Silver Surfer Runs the DC Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nvrbeenwthagirl
How many wins does he get out of each of these beings?

1Metamorpho
2Martian Manhunter
3Captain Atom
4Guy Gardner
5Kilowog
6Auron I
7Mantis
8Orion with AF
9Firestorm
10Hal Jordan
11Infinity Man
12The Nebula Man
13KC Gog

Harry Fingerman
He beats MM 10/10.

The rest don't matter... shifty

tdawg14
stops at 11

King Kandy
I agree. Stops at eleven.

Faceman

Sirius77
He stops at seven or eight. Hard.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I can see surfer having fits starting at 5. Getting to 7 and really having some problems. Especially given mantis own energy absorbtion powers and antimatter attacks. Oen shot of the AF at full blast and surfer is dead. 8 is where I draw the line. Tho technically 8-10 can all stalemate/beat the surfer. IMO.

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
How many wins does he get out of each of these beings?

1Metamorpho
2Martian Manhunter
3Captain Atom
4Guy Gardner
5Kilowog
6Auron I
7Mantis
8Orion with AF
9Firestorm
10Hal Jordan
11Infinity Man
12The Nebula Man
13KC Gog So does he get a break or is it just one after the other?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by HueyFreeman
So does he get a break or is it just one after the other?
Full rest after each fight.

HueyFreeman
8-10 is around his stopping point. Each of those are close calls where the fight could go either way.

Harry Fingerman

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Harry Fingerman
14. You have been extra Bran lately. I mean a real bran hole. you must ain't got no cooch in a few days. sad

Ouallada
Stops at 11, although 8-10 could technically beat him. I would give the surfer an advantage in all those battles though, however slight.

CaptainStoic
Stops at 11.

Gecko4lif
orion schools him

SpiderGauntlet
Loses at 8 or 10 =/.

Gecko4lif
He cant beat anybody past 8im pretty sure

MAYBE firestorm but im not sure on that.

ALEMASTER
stops somewhere from 7 -11

Juntai
a real bran hole.sad LOL.

llagrok
7-9

Bouboumaster
He stop at 11 IF he don't loose at 8.

llagrok
Actually, I'm going with 4

Soljer
11 sounds about right, as long as we give draws to the runner.

Decimus
I'd say he stops at 10. Hal would at least stalemate him.

nimbus006
I pretty much agree w/ everyone. If he is at his best he stops at 11, but he could lose anywhere starting from 7.

Bouboumaster
I'm pretty sure that Surfer would beat Hal. If they're equal in power (even if I think that Surfer could be more powerful), Surfer could outlast him: Hal don't have the same reserve of energy that the Surfer have... The power cosmic is infinit, not the ring.

Galan007
I don't see him getting past Hal personally.

Burning thought
could not the surfer speed blitz hal jordan before he can use any powers? the dude can go light speeds cant he?

Galan007
Originally posted by Burning thought
could not the surfer speed blitz hal jordan before he can use any powers? the dude can go light speeds cant he? Hal's automatic shield may pose a problem in that scenario.

Soljer
Originally posted by Galan007
I don't see him getting past Hal personally.

I see Hal and the Surfer being about 5/10 - hence Norrin getting to 11 if the ties go to the runner.

Soljer
Hal's automatic shield may pose a problem in that scenario.

Autoshields only activate in response to fatal attacks. The Silver Surfer hardly needs to (nor usually WANTS to) kill....

Galan007
Originally posted by Soljer
I see Hal and the Surfer being about 5/10 - hence Norrin getting to 11 if the ties go to the runner. If stalemating = a win for Surfer, then I agree that 11 is about right.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
I'm pretty sure that Surfer would beat Hal. If they're equal in power (even if I think that Surfer could be more powerful), Surfer could outlast him: Hal don't have the same reserve of energy that the Surfer have... The power cosmic is infinit, not the ring. Personally, I'd have phrased that differently. Hal's will generates the majority of his protection and it is strong, but not infinite. That's where the Surfer would wear away at a GL's defenses. All he really needs is a crack in Jordan's will to get at the man underneath. IMO, Surfer has the edge over even strong GLs because Surfer's superhuman stats do not fluctuate based on willpower.

I'm with the majority here. Surfer makes it to 11.

Burning thought
hmm automatic shield, is this shield indefinatley strong?, also when you say automatic, is it always up? or does it go up faster than light or any speed surfer can go at?

Galan007
Autoshields only activate in response to fatal attacks. The Silver Surfer hardly needs to (nor usually WANTS to) kill.... If Surfer were to punch an unprotected Hal at >light speeds -- It would more then likely kill him, no?

Acrosurge
If Surfer were to punch an unprotected Hal at >light speeds -- It would more then likely killed him, no? Personally, I think Surfer could mediate his blows even at that speed. *shrugs*

jrodslam
Hal don't have the same reserve of energy that the Surfer have... The power cosmic is infinit, not the ring.

Surfer has stated before that not only does his powers have limits, but hes exhausted most of it and needed to recharge via sleep.erm

Acrosurge
Originally posted by jrodslam
Surfer has stated before that not only does his powers have limits, but hes exhausted most of it and needed to recharge via sleep.erm And it has also been stated that he doesn't need sleep and that he places limits upon himself. no expression

Who do you believe?

Even supposing Surfer somehow exhausts his PC, his speed, strength, and durability far outclass Hal's. Also, the Surfer would still have his board, which does not have to utilize the Surfer's PC in order to operate. *shrugs*

Sundipped
Originally posted by nimbus006
I pretty much agree w/ everyone. If he is at his best he stops at 11, but he could lose anywhere starting from 7.

thumb up That's what I was thinking.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Acrosurge
And it has also been stated that he doesn't need sleep and that he places limits upon himself. no expression

Who do you believe?

Even supposing Surfer somehow exhausts his PC, his speed, strength, and durability far outclass Hal's. Also, the Surfer would still have his board, which does not have to utilize the Surfer's PC in order to operate. *shrugs*

Who do i beleve? Well, Surfer said those things himself.erm

Now regarding Surfers speed, Hal has been know to travel ftl as well. Surfer wont be flying in circles and shooting beams on the insides here. Also, how many strength feats does Surfer have? Is strength an issue here? I doubt it. Thirdly, durability wise, Hal has survived some pretty powerful things, one being an explosion that He didnt think Supes was capable of surviving. And what is Surfers board going to do to Hal?

Acrosurge
Originally posted by jrodslam
Who do i beleve? Well, Surfer said those things himself.erm

Now regarding Surfers speed, Hal has been know to travel ftl as well. Surfer wont be flying in circles and shooting beams on the insides here. Also, how many strength feats does Surfer have? Is strength an issue here? I doubt it. Thirdly, durability wise, Hal has survived some pretty powerful things, one being an explosion that He didnt think Supes was capable of surviving. And what is Surfers board going to do to Hal? I don't want to make this thread exclusively about Surfer and Hal. There are other threads for that. I just want to clear up the point I was making: Surfer and Hal have comparable feats, but beneath their respective PC and Oan energy, their physical stats are not equal.

When Hal's will falters, he has all the frailties of a man. If the Surfer's PC falters, he's still a nigh indestructible, superstrong guy on a board that will still obey his thoughts. This is why I favor Surfer over GLs in a battle.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I don't want to make this thread exclusively about Surfer and Hal. There are other threads for that. I just want to clear up the point I was making: Surfer and Hal have comparable feats, but beneath their respective PC and Oan energy, their physical stats are not equal.

When Hal's will falters, he has all the frailties of a man. If the Surfer's PC falters, he's still a nigh indestructible, superstrong guy on a board that will still obey his thoughts. This is why I favor Surfer over GLs in a battle.

So how then does Surfer beat Kilowog who is far stronger than He under all of the feats. And Wog can pretty much do anything any top tier GL can. And he's the best fighter amongts all GL"s.

Acrosurge
So how then does Surfer beat Kilowog who is far stronger than He under all of the feats. And Wog can pretty much do anything any top tier GL can. And he's the best fighter amongts all GL"s. Given the scenario that both fighters have exhausted their will/PC, Surfer vs Kilowog should be a better fight than Surfer vs any human GL, due to Kilowog's superior stats. I'd still bet on Surfer; even when PC exhausted, he still has that darn board.

jrodslam
And he's the best fighter amongts all GL"s.

Is that a fact?

Juntai
When Hal is in full on ring-slinger mode, an entire platoon of GLs couldn't shine his ring.

Evolve
I'm thinking 11.

Decimus
Given the scenario that both fighters have exhausted their will/PC, Surfer vs Kilowog should be a better fight than Surfer vs any human GL, due to Kilowog's superior stats. I'd still bet on Surfer; even when PC exhausted, he still has that darn board.

Kilowag isn't superior to Hal when they both have rings at full power though. Idk maybe he is. Question: What if Hal temporarily destroyed surfer's board and then proceeds to beat him on the ground while he is stranded. To my knowledge the Surfer cannot fly without his board. The Surfer could create a new board but Hal could destroy it again. Anyway my point is Hal is known to be the most iconic and the greatest GL due to his unique capacity for will power which is unequalled - human or not (excluding symbiotic/parasitic entities) Whether others are suppose to out do him or not (Sodam Yat) does not take away from him presently. Rationally he could at least stalemate Surfer once or beat him once right?

Soljer
If Surfer were to punch an unprotected Hal at >light speeds -- It would more then likely kill him, no?

If he runs INTO hal.

I'm talking about if he runs PAST hal, and lets out just enough of a blast to knock him out, put him to sleep, or otherwise non-lethally incapacitate him.

Again, I still see that fight being 5/10. Just discussing the whole autoshield thing with you.

So how then does Surfer beat Kilowog who is far stronger than He under all of the feats. And Wog can pretty much do anything any top tier GL can. And he's the best fighter amongts all GL"s.

No.

Endless Mike
Isn't current Captain Atom ridiculously powerful?

Galan007
Again, I still see that fight being 5/10. Just discussing the whole autoshield thing with you. You don't seem to understand,

Hal's shields WOULD be activated, because I say they would. hitlershakefist

nvrbeenwthagirl
You don't seem to understand,

Hal's shields WOULD be activated, because I say they would. hitlershakefist

Well this is a fight right? I've never seen a GL go into a fight without his ring on

Soljer
Well this is a fight right? I've never seen a GL go into a fight without his ring on

We aren't talking about shields. We're talking about auto-shields. The kind that only come up in response to lethal attacks.

Galan007
We aren't talking about shields. We're talking about auto-shields. The kind that only come up in response to lethal attacks. So if Surfer launched an attack at > c., Hal's ring would read Surfer's mind, and find out that Surfer didn't mean to kill Hal, just knock him out?

Sorry, but autoshields go up if something has the potential to inflict mortal damage to the ring bearer.

An attack at c, would pose said danger to an unprotected Hal. wink

Thus,
I see no reason why autoshields wouldn't be a given for Hal, in that scenario?

Soljer
So if Surfer launched an attack at > c., Hal's ring would read Surfer's mind, and find out that Surfer didn't mean to kill Hal, just knock him out?

Sorry, but autoshields go up if something has the potential to inflict mortal damage to the ring bearer.

An attack at c, would pose said danger to an unprotected Hal. wink

Thus,
I see no reason why autoshields wouldn't be a given for Hal, in that scenario?

Don't ask me how they do it. They're the most advanced pieces of technology in the universe.

For whatever reason, they know what'll happen. They'll be able to tell that the Surfer ISN'T going to just try to knock hal's head off.

That's the explanation for Batman knocking around Lanterns. I mean, Batman COULD kill a human in a single hit - so that means an expected attack by Batman COULD be lethal.

But, they never are, so the shields never come up.

Validus
That nukka doesn't get past Highball.

Galan007
They'll be able to tell that the Surfer ISN'T going to just try to knock hal's head off. Smells like PIS to me -- Or simply that Hal's ring wouldn't be functioning to it's best -- Both of which conflict with the forum rules.

Anyhow,
An attack from Surfer at c, would kill an unprotected Hal imo -- So there is no reason that his autoshields wouldn't manifest in a 'just incase' fashion -- Simply assuming that his ring wouldn't shield him from this type of attack, because Surfer's intentions may not be centered around killing him, seems a bit faulty, and doesn't change the fact the Surfer would still be attacking at c.

That's the explanation for Batman knocking around Lanterns. I mean, Batman COULD kill a human in a single hit - so that means an expected attack by Batman COULD be lethal.

But, they never are, so the shields never come up. Comparing an attack from Batman, to an attack from Surfer at > c-esque speeds, is... Meh. ermm

Soljer
A one hit kill is a one hit kill. Why wouldn't they happen 'just in case' in one case but not the other?

Galan007
A one hit kill is a one hit kill. Why wouldn't they happen 'just in case' in one case but not the other? ey? confused

Bouboumaster
Even if they are equal, the ring would continue to loose energy. Hal with no ring is pwn by a Surfer with continual PC.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Even if they are equal, the ring would continue to loose energy. Hal with no ring is pwn by a Surfer with continual PC.
The rings and the wearers have greater feats than surfer. Time stop anyone? Universal Big bang bubbles being created? Creating and fixing machine parts to send Quantums to another reality of existance. being able to actually hurt angels and send them back to heaven. Absorbing the souls of beings. Sucking people into light worlds for infinity.

UniOmni
Fukking stupid posters....

Surfer stops at Infinity Man, and there alone.

He makes a lead ball gag for Orion and leaves him mute and growling.

He pops mantis while in the cocoon, and leaves him howling.

He zomgwhambumblephukks Hal and leaves him fouling.

He punctures Jason's suit via a power cosmic enhanced butt gouging.

Surfer walks through the comp, and DC fans quiver and snivel.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by UniOmni
Fukking stupid posters....

Surfer stops at Infinity Man, and there alone.

He makes a lead ball gag for Orion and leaves him mute and growling.

He pops mantis while in the cocoon, and leaves him howling.

He zomgwhambumblephukks Hal and leaves him fouling.

He punctures Jason's suit via a power cosmic enhanced butt gouging.

Surfer walks through the comp, and DC fans quiver and snivel.

marvel/surfer wanking much? confused

Soljer
marvel/surfer wanking much? confused

Quite a bit, I'd say.

Gecko4lif
orion shit stomps surfer

why are we even debating this

Roldz
Cause we have diff. opinions on that matter..

Soljer
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
orion shit stomps surfer

Cause Surfer beats orion like a redheaded step child.

tdawg14
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
orion shit stomps surfer

laughing That fight is an ass kicking by SS

nvrbeenwthagirl
Depends. Orion does seem quite a bit stronger than surfer. And a better fighter. ANd has a MB and the AF. Can surfer survive a full on blast by the AF?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.