Capcom vs. SNK 2 or SF Alpha Anthology?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bat Dude
Hey, I really need you guys' help...

On Nov. 13, I'm going to my local Gamestop to pick up 2-3 games (since I got a boatload of money for my b-day)

I already know that I'll be getting Fire Pro Returns and DBZ Tenkaichi 3, but now is where I need help...

I want a good 2D fighter to add to my video game library, and I found two that caught my interest...

Capcom vs. SNK 2 and Street Fighter Alpha Anthology

Both cost the same, before anyone asks...

Which one do you guys think is better? And please post your reasons, ok?

Blax_Hydralisk
Street Fighter because of Gouki's +4 attack strength.

Bat Dude
Bump...

Anymore thoughts?

Lana
Good luck finding either game.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by Lana
Good luck finding either game.

Actually, I saw Street Fighter Alpha Anthology on the used shelf last time I went there (last weekend, to see if Fire Pro could be pre-ordered... It can't sad ) And I did a store availability search to see if there are any Capcom vs. SNK 2 copies in stores around where I live, and most of them have at least 1...

Anyway, I know that they might not be there next time, and that those availability searches aren't always right, but I'm confident that they're on the shelves and that there are more "GTA and Halo" people then "Capcom and SNK" people in Ohio, so that they'll be on the shelves a little while longer...

Lana
The availability searches are almost never accurate, and it says there's one, it's far more likely that there's none.

Just to let you know.

shin_gear
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Street Fighter because of Gouki's +4 attack strength. laughing out loud

SaTsuJiN
Well, I personally bought alpha anthology from capcoms website... so I didnt have to go to EB and deal with that whole "HAHA THAT GAMES OLD~".. as if they even game.. retards..

as for your question..

alpha anthology has alpha, alpha 2, alpha 2 gold, alpha 3, and gem fighters mini

so you'd be without a doubt be getting more games with anthology...

in my personal preference, though... I really enjoy Capcom vs SNK 2, for the simple fact that the gameplay changes depending on the grooves you choose, which results in 6 unique ways to play each character

Also, capcom vs snk 2 should be harder to find... I'd say get that, and then order anthology off the website when you get cash sometime down the road

Bat Dude
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
Well, I personally bought alpha anthology from capcoms website... so I didnt have to go to EB and deal with that whole "HAHA THAT GAMES OLD~".. as if they even game.. retards..

as for your question..

alpha anthology has alpha, alpha 2, alpha 2 gold, alpha 3, and gem fighters mini

so you'd be without a doubt be getting more games with anthology...

in my personal preference, though... I really enjoy Capcom vs SNK 2, for the simple fact that the gameplay changes depending on the grooves you choose, which results in 6 unique ways to play each character

Also, capcom vs snk 2 should be harder to find... I'd say get that, and then order anthology off the website when you get cash sometime down the road

Ah... Thank you for the advice! I'll do that if it's still in the store (if not, then I'll get Anthology first, then try to find CvS 2 on eBay/Amazon)

gogogadgetgo
go for the capcom vs snk 2. street fighter 1-3 are almost basically the same thing with added characters to make it to 3...well almost. but i had more fun with capcom vs snk2 than any street figher alpha (probably coz i played sf alpha 1-3 to death back in the day)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.