Omega Weapon VS Ruby Weapon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Remindme
FFVII: Omega Weapon
http://www.ffcompendium.com/chara/7doc-omega-o.jpg

VS

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z156/DiffidentAngel/RubyWeapon.jpg
Ruby Weapon

Violent2Dope
Omega Weapon was stated to be the most powerful Weapon.

Remindme
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Omega Weapon was stated to be the most powerful Weapon.

Due to his ability to absorb the lifestream

Which i am disabling in this, sorry i forgot to put that in the 1st post

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Remindme
Due to his ability to absorb the lifestream

Which i am disabling in this, sorry i forgot to put that in the 1st post Kay. He steps on Ruby Weapon, or summons a meteor on him, the works.

Remindme
Kay. He steps on Ruby Weapon, or summons a meteor on him, the works.

Ruby is much bigger than Omega, but then Omega can fly, whereas Ruby is ground based.

Check out the respect thread which is linked in the first post for his powers

Violent2Dope
Ruby is much bigger than Omega, but then Omega can fly, whereas Ruby is ground based.

Check out the respect thread which is linked in the first post for his powers Omega is a mile tall. no expression

ESB -1138
I think Omega is much bigger than Ruby.

Violent2Dope
Omega is MUUUUUUUUUUUCH bigger than Ruby.

ESB -1138
Isn't that Midgar under Omega in that pic?

Hannibal-Lector
They are all about the same size, it just appears smaller when u verse it in game. But compare it to the cinematic when the weapons are first unleashed, its HUGE. Omega was stated the strongest but then again goin by game it is invulnerable unless its claws are buried... Id still say Omega canon wise but this would be a close fight

ESB -1138
We see some of the WEAPONS in cutscenes and the Diamond Weapon was about the height of Midgar because the Sister Ray went through the chest without rising or lowering and when we see the WEAPONS being released they were all about the same size.

Violent2Dope
Omega Weapon is shown to be much bigger.

Terryc250
Where was it stated omega is the strongest weapon?

Remindme
Ruby Weapon is the same size as the Golden Saucer.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z156/DiffidentAngel/goldsaucer.jpg

As you see, the Golden Saucer goes higher than the clouds, Omega barely reaches them.

Terryc250
can i get a list of omega weapons feats?

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Terryc250
Where was it stated omega is the strongest weapon? By Hojo.

SHM
Omega is composed of the Lifestream itself. ALL of it. This Weapon is one of the three most powerful entities in FFVII.

But it's purpose is not to fight, so this fight is a stalemate. Ruby cannot destroy it, but Omega will not attack Ruby.

Terryc250
Why cant Ruby destroy it? Just because its composed of the lifestream doesnt mean its indestructable

SHM
Why cant Ruby destroy it? Just because its composed of the lifestream doesnt mean its indestructable

Because Omega is the living incaranation of the entire Lifestream(with exception of the Stagnant one) in the planet. It's practically the god of FFVII. Ruby is just a Weapon like any other.

Terryc250
i havent found any information that has that statement.. nor have people who've played it remember a statement saying that omega weapon is the living incarnation of the entire lifestream, or even close to a god.

What godly things has Omega Weapon done? Its purpose is to take the lifestream and fly off to another planet, if the Cetra could create a god just like that, why would they have made weapons in the first place to eliminate a threat? Why would they have Omega Weapon evacuate the planet in the first place? If they could create such a powerful being that has the power of the entire lifestream, couldnt THAT just eliminate the threat? From what i know, and some others agree with me, Omega Weapon only had the power to carry all of the lifestream, not have the power of all the lifestream itself, or else Omega Weapon could not have been defeated.

fascistcrusader
Minerva is the incarnation of the lifestream. Omega WEAPON is its "oh ****" button.

SHM
i havent found any information that has that statement.. nor have people who've played it remember a statement saying that omega weapon is the living incarnation of the entire lifestream, or even close to a god.

What godly things has Omega Weapon done? Its purpose is to take the lifestream and fly off to another planet, if the Cetra could create a god just like that, why would they have made weapons in the first place to eliminate a threat? Why would they have Omega Weapon evacuate the planet in the first place? If they could create such a powerful being that has the power of the entire lifestream, couldnt THAT just eliminate the threat? From what i know, and some others agree with me, Omega Weapon only had the power to carry all of the lifestream, not have the power of all the lifestream itself, or else Omega Weapon could not have been defeated.

Omega Weapon is formed of almost the entire Lifestream of the planet, and it have her/it's own consciousness, therefore, she/it is the living incarnation of the Lifestream. But Omega use her/it's power only for defense instead of attack.
It was only possible to defeat her, because of Chaos. Stagnant Lifestream/Chaos is basically, Omega's Kryptonite.

And no, Minerva is not the incarnation of the Lifestream. Actually, that don't make any sense, because the Lifestream is composed of millions of souls and consciousness. It's not a single entity. Minerva is the incarnation of the planet.

Ah, and the Cetra didn't create Omega. The planet(Minerva) did.

Terryc250
^ meh, sephiroth wouldve pwned omega, minerva, and the entire planet if he didnt get stopped by cloud lol

fascistcrusader
Minerva is the planet, and the planet's souls is...ding ding ding, the lifestream. If the planet had no lifestream it would be a dead rock.

The lifestream is not comprised of many seperate concsiousnesses, its called returning to the lifestream because your soul merges into it, its one large flow of spirit energy. Only a very few people have retained themselves in the lifestream.

Omeag weapon is not the embodiment of the lifestream, it is a tool designed to absorb all the lifestream and take it somewhere else.

Violent2Dope
^ meh, sephiroth wouldve pwned omega, minerva, and the entire planet if he didnt get stopped by cloud lol I highly doubt he would pwn a mile tall monster. Defeat yes, but not pwn.

Terryc250
Well Sephiroth already punked the lifestream twice

Violent2Dope
Well Sephiroth already punked the lifestream twice Took him years to do.

SHM
Fascist, Aerith and Zack asked for the help of all the souls in the Lifestream to destroy Meteor. It did have nothing to do with Minerva, because she is not the Lifestream.
Maybe it makes part of her, or she is part of it, but she is not the thing itself.

fascistcrusader
She isn't the lifestream itself, but she is its collective consciousness. Omega isn't the lifestream itself nor is it the lifestream's consciousness.

Remindme
Originally posted by fascistcrusader
She isn't the lifestream itself, but she is its collective consciousness.

That is incorrect, what are you sources?

Terryc250
its said that she is related to the planets conciousness, not the conciousness itself.

Remindme
its said that she is related to the planets conciousness, not the conciousness itself.

I don't believe that to be entirely accurate either.

After all, she is a bad guy.

ESB -1138
Ruby Weapon is the same size as the Golden Saucer.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z156/DiffidentAngel/goldsaucer.jpg

As you see, the Golden Saucer goes higher than the clouds, Omega barely reaches them.

And we see Cloud bigger than most towns on the worldmap; congrats. Also we see in a cutscene all the WEAPONs (expect Omega) and all were about the same size. The Sister Ray at Midgar pierced Diamond WEAPON through the chest so by logic Ruby WEAPON would be about the same size of Midgar where as Omega dwarfed Midgar.

Minerva is the planet, and the planet's souls is...ding ding ding, the lifestream. If the planet had no lifestream it would be a dead rock.

The lifestream is not comprised of many seperate concsiousnesses, its called returning to the lifestream because your soul merges into it, its one large flow of spirit energy. Only a very few people have retained themselves in the lifestream.

Omeag weapon is not the embodiment of the lifestream, it is a tool designed to absorb all the lifestream and take it somewhere else.

Where are you getting all this information from?

Remindme
Originally posted by ESB -1138
And we see Cloud bigger than most towns on the worldmap; congrats. Also we see in a cutscene all the WEAPONs (expect Omega) and all were about the same size. The Sister Ray at Midgar pierced Diamond WEAPON through the chest so by logic Ruby WEAPON would be about the same size of Midgar where as Omega dwarfed Midgar.

Meh, details, who needs em?

Damn, you mean i have to think of a way to prove you wrong?

You're mean to me, you know that?

It's obvious fast not all weapons are the same size, take Sapphire for example, he dwarf's Junon, we see to midgar that canon is huge, And he's bigger than the enitre town/city.

Sapphire is safely bigger than Diamond and Omega for that matter.

The true reason why i think Ruby is bigger than Omega is because i remember reading ages ago that in terms of physical size, Emerald and Ruby were the biggest, inculding Sapphire. I'm sure it was an offical source, but i'm having trouble locating it.

However, if i'm wrong...well i'm wrong, but i'm 99% i'm right, so till then, you shall assume Ruby is Golden Saucer sized, seeing as how it's my thread, and you have no evidence suggesting otherwise....unless you do, in which case i'll look forward to seeing it

ESB -1138
Well Ruby and Emerald may have been the biggest then but Sapphire was roughly the same size as Junon which is no where near the size of Midgar. Midgar > Junon in size.

See that under Omega? That's Midgar:

Remindme
Well Ruby and Emerald may have been the biggest then but Sapphire was roughly the same size as Junon which is no where near the size of Midgar. Midgar > Junon in size.

See that under Omega? That's Midgar:

No, Sapphire is atleast 3 times Junon's size, and is atleast double the length of the canon

The canon is roughly the diameter of Midgar

From that picture you so helpfully posted i can prove the canon is roughly as long as Omega is high

In conclusion, Sapphire dwarf's Omega

Violent2Dope
No, Sapphire is atleast 3 times Junon's size, and is atleast double the length of the canon

The canon is roughly the diameter of Midgar

From that picture you so helpfully posted i can prove the canon is roughly as long as Omega is high

In conclusion, Sapphire dwarf's Omega Prove it.

ESB -1138
No. Sapphire is roughly the same size as Junon:

A2V-SJgNOVg

Remindme
Prove it.

Why do you hate me? because i'm lazy and can get away with it?

XsYlxEywO6w

proven

ESB -1138
That's not 3xs Junon's size. In fact he's a little smaller than it. You proved yourself wrong.

Remindme
No. Sapphire is roughly the same size as Junon:

Ahem, you know what they say about Icebergs?

the only animal in the world than can keep more than 10% of it's body above water for a long perdion of time is the crocodile, Why would Sapphire be different? as it clearly can't fly or elevate it's body in anyway

ESB -1138
the only animal in the world than can keep more than 10% of it's body above water for a long perdion of time is the crocodile, Why would Sapphire be different? as it clearly can't fly or elevate it's body in anyway

Sapphire flew out of the Northern Crater with all the other WEAPONs. And don't even compare Sapphire WEAPON to an actual animal.

Remindme
Sapphire flew out of the Northern Crater with all the other WEAPONs. And don't even compare Sapphire WEAPON to an actual animal.

Emerald and Ruby were absent sad

I thought it was below the ice when it moves away?

Why not? Clearly most of it is submerged when it attacks Junon, even the part thats showing is as big and the Canon which automatically makes it bigger than Omega

fascistcrusader
I'm getting my information from people who have played Crisis Core and said that is what she is.

Terryc250
^ lol crisis core doesnt say much about minerva throughout the game

grey fox
Adding into the fact that Crisis core rapes the pre-set canon anyway.

ESB -1138
Emerald and Ruby were absent sad

I thought it was below the ice when it moves away?

Why not? Clearly most of it is submerged when it attacks Junon, even the part thats showing is as big and the Canon which automatically makes it bigger than Omega

Sapphire's head was on level with the canon. And we see him coming out of the Northern Crater showing that all but some of his tail was above water. And Ruby was clearly visible leaving the Northern Crater

GNtBMqCUYSc

Sapphire Weapon, Emerald Weapon, Ruby Weapon, Diamond Weapon, and Ultimate Weapon all came from within the Northern Crater. The last two weapons seen flying out are Emerald and Ruby.

Now to repeat myself again: Sapphire Weapon wasn't as big as Junon where as Omega dwarfs Midgar (the biggest city in FF7). See that under Omega? That is Midgar. Midgar is much bigger then Junon. Omega is the biggest Weapon.

We also see here Diamond Weapon attacking Midgar. The Sister Ray went directly through the chest of Diamond Weapon showing that the Diamond Weapon is roughly the same size as Midgar and the Weapons that emerged from the Northern Crater were all about the same size:

gEnouzncp_Y

fascistcrusader
Not really. A few things in Nibelheim and Zack and Cloud's run from ShinRa were changed, and a bit of dialog was added at Zack's death, but it hardly "rapes" pre set canon.

grey fox
Not really. A few things in Nibelheim and Zack and Cloud's run from ShinRa were changed, and a bit of dialog was added at Zack's death, but it hardly "rapes" pre set canon.

Yes, yes it does.

Sephiroth originally discovered his conception and creation by himself, allowing the madness to overtake him. Now it's blurted away by Gackt like some bad spoiler and Sephiroth just concludes that 'He's Crazy' .

Bullshit !

If he can believe Gackt is crazy then why not conclude the books are bullshit ! Ect ect .

FF7 >>>>>Add on's

fascistcrusader
For starter's its Genesis, not Gackt. Second of all the original scene in Nibelheim cuts away right before Genesis shows up, and doesn't start up again until days later, so the addition of Genesis is not in contradiction with anything from the original.

Then we have the fact that Sephiroth is already going nuts before Genesis shows up. He is already starting to question his existence exactly like he did in the original, the only difference is instead of not showing us what happened, it shows us Genesis was there betweeen the reactor and the library.

Crisis Core shows Sephiroth's descent just as the original UOG describes it. It was being so close to Jenova that allowed her instincts to overcome Sephiroth while he was in a weaker state of mind, and caused him to destroy Nibelheim and go nuts. It was only after Sephiroth fell into the lifestream he realized the truth of Jenova and used his powerful will to take over its mind and made it his slave.

Darkhalen
Ruby no Omega
Ruby, Omega, Ruby
ahhhhhhh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.