one strategy alone(except he drained the gamma radiation), he made the hulk look like an obsolete imbecile...

supessucks
True, though your verbiage is questionable.

Cosmo Kramer
I congradulate the guy who thought up this thread but Superman does not have nearly enough power of any locamotive or speed from a bullet to take out Silver Surfer in all of his glory not even on his best day...maybe with help from the JLA.

norrin radd
i think Martian Manhunter would provide a better fight then superman, i still think surfer could beat MM, but it would be a better mach up, in my opinion, an excelent fight.

supessucks
http://www.silver-surfer.us/Top10list/Top10List.htm
End of Discussion. Superman Loses.

Draco69
Ah ha! I caught you! So the Hulk would lose to WW.

supessucks
I SAID MAYBE!

Draco69
smile

supessucks
AND IT WOULD BE A DAMN CLOSE FIGHT!

who?-kid
Oh does he ? Well well, and how on Earth is Surfer supposed to know that Superman gets his powers from the sun ? Does he have "powered by the Sun" written on his cape ? No, let me think, Surfer will pull out a new ability out of his ass, he will feel "the molecular structure" of Superman and all that shit in half a second, and two seconds later, Superman is getting much weaker lol.

If it were that simple...

I can go either way, but Superman has the edge because he's much smarter, has more experience and is a better fighter. Powers aren't everything. Silver Surfer isn't a fighter.

But the writers will decide who's the best, not us.

Mainstream
Draco? you still on that Wonder Woman vs Hulk debate?

supessucks
Superman is not a fighter. Batman is a fighter. Superman only has Superhuman abilities, namely flight, supersonic speed, strength, heat vision, and super breath. And if ANY superhero pulls abilities out of their ass, it's Superman. Just look at the early comics.

Did Surfer know that Hulk had Gamma radiation in him? No he didn't. However he tryed to drain his energy, and succeeded. And if you want to know what the writers think go to this site.

http://www.silver-surfer.us/Top10list/Top10List.htm

"VS. SUPERMAN: While Supes might land a couple of blows as the Surfer is trying to talk to him, our bald buddy Norrin could either hammer Supes into submission with the power cosmic or suck all the solar energy out of him with his energy manipulation powers."

Face it; any way you put it, Superman would lose.

Mainstream
Superman fights like the Beast (in the regular X comic) ugly.

picoico
SS cannot be physically harmed. Supes has no offense that can stop SS, SS is faster, and stronger, and more powerful.

This is what they call being "outclassed". I mean, all SS has to do is transmute someting into kryptonite and Supes is done. Gone. History.

I mean, super breath, heat vision, or super strength (where SS is probably stronger anyway) just don't cut it here...

Mainstream
I am inclide to agree with you Picoico

norrin radd
surfer as cosmic awareness, tahts why he knows.

snoopdogg
Can somebody give me another example of SS absorbing energy other than his fight with the Hulk.

MatchesMalone
I just want to make sure nobody gets confused with your statement. That list was made by the writers and editors of the magazine "Wizard". The list was not made by writers that put out the actual comic books for Marvel or DC. Their opinions could be considered expert, considering their occupation is to write articles concerning comic books and they are by no means biased in any way, shape, or form. However, they are not the final say in these matters. I do think Surfer should win and the fight they depicted does sound accurate to me. But, Supessucks, I must ask. If you think Hulk can beat Wonder Woman and Superman, how can you stand by Wizard's list so adamantly? Is it because you are as biased against Superman as your name implies?

supessucks
I said that Hulk could beat Superman or Wonder Woman. He could also lose to either. I do not believe that the Wizard's list is "the mandate of heaven." I simply stated that Surfer's power's far exceed superman's. That has nothing to do with my bias against superman. And yes I do have a bias against superman. However I will give the devil his due. Superman has incredible strength and speed, flight, and heat vision, and super breath. Norrin (SS) is faster than superman, slightly weaker, has much more power, (possessing the cosmic power, enabling him to rearrange matter on a molecular level and manipulate energy, including sunlight, the source of Superman's power.) Superman is outclassed in power, just as he would be if he faced the Phoenix (who has similar powers to surfer, plus telepathy, and telekinesis.) Superman just can't win this one.

juggernaut74
well it seems most people agree Surfer can beat Superman. Which is highly possible but not inevitable. First off Surfer cannot flywithout his board so therefore takes away his speed. If you are gonna be fighting Superman you might not want to be on a surf board just a hunch. Strength goes to Superman. I know surfer is strong but not as strong as Superman. No argument there. Which brings me to the energy absorbting thing. Surfer cannot absorb the entire power of the sun. And if he can give me an issue # where he has displayed such power. Although there is the draing the solar energy deal. Well this can be argued two ways. While some people think that he can just aborb energy from a distance like he did with the Hulk while I believe he has to physically touch you to get it much like he did to GL in the crossover comic. Well Superman is fast enough to avoid Surfer attempt to drain him if he can drain him from a distance and if he has to touch you I think Superman would rip his arms off and beat him to death with them. Which brings me to durability. Surfer is not as durable as Thor or Hulk thats a fact. And well we all know that Superman knocked both of those guys out cold with one punch just like he could do to Surfer. Surfer has been knocked unconcious before and Superman has the power to do so. Summing it up I am not implying that Supes would win I am just saying that he very well could.

long pig
man-o-man theyre gonna jump yer ass fer that "out cold with one punch" thing.......-waits-

juggernaut74
Yea I know. Its fun.

snoopdogg
I can see alot of people think Surfer can fly without his board. HE CANT he even stated it before in a comic and if you watched the cartoon he even said it there. Sufer does not have superspeed without his board either. Does anybody read Surfer comics?

srankmissingnin
I only read Surfer if he has a guest apperance... but seemed to fly just fine with out his board when Cable broke it.

edit: Now that I think about it, he might have just made a new one but I can't remember

Mainstream
so Cable with his god like mutatnt mojo pushed to god knows how much still lost to SS? Why am I not surprised? I gotta buy that book.

who?-kid
Okay, why do so many people believe Surfer will have a park in the walk when fighting Superman? Did we forget experience ? Brains ? Fighting abilities ? All this goes to Superman, end of story. Surfer has had a hard time when fighting Spider-Man, he won of course but it was a great fight. Does anybody think Superman will have the slightest problem with Spider-Man ? I doubt it.

Thanos almost beat him to death, once. I'm convinced Thanos can defeat Superman too, sure, but it will not be as easy as he did with Surfer. Thor defeated Surfer, and didn't Superman beat Thor ? Even Firelord, second rate herald, thrashed Surfer once.

Btw, I like Surfer more, but I think he's getting too much credit here. He doesn't use half the powers he has when he fights somebody.

For all these reasons I believe Superman has a good change of defeating Surfer. But vice versa also of course.

clickclick
How can you say that SS can not be physically harmed when we have seen him physically harmed? How is silver surfer faster? How is he stronger? More powerful I guess because of the power cosmic but supes can take a lot. Supes moves faster than ive seen SS move on earth. If SS can drain Supes energy then he would win but im not even sure he could do that given how quick Supes is.

Sure....... ???

norrin radd

supessucks
You are right, Surfer is not as strong as superman. However he is much more powerful, and the cosmic power augments his strength. He is also faster than Superman. He and his surfboard are utterly indestructable. Surfer is much more durable than Hulk or Thor, and Superman never knocked either of them out with one punch in a crossover. Surfer possesses all the powers of Galactus, devourer of Worlds. Surfer can detect energy from lightyears away, so he would have no problem taking Superman's solar energy. He could very well absorb the sun, however he has never done so because of the catastrophy it would cause. Even if Superman could avoid having Surfer take his energy initially, he could not avoid having his power stolen forever, and I doubt Superman would run around like a b**** for the entirety of the fight. Superman doesn't know Surfer, therefore he would never know that he could take his energy.

supessucks
brilliant argument, Norrin. some people don't know when to admit defeat.

norrin radd

supessucks
Experience ? Brains ? Fighting abilities? Did we forget that Surfer is the herald of Galactus who has helped him devour all life on countless planets?. You are bringing up stupid and non-concrete "advantages" Superman has. You are definatley the weakest link in this argument. You cannot prove that Superman has more experience, intellegence, or fighting ability than Surfer.

radioboy121
Well, most of the heralds are suppose to be a fraction of Galactus' power and as each of them are different, a representation of one or multiple forms. Silver Surfer could possibly play mind games with him by metamorphing himself too, but I do not know the accuracy of this illusion (not an idea of a fight, but it would be humorous for him turning into a Lois Lane).

supessucks
I know I made a misnomer. He is endowed with the power "by" Galactus, not "of". No one is as powerful as Galactus, except for maybe the Phoenix Force. She devours stars not planets. Star>Planet

supessucks
Matter Manipulation; another brilliant argument Norrin.

clickclick
I dont think Thor could beat Superman. The reason that I state this is because Supes is so much faster than him. Dont be so biased please.

Do you have an example of him using that against someone?

supremthor
superman goes down

supessucks
Clickclick, I am not being biased. Superman is weak against magic (check any Superman site.) He has no resistance to magical attacks. If Thor struck Superman with Mjolnir (his hammer, that is magical in nature,) it would have the same effect of Thor hitting a normal mortal man with his hammer. Superman would be KO'd. Thor is a god. He has class 100 strength, superspeed, and can fly using Mjolnir. Let's not even get into what Thor's magic lightning would do to Superman.

(Please disregard my username, as I intend to change it. People misunderstand my meaning, and I understand why.)

supessucks
To clickclick,

Matter manipulation is listed as one of his powers on every Silver Surfer profile. He used it against Mephisto, the Marvel version of Satan. Even if he didn't rearrange superman's molecules he could turn any nearby rocks into kryptonite. However he would not do this, as he does not know that Superman is weak against kryptonite.

Please don't be such a fanatic clickclick. Superman can lose, you know.

Draco69
Why are people still arguing about this? Silver Surfer either absorbs the solar energy from Superman rendering him powerless or he hammers him into submission with super duper kamehamaha-like cosmic beam. Case closed.

See http://www.silver-surfer.us/Top10list/Top10list.htm for proof.

supessucks
Hello again Draco. I don't know why I'm still arguing this point.

clickclick
I know his vunerability, hes still too fast for Thor though to hit if it were realistic.

clickclick
Dont be silly. Go back earlier in the thread and you will see that I even picked SS to win. However when you really think about it, Supes might win based on his speed.

I think hed be too busy fighting anyway.

supessucks
Surfer is just as fast as Superman, and faster than Superman on his surfboard.

Surfer is not too fast for thor to hit, as Thor possesses superspeed too. Thor is equally as strong as Superman, and a much better fighter than Superman is. All he does is battle giants and gods in valhalla. Superman is definately not faster than lightning, (lightning moves at the speed of light. Thor's lightning is also magic, as it comes from Mjolnir.) One lightning bolt equals goodnight Superman. With his weakness to magic, Superman would be no problem for Thor.

supessucks
Superman's speed is certainly not enough to save him in this fight. Surfer has way too many abilities.

Invulnerability, Energy Conversion, Plasma Generation, Self Regeneration, Healing (himself or others,) Molecular Conversion, Energy Detection, True Flight (flying at the speed of light without his board,) Self Sustenance (He doesn't need to eat drink or even breath,) and Telepathy. I have not even named all of them.

His Surfboard cannot be detached from his feet while he rides it. It can travel by itself and heed's his command. It can make him immaterial.(Superman's Punches would go through him, causing no damage.)

There is no way in Hell that Superman can beat the Silver Surfer. Not with his speed, strength, flight, or heat vision. There is not a chance in Hell.

If you believe differently, you are in no doubt, a fanboy.

norrin radd

supessucks
Norrin,
His profile says he can become immaterial while riding the board. It doesn't say anything about warp speed. But perhaps you are right. Regardless, norrin can fly without the board. Superman does not stand a chance against Surfer. His speed is certainly not enough.

snoopdogg
How the can you prove he can fly without his board? Have you read a Surfer comic? He said in one that he cannot fly. In once instance he was hanging off a cliff by his hands he had to call for his board to save his @ss. If he could fly why didnt he just fly.

supessucks
"True Flight: Surfer to fly even without his board up to Class 3000 speeds in space and Shift Z max in atmospheres although does so rarely." -excerpt from:
http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/silversurfer.htm

This site is official work of Wizards of the Coast.

clickclick
Name me an issue in which surfer flew with out his board.

How is surfer just as fast as superman? Im talking about with his board, let alone without it. Surfer is fast in space but on earth I dont think hes shown to be as fast or faster than supes.

As to thor, Thor has above human speed but supes is still a good deal quicker. That quickness advantage, plus his other abilities and powered by that strength make a difference. As to whether or not Thor is as strong, not to my knowledge he isnt. As to whether or not he is faster than lightning, YOU ARE CORRECT. HE isnt faster than lightning but he doesnt need to be either.

supessucks
Surfer cannot fly without his Surfboard. The site I provided a link for is inaccurate. The Marvel website says otherwise. However Surfer cannot be removed from the Surfboard. And clickclick, Superman could not (and probably would not) run from Surfer, he IS just as fast. He could absorb all the his energy, or blast him with power cosmic.

Like I said, when Thor hits Superman with Mjolnir's magic lightning, he will be finished.

supremthor
not really superman has taken shazams lightning.his been hurt by it but not to the point were it can realy

snoopdogg
Magic Lighting. Thats classic. Anways Thor does not have superspeed whatsoever. The only reason his speed is rated so high is his ability to teleport to different areas via the mighty Mjolnir. In a actual fight Thor does not have superhuman speed just the abilty to transport to any area he wants. I have seen Surfer knocked off his board countless times. One of which was by Thor.

supessucks
Are you saying that Thor's lightning is not magical? And Thor doesn't have superspeed? Just ask Marvel.

http://www.marvel.com/universe/index.htm

Go to Thor, and Abilities.

supessucks
Teleportation and speed are not the same. If it were, Nightcrawler would have "level 7" speed.

snoopdogg
Well nightcrawler cannot teleport across the Galaxy either now can he. Thor can. Does it say anywhere that Thor has superhuman speed on that Bio? Prabably not. Give me an example in a comic where Thor demonstrates superhuman speed. Thats all I ask.

snoopdogg
Another example is Dr. Strange his abilty in speed is a 7. Does that mean that he can run or fly at speed of light. No it means that he can open up portals and be across the galaxy in half a second.

Draco69
To Supessucks:

I thought you should know that the Marvel.com biographies has a LOT of bugs. (i.e. they gave Juggernaut level 6 (super-genius) intelligence)

supessucks
I noticed, once I saw Thanos with level 2 strength. But if you revisit the site more than once (or twice), you will recognize the bugs. The real stats are consistent. Thor definitely has level 7 strength

snoopdogg
I just looked Juggys Intelligence was a 2.

supessucks
The site does have bugs, but you can get the true stat by reloading if you see something ridiculous.

supessucks
The site sucks but it is reliably informative; these are the writers stats.

snoopdogg
Thats why I use my trusty Marvel Encyclopedias for references on character stats.

clickclick
I didnt say he would run from Surfer, thats not winning. When has Surfer ever demonstrated that he was "just as fast" on the board on earth let alone without it. It takes time to absorb his energy and hed have trouble doing it when he has to deal with what SUPES is doing at a fast speed.

As to Thor's hammer, Mjolnir is magical but the lightning is still just lightning. Its just that Thor control's it. He wouldnt finished, someone already brought up Shazam.

Anyway, its still not as simple as lets hits supes with lightning when he is that fast.

Thor has better than human speed but he doesnt have supes kinda speed. Seriously dont underrate this aspect, beyond the fact that Supes has a number of other attributes that I havent even really gotten into.

snoopdogg
Click CLick Superman is faster than lighting. Thor would have to get lucky to even hit him with it. Im just curious, I know surfer can aborb solar energy I am just wondering how he would actually pull it off. Remember Superman is alot faster than Hulk.

supessucks
To Clickclick: go to the link above. Look up Thor's abilities and powers. He is as fast as a Marvel superhero can be. If the two are on a level playing field (Marvel's best stat = DC's best stat), Thor is just as fast as Superman. Being that the lightning would come from a Magic Hammer, is magically induced, and is not natural, it would be referred to as "magic."
To Snoopdogg: You may very well be right about Dr. Strange, and Thor's speed rating. However, his powers list says that he has godlike strength and speed. Godlike means superhuman (far faster than "better than human," clickclick.) As I said, If the two are on a level playing field (Marvel's Best stats = DC's best stats), Thor is just as fast as Superman.

supessucks
As the son of Odin, Thor's strength, endurance and resistance to injury are greater than the vast majority of his superhuman race. (That means he's faster than most god's clickclick, not humans.)

- Godlike strength, speed, endurance and resistance to injury

- Mastery over the elements of storm

- The enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir -- which can project mystical energy and open interdimensional gateways, and affords Thor the power of flight

supremthor
what are you talkng about.thor is fast br not

supremthor
what are you talkng about.thor is fast but not as ast as superman he can barly keep up witch ironman.

supessucks
Against Silver Surfer:

Surfer displayed his warp speed (on his board) against Mephisto. Surfer would not be able to cross entire galaxies in minutes as the Herald of Galactus without greater than light speed. Superman, I understand, does not exceed (or approach) the speed of light.

It actually does not take Surfer long at all to absorb energy. Look what he did to Hulk in seconds, and Gamma rays are of much higher energy than the sun's rays.

I know all of Superman's abilities and attributes. None of them beat Silver Surfer. Surfer is smarter than Superman, He was taught by Galactus who is older than the universe. Surfer has more fighting experience; Superman is only a couple of decades old, Surfer is centuries old and has much more fighting experience.

Surfer could absorb Superman's heat vision; He is shown to be faster than Superman; Surfer can fly as well, and faster than Superman can; Superman's strength is not a factor, as he would not be able to attack Surfer without losing his solar energy; Super breath is of no use. Can you name any more abilities?

Surfer doesn't need to eat, drink, or breathe. Superman does. Surfer has superhuman strength, superman's is greater. Surfer can absorb energy any form of energy, all of superman's powers require solar energy. Surfer could use his energy detection to find that Superman stores solar energy. Invulnerability would protect Surfer from Superman's attacks. Plasma blasting is Surfer's primary means of attack. The rest of his powers, telepathy, regeneration, healing, ect. are all unnecessary to the fight.
The power cosmic alone is enough to defeat Superman. There is no way Superman could beat Surfer.

As for Thor:

Superman has absolutely no resistance to magic; A magic attack would hurt him like he was a normal human. Thor also has superhuman speed, and can instantaneously teleport. One magic attack from Thor would defeat Superman. Thor is the god of thunder, his lightning would be much more potent than shazam's.

supessucks
supremthor, that quote is from the marvel website. http://www.marvel.com/universe/index.htm

He is shown to be much faster than Iron man. Thor possesses godspeed. Iron man's technology could only go but so far. Thor is as fast as superman, read my posts. Besides, Thor can teleport, he wouldn't have to be faster.

clickclick
I know Thor's abilities, I dont need a link because ive seen what he can do. He is not as fast as Superman. Hes not as strong as superman either. His lightning is just lightning, his hammer simply allows him to control that.

As to thor teleporting, teleporting wont win him a fight against superman.

clickclick
I dont question wether or not Sufer can travel quickly in space, on earth however I dont recall him going anywhere near that kind of speed. Plus hes also gotta be on his board to do that.

Surfer is smarter than supes based on what IYO? As to asboring Supes energy, I dont think you could really tell me how long it would take. Either way though, its not like supes would just be standing around waiting for Surfer to do it. Hed be fighting him and surfer would be busy fighting back.

Why would Sufer absorb supes heat vision if hes been shot with it? Surfer isnt invunerable to Superman's attacks, I dont know why you believe that. Also if Supes makes Surfer exert himself (he does tire out), Surfer would be in big trouble.

Surfer basically needs to stay on his board and even then ive never seen him travel any where near the speeds he has in space on earth. Perhaps though you can point one of those instances out for me..

supremthor
DONT get me wrong I like thor more then superman.I ve been reading thor for a few years and he has NEVER SHOWN THE SPEED YOU CLAIM HE HAS supessucks.

supremthor
surfer is wht you call a funny character.one min he can surf into a sun without any problems the next min he almost dies from falling of his surf bord.surfer has an 80% chance at defeat superman imo but if superman can get close and hit surfer. ss goes down

supessucks
Surfer cannot die from falling off he surfboard; I don't know where you heard this. If you have a Silver Surfer comic that says so, give me the issue #. Silver Surfer could definately take more than one punch from Superman, Superman isn't that strong.

clickclick
Still waiting on that example cube (aka supessucks), definetly the name of an unbiased person. laughing

Cosmic Cube
Supessucks? What the hell are you talking about? I've never heard of him. j/k I'll admit the fact that I hate DC, I've decided not to take this forum thing so seriously.

Surfer is hundreds of years old from a highly advanced race located on the other side of the galaxy!

Superman is a f*cking cornfed Kansas farmboy!

Surfer can absorb any wavelength of energy. Supe's heat vision is just ultra-concentrated sunlight

Exert himself? wtf are you talking about? Surfer doesn't tire any faster than superman.

Surfer can travel at warpspeed in space. this wouldn't change to drastically in an atmosphere.

Surfer doesn't even need to be faster. He could blast Superman into the f*cking ground with the power cosmic. Then he would be the crater formerly known as Superman.

clickclick
It depends what surfer is doing, if he exerts himself trying to be all powerful he will become weakened.

You suggest it wouldnt change in the earth's atmosphere to a large extent but why is it that we have never seen that it doesnt?

If I saw Surfer moving at supes level speeds on earth, then I wouldnt be saying this.

Im not sure exactly what the power cosmic would do to superman either, I believe that leaves for a lot of speculation.

As to absorbing his heat vision, im not sure on that one though you may be right.

If surfer is near supes speed in the earth's atmosphere and can absorb his solar energy quickly, then yes he wins. If the power cosmic has drastic effects on superman, then thats just another thing in surfers favor.

I still dont have a definitive answer on those things but if surfer is near supes speed, he should win.

Which in fact has been my biggest objection this whole time. Speed is very important.

norrin radd

Maestro
silver surfer>doomsday
doomsday>superman

plus superman wouldn't be able to last for long with silver surfer until fatigue set in, like his battle with doomsday.

SarKastic_OJ
Now I'd be the first to agree that Superman is damn near unbeatable by any Marvel/DC "hero" and it'd be a rarity to see me reason somebody actually toppling the caped goody goody in underpants.But Silver Surfer is indeed one of the "rare" heroes I can actually see beating the man-O-steel. Now I know this would "never" happen due to comic politics(being DC's wouldn't let their flagship character lose to a 2nd/3rd string hero whom half of the DC world even knows.

Surfer just simply has Superman's number, the "all-powerful cosmic kamehameha like attacks that could levels cities, the ability to drain Superman's solar energy upon first contact(once that beam touches Kal-El's body its ova).While Superman would most likely land some punches here and there it would probably end with the solar energy drain(Silvers arguably only chance).

But I disagree with the Doomsday>superman assumption..
At least make them a draw(Superman=Dooms), the first battle was a draw, alot of people fail to realize that Superman took Doomsday down with him, both died with the two fatal blows.Dooms was later revived by Lex Luthor and/or Superman I forget..But that's enough to know that Dooms wasn't stronger than Superman or he wouldn't have hit the ground with Supes..if anything their about equal, but remember Superman came back and whooped Dooms easily in round two...

David Duchovony
You're so right OJ. People always forget Superman also handed Doomsday his arse. I think the problem is the fact that no-one had ever seen Superman beaten that badly or unsure of the battles outcome before. He is an icon who in the eyes of little kids at the time and generations before, could never die and today. And despite what anybody says, you can call him boring, a pansy, a tight wearing b**ch but at one time or another, we all wished we had at least one of his powers.

jplatinum
If superman uses lightspeed he could win.
If surfer catches him before he achieves this speed he is history.

Xplosive
Originally posted by jplatinum
If superman uses lightspeed he could win.
If surfer catches him before he achieves this speed he is history.

SS can use lightspeed. SS would win

Mainstream
Superman has no light speed....

ZephroCarnelian
Hey guys, how ya all doing?

You know that I love Supes - he's my fave character.

But Surfer is a Cosmic level being.

What people need to understand is how Supes' powers work. He absorbs sunlight, which is then transformed into a chemical called Meta-ATP. ATP is what we humans store food energy as. Meta-ATP is sunlight energy stored as a chemical.

Now Surfer shouldn't be able to do anything to the chemical energy Supes already has in his body.

But with his control of radiation - IF he found out the source of Supes' power (i.e. that he's not a mutant but he absorbs sunlight) - then he'd be able to stop Superman from absorbing anymore energy.

All Surfer has to do now is avoid Supes' attacks for a while (minutes, hours... I don't honestly know), which I belive he is easily fast enough to do and after time Supes' stores of MATP run down.

As would Supes' invulnerability (which if you remember is a bio-field fuelled by his MATP - a chemical process).

After Supes becomes weakened - Surfer can either smack his head off with a superfast punch. Or simply vapourise him with the Power Cosmic.

Remember - I'm a Supes fan, but I think Surfer has a very good chance of pulling this off.

Cube-dude - you agree with me?

Xplosive
Originally posted by Mainstream
Superman has no light speed....

Suposseldy he can fly at 99% of light speed. Butit's obvious they made his even faster sometimes.

ZephroCarnelian
He USED to be able to top light speed, regularly. He'd fly between star systems on interplanetary missions and it'd take him hours or even minutes.

He once overtook a beam of light that had left the Earth a thousand years beforehand. And to do that in one day would mean he'd have to travel at.... *sums* 365000 times the speed of light....

Nowadays, I dunno.

I know for instance that when he was racing the Flash, he was running at two thousand miles per SECOND. That's what Flash said anyway.

I doubt that Supes could accelerate to light speed quickly in a battle situation anyway. But I might be wrong. Evene though he's de-powered nowadays, he's still got some tricks up his sleeve.

I just don't think he has enough these days to take down Surfer...

nigel45
Originally posted by clickclick
I dont question wether or not Sufer can travel quickly in space, on earth however I dont recall him going anywhere near that kind of speed. Plus hes also gotta be on his board to do that.

Surfer is smarter than supes based on what IYO? As to asboring Supes energy, I dont think you could really tell me how long it would take. Either way though, its not like supes would just be standing around waiting for Surfer to do it. Hed be fighting him and surfer would be busy fighting back.

Why would Sufer absorb supes heat vision if hes been shot with it? Surfer isnt invunerable to Superman's attacks, I dont know why you believe that. Also if Supes makes Surfer exert himself (he does tire out), Surfer would be in big trouble.

Surfer basically needs to stay on his board and even then ive never seen him travel any where near the speeds he has in space on earth. Perhaps though you can point one of those instances out for me..

I recall an instance (though I no longer have the issue) where Surfer searched the entire Earth (And I mean the ENTIRE Earth) in about...2, maybe 3 seconds. He was with Dr. Strange and Hulk at the time. Sorry I can't give the issue number.

kgkg
Surfer Surfer is way beyond superman.

what Superman can do surfer can do it 100 times better

Avalonofthewind
Supes now has Torquasm-Vo, which would make this fight even more interesting (with a good writer of course)

"Torquasm-Vo: This is the Kryptonian psionic martial art. Through concentration, Kal-El and all Kryptonians have the mental capability of transporting himself and his opponent into a psychic battlefield. In this battlefield, the person generating the psychic images has the capacity to will whatever the weapons and environment be like. Superman, though untrained, has been stated to be a naturally gifted Psychic combatant.
This also implies that Superman has some degree of telepathy that's independent of his Earth environment super-powers. "

As for matter manipulation...others have tried it before and it's failed...

Who knows how Superman does it? He just does. Soddom and Gammorah were turning people to friggin' salt left and right ... but couldn't do jack to Superman. Even when Superman was poisoned with Kryptonite. Disciple, in JLA: Primeval, pumped up with the magic of the Edler Gods and devolved the entire LEAGUE (transmuted all of 'em), but couldn't do jack to Superman in their final battle either. Same with Skyhook -- he tried to transform Superman into a demon, and Superman simply shrugged it off. Virroxx' soldiers broke down people to base elements and converted them to energy -- but they couldn't do that to Superman. Heck, Superman even made contact WITH Virroxx, who transmutates whole worlds into energy ... and suffered no harm from it.

Those are just a handful of samples. Can Superman be transmutated in theory? Sure, anyone can. But it's not a done deal, and he's showed tremendous resistance to it. Chalk it up to him super-strong molecular structure and/or his aura and/or his willpower ... whatever. He's tough, so, I say, Surfer, or anyone, is gonna have their work cut out for him. And I'd say he'd fail. Surfer's never transmutated anyone like Superman before. And Superman's been through worse, imo.

Supes has been powered up substancially since that list was made.

ZephroCarnelian
Wow! Never knew about that psychic potential! eek!

And he does have mega-resistance to things like transmutation - obviously, either his atoms have super-bonds holding them together, or his invulnerablity field cancels it. But when he's poisoned by K-Nite his shield is down... so it must be the former.

But at the end of the day, if matter manip doesn't work - I'd say Surfer could still just wear him down and blast him with Cosmic energy.

But to see Supes use that psionic-battlefield trick - wow - that'd make things fun! yes

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Supes now has Torquasm-Vo, which would make this fight even more interesting (with a good writer of course)

"Torquasm-Vo: This is the Kryptonian psionic martial art. Through concentration, Kal-El and all Kryptonians have the mental capability of transporting himself and his opponent into a psychic battlefield. In this battlefield, the person generating the psychic images has the capacity to will whatever the weapons and environment be like. Superman, though untrained, has been stated to be a naturally gifted Psychic combatant.
This also implies that Superman has some degree of telepathy that's independent of his Earth environment super-powers. "

As for matter manipulation...others have tried it before and it's failed...

Who knows how Superman does it? He just does. Soddom and Gammorah were turning people to friggin' salt left and right ... but couldn't do jack to Superman. Even when Superman was poisoned with Kryptonite. Disciple, in JLA: Primeval, pumped up with the magic of the Edler Gods and devolved the entire LEAGUE (transmuted all of 'em), but couldn't do jack to Superman in their final battle either. Same with Skyhook -- he tried to transform Superman into a demon, and Superman simply shrugged it off. Virroxx' soldiers broke down people to base elements and converted them to energy -- but they couldn't do that to Superman. Heck, Superman even made contact WITH Virroxx, who transmutates whole worlds into energy ... and suffered no harm from it.

Those are just a handful of samples. Can Superman be transmutated in theory? Sure, anyone can. But it's not a done deal, and he's showed tremendous resistance to it. Chalk it up to him super-strong molecular structure and/or his aura and/or his willpower ... whatever. He's tough, so, I say, Surfer, or anyone, is gonna have their work cut out for him. And I'd say he'd fail. Surfer's never transmutated anyone like Superman before. And Superman's been through worse, imo.

Supes has been powered up substancially since that list was made.

Surfer doesn't transmute people.

Doesn't matter. Superman still loses.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Xplosive
Suposseldy he can fly at 99% of light speed. Butit's obvious they made his even faster sometimes.

If you are referring to post-crisis Superman (the only one you should be referring to,) you are wrong. Even if Superman could fly at 99% of light speed, Silver Surfer travels far faster than lightspeed.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>