Battlezone Match: Captain Spaulding v.s Batdude123

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Capt Spaulding

Capt Spaulding
tricksterpriest is forcing me to reserve a spot as a judge, so roll eyes (sarcastic)

one is filled presently, the rest is currently to be filled

Soljer
Captain Atom versus Thor? Nine posts a piece? I'll volunteer to judge - unless either/both of you find me too biased in one way or the other.

pr1983
I'll give it a go if you want...

Blight
I'm always biased.

Capt Spaulding
Kurash, Tricksterpriest, PR, and Soljer so far. One more judge

Violent2Dope
I JUDGE!

Capt Spaulding
so far, the 5 are now filled. I appreciate the interest, and will now PM Batdude with the list of judges. Now at this time, unless you are a judge, We would both appreicate you staying out of the Battlezone thread, until Friday at 7:00 PM, where you can discuss the match. We will start debating in a few hours. Thank You

Violent2Dope
I'm the 5th judge, right?

Capt Spaulding
To ultimately clarrify, the 5 Judges are as followed and I quote:

Kurash, Tricksterpriest, Violent2Dope, Soljer, and PR.

Anyone else interested, will merely serve as a back up. To discuss the match, discuss it in the battlezone thread in the comics sub-forum under Comicbook Movies. Until 7:00 PM Eastern North American Time, just sit back, and be patient for the fireworks. Thanks for volunteering guys, and good luck batdude cool

TricksterPriest
Yep, you're #5. Good luck guys. thumb up Thanks for reserving my spot. big grin Btw, good move on declaring which time zone you're following. shocklaugh

Priest
Ill be a judge if necessary..
good luck to both of you guy's ill be looking forward to this match up.

Violent2Dope
Yepperz. Good luck, I wish you both could win, but that's impossible. sad

Citizen V
I wish everyone would shut up.

no expression.

Violent2Dope
You are not a judge. Shut up and leave.

Citizen V
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
You are not a judge. Shut up and leave.

Just because you're a judge doesn't mean you can make pointless posts and spam up the thread.

Don't bother reply, because I won't.

Gecko4lif
Ill judge

Capt Spaulding
back up judge 2. Good, so if someone is unable to rule, then you, or priest, will fill in. Now then, Please no more posts unless it's from Batdude or myself, or a judge.

SpookySmurph

*cough*

batdude123
4 minutes.

Capt Spaulding

Capt Spaulding

batdude123
Is that your opening post?

That counts for two, ya know.

Capt Spaulding
Originally posted by batdude123
Is that your opening post?

That counts for two, ya know.
it couldn't fit in one embarrasment

batdude123

Capt Spaulding

batdude123

batdude123

Capt Spaulding

batdude123

spidey-dude
where allowed to make threads now of other members ? cool

TricksterPriest
This is a battlezone match. Please do not post until the match ends.

spidey-dude
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
This is a battlezone match. Please do not post until the match ends. whats the match about ?

TricksterPriest
It's a battle between Captain Spaulding (as Captain Atom) and Batdude (Thor).

Please stop posting and let them finish.

JasonK4
Originally posted by spidey-dude
where allowed to make threads now of other members ? cool
Reported for trolling.

spidey-dude
It's a battle between Captain Spaulding (as Captain Atom) and Batdude (Thor).

Please stop posting and let them finish. when are they gonna finish ?

TricksterPriest
..........Stop posting or I'm gonna report you for trolling. All the info is in the first post.

spidey-dude
..........Stop posting or I'm gonna report you for trolling. All the info is in the first post. trolling ? all im doing is asking a simple question. and this forums is for everyone to post in not just them 2

Capt Spaulding

Capt Spaulding

Capt Spaulding
A Notice to judges, and spectators, this match ends tomorrow at 7:00 Pm eastern North American Time. I may not be on, but if I have any more replies I feel that are needed, I'll post before I leave. So in advance, I'd like to thank batdude for a spectacular event, and would just like to remind the judges that voting time is within a day. Again, I might be on, I may not be, not sure. Anyway, if I'm not on, thank you for reading this very long match, and thank you Batdude for accepting my challange, and may the best man win, but again, I may have an extra rebuttal coming up sooner or later. So i'm posting this to better be safe than sorry. Anyway, G'night, and happy debating/judging/spectating.

Capt Spaulding

batdude123

batdude123

batdude123
End of the match.

Judges can now cast their votes.

Capt Spaulding
Good match Batdude, No matter who wins, or who loses, I think this is eailly one of the best Battlezone matches thus far, thanks for the match amigo, no hard feelings at all wink

Bransolute
Originally posted by Capt Spaulding
No matter who wins, or who loses, I think this is eailly one of the best Battlezone matches thus far I think the Darth/Trickster one was the best one so far... shifty

batdude123
Good match Batdude, No matter who wins, or who loses, I think this is eailly one of the best Battlezone matches thus far, thanks for the match amigo, no hard feelings at all wink

Same here, Capt. smile

Capt Spaulding
Originally posted by Bransolute
I think the Darth/Trickster one was the best one so far... shifty for different reasons haermm

Soljer
Where are those damned judges? ermm.

batdude123
Originally posted by Soljer
Where are those damned judges? ermm.

You're one of them. eyes

Soljer
You're one of them. eyes

Hence the ermm.

batdude123
Hence the ermm.

I know you know.

Hence the eyes

Capt Spaulding
Batdude we wowed them so much, we won't find out who won for a week stick out tongue

batdude123
Batdude we wowed them so much, we won't find out who won for a week stick out tongue

ermm

Soljer
I think it's pretty clear to those reading the thread who won. stick out tongue .

Capt Spaulding
ermm

Want to play scrabble, and various other board games sly

batdude123
Want to play scrabble, and various other board games sly

Why not? youpi

Capt Spaulding
To ultimately clarrify, the 5 Judges are as followed and I quote:

Kurash, Tricksterpriest, Violent2Dope, Soljer, and PR.

just clarrifying the 5 judges, and keep in mind, there are two back ups, should it be needed.

Soljer
You two should team up for Ill's tourney.

Or, alternatively, each of you should find another partner for Ill's tourney.

TricksterPriest
dur all of you rat bastards. durfist

Honestly, this is the closest of all the BZ matches. I had to take a long time and go through several arguements and scans.

I disregarded Red's arguement about Thor being an idiot, since people fight to their best on KMC. I disregarded Batdude's quantum leaping arguement since it doesn't really affect the fight that much.

With what's left.......it was tough. I had to compare the energy powers of CA versus the magic powers of Thor.

and with that, I cast my vote.............for Batdude. IMO, I don't think CA has the endurance to keep up with Thor. Energy wise, yeah, they're about even. But physical stamina and ability to take punishment?

If Red had showed me more outright power and Captain Atom taking out top tiers, this vote would have gone the other way.

Bare in mind, that we judges take our cues from the arguements presented, and try to ignore prior knowledge.

So it was a close fight, and under different circumstances, it would have gone the other way. But today, Batdude was stronger.

JUDGE VOTE: Batdude.

Good match guys. thumb up

pr1983
Ok, after reading the posts several times over, and going over the various points in my head, I've finally managed to come to a decision...

First of all, kudos to both guys... i couldnt help but appreciate the manner in which the arguments were presented... so again, congrats... very well fought match, and picking a winner was very difficult...

Batdude's aggressive debating style, while initially putting me off slightly (sorry... stick out tongue), did grow on me when it was coupled with his willingness to show thor going up against the biggest and baddest of characters... Sure some things i didn't wholly agree with, but the point of this was to put bias to one side, and i feel i did so to the best of my ability...

Red did a very good job imo, but what hurt him imo, was that while he did very nicely illustrate the vast array of powers and abilities that atom possessed (and i really mean that, i was very impressed), there just wasnt enough showings of him going up against the big guys to make me think he had the beating of Batdude's Thor...

So my vote is for Batdude... I really hope to see both of you guys taking part in more debates like this, very nicely done indeed...

Soljer
Both debaters did a fine job, in my opinion. But I think it was readily apparent that throughout the entire match, one poster was far more on the defensive than the other; Captain Spaulding.

He showcased a lot of versatility, and a lot of pretty awesome feats. None of which put him above Thor, however. I genuinely care for neither of these characters, to be perfectly honest, but I believe Batdude did a marvelous job of proving that Thor would, in fact, best Atom for a majority. Hence, my vote, too, has to go to Batdude.

TricksterPriest
Actually, I think CA would take Thor for a majority. But Captain Spaulding didn't present the evidence or the arguements. If I had taken prior knowledge into consideration, I'd have given him the nod.

Capt Spaulding
match is over, well played batdude, it was my first tourny, and I tried all I could. Most things I do are half assed as they get, but i did my best, i can honestly say that, good match thumb up You 3 should give your bribes back sly

batdude123
tuftwoot

Nice match, Spaulding.

batdude123
Actually, I think CA would take Thor for a majority. But Captain Spaulding didn't present the evidence or the arguements. If I had taken prior knowledge into consideration, I'd have given him the nod.

Well thanks for putting your bias to the side here, TP. durfist

Soljer
Well thanks for putting your bias to the side here, TP. durfist

For a change...

I, honestly, didn't know much about Captain Atom, so...

This was pretty much off exactly what Spaulding said.

Oh, but for the record, Hal WOULD beat Thor, stick out tongue.

pr1983
For a change...

I, honestly, didn't know much about Captain Atom, so...

This was pretty much off exactly what Spaulding said.

definitely...

Violent2Dope
Sorry I'm late lol. I followed both of your arguments closely, both did well, it was closer than most are, but I think I have to go with Batdude. IMO, I think he proved Thor's physical superiority, and showed he had power enough to take CA. I didn't count the Quantum Leaping thing tho, lol.

batdude123

Probably. 313

HueyFreeman
Good job you two

Citizen V
BATDUDE WON?

WTFBANLOLOMGZ!!!

WHAT A SUPRISE.

ermm.

Heh, good job by both parties.

Priest
Great Match guys,
i learned alot about Captain Atom Capt. thumb up
Congrats on the win BatDude, you represented Thor better than I imagined 131

batdude123
Originally posted by Priest
Great Match guys,
i learned alot about Captain Atom Capt. thumb up
Congrats on the win BatDude, you represented Thor better than I imagined 131

And I dislike Thor. 313

Newjak
And I dislike Thor. 313 I know which is why I know every feat of his you posted hurt you to the core.

Soljer
Originally posted by Newjak
I know which is why I know every feat of his you posted hurt you to the core.

Especially "Lightspeed? Pshaw, lightspeed; Thor pisses on lightspeed!"

batdude123
Originally posted by Newjak
I know which is why I know every feat of his you posted hurt you to the core.

Why would it do that?

Especially "Lightspeed? Pshaw, lightspeed; Thor pisses on lightspeed!"

By tossing his hammer.

And I'll admit that I sorta "downplayed" Atom in this fight.

Newjak
Why would it do that? Because I know you hate him stick out tongue

And for what Soljer said

Violent2Dope
Thor is cool. no expression

llagrok
Thor always wins

pr1983
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Thor is cool. no expression
undoubtedly...

Originally posted by llagrok
Thor always wins
except when he loses...

batdude, red, you guys done with this thread?

Capt Spaulding
yeah, sure, lock it shrug

llagrok
Originally posted by pr1983

except when he loses...

No, he wins then as well.

Kurash
damn, been reading this all week but had company over last night so i didnt get to cast my vote, but hats off to both competitors, you both did a damn good job debating and you both will only improve with this match under your belt

since my vote doesnt matters ill take it to the grave hehe, but hats off to both of you

nvrbeenwthagirl
Good battle.

pr1983
yeah, sure, lock it shrug

k...

Originally posted by llagrok
No, he wins then as well.

he wins a beating... stick out tongue

closing...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.