Shazam! Dwayne Johnson or Brandon Molale

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SupezM'
http://imdb.com/title/tt0448115/

Who do you guys think would make the better Captain Marvel?

I'm leaning towards Molale, he definitely has the look. Whether or not he can act I'm not sure.

roughrider
Hmm...Molale seems to have it. Definitely better than Jake Gyllenhaal.

If they are talking to both him & Johnson, that could mean Johnson is being tapped to play Black Adam.

SupezM'
http://imdb.com/gallery/granitz/6157/Events/6157/BrandonMo_Jesse_13757023_600.jpg.html?hint=nm0596404

Hmm..

GreatMuta
The Rock would be a great Black Adam! Give him the pointy ears and lert him roll! He can fill out the suit easily and im sure he can play a bad ass!

Not sure about the lead going to Molale (is he a proven actor)

batdude123
Molale has the perfect look for Captain Marvel. P-E-R-F-E-C-T.

However, I think his questionable acting skills may be a problem...

SupezM'
I agree, don't think they could find a better look alike.

If I'm not mistaken he was the Football Star in Adam Sandlers Mr. Deeds. His small part was pretty slap stick but his acting wasn't bad.

Links to some of his acting.

Warning: Some Language.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=65d3jL-Bdks

Comic Con Interview With Molale About The Part. Wow, he really seems to want to play the part and he know's his Superhero.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HL72zJhLqSA

CaptainStoic
I'm convinced, Brandon is Captain Marvel.

Kal of Krypton
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
I'm convinced, Brandon is Captain Marvel. Same here.

I watched the interview with him at the ComicCon and it seems like he's perfect for the role of Capt. Marvel. He seems to fit the part perfectly.

Plus, I'm really not a big fan of the Rock, I dont like his acting and he looks nothing like Captain Marvel.

roughrider
After watching the footage of Brandon Molale, I'm convinced too. Sign him up! thumb up

I'm not that comfortable with Peter Segel as the director, though...

TricksterPriest
Wow. This guy is absolutely amazing. Dwayne Johnson would be better as Black Adam, and it would give him a chance to expand his acting.

grey fox
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Wow. This guy is absolutely amazing. Dwayne Johnson would be better as Black Adam, and it would give him a chance to expand his acting.

Same here.

Now i'm just wondering who'll play Billy.....

ragesRemorse
shaq

batdude123
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
shaq

He was in 'Kazam.'

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by batdude123
He was in 'Kazam.'

i know, he should be in another zam movie

Bransolute
Originally posted by GreatMuta
The Rock would be a great Black Adam! Give him the pointy ears and lert him roll! He can fill out the suit easily and im sure he can play a bad ass! Pretty much.

SpookySmurph
Meh. I'd prefer Black Adam to be played by somebody who can act, like, even a little bit...

Kal of Krypton
^hysterical

batdude123
Originally posted by SpookySmurph
Meh. I'd prefer Black Adam to be played by somebody who can act, like, even a little bit...

With Brandon Molale as the main character, the Rock in juxtaposition with him would look like De Niro.

Badabing
the Rock in juxtaposition with him We don't want to hear about your sick fantasies.....BATDUDE! madfist durfist

Seriously, they both look the part but acting is another story.........

batdude123
Originally posted by Badabing
We don't want to hear about your sick fantasies.....BATDUDE! madfist durfist

Seriously, they both look the part but acting is another story.........

stick out tongue

But I do think that Dwayne Johnson's "badness" in terms of acting skills get overrated a lot by people.

Badabing
stick out tongue

But I do think that Dwayne Johnson's "badness" in terms of acting skills get overrated a lot by people. I'm wondering how he'd pull off the accent? He does look like Teth though.

WrathfulDwarf
Neither....if they're going to get an actor to play Captain Marvel pick a good candidate.

Switch 07
http://www.oakado.de/blog/files/misc/32.jpg

Badabing
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Neither....if they're going to get an actor to play Captain Marvel pick a good candidate. It seems they're going more for a look than skill. sad

Bad Ash231
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Neither....if they're going to get an actor to play Captain Marvel pick a good Canadian.

Agreed. smile

batdude123
Thing about it is... Brandon Molale looks exactly like Captain Marvel and the Rock looks exactly like Black Adam.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by SupezM'
http://imdb.com/title/tt0448115/

Who do you guys think would make the better Captain Marvel?

I'm leaning towards Molale, he definitely has the look. Whether or not he can act I'm not sure.

Neither.

Passione
Not a huge fan of The Rock.. Brandon Molale does have the Capt Marvel look about him.. If you squint your eyes..

Besides I already found the perfect Capt Marvel! Shame he cant act though

SupezM'
No one really knows if Molale can act, he's never had a role that wasn't a quirky side character just put in the scene for comic affect.

roughrider
I'm wondering how he'd pull off the accent? He does look like Teth though.

Whatever his voice sounded like in The Scorpian King will be fine. He was basically an Arab Conan.

Validus
Did Rock even bother trying to fake an accent for Scorpion King? confused

Badabing
Originally posted by Passione
Not a huge fan of The Rock.. Brandon Molale does have the Capt Marvel look about him.. If you squint your eyes..

Besides I already found the perfect Capt Marvel! Shame he cant act though Who would be a perfect Captain Marvel?

TricksterPriest

Besides I already found the perfect Capt Marvel! Shame he cant act though

who you got?

And I think the Rock is underrated.

batdude123
Originally posted by Validus
Did Rock even bother trying to fake an accent for Scorpion King? confused

srug

He said "Haku Machente!!" or some bullshit like that in the beginning of the Mummy 2.

Validus
srug

He said "Haku Machente!!" or some bullshit like that in the beginning of the Mummy 2.
I remember that gem. ermm

I'll give him credit. He's improved a lot since his Mummy days. The Scorpion King was basically his WWE persona with a ponytail. laughing out loud

Toku King
I just saw my dream actor for Captain Marvel, and his name is Brandon Molale.

For the love of all that is pure in comic book fandom, cast Molale!

If the Rock isn't Black Adam, I will freak. If Molale isn't Captain Marvel, I will blow up. If the Rock is Captain Marvel, I will go postal.

endrict

thumb up well said my friend.

Citizen V
Molale for Black Adam.

The Rock for the Big Red Cheese.

ermm.

TricksterPriest

I'll give him credit. He's improved a lot since his Mummy days. The Scorpion King was basically his WWE persona with a ponytail. laughing out loud

I thought he was solid in Walking Tall. And despite Doom being a POS, he was pretty good. Gridiron Gang was good too.

This is going to be a comic book movie. Which is basically an action flick. Action flicks have lower standards for acting. cool Look at Ahnuld, Stallone, Van Damme, etc.

Dwayne Johnson is noticably better than most of those guys. stick out tongue

batdude123

Shit, didn't he even do a 'rock bottom' on some mother f*cker in that movie? laughing out loud

Passione
Who would be a perfect Captain Marvel?

Theres a guy in my profile.. He to me would be perfect as Capt marvel

TricksterPriest
Bada? Tempting. But too short. stick out tongue

Badabing
Theres a guy in my profile.. He to me would be perfect as Capt marvel Thanks bella. blushing

Bada? Tempting. But too short. stick out tongue Shut your mouth you ignorant wretch! She said: "He to me would be perfect as Capt"! So to her and not so much the movie. madfist

stick out tongue

TricksterPriest
the face and build are exactly what the role needs. But as far as height goes......how about Captain Marvel Jr. ? stick out tongue

Badabing
the face and build are exactly what the role needs. But as far as height goes......how about Captain Marvel Jr. ? stick out tongue Well......it's WAY better than being Robin! w00t

roughrider
the face and build are exactly what the role needs. But as far as height goes......how about Captain Marvel Jr. ? stick out tongue
What the f**k? What - 6"4 isn't tall enough for you?

I would've considered Dwayne Johnson for Captain Marvel some time before. But, seeing Brandon Molale in the role - this would be perfection, as in Christopher Reeve/Superman or Patrick Stewart/Professor X perfection! I really hope they take a chance with him.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by roughrider
What the f**k? What - 6"4 isn't tall enough for you?

I would've considered Dwayne Johnson for Captain Marvel some time before. But, seeing Brandon Molale in the role - this would be perfection, as in Christopher Reeve/Superman or Patrick Stewart/Professor X perfection! I really hope they take a chance with him.

I was talking about Badabing in that quote. stick out tongue

ankur29
Molale has the perfect look for Captain Marvel. P-E-R-F-E-C-T.

However, I think his questionable acting skills may be a problem...

your just saying that cos he look's like the ross version ...... it doesn't matter though dwayne would make a perfect CM ..... right build,personality,height who is >6ft3" personally they should use dwayne
but i ahve teh feeling that the film will show CM as a second rate superman! screwing lifting mountains they will have him struggle to lift a automobile/helicopter and having him moving slower than sound!

batdude123
Originally posted by ankur29
your just saying that cos he look's like the ross version ......

Don't give me that bullshit.

I'm saying that because he looks like Captain Marvel... period.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Fans want Dwayne to play Black Adam. I think he is all wrong for either role, but if he does a fair acting job, then Dwayne should do good.

SevenShackles
johnson is offically Black Adam >_> i saw it on TV. they said he accepted tho role n stuff.

batdude123
Originally posted by SevenShackles
johnson is offically Black Adam >_> i saw it on TV. they said he accepted tho role n stuff.

Sweet.

He's perfect for that role.

roughrider
Originally posted by SevenShackles

Really? So it's official - Johnson will be Adam, and Molale will be Marvel?
Excellent! Happy Dance Happy Dance

SupezM'
Should be a big budget film then, Johnson is a big name and crowd puller. Will be a good test for Molale as a lead.

roughrider
Originally posted by SupezM'
Should be a big budget film then, Johnson is a big name and crowd puller. Will be a good test for Molale as a lead.

Yes, it's an old casting trick. If your lead is rather unknown, then make sure you get a bigger name for the adversary, like Gene Hackman being cast opposite Christopher Reeve, which in turn lead to Kevin Spacey opposite Brandon Routh.

ankur29
i jsut hope there are soem superman level feast in this movie! as CM&BA are equal to supes in physical terms

i hope they don't have smallville like superstrength and such but more like superman returns i.e. when they fight they cause lots of earthquakes etc amnd lift and smash through moutains and move faster than bullets!

also molae will have to bulk the hell up and get into shape , cos dwayne currently owns him ! also if they get to making a seqeul won't molale have saggy old chest and stuff he has a bit right now?

roughrider
Molale looks in good shape already. He can work out a bit more, but it's not as neccessary. The classic Captain Marvel uniform isn't supposed to look skintight; it sits a little loose like a military uniform. And, he is like a stronman crossed with a sorceror, so if they made small adjustments to make him more like a magic user, that would be fine with me.

GreatMuta
I see no Problem with Dwayne Johnson's acting. He already can show Waaaay more emotion than Josh Harnett and his timing is pretty damn good. He is a good "live" actor, he had to be one in his former proffesion.

Why do people hate on the "Rock"? His movies are just as lucrative (hit and miss) as Ben Affleck or Colin Farrell!

[BAW]Endrict
Originally posted by ankur29
i jsut hope there are soem superman level feast in this movie! as CM&BA are equal to supes in physical terms

i hope they don't have smallville like superstrength and such but more like superman returns i.e. when they fight they cause lots of earthquakes etc amnd lift and smash through moutains and move faster than bullets!

Yeah, I agree they shouldn't Fu@k it up by under writing him or BA. They have to at least show Superman Returns Feats.

Deathstroke
Is Molale official now? I'd heard Rock was officially Adam, but I hadn't heard anything official for Cap yet.

MattDay
man they got it right! for once! rock knew adam was what the fans wanted him to play, so he goes for it, he says this on mtv over here in uk, and that guy who normally turns up in adam sandler/ben stiller films would be good to make him a bigger star

endrict
Originally posted by Deathstroke
Is Molale official now? I'd heard Rock was officially Adam, but I hadn't heard anything official for Cap yet.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1573336/20071101/index.jhtml

The Mean Queen
rock will be black adam

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by The Mean Queen
rock will be black adam

Not sure if thats a good choice.

ScarletSpeed
I cant think of anyone better to play Black Adam looks wise, dont know if he will be able to pull him off acting wise though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.