Elizabeth Swann Lovefest

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

savvysparrowluv
Elizabeth Swann: The heroine of POTC. We watched her go from sheltered Gov's Daughter to Pirate King to mother. Whether you ship Sparrabeth, Norribeth, Barbossabeth, Beckabeth, Fengabeth, Willabeth or any other ___abeth - you gotta love Lizzie!

A place to discuss the loverly Lizzie Swann.

PirateDiva
I Love Her!!!! smile

Sifzensinril
Beckabeth?! that looks funny big grin

PirateDiva
SPARRABETH THE ONE AND ONLY!!!! W0o0o0o0o0o!

Tramps Lady
just thought of teagueabeth:P

To Freedom
I'm having dirty thoughts now - how about megabeth (1 woman, 10 guys, get it?)

JCapt Jaeh_K.S
Originally posted by Tramps Lady
just thought of teagueabeth:P

Originally posted by To Freedom
I'm having dirty thoughts now - how about megabeth (1 woman, 10 guys, get it?)

shock

are you trying to scare us?

lovethemtigers
well....I loved Elizabeth in COTBP and DMC...but I'm not too sure about AWE....something just wasn't quite right! But it wasn't her fault, not really.....

savvysparrowluv
Personally, I loved seeing Elizabeth grow - she really grew up over the films, she was really a woman ahead of her time.

texgodiva2s
Originally posted by JCapt Jaeh_K.S
shock

are you trying to scare us?

Hot diggedy darnation, leave to go to work for a while and come home to complete rebellion amongst the Brethern and alleged munity of all social mores!! eek! Now we're talkin'!!

The part of me that is like Elisabeth in PotC lead me to be this person that I am today--falls under destined to be an old woman with NO regrets, soooooo Megabeth, might be an interesting (albeit exhausting) life. Cute song by Christine Lavin called Never Call Your Sweetheart by their Name, would work well with a MegaBeth vid--lordy, it just sounds outrageous typing it!! But what a smile will go back to work directly.

And as to Teaguebeth, <sharp intake of breath through clenched teeth, with squinty eyes>, Teaguebeth--I honestly believe that is scarier than Clowns!! Sorta of too all in the familyish somehow, although I believe the kissing gene passes through the male line, hanging on that broken X and I do believe Jack could kiss you and make you think up is down. You know, part of me says, Elisabeth could be persuaded, of course with a definite goal in mind...tiny tall thin delicate Elisabeth, marching through Shipwreck Cove society fine as you please on Teague's arm. Now that's a picture, they would probably have words, make the 'discussions' she had with Jack be only a passing notion. He'd cave in when all was said and done. Our shiny brave Elisabeth, yes, she could handle any or all.

savvysparrowluv
Megabeth? *shiver* Bit too much for me, lol stick out tongue

Teagueabeth...hmm.....I can't really see them in a relationship more than mentor/pupil in shipwreck cove or Teague using Elizabeth as a bit of arm candy at a Shipwreck Cove event wink

Tramps Lady
heheheh, i know, but it just came to mind:P

and yes jaeh.....back into a corner...and stay there.then u'll be scared for good:P

willofthewisp
Since Liz is the king, wouldn't Teague technically be the arm candy? Not eye candy, though. Besides, if they got together, then she and Jack would be brother and sister and that would be weird.

But I LOVE Liz. She's one of my favorite characters of all time and she's a great role model, not for just girls, but everyone. It makes me so mad when people say a woman is a great role model for girls, but a man can be a role model for anyone. She's awesome, and I still like her in AWE. I see nothing anti-feminist about her life since she made all her choices on her own. Plus, she has the coolest job in the world as the Pirate King and has a great husband who will probably worship her once he's back from his 10-year tour. (No offense, Jack. You would be a great husband, but Will's not a bad second place...just not someone I would pick) And she has a cute little boy who, I'm sure, is a lot like her and can help out and make her laugh and do little kid things that make her life very complete. Not to mention she has the greatest friends of all time, Jack and Barbossa. I'm sure Jack comes to visit her a lot and give the kid some male bonding time. She's fantastic in just about every way.

IheartPocky
I was looking through a book my grandpa has of surnames. It tells there origins and what they mean. Swann was English of course, and meant something like purity I think. And Turner meant anyone who made things out of wood, metal and such. Sparrow had two origin meanings things ... I don't remember the one half. It wasn't really like Jack. The other half was that it was a nickname of someone who looked like a sparrow.

Sifzensinril
that's interesting

To Freedom
Pocky, that's a very interesting book of names your grandpa has. Come to think of it, Jack does look like a sparrow - the colour of his clothing, the shape of his hat (like a bird's beak) and his agility.

I totally identify with Lizzy except for her final choice of man. I guess Will Turner is a practical choice - he's not a womanizer, he's dependable (a bit boring), he's not going to run away everytime he's faced with a problem and he will probably be a good provider. But whenever she feels bored with her life, she'll probably think of Jack and regret it a lot.

JCapt Jaeh_K.S
Lizzie is AWEsome. she's smart, a great pirate, has great taste in men, dependable and all that. and she's learning a lot from JAck.. that's a good thing, isn't it? stick out tongue

teagueabeth is definitely disturbing.

teague: I had fun last night.
Liz: I did too....

Jack: *shouts as he steps in the house or something* Dad! I heard a female voice down there! who's yer lucky lassie? *steps in the small room and saw liz and teague*
Bloody- DAD! tell me you just didn't! *looks at them again and turns away* what in the bloody hell are ya two trying to.. YOU ACTUALLY DID IT! *looks and turns away for the third time* I can't take this.. *walks out*

Outside...
Jack: Lizzie-love with.. father? *shivers and walks away with an empty look in his eyes*

inside...
Teague: think we should tell him?
Liz: about what?
teague: his new mom... *raises eyebrow and indicates her* and his new brother...

PLEASE DON'T TORTURE ME WITH SUCH HORROR! STOP THE HORROR! *faints*

Sifzensinril
rofl

yes, that's the horror. no teagueabeth. eh, it's difficult to write

Tramps Lady
heheheh:P

ill be good:P

willofthewisp
Teaguabeth. Wow. I thought I had seen it all. You should write a POTC soap opera.

willofthewisp
http://youtube.com/watch?v=H669fxnisMI

The effect of Liz's kisses

Tramps Lady
lol, well now u have seen it allbig grin

texgodiva2s
okay now pirates, deep breath, one two three Haul Away, minds outta the bilge--love fest somehow would perhaps be better served without thinking about, well, some things.

Swann, Sparrow, Turner--both birds, William Turner was a famous of the time, bird illustrator, and something that maybe isn't right for this spot, but what the heckydo is it with all the double letter names, Beckett even, Mercer, exception to the rule, Marty--Barbossa, Gibbs, Norrington, Cotton.

Real swans mate for life, sparrows have the mate dedication of a gnat.

katelovespirate
Originally posted by willofthewisp
http://youtube.com/watch?v=H669fxnisMI

The effect of Liz's kisses

that's fascinating. It's true. Every single man Lizzie kisses in the series DIES. Seriously, all of them, at one point or another, and usually directly after kissing her. that's hilarious. I never put that together before. What message is that sending the kiddies?

willofthewisp
I don't know. I know she's kissed a lot of guys, but she's not easy. I wonder if some little girl somewhere is traumatized.

(Family sitting together at dinner)

Mom: How was the new pirates movie, sweetie?

Daughter: Pretty good. I liked it.

Mom: Oh, Dad and I want to tell you, our anniversary is tomorrow so we're going out. You're old enough to stay home by yourself.

Daughter: NO! You'll kiss him!

Mom: Yes. Every time your dad and I kiss it's wonderful.

Daughter: But he'll die!

You see where I'm going with this.

savvysparrowluv
Originally posted by texgodiva2s
Real swans mate for life, sparrows have the mate dedication of a gnat.

Well, not all sparrows are polygamous - the Tree Sparrow, Song Sparrow, some of the old-world/European sparrows mate for several breeding seasons, if not for life wink House Sparrows, yeah, totally polygamous if not polygynous stick out tongue

katelovespirate
is that just one of T and T's writing habits of dramatic effect? Her first and only kisses with Norrington, Sao, and Jack are all followed (within moments) by their violent deaths. Not to mention her marriage to Will. Did the Sparrabeth kiss of death just work so spectacularly well in earning them 1 billion that they thought they'd reprise it with every male character under 50 in the series?

PirateDiva
I don't know. I know she's kissed a lot of guys, but she's not easy. I wonder if some little girl somewhere is traumatized.

(Family sitting together at dinner)

Mom: How was the new pirates movie, sweetie?

Daughter: Pretty good. I liked it.

Mom: Oh, Dad and I want to tell you, our anniversary is tomorrow so we're going out. You're old enough to stay home by yourself.

Daughter: NO! You'll kiss him!

Mom: Yes. Every time your dad and I kiss it's wonderful.

Daughter: But he'll die!

You see where I'm going with this.

or or or

Mom and daughter sit around all day on Main St. in Disneyland waiting for the arrivals of Pirates of the Caribbean 4. Finally they movie stars come out.

Mom: Oh honey look, here comes Keira, Elizabeth Swan.

Daughter: (looks at an approaching Keira) She is pretty mommy!

Mom: yes she is...very pretty!

(Keira comes up to them)

Mom: Oh Keira you are so beautiful can I take a picture with you and my daughter?

Keira: Thank you of course. (she picks up the little girl and smiles to the camera, then she couldnt resist and leans to give the very adorable little girl a kiss on the cheek only the little girl begins to cry and scream frantically)

Daughter: She wants to kill me! Mommy dont let her kill me!!!

Keira: (looks horrified and embarrased) Kill you I dont want to kill you.

Daughter: Yes you do! You tried to kiss me!

Keira and Mom look baffled

Daughter: You kissed 4 boys in the movie and they all died!! You are a murderer and you just tried to kiss me!

Keira: (smiled sweetly) Oh sweetie I'm not a murderer with my kisses see...(she pulls a very old man standing next to the mother and daughter and kisses him. The man gasps with excitment then hunches over and clutches his heart then falls dead)

Mom and Daughter gasp

Keira: (whines) First i'm anorexic and now I'm a muderer! (throughs hissy fit) Oh I HATE this business...I QUIT!!!

LoL I tried!!

Tramps Lady
rofl....so funny PD!!!!

Sifzensinril
lol, it was really funny

texgodiva2s
Song sparrows, now that's a lovely one--but Jack he's got to be more LeConte type, all caramel and golden==learn something new everyday don't cha

JCapt Jaeh_K.S
ROFL ROFL!

willofthewisp
Lol, poor Keira. Maybe she's the problem and not Elizabeth. Anyone want to check her other male co-stars' health?

JCapt Jaeh_K.S
... *gasp* maybe she herself is cursed! *gasp again*

Tramps Lady
ooooh! kiera!? could u kiss my mums boyfriend!?

JCapt Jaeh_K.S
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3387900/1/The_Betrayer_and_the_Mutineer

I didn't dare venture into it. it's a barbossabeth(or whatever)... GAH. I was looking for horrible POTC fanfics(don't ask why) and I found it. gaahh...

savvysparrowluv
Barbossabeth? *shiver* - not for me. Barbossa is an awesome character, and I think would be a great mentor for Elizabeth, but I just can't see her going for him...

willofthewisp
Yeah, I don't think Barbossa would go for her either. When he was undead, he got a big kick out of watching her eat, but once he got his, uh, normal life back, I think any fetishes he had for her went away.

savvysparrowluv
Lol, love it Willo. Yeah, I think he thought she was hot (to put it bluntly), but got over it once he died stick out tongue

willofthewisp
Yeah, well said. I'd go so far as to say that any ideas he may have had evaporated the instant he found out she wasn't related to Bootstrap in any way.

JCapt Jaeh_K.S
... agreed.

i must say, barbossabeth is real creepy. what has gotten into that author!

Sifzensinril
agreed... Barbossabeth is creapy, but Teagueabeth is worse

JCapt Jaeh_K.S
True...

maybe I should make a fic based on it! eek!

Tramps Lady
*feels guilty for bad pics in pppls heads:P*

JCapt Jaeh_K.S
yay I must do it! stick out tongue

Sifzensinril
what, Teagueabeth fic?

JCapt Jaeh_K.S
YEP!

PirateDiva
Originally posted by JCapt Jaeh_K.S
... agreed.

i must say, barbossabeth is real creepy. what has gotten into that author!

agreed! I think Barbossa was smart enough to catch on that those who kissed Elizabeth met their ends shortly after!! lol

Though i have no problem with Barbosia (lol...Barbossa n Tia! sorry couldnt remember their ship name) Perfectly fitting!! lol

JCapt Jaeh_K.S
lol true diva.. *nods eagerly*

Sifzensinril
Originally posted by PirateDiva
agreed! I think Barbossa was smart enough to catch on that those who kissed Elizabeth met their ends shortly after!! lol

Though i have no problem with Barbosia (lol...Barbossa n Tia! sorry couldnt remember their ship name) Perfectly fitting!! lol
I was told it's Tiabossa

savvysparrowluv
Here is a Sparrabeth (but Elizabeth- centric) vid that I made several months ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avCafJVHJ7A

Sorry about the subtitles, it was the only version of AWE I could find at the time *grumble*

Tramps Lady
yer, i watched that one a while ago, and i made commentnessbig grin

it was VERY goodbig grin

willofthewisp
I guess this is weird, but barbossabeth doesn't disgust me. I'm not a fan of it, not at all and would never ever ship it, but it just doesn't have the gag factor it probably should, lol.

Anyone notice that even on her own thread, our main concern for Lizzie is who she should be paired with? Oh well.

savvysparrowluv
Yeah, thats a good point Willo. Though I'm a sparrabether heart and soul (and a norribether second) - I also like an independent Lizzie, standing on her own, pillaging the seas. She is such a strong character, you just gotta love her wink

Barbossabeth creeped me out for a long time, until AWE when we got to see more of Barbossa's character - I still wouldn't ship it, but it doesn't gross me out like Teagueabeth *shudder*

willofthewisp
Yeah, Teagueabeth does gross me out.

PirateDiva
Originally posted by Sifzensinril
I was told it's Tiabossa

haha that would make much sense Thankee!! lol

savvysparrowluv
Whew!

With all the Elizabeth bashing I've been hearing recently, I needed to come on here to the Lizzie Sanctuary to get away, lol!

So, lets see- how to get the conversation sparking...hm....

Best Moment for Elizabeth in the series? Best Line? Best outfit? stick out tongue Any thoughts?

willofthewisp
I think the best moment for Lizzie is her speech in AWE. It's cheesy, yes, but it's a big, big moment for her. We saw up until then that she was gorgeous, quick on her feet, clever, brave, and most of the time noble in spite of being a bit too ballsy for her own good. And here we saw that she is a leader. The pirates won't be let down with her as their king and it's so great to see a woman motivating everyone up for a war. She joined the ranks of Patton there (the character, not the real person...I'm not that obsessive) and we knew an awesome battle would happen afterwards.

willofthewisp
Ahem, this is called "Why Elizabeth's Life Sucks"

1. At some point in her life, her mom dies and her dad has no sense of adventure
2. While crossing over to the Caribbean should have been an adventurous experience, she is put in charge of young Will. While this isn't really a bad experience, it's a lot to unload on a little girl, especially when she thinks the boy is a pirate.
3. Elizabeth has a crush on Will....and is called "Miss Swann," leading her to believe Will doesn't like her.
4. A guy that she might have had a strong friendship with (James) ruins things by proposing to her.
5. She almost drowns.
6. She's kidnapped from her home by mean pirates.
7. She has to deal with Pintel and Ragetti.
8. She gets the sh*t scared out of her upon discovering the mean pirates are actually undead pirates.
9. Barbossa smacks her so hard she passes out and has a nasty cut on her hand.
10. It is implied she will be raped by the crew after they capture her, Jack, and Will. While that doesn't happen to her, that's terrifying enough.
11. She is forced to walk the plank and is marooned. While Jack is there and that makes it all better, there is the thought in the back of her head that they'll both just die there. I'm sure she'd have a great time with him if they had a little rowboat to go places for food, water, and shelter.
12. She has to break the guy's heart that proposed to her.
13. Her expensive wedding is ruined and her dress looks like baby poop.
14. Somewhere along the line, her beautiful wavy brown hair turned into dry, straw-colored crap.
15. She sits in jail where her fiance won't kiss her, but a bunch of low-lifes are more than willing to.
16. She finds out that not only is Will not with Jack so the trio idea is gone, but Will is actually with Davy Jones.
17. She has the guilty feelings of lusting after Jack while engaged to Will. (I'm counting this as bad because it does cause her a lot of stress and she's kind of the Yoko Ono of the series)
18. She's attacked by a kraken.
19. The only way she kisses Jack is if she's going to kill him. She does, and she feels terrible and is wracked with guilt.
20. Her fiance won't talk to her and she won't talk to him because they're really children who are not ready for marriage.
21. Her other friend (Jack) is mean to her when she sees him again.
22. Her dad dies!!!!!!!
23. She finds out Will keeps secrets from her...finds out deception is a two-way street.
24. She's almost raped by a guy who thinks she's a goddess. I wonder if after the sex he would have changed his mind....
25. Seconds after being named captain, the ship is captured. You can't tell me she didn't see that as a bad omen.
26. She meets her old friend (James) and suspects he helped kill her dad.
27. She meets her future faither-in-law who is a crazy coral reef.
28. Her friend dies after remind her how much he loves her!!!!!!!!!!!!
29. She gets her wedding...during a battle on a ship where Barbossa of all people marries them.
30. Davy Jones knocks her out.
31. She watches Will die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
32. She finds out that Will is okay for the time being, but they can never really be together because he is cursed to ferry souls lost at sea for 10 years, after which he can see her for all of 24 hours before going out for another 10 years. Oh, and possibly....she might have to go without falling in love/sex with someone else because that may or may not free him from the curse....I'm confused.
33. Her pirate friends who have all had sex before embarass her as they lead her to her rowboat to go lose her virginity in the perverted Wizard of Oz scene.
34. Jack won't kiss her goodbye.
35. Surprise, surprise...her 24 hours with her husband are up and he's out to sea.
36. We have no idea if she had a lot of support being pregnant, giving birth, and raising her son on top of being the Pirate King. I'm sure Teague and the "citizens" of Shipwreck Cove helped her and Jack came to help her out, but we don't know for sure.
37. Although she retains her figure, after 10 years fashion has changed and baggy vests are in.

katelovespirate
I just laughed so hard i snorted. all thanks to Willo, who always knows when to provide us with entertainment so rich and classic we hardly deserve it. I can't even begin. i was going to quote the parts i liked best, but i think i would have to quote the whole thing... oh my word... i loved the last one, i loved the part about them not being ready for marriage, the baby poop dress, the fact that her hair got disgusting, the perverted wizard of oz scene... HAHAHAHA> XOXOXOXO thank you.

willofthewisp
You're the best, Kate! You're the inspiration!

savvysparrowluv
Perverted Oz Scene! *snort* Love it Willo, where do you come up with these things girl? That was AWESOME!!! big grin

piratexrory
I think I just peed my pants.

I loved it so much, Willo -- especially the end part, ack.. so true! smile

About Lizzie dear..

There was something about her in AWE that kept on bugging me. I cannie quite put my finger on it but I was like --ugh, wtf?--

I am not a woman with words, nor a word of the woman, but if this woman cannot say what she wants through words, how can the words of this woman be told by the woman of no words?.... Savvy?......

willofthewisp
Hopefully at the end, 10 years later, she's grown out of that.

christnabarrett

1. At some point in her life, her mom dies and her dad has no sense of adventure
2. While crossing over to the Caribbean should have been an adventurous experience, she is put in charge of young Will. While this isn't really a bad experience, it's a lot to unload on a little girl, especially when she thinks the boy is a pirate.
3. Elizabeth has a crush on Will....and is called "Miss Swann," leading her to believe Will doesn't like her.
4. A guy that she might have had a strong friendship with (James) ruins things by proposing to her.
5. She almost drowns.
8. She gets the sh*t scared out of her upon discovering the mean pirates are actually undead pirates.
10. It is implied she will be raped by the crew after they capture her, Jack, and Will. While that doesn't happen to her, that's terrifying enough.
11. She is forced to walk the plank and is marooned. While Jack is there and that makes it all better, there is the thought in the back of her head that they'll both just die there. I'm sure she'd have a great time with him if they had a little rowboat to go places for food, water, and shelter.
14. Somewhere along the line, her beautiful wavy brown hair turned into dry, straw-colored crap.
15. She sits in jail where her fiance won't kiss her, but a bunch of low-lifes are more than willing to.
16. She finds out that not only is Will not with Jack so the trio idea is gone, but Will is actually with Davy Jones.
17. She has the guilty feelings of lusting after Jack while engaged to Will. (I'm counting this as bad because it does cause her a lot of stress and she's kind of the Yoko Ono of the series)
19. The only way she kisses Jack is if she's going to kill him. She does, and she feels terrible and is wracked with guilt.
20. Her fiance won't talk to her and she won't talk to him because they're really children who are not ready for marriage.
22. Her dad dies!!!!!!!
23. She finds out Will keeps secrets from her...finds out deception is a two-way street.
24. She's almost raped by a guy who thinks she's a goddess. I wonder if after the sex he would have changed his mind....
25. Seconds after being named captain, the ship is captured. You can't tell me she didn't see that as a bad omen.
29. She gets her wedding...during a battle on a ship where Barbossa of all people marries them.
32. She finds out that Will is okay for the time being, but they can never really be together because he is cursed to ferry souls lost at sea for 10 years, after which he can see her for all of 24 hours before going out for another 10 years. Oh, and possibly....she might have to go without falling in love/sex with someone else because that may or may not free him from the curse....I'm confused.
33. Her pirate friends who have all had sex before embarass her as they lead her to her rowboat to go lose her virginity in the perverted Wizard of Oz scene.
35. Surprise, surprise...her 24 hours with her husband are up and he's out to sea.
36. We have no idea if she had a lot of support being pregnant, giving birth, and raising her son on top of being the Pirate King. I'm sure Teague and the "citizens" of Shipwreck Cove helped her and Jack came to help her out, but we don't know for sure.
37. Although she retains her figure, after 10 years fashion has changed and baggy vests are in.

That's right!! I agree:

I was thinking of the differences in Elizabeth's hair, etc., as well.

I feel and calculate it is and themed as an Out of Afrikka theme:

(all the pictures of Elizabeth Swann from http://pirates.wikia.com/wiki/Elizabeth_Swann in order)

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x57/neatokitty11/ElizabethSwannb18.jpg

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x57/neatokitty11/ElizabethSwann2-1.jpg

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x57/neatokitty11/ElizabethSwannb10-1.jpg

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x57/neatokitty11/ElizabethSwannb14-1.jpg

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x57/neatokitty11/ElizabethSwannb15.jpg

(cont. bc too many images)

christnabarrett
(cont. bc too many images)

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x57/neatokitty11/ElizabethSwannb12-1.jpg

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x57/neatokitty11/ElizabethSwannb16.jpg

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x57/neatokitty11/ElizabethSwannb17.jpg

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x57/neatokitty11/ElizabethSwann1-1.jpg

christnabarrett

5. She almost drowns.
22. Her dad dies!!!!!!!

Why Elizabeth's Life Sucks

1 - She holds secret depression over physical pleasures even though she finds herself on the top of the food chain of it.
2 - She might be mating Will bc he rescues her in the beginning.
3 - She can't get close to Jack. (Not physical enough.?)
4 - She is haunted by Barbossa, etc.
5 - She does not communicate much with anyone on any thang.
6 - She doesn't get to hold "the dog with the key."
7 - She isn't Lady in Red (or will she? Please!. But maybe that's not the pt b/c Scarlett is.)
8 - She doesn't like apples...
9 - I never see her fixing her hair actually or really in the water....
10 - She is so bored she will either Die or have Identity Crisis.

= yes, either ignored at all times in any attempts to function or a spoiled brat

....11 - She looks sometimes completely dorky with Sparrow. ? Why is that. (Not the actress; she is like the world....)
devil2

hard to really get in any connections; wonders who holds what keys wallbash

I guess it's a spiced-up version of Elizabeth Swann. They really need that, too, though.. lol1

borg

IheartPocky
I love elizabeth swann and i think thats the reason why so many females love these movies. its basically through her pov and women and girls love to feel like they are elizabeth!!!!

savvysparrowluv
Yeah, I agree Pocky - Elizabeth's story is very impowering to girls, or at least it was for me wink

Sifzensinril
smile we should have story without her.. Captain Jack is hot, but can you imagine Barbossa'd kidnap Will instead of her?

christnabarrett
Originally posted by IheartPocky
I love elizabeth swann and i think thats the reason why so many females love these movies. its basically through her pov and women and girls love to feel like they are elizabeth!!!!

I like to feel like I'm the little girls in C+tCF; I'd never be Charlie and probably not work as Willy. I'd not actually want to be a Loompa.

If I was in PotC, I still would want to be Elizabeth as a character/person. I wonder if the actress gets to dye her hair and wear her own contacts.

PirateDiva
LiZZiE LoVe!!!!

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/pinkdiva71803/POTC/potc3387-1.jpg

texgodiva2s
Nothing says loving like Lizzie with a big old piece of metal swinging about her.

I think the whole idea of one woman, lots of men--that's hot! Being the Queen Bee is where it's at.

christnabarrett
Originally posted by IheartPocky
I was looking through a book my grandpa has of surnames. It tells there origins and what they mean. Swann was English of course, and meant something like purity I think. And Turner meant anyone who made things out of wood, metal and such. Sparrow had two origin meanings things ... I don't remember the one half. It wasn't really like Jack. The other half was that it was a nickname of someone who looked like a sparrow.

But she already looks like Elizabeth Sparrow (another Thread wooosh)

a ya I don't think she likes being Elizabeth Turner. 4 will be about divorce and abortion.

christnabarrett
I was discussing 101 Dalmations, or starting to, in another thread....

I believe they put the lucky horseshoe on Lucky not to make him easier to discuss but to entice ppl to admit they would/might like him.

The novel is almost not stimulating bc Cadpig goes around in a wagon with a TV.

And I said, talk @ PotC or Harry Potter if you wanna talk @ being a baby..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.