The stamina test!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Merlyn
Which of the following characters can last the longest going all out?

This will not be a battle between the following characters, just a test to see who among them can keep going the longest amount of time...

The characters are:

1.) Superman
2.) Surfer
3.) Firestorm
4.) Sentry
5.) J'onn
6.) Thor
7.) Hal Jordan

Who can outlast the rest?

tkitna
Sentry

llagrok
Superman

SuperiorTech
Maybe throw jugg's in there.

Galan007
I'd think FS for sure.

Citizen V
On sheer will alone? Hal Jordan.

Physically? Superman/Thor.

Soljer
Firestorm or the Surfer.

Merlyn
Originally posted by Citizen V
On sheer will alone? Hal Jordan.

Physically? Superman/Thor. If these characters were to use their abilities non-stop, untill they dropped.

Soljer
DEFINITELY not Hal Jordan.

Look at the most recent issues of GL and GLC. It's depressing.

"Power Check!"

"10%"

"4%"

".05%"

Gah.

Merlyn
Originally posted by Galan007
I'd think FS for sure. How come?

Evolve
Surfer, Thor or Firestorm

Galan007
Originally posted by Soljer

"Power Check!"

"10%"

"4%"

".05%"

Gah. laughing out loud
Originally posted by Merlyn
How come? Meh,

The Firestorm-Matrix = A source of "infinite" power.

Firestorm leeches his energy from the Matrix, which again is an infinite energy source...

I don't know about you, but I'd think it would take a pretty long time to use up an infinite supply of energy.

srug

Citizen V

"Power Check!"

"10%"

"4%"

".05%"

Gah.

"Without my power ring I'm super-powerless...except from the waist down!"

thumb up.

Hal's far from done when his ring's run out of power, believe me.

Soljer
laughing out loud
Meh,

The Firestorm-Matrix = A source of "infinite" power.

Firestorm leeches his energy from the Matrix, which again is an infinite energy source...

I don't know about you, but I'd think it would take a pretty long time to use up an infinite supply of energy.

srug

To use up? Sure.

To get tired of using? Nah.

Just making the distinction.

After all, the power cosmic is pretty limitless itself...

Galan007
To use up? Sure.

To get tired of using? Nah.

Just making the distinction.

After all, the power cosmic is pretty limitless itself... Just making it known that unlike most of the other characters' finite power sources that are involved in this thread -- Firestorm's energy source is without limit.

It was not meant to take anything away from the others, but that gives him a hefty advantage from the start, imo.

TricksterPriest
Hey Galan, wasn't it Prof. Stein who said that although the matrix has infinite energy, trying to use too much burns out Firestorm?

Soljer
Just making it known that unlike most of the other characters' finite power sources that are involved in this thread -- Firestorm's energy source is without limit.

It was not meant to take anything away from the others, but that gives him a hefty advantage from the start, imo.

But not in my opinion.

If your 'bucket' is only a gallon deep, it doesn't really matter if you draw it from the ocean, a swimming pool, or a bathtub.

Sirius77
Superman, Hal, Firestorm, and Silver Surfer.

Galan007
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Hey Galan, wasn't it Prof. Stein who said that although the matrix has infinite energy, trying to use too much burns out Firestorm? The complete energy of the Matrix would burn any being out, according to Martin -- And I never said anything about FS having infinite energy.

Just wanted to throw out the fact that the energy source FS taps, is infinite in supply, . smile

Galan007
But not in my opinion.

If your 'bucket' is only a gallon deep, it doesn't really matter if you draw it from the ocean, a swimming pool, or a bathtub. Did I ever make a claim that FS can draw from his energy source for an infinite amount of time? ermmno

Just pointed out the fact that his primary energy source won't run out of energy like another beings source would -- Nothing more. smile

Soljer
The complete energy of the Matrix would burn any being out, according to Martin -- And I never said anything about FS having infinite energy.

Just wanted to throw out the fact that the energy source FS taps, is infinite in supply, . smile

Which is great - but Firestorm can still burn out even if the energies of the matrix are infinite.

Meaning the fact that he draws from an infinite supply helps him in a contest of stamina....not at all. no expression.

I'm not saying you're wrong, and I honestly believe that Firestorm may have one of the best staminas as far as full-out-power-usage goes....

But the small amount of reasoning you used to support that assertion seemed quite faulty to me.

Soljer
Did I ever make a claim that FS can draw from his energy source for an infinite amount of time? ermmno

Just pointed out the fact that his primary energy source won't run out of energy like another beings source would -- Nothing more. smile

But you asserted that it'd be a hefty advantage.

And it really isn't in the least.

The fact that you draw the water from an ocean doesn't change the amount of water you can draw. The fact that the matrix's energies are infinite give no advantage to Firestorm's stamina.

Galan007
The fact that the matrix's energies are infinite give no advantage to Firestorm's stamina. I disagree.

Your argument would be more valid if FS was known for dropping all the time, because he had been using his power for too long, but that's not the case at all.

From what I've seen, his stamina seems to be even greater then Superman's, -- Tach onthe fact that he has an infinite source of energy to tap, and he should be near the top of this thread.

That's not to say FS can go on indefinitely, just that IMO, he can go on for a really, really long time. stick out tongue

Soljer
Sure, he has great stamina. But THAT'S the fact you should be touting. Show off his big bucket (giggle) - not the ocean.

john allerdyce
Surfer/firestorm get my nods. big grin

Galan007
Sure, he has great stamina. But THAT'S the fact you should be touting. Show off his big bucket (giggle) - not the ocean. You had me at, big bucket. giggle00

nvrbeenwthagirl
I"m gonna go with Firestorm. SImply put, He only has to choose which powers NOT TO take. NOt how much power he takes. Just the kinds.

Silent Master
Thor, it's been stated he could fight for years.

supremthor
Doomsday outlast them all...

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Silent Master
Thor, it's been stated he could fight for years.

Unless Someone shoots him with a bullet and pierces his skin. then he's out of the game.

Harry Fingerman
Sentry.

A million exploding suns is a hellov a lot of power... shifty

Silent Master
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Unless Someone shoots him with a bullet and pierces his skin. then he's out of the game.

I think it's 'cute' that you are so threatened by a comic character you have to respond anytime them being good at something is mentioned.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Silent Master
I think it's 'cute' that you are so threatened by a comic character you have to respond anytime them being good at something is mentioned.
Um What?

magellan
Originally posted by Harry Fingerman
Sentry.

A million exploding suns is a hellov a lot of power... shifty

apparently a million exploding suns is enough to stop sentry's nose from bleeding after being punched by Iron Man.

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by magellan
apparently a million exploding suns is enough to stop sentry's nose from bleeding after being punched by Iron Man.

Superman was busted open by Batman in the Dark Knight Returns buddy. Remember the boot to the chin?

KMC_Drifter
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
Superman was busted open by Batman in the Dark Knight Returns buddy. Remember the boot to the chin?

Yeah, but that is just CIS....Batman doesn't have the strength to even move Superman...or even phase him for that matter.

tkitna
Originally posted by KMC_Drifter
Yeah, but that is just CIS....Batman doesn't have the strength to even move Superman...or even phase him for that matter.

As was Iron Man giving Sentry a bloody nose.

llagrok
Originally posted by tkitna
As was Iron Man giving Sentry a bloody nose.

Not really.

Iron Man has like at least class 90 strength, Batman is human. His suit gives him a slight strength boost, that's it.

Priest
Surfer ftw
Thor comes in 2nd

Priest
edit

Endless Mike
Martian Manhunter fought non - stop for 20,000 years in JLA 1 Million

SpookySmurph
About Sentry- For all we know, Sentry's actual durability level (ie, what he'd use on KMC) is 100x anything we've seen, judging by how he accesses only fraction of his power. I doubt that means just his strength...

For the thread, are we to assume Superman's constantly in sunlight?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.