War of the Independents

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King_Mungi
You know what? I'm actually really interested in this

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/w/warindep.htm

SpookySmurph
Originally posted by King_Mungi
You know what? I'm actually really interested in this

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/w/warindep.htm Lots of Canadian representation... ermmoh

King_Mungi
Yeah I saw a few, and quite suprized. I actually saw some images from the Canadian Legion, pretty impressive stuff.

Got to love Cerebus as he is Canadian created :P

SpookySmurph
Well, we ARE the pwnzorz... Canadiana, Canadian Ninja and Captain Canduck have the best names, clearly. smile

Not that they're all in this thing, but I felt I should point it out.

Blight
Get damn MSN Smurph!

SpookySmurph
Originally posted by Blight
Get damn MSN Smurph! Okies...

Blight
Right NOW!!!!

Then find me. I'm [email protected]

Switch 07
You only just heard of this? confused

But yes it looks good.

Alfheim
Cool they got a Captain Africa....some of the other characters look a bit wack.

Switch 07
Originally posted by Alfheim
Cool they got a Captain Africa....some of the other characters look a bit wack.

Is it because hes black hes cool? Because that is a dumb character name.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Alfheim
Originally posted by Switch 07
Is it because hes black hes cool? Because that is a dumb character name.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Well Captain America is my favourite superhero. no expression

Switch 07
Originally posted by Alfheim
Well Captain America is my favourite superhero. no expression Yeah but the name itself is dumb for cultures that don't...well you know have captains.

no expression

ScarletSpider
Kind of a dumb name too, because Africa isn't one country, nor is it even really that well unified. It would like having a Captain Europe or Captain Asia. Egypt is more part of the Middle East, whereas South Africa is structured much like average modern Western culture, but then there are the many other countries stricken with AIDS, famine, ethnic cleansing, etc.

So which ideal set is he representing?

Citizen V
Yeah but the name itself is dumb for cultures that don't...well you know have captains.

no expression

Oh yeah, because African cultures doesn't have Captains.

no expression.

SpookySmurph
Originally posted by Citizen V

no expression. It's illegal. erm

Switch 07

no expression. I am not up do date on Africans army's. So maybe they have captains in theirs and maybe not. no expression

Citizen V
I am not up do date on Africans army's. So maybe they have captains in theirs and maybe not. no expression

Why comment on something you have no knowledge about then?

Switch 07
Why comment on something you have no knowledge about then? Well why not.

If I didn't say I wouldn't have found out. no expression

Citizen V
Well why not.

If I didn't say I wouldn't have found out. no expression

Because you have absolutely no knowledge about it?

Well don't berate somebody else about their taste and choice in characters, then try and be smart and make comments about others cultures to admit afterwards you don't have a clue what you're going on about.

Yeah, asking would have been alot easier than trying to be smart and failing.

Switch 07
Because you have absolutely no knowledge about it?

Well don't berate somebody else about their taste and choice in characters, then try and be smart and make comments about others cultures to admit afterwards you don't have a clue what you're going on about.

Yeah, asking would have been alot easier than trying to be smart and failing. laughing

Where am I trying to be smart?

Who takes no expression seriously. laughing out loud

Half the forum doesn't know what they are talking about with comics so who cares.

Moving onto to something worthwhile. zorro

Citizen V
laughing

Half the forum doesn't know what they are talking about with comics so who cares.

Moving onto to something worthwhile. zorro

Yeah, keep dodging.

Switch 07
Yeah, keep dodging. laughing out loud

Dodge what. If I see something worthwhile or interesting to respond to I will.

I will post what I like. Deal with it. I will joke when I want. Deal with it.

Citizen V
laughing out loud

Dodge what. If I see something worthwhile or interesting to respond to I will.

I will post what I like. Deal with it. I will joke when I want. Deal with it.

That's great, good for you.

OT: It's a shame some of the characters from the Invincible Universe aren't in this (Invincible, Allen the Alien, The Immortal, Rex Splode, Brit etc.), that would of been pretty sweet.

King_Mungi
Been reading some interviews and the Invincible characters actually might appear

SpookySmurph
laughing

Moving onto to something worthwhile. zorro I wuz rong, but teh hole forum iz rong n-e-wais...!

DigiMark007
This miniseries seems like it has "Fail" written all over it.

No offense, but it's too much obscurity. I couldn't identify the majority of characters, and anyone who reads a lot of comics and is a frequent contributor to KMC is in the upper echelon of comic knowledge. For every 1 I know, there'll be 4 I don't. Boredom will ensue.

They're trying to pull together too many niche markets, and will probably have such a small target audience that it will flop. If you're Mungi, woot (congrats bud wink ). For the rest of us, meh.

But that's me.

Alfheim
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
Kind of a dumb name too, because Africa isn't one country, nor is it even really that well unified. It would like having a Captain Europe or Captain Asia. Egypt is more part of the Middle East, whereas South Africa is structured much like average modern Western culture, but then there are the many other countries stricken with AIDS, famine, ethnic cleansing, etc.

So which ideal set is he representing?

Now that is a good point.

Black Adam
I see Zot, Madman, and Bomb queen....

I like them all individually and in their own worlds with their own writers..but can't really see them interacting with each other without it looking kind of meh.

But I'll wait and see I guess.

as for the rest...Dragon and the pro where the only other ones I recognised right off the bat. Never really cared for Dragon and I hope The pro gets her head blown off.

Switch 07
Originally posted by Black Adam
I see Zot, Madman, and Bomb queen....

I like them all individually and in their own worlds with their own writers..but can't really see them interacting with each other without it looking kind of meh.

But I'll wait and see I guess.

as for the rest...Dragon and the pro where the only other ones I recognised right off the bat. Never really cared for Dragon and I hope The pro gets her head blown off.

Dragons pretty cool. Stopped reading him years ago know.

I reconise:

The Badger
Shi
Shadowhawk
Bomb Queen
Dragon
Madman

Not a bad line up. If this works its a dream come true and will be getting it.

Futureman
Originally posted by DigiMark007
This miniseries seems like it has "Fail" written all over it.

No offense, but it's too much obscurity. I couldn't identify the majority of characters, and anyone who reads a lot of comics and is a frequent contributor to KMC is in the upper echelon of comic knowledge. For every 1 I know, there'll be 4 I don't. Boredom will ensue.

They're trying to pull together too many niche markets, and will probably have such a small target audience that it will flop. If you're Mungi, woot (congrats bud wink ). For the rest of us, meh.

But that's me.

I knew manyof them. I don't think many on KMC know much beyond mainstream comics and what they glean from one or two exceptional posters who really know comics. I might be wrong though being a new member.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.